Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 06:17 PM
sk101190 Offline
New Trainer

Default Is God Real?

Simple question, and this is just that question

is GOD real, not if the christian/muslim/jewish interpretation of such a god is crappy

so i'm wondering, is God real?

I mean, I find it very hard to belive that such a being exists,

yet so many people believe in him..
Old 07-07-2004, 07:32 PM
Inferno Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Inferno
Default Re: Is God Real?

I think as long as a person receives faith, hope, security, and strength from belief or disbelief in God, then that's what really matters. I am fairly confused when I think about the existance of God. In the other thread about god creating everything it's an endless debate and I play "devil's advocate" a lot and try to show people all sides of a situation. But does God exist? Yes in every true believer. Is God real? is he tangible? can he be seen, touch, actually heard? I don't think so... so that's a good question. Is God real?
Old 07-07-2004, 07:35 PM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange

Yo really can't discuss this. Religion is a sensitive subject sometimes, and people believe what they believe. Myself, I believe that god is something you can't comprehend, it is like energy or something.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:43 PM
akdude Offline

Send a message via AIM to akdude Send a message via MSN to akdude Send a message via Yahoo to akdude

Man, I've been in many of these threads for the past few days. Ok I'm sure some know that I'm a Christian. And I do believe there is a God b/c of what I've seen and have experienced.

God is real. Just b/c u caint see him doesn't mean he's not. It's like tellin a little kid that Santa is real. After they hear that a few times, they gain faith in him. And if u end up tellin them he doesn't exsist, they may or may not continue having that faith. It's pretty much the same way with God. It all comes down to faith my friend. And faith comes from hearing the word of God.

And if u want to know what I've seen and experienced then I shall give u a few examples.

My mom was in the hospitol after gettin hit in the head with a puck. She prayed to God and so did I (I wasn't a Christian then, but I felt like I had to). And after a few days, everything was back to normal.

My father lost his job in the military, then got hired by a company on the base here. He gets paid $17 an hr. And now, he was offered an even better job in Gorgia. He'll be building jets and gettin paid $20 an hr.

We had to move b/c the rent was too high for us to pay. So after a few months of looking, the great Lord sent us to this wonderful house that has a really low rent. It's only $400 a month for 3 bedrooms.

Non of these r a coquencedence my friend. There really is a Lord...A God. U just gotta gain the faith...But u cannot believe with ur brain, u must believe with something else.

MWAHAHA!! The bunnies will take over the world!!

Name: Slash
FC: 2191 4116 0821
Old 08-02-2004, 03:14 AM
Deoxys0003 Offline
New Trainer

I would first like to say that I am Christian as well and that I am coming from a biased point of view. I believe that there is a God, and not just a "god", but the Christian God.

The Bible points to a God from the very first verse. "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." It also states that belief in God is the beginning of wisdom and understanding.

You can see God in the external world today. The plants, planets, oxygen, etc. So many things must be done to maintain life, for instance, if we were any closer to the sun, we would all burn and die. It could not be this orrderly if there was an explosion of some sort IMO. Humans themselves show that there is a God. Any other creature on this earth cannot reason or communicate to each other to the extent that humans can. Humans also have the abillity to discern from right and wrong, unlike any other creature on this earth. God created humans special.

Then there are personal experiences that ak has mentioned.

The evidence for a God is there, I think. You just haven't looked for the proofs yet. You haven't come with the belief that there is a God.

o
l
/\

He's after you.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:19 AM
Chris Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Chris

This thread is really old, don't bring back old threads.

*Locked.

(Oh wait, I'm not a g-mod anymore )
Old 08-05-2004, 05:27 AM
Techno Treecko Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Techno Treecko Send a message via Yahoo to Techno Treecko

Hahah

Old 08-05-2004, 11:32 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedTreecko
Hahah

TT.... You nev3er locked it
Old 08-05-2004, 01:49 PM
JoshE Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to JoshE Send a message via Yahoo to JoshE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew
TT.... You nev3er locked it
I wish I could lock posts.

Old 08-06-2004, 03:50 PM
Deoxys0003 Offline
New Trainer

Wouldn't it be better if we could continue discussing this topic instead of locking it because it is old? It is a discussion...

o
l
/\

He's after you.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:34 PM
art Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to art Send a message via MSN to art

That all depends on your definition of god...

miyavi is the hotness
Old 08-07-2004, 10:46 PM
Necrobat Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Necrobat

I'm not one to really take sides as my views are mixed.

I believe that the world was created by God. That he cultivated it. There's some evidence that some events took place.(Like when they found the wood on the muntain and they believe it's Noah's ark.) But then again, I believe some of sciences points-of-view. I believe that we evolved from monkeys.

But here's another thing. If the bible records from the dawn of time, where's the mention of the dinosaurs? They don't even "exist". Also, if God does exist, why is he not stopping our planet get all messed up?

Like I said before, I don't take sides. I'm just raising some valid points from both sides.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:43 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

How would they be able to know the dinosaurs exist? The first dinosaur bone and such wan't found until the beginning of the 20th century? I Think... plus they didn't have the technology and such... blah blah blah... Now to my point.

God is not physically real, but I do beleive that he exists. If he didn't, nobody would beleive in him. He exists spiritually. He exists in your minds, your heart... he gives you hope and all other stuff... Now, is God real? Not physically, but in our imaginations and dreams.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:11 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

I think that this is more non-physical than physical itself. What I think is that if you believe there is (are) a God (Gods), then there is (are). If you do not believe that there is one, then there isn't. It's that simple for me, since it's not something that anyone can prove physically.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:32 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

You can't argue about these stuff, since different religions will say differently.

From my own POV, although I am a Buddhist, I don't believe in "God" or whatever. You can't see, hear, smell or touch him/her, what makes you think he/she is there? You do actually realise we're just praying to a statue every time we pray, right? Well, that's just my opinion.
Closed Thread