Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 12-18-2006, 08:55 PM
Aipom Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Movies You Hate But Everyone Else LIKES!!!

Anyone else here hate Date movie like me?

I watched the first half hour and immedlty returned it to blockbuster saying it was a crappy film .

Thanks to tombi for the awesome avii
Old 12-18-2006, 11:12 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Napoleon Dynamite: >< It was a complete waste of time. It was plotless, which is the main reason I didn't like it. Yeah, maybe that's what made it funny, but that's apparently not my taste...

Eragon: Not really a 'everyone loved it' movie, because all the book fans at my school were as pissed as me. They butchered the book! Everything is changed, so many important parts taken out its not funny... And Arya isn't an elf! Well, she is, but she doesn't look like one. The highlight of the movie was the visual effects and Saphira, which, despite everthing else, majorly owned.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Legendary Wolf Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Legendary Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconic_Espeon View Post
Napoleon Dynamite: >< It was a complete waste of time. It was plotless, which is the main reason I didn't like it. Yeah, maybe that's what made it funny, but that's apparently not my taste...

Eragon: Not really a 'everyone loved it' movie, because all the book fans at my school were as pissed as me. They butchered the book! Everything is changed, so many important parts taken out its not funny... And Arya isn't an elf! Well, she is, but she doesn't look like one. The highlight of the movie was the visual effects and Saphira, which, despite everthing else, majorly owned.
I agree with Napoloen Dynamite that was a complete waste of my time
Old 12-19-2006, 08:46 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Around my school everyone adores this disney channel movie called Highschool Musical. I absolutley hate it, a complete piece of crap and waste of my time. It's trash.

Last edited by PainKiller; 12-22-2006 at 12:05 AM.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:13 AM
Legendary Wolf Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boogeyman... View Post
Around my school everyone adores this disney channel movie called Highschool Musica. I absolutley hate it, a complete piece of crap and waste of my time. It's trash.
Well everyone at my school likes The Lake House I thought it was crappy
Old 12-21-2006, 02:42 AM
Blue- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue-

Quote:
Your right! Everything you said was right! *Eyes glimmer with delight* Your the only one who understands just how bad the acting, Arya, and the scene cuts, truely were! If you hadn't read the book, you wouldn't get what the heck they were talking about!

The Wasteland

Old 12-25-2006, 01:40 AM
Mitsuko Souma Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuko Souma Send a message via MSN to Mitsuko Souma Send a message via Yahoo to Mitsuko Souma

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker matt View Post
The War of the Worlds, everyone says what a great movie it is but it's plotline is pathetic alongside the original book by H.G.Wells. I admit since the book was written in the early 1900s they've done well to bring it into the twenty-first century, but it's been caught up in the whole Hollywood idea of "we must show that broken families work in the midst of armaggedon".

Plus they chose Tom Cruise as the lead.
Pirates of the Carribean and Lord of the Rings bored me. D:

I don't know what it is.

Just.

Boring. Dx
Old 12-25-2006, 01:41 AM
Lucky Flareon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Lucky Flareon Send a message via MSN to Lucky Flareon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuko Souma View Post
Pirates of the Carribean and Lord of the Rings bored me. D:

I don't know what it is.

Just.

Boring. Dx
Pirates bored you becuase you aren't a girl and didn't swoon over Captain Jack Sparrow.
Old 12-25-2006, 03:06 AM
Legendary Wolf Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Pirates didnt bore me but Lord of the rings did
Old 12-25-2006, 07:03 AM
Blazeiken12 Offline
Master Trainer

GOD! The Divich Code was so long and boring I fell asleep twice! I didn't like that movie Re-Animated they showed on Cartoonetwork either! It made a mockery of Mickey, Minne, Donald, Goofie, and Chip and Dale. GOD! It made it look a 5 year old threw it together in a week.And! It didn't even have a good green screen, like when the boy was sliding down a ice slope you could see the skateboard he was sliding on.

Current Vpp
Hatch @ 397 Completed!
Rukushio @ 412 Completed!
Rentorra @ 472
Lv.100 @ 682

URPG Stats

Join the UPRG it's fun!
Old 12-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Knightblazer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Knightblazer Send a message via MSN to Knightblazer Send a message via Yahoo to Knightblazer

Hmm... I guess it would be...

Titanic: What people said. They didn't die fast enough, and I was actually resorting to singing camp songs to get this horror over with.

Lord Of The Rings: Just...no. Too dramtic for my tastes. =P

Fantastic Four: Liked the heroes, but defeating Doom with a snap? Puh-lease... I hope Rise of the Sliver Surfer can change that.

Eragon: Never followed the book one bit. Wasted a good ten bucks on the moive. :/ Shoulda watch Night at the Museum instead; at least THAT was a good laugh. >>

Hulk: Kinda good, but just too effing long! ><;

Van Helsing: Good, but the entire Werewolf crap sorta pulled it down. I jist perfer vampires. (Damn Hellsing addiction. >>)

More to come as I recalled my fragmented memory.

Knightblazer

We're all trapped in a maze of relationships; life goes on with or without you.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:41 PM
Crossfire Chaos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via ICQ to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via AIM to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via MSN to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via Yahoo to Crossfire Chaos

so Eragon is realy that bad? I was watching the comercials and going, wait... he shouldn't have met Ayra at that point, he shouldn't be riding a dragon with her. And other things like that. Plus wasn't Ayra a brunette with green eyes?

Anyway just to clear it up, Eragon met her once he was inside the dwarven city right? The book ended with him having that dream right, there was no need for him to ride with Ayra at that point, right?

oh and I'm sorry if any of my information is wrong, I read the book a long time ago.

In any case I guess I was right about it being a bad film... Guess I'll not be needing to go to the theaters this Friday then.

Yeah, That's right, I'm calling you out WAR Teams. Your going down!
Old 12-31-2006, 03:43 AM
Hiro Yuy Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Hiro Yuy Send a message via MSN to Hiro Yuy Send a message via Yahoo to Hiro Yuy
Angry Re: Movies You Hate But Everyone Else LIKES!!!

Eragon: I just got back from watching it right now. Everyone is right. It barely follows the book. The plot felt extremely rushed. Even my mom agrees and she has never read the book. The acting by some people also just plain sucks. The only good thing it has great graphics and that's about it.
中エネルギー
[URPG Stats]
Old 12-31-2006, 07:22 PM
death_metal_lawn_gnome Offline

Send a message via MSN to death_metal_lawn_gnome

the lord of the rings
honey i shrunk the kids
robocop
any chick flick ever!
Old 01-06-2007, 08:27 AM
Ryenne Raleigh Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boogeyman... View Post
Around my school everyone adores this disney channel movie called Highschool Musical. I absolutley hate it, a complete piece of crap and waste of my time. It's trash.
Thank God for people like you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeboy885 View Post
I agree with Napoloen Dynamite that was a complete waste of my time
It was pretty stupid, but I still laughed at it.

Movies I hate? Get ready for a long list:

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: The movie scared me to death

Beetlejuice: Can you say disgusting and perverted? Can you also say "Ryenne despises Tim Burton"?

Happy Feet: The most boring, stupid, pathetic film ever made. Even worse than March of the Penguins. It's just 2 hours of penguins dancing and finding their "heartsong". It starts out with penguins singing love songs to each other. >>; From the very first minutes of it I was already like "Dear Lord, I'm going to have to sit through 2 hours of this?" I could go on for days.

The DaVinci Code: Um, can you say "Ryenne is a Christian"? The sad part is that one of my Christian friends wanted to see this so bad.>>'

Deceived: My dad forced me to watch it. I hated it.

Two Brothers: Nearly three hours of tigers being shot, abused, killed, burned...I left the theater it was so bad.

The Halloween Series: Wow, a dude that wears a butt-ugly white mask that kills people. How interesting. Believe it or not, I've seen quite a few of these; total waste of my time.

I might remember more later. Sad thing is, I own about 2 of these horrible films.

@ Neo Pikachu: I love The Shining; that movie is so hilarious. But I agree with you: it wasn't scary at all.

Last edited by Ryenne Raleigh; 01-06-2007 at 08:33 AM.