Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Other Boards Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 12-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Alonso Offline

Send a message via AIM to Alonso
Default Re: Movies You Hate But Everyone Else LIKES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33 View Post
Titanic. It was boring. The best part was when the ship was going down, and then after that... boring again. The story and plot weren't very good either. I was shocked at how many awards it won, especially Best Picture.

~Jack~
Exactly.

When I saw this thread the first movie that came to mind was Napoleon Dynamite. It was the stupidest movie I had ever seen. The worst part is that before I saw it everyone kept telling me how good and funny it was. I think what the movie tried to do was make it look so stupid that it was funny (like Spongebob) but no. It was a really cruddy movie. It was so unbearable I just didn't watch the end. Now after people have read this they are going to say "what are you talking about! Napoleon Dynamite was hilarious!" Well, to me it wasn't. This isn't the first time MTV makes a crappy movie.

Quote:
Critics were somewhat divided in their opinions of Napoleon Dynamite. Some praised the movie for its unconventional humor, while others decried the film for much the same reason.
I found this on a website. How can people criticize it for being funny!? It wasn't even funny!
Go to the Anime section

Old 12-15-2006, 09:10 PM
Crossfire Chaos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via ICQ to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via AIM to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via MSN to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via Yahoo to Crossfire Chaos

god Napoleon Dynamite was the worst movie ever. We were forced to watch it recently in spanish during our spanish class and I found it terrible. The best part of the movie was the scene were Napoleon dance. I found it funny how he did all those lame moves in front of everyone and then runs off stage. But the entirety of the movie was quite terrible as it had no plot and was merely like the retelling of a semi-retarded guys life and how he and everyone around him are total idiots.

Yeah, That's right, I'm calling you out WAR Teams. Your going down!
Old 12-15-2006, 10:15 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrptr101 View Post
Da Vinci Code mocks my entire religion.
No it doesn't - and it's a work of fiction anyhow get over it.

As for me, I'm gonna have to go with Serenity. Such as bad movie...
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:49 PM
Megiddo Flame Offline

Most of the Disney cartoon SEQUELS that were NEVER released into theaters are pretty crappy. A few exceptions include The Lion King, Tarzan, and/or Aladdin sequels, which were OKAY.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:55 PM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman

Napolion Dynamyte was realy bad movie

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Old 12-15-2006, 11:00 PM
Ham and Cheese Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Ham and Cheese

The whole point of Napoleon Dynamite was to HAVE NO POINT. >_> Christ. Don't say 'it is the worst movie ever because it has no plot' because that's the whole point.

X-Men 3: It was a piece of crap. The story was slapped together, really, and you don't kill off three characters in the end. And they made Logan look like a friggin' softie...-_-

Last edited by Ham and Cheese; 12-15-2006 at 11:06 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 12-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Hoshika Offline

I hate Date Movie! Everyone thought it was funny, but it was stupid. =\

I didn't actually see it, but it LOOKED pretty stupid. Anybody that saw it, hear me out! XP
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 12-15-2006, 11:22 PM
Rapz Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Rapz Send a message via Yahoo to Rapz

Good Will Hunting-Idk, I just couldn't get into it. I'm a big fan of Robin Williams and I like Matt Damon and Ben Stiller...but...I just couldn't get into it.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:47 PM
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger

Titanic: I hate this movie with passion. The characters couldn't die fast enough. everybody loves this movie I would burn it in hell and hope it doesn't get spit back up.

X Men 3: They ruined years of comics with in a matter of hours. ruined the feel of the characters, and at least they could have shown Nightcrawler being banished to hell or that dimension.

Spy Kids: Honestly burn in hell. Plot sucked excution was sub par. In fact an excution would have been preferable. Cast of characters were eh. The main bad guy had thumbs as his henchman What the hell was he thinking?

Forest Gump: I cried a river waiting for this horror to end.

Barbershop: Had me rethinking about ever stating I was half black.

Superman: Not that the movies were all that bad, but him running down the street yanking his clothes off to reveal tights has me thinking we may have "fruity" Super heros.

Mars Attacks: Made me laugh a lot, made me cry even more.

Wizard of oz: That wizard of blinking Emerald city, I wish Mars would attack. That lion ought be taken out and...vaporized. and sombody stick a nuculear warhead right up that witch's.

Perfect Storm: Whywhy why in the hell would anybody watch this. They fish for an hour and half then spend two hours dying. Just do us a favor and walk the plank.

Brokeback Mountain: What a disturbing sight. What a really disturbing sight. To be honest after watching this I wouldn't be surprised if I created a few bombs in intrest of destroying a few states.

I got to get off so perhaps I'll post more later.

~Isaiah

URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref
Old 12-15-2006, 11:51 PM
Dark Charizard Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Charizard

I HATE High School Musical. Or any other Disney movies.

PM me if you want me to vote for you. :D

Old 12-16-2006, 12:15 AM
Ham and Cheese Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I ditto that.

@ ST(D): Forrest Gump was a great movie. It's just a little deep, 's all. And even though I'm sick of it now, I used to put TWoO on for hours and hours on end when I was a little younger. I don't even want to think of it now, but--:P
Old 12-16-2006, 12:32 AM
Jet Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet

X-Men 3: reaally way off from the other 2 for me... I like that part where Juggernaut runs after Kitty though XD

Matrix: I don't hate it, but I definitely don't like it; why? They're just stretching the point; everything might be a dream; we're being used as energy by higher beings... wooooooo... for the sequels; that aspect didn't really show much.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:32 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker matt View Post
The War of the Worlds, everyone says what a great movie it is but it's plotline is pathetic alongside the original book by H.G.Wells. I admit since the book was written in the early 1900s they've done well to bring it into the twenty-first century, but it's been caught up in the whole Hollywood idea of "we must show that broken families work in the midst of armaggedon".

Plus they chose Tom Cruise as the lead.
I wouldn't consider this a "Everyone else likes it but me" movie. It had mostly bad reviews and did poorly in theatres. I believe DVD sales weren't high either and most people forgot about it. So generally, it was a movie not liked by most.

My brother hated it.

ST- How could anyone hate The Wizard of Oz? Talk about a classic.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 12-16-2006, 06:46 AM
Dragon Hunter Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Dragon Hunter Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon Hunter

X-men 3 is a rip-off movie. I'm personally an X-men fan, but what were they thinking, losing three members lives?!

Another thing is, they should've put Jeans form of the Pheonix in a later movie. I can assure you, on the next movie they'll have a bad time having an idea for another X-men movie, after three more important members died. I'm sad to say, i'm gonna stick to comic books and stay away from the movies.

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."

[URPG|CO-O|VPP|My Gallery]

Old 12-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Ham and Cheese Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Hunter View Post
X-men 3 is a rip-off movie. I'm personally an X-men fan, but what were they thinking, losing three members lives?!

Another thing is, they should've put Jeans form of the Pheonix in a later movie. I can assure you, on the next movie they'll have a bad time having an idea for another X-men movie, after three more important members died. I'm sad to say, i'm gonna stick to comic books and stay away from the movies.
They're probably not even going to make another movie, considering X3: The LAST Stand

But I agree with you, the comics are much better. I must admit, though, that X1 and X2 were pretty good. But X3 is a complete pile of horsecrap. After watching it, I was like 'W.T.F.' First of all, how in the hell did Scott die? Second, they made Logan all 'boo-hoo I lost the love of my life woe is me' kind of person.

I don't see why anyone liked that movie.