Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Other Boards Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 12-14-2006, 07:21 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Movies You Hate But Everyone Else LIKES!!!

You know there are a few to you. You can't understand why everyone else seems to like them when you yourself can't STAND them. So, what movies seems to be on everyone else's favorite list... while they're totally disliked by you?

Here are mine:

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory: I like Wonka candy (Nerds and Runts are awesome), but I HATE the movies. They're awful. Bunch of bratty kids win some trip to some psychosis candy factory, sign a waver that lawyers would laugh at, and get them stupid selves into stupid messes. And then some anti-social kid named Charlie wins, it ends, and some annoying song starts playing.

I haven't seen the new version of this (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory), and I certainly don't intend on it. It looks even worse, like the producers did a double-take on the LSD this time. And that one part with that girl becoming a fat blueberry still distrubs me to this day. I know they made it even worse in the new one...

I don't see what other people see in this movie...

The Di Vinci Code - Zzzz. I don't go to the movies very often, and the one time I did with a few friends, it was a sleeper. Some random stuff happens, makes it impossible for the viewer to connect everything without seeing it multiple times, and brings up a lot of... weirdness. Murder, car chase, weird psycho torturing himself, driving around, end up back in the same place anyway, end. You can't help but feel like you've missed half the movie even though you've been patiently sitting through it the entire time.

I would love for Leonardo Di Vinci to come down and give this movie a big WTF. Seriously. And man did this recieve a LOT OF HYPE for the little that it actually was. A great "Oh dang, I can't go to sleep -- Oh wait, here's a movie to go to sleep with!" kind of film.

The Shining - Hilarous for all the wrong reasons is a movie that failed at being scary. OMG, kid moving toward the bathroom, scary music playing, is there going to be something in the bathroom behind the shower curtain? OF COURSE THERE IS! And loads of other incredibly predictable and unintentionally hilarous events both after and prior to that. The part where the guy gets hit on the head with a swing moving by itself is just too funny. Plus you hate all the characters so much that you honestly don't care if they all die. That's the best part of most horror films.

A great example of how badly cliches can ruin a movie. Yet... somehow some people find it as a good horror movie...

Last edited by Neo Emolga; 12-14-2006 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:32 PM
LS Offline

Default Re: Movies You Hate But Everyone Else LIKES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
You know there are a few to you. You can't understand why everyone else seems to like them when you yourself can't STAND them. So, what movies seems to be on everyone else's favorite list... while they're totally disliked by you?

Here are mine:

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory: I like Wonka candy (Nerds and Runts are awesome), but I HATE the movies. They're awful. Bunch of bratty kids win some trip to some psychosis candy factory, sign a waver that lawyers would laugh at, and get them stupid selves into stupid messes. And then some anti-social kid named Charlie wins, it ends, and some annoying song starts playing.

I haven't seen the new version of this (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory), and I certainly don't intend on it. It looks even worse, like the producers did a double-take on the LSD this time. And that one part with that girl becoming a fat blueberry still distrubs me to this day. I know they made it even worse in the new one...

I don't see what other people see in this movie...

The Di Vinci Code - Zzzz. I don't go to the movies very often, and the one time I did with a few friends, it was a sleeper. Some random stuff happens, makes it impossible for the viewer to connect everything without seeing it multiple times, and brings up a lot of... weirdness. Murder, car chase, weird psycho torturing himself, driving around, end up back in the same place anyway, end. You can't help but feel like you've missed half the movie even though you've been patiently sitting through it the entire time.

I would love for Leonardo Di Vinci to come down and give this movie a big WTF. Seriously. And man did this recieve a LOT OF HYPE for the little that it actually was. A great "Oh dang, I can't go to sleep -- Oh wait, here's a movie to go to sleep with!" kind of film.

The Shining - Hilarous for all the wrong reasons is a movie that failed at being scary. OMG, kid moving toward the bathroom, scary music playing, is there going to be something in the bathroom behind the shower curtain? OF COURSE THERE IS! And loads of other incredibly predictable and unintentionally hilarous events both after and prior to that. The part where the guy gets hit on the head with a swing moving by itself is just too funny. Plus you hate all the characters so much that you honestly don't care if they all die. That's the best part of most horror films.

A great example of how badly cliches can ruin a movie. Yet... somehow some people find it as a good horror movie...
Are you mad? The Da Vinci Code rocks...

I hate The Fantastic Four I just hate it! Last time I said that to my friends they started chasing me with wooden sticks. :/
Old 12-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Rohypnol Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rohypnol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Slayer View Post
Are you mad? The Da Vinci Code rocks...

I hate The Fantastic Four I just hate it! Last time I said that to my friends they started chasing me with wooden sticks. :/
Da Vinci Code mocks my entire religion. Besides its a lame movie.

DoIPutNameHere: cradily, bad game really f***** up w/o storm drain, horrible playing, i give you a 0/10, please try harder next time
Old 12-14-2006, 07:51 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrptr101 View Post
Da Vinci Code mocks my entire religion. Besides its a lame movie.
I didn't like the idea it had on my religion either, but that's even besides the point...

Old 12-14-2006, 07:56 PM
Lucky Flareon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Lucky Flareon Send a message via MSN to Lucky Flareon

I only read The Da Vinci Code. The whole religion factor didn't offend me in the least, but I'll be the first to admit that religion isn't a big part of my life.

I dislike musicals, and dislike musicals made into movies with a passion. For example, RENT or A Chorus Line. Why must they sing about everything? It annoys me to no end, and I have yet to sit through an entire musical. Thing is, a lot of my friends are into theatre and arts, so they are in love with them.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:57 PM
LS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I only read The Da Vinci Code. The whole religion factor didn't offend me in the least, but I'll be the first to admit that religion isn't a big part of my life.

I dislike musicals, and dislike musicals made into movies with a passion. For example, RENT or A Chorus Line. Why must they sing about everything? It annoys me to no end, and I have yet to sit through an entire musical. Thing is, a lot of my friends are into theatre and arts, so they are in love with them.
Most of South Park the movie is like that but it still rocks. :p
Old 12-14-2006, 08:30 PM
Rohypnol Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rohypnol

I didn't really like Happy Feet. I found it rather lame.

DoIPutNameHere: cradily, bad game really f***** up w/o storm drain, horrible playing, i give you a 0/10, please try harder next time
Old 12-15-2006, 07:45 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Titanic. It was boring. The best part was when the ship was going down, and then after that... boring again. The story and plot weren't very good either. I was shocked at how many awards it won, especially Best Picture.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 12-15-2006, 07:53 AM
Dragon Hunter Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Dragon Hunter Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33 View Post
Titanic. It was boring. The best part was when the ship was going down, and then after that... boring again. The story and plot weren't very good either. I was shocked at how many awards it won, especially Best Picture.

~Jack~
Ughhh...I loathe Titanic.

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."

[URPG|CO-O|VPP|My Gallery]

Old 12-15-2006, 03:20 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Mine would be The Matrix. It's just boring, and it tries way too hard to be something original. I always end up falling asleep when trying to watch one of them.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Dragon Hunter Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Dragon Hunter Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post
Mine would be The Matrix. It's just boring, and it tries way too hard to be something original. I always end up falling asleep when trying to watch one of them.
Yes. Matrix is rather boring, in my opinion.

I rather hate watching Superman and Batman. I mean, look at what their wearing! Tight underpants worn on surface of the costume! XD

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."

[URPG|CO-O|VPP|My Gallery]

Old 12-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post
I admit, the first Matrix movie does take much too long to really get going. Once Neo starts the training and such, then it starts getting good, but everything before that really gets pretty sleepy. I know what you're talking about, even though I really love the Matrix triology. Yeah, its original, but it's way better than being just another cliche sci-fi movie. We have too many of those already...

Matrix Reloaded is pretty good the whole way through, while Revolutions has its kind of on and off moments of intensity. I have yet to meet anyone who liked the ending of the whole thing though...

Old 12-15-2006, 03:31 PM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

I hate most of Disney's cartoons like Snow White but everyone else likes them.

>________________________>
Old 12-15-2006, 03:54 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
I admit, the first Matrix movie does take much too long to really get going. Once Neo starts the training and such, then it starts getting good, but everything before that really gets pretty sleepy. I know what you're talking about, even though I really love the Matrix triology. Yeah, its original, but it's way better than being just another cliche sci-fi movie. We have too many of those already...

Matrix Reloaded is pretty good the whole way through, while Revolutions has its kind of on and off moments of intensity. I have yet to meet anyone who liked the ending of the whole thing though...
I like the concept and everything, but the movies are probably just too slow for my tastes. From what I saw of the first one, it took forever for the plot to get going ... I generally love sci-fi movies, so I'm surprised that I just can't seem to get into these ones.

Also, I just don't like series that spawn a huge following. I'm probably a hypocrite since I like Star Wars, but it seems like Matrix got overblown right after it came out. There's also the fact that my sister, who adores the series, probably ruined it for me by being a fangirl.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:21 PM
RouteMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

The War of the Worlds, everyone says what a great movie it is but it's plotline is pathetic alongside the original book by H.G.Wells. I admit since the book was written in the early 1900s they've done well to bring it into the twenty-first century, but it's been caught up in the whole Hollywood idea of "we must show that broken families work in the midst of armaggedon".

Plus they chose Tom Cruise as the lead.

Last edited by RouteMaster; 12-15-2006 at 04:25 PM.