Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-04-2006, 08:26 AM
mistdragon's Avatar
mistdragon Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Team Mistdragon's Base
Posts: 909
Exclamation Need help, again... T_T

Alright I think this is the right place to put this thread...

Ok I have a Houndour with Pursuit, and a Houndour with Will-o-Wisp. One is Male and the other is Female. When I breed, I only get the Houndour with Pursuit.

My question is, is it possible to make it so the Houndour I bred have BOTH Pursuit and Will-o-Wisp? I really need advice on this - BADLY.

Can anyone please give me step by step methods on obtaining the Houndour with both Pursuit and Will-o-wisp? I would really appreciate your help if you were to reply here or PM me if you do know. Thanks!
__________________
~*~Charizard~*~
~~Special THANKS! To Kaze and Hoshika for the Avatar! Thanks!
Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah who made this for me!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Shady's Avatar
Shady Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,547
Send a message via AIM to Shady Send a message via MSN to Shady
Default Re: Need help, again... T_T

Hopefully this thread can help you a bit:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=14780
__________________
Unown - Level 100: 4598
|| VPP - URPG ||


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-04-2006, 09:14 AM
mistdragon's Avatar
mistdragon Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Team Mistdragon's Base
Posts: 909
Default Re: Need help, again... T_T

Thanks for the help but... I still do not get my answer.

The guide only teaches how to obtain an attack ONCE, but I have 2 attacks needed to be passed down... so it boils down to one simple question;

Is it possible to breed Will-O-Wisp -AND- Pursuit into 1 Houndour? If it is possible, please give me steps to obtain it, please...

If its not possible, please tell me too. So I can save my battery and cry for another day... lol.
__________________
~*~Charizard~*~
~~Special THANKS! To Kaze and Hoshika for the Avatar! Thanks!
Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah who made this for me!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-04-2006, 09:30 AM
Shady's Avatar
Shady Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,547
Send a message via AIM to Shady Send a message via MSN to Shady
Default Re: Need help, again... T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistdragon View Post
Thanks for the help but... I still do not get my answer.

The guide only teaches how to obtain an attack ONCE, but I have 2 attacks needed to be passed down... so it boils down to one simple question;

Is it possible to breed Will-O-Wisp -AND- Pursuit into 1 Houndour? If it is possible, please give me steps to obtain it, please...

If its not possible, please tell me too. So I can save my battery and cry for another day... lol.
The male is the only one that can pass on moves to the baby. That is why your baby does not know will-o-wisp but it does know pursuit.

So, pretty much the only thing to do is too find a different pokemon (besides the father houndour/doom) that knows both of those attacks.

I'm not really a breeding expert so that's about as much as I can give you, sorry.
__________________
Unown - Level 100: 4598
|| VPP - URPG ||


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-04-2006, 09:35 AM
mistdragon's Avatar
mistdragon Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Team Mistdragon's Base
Posts: 909
Default Re: Need help, again... T_T

Yes, that was what I thought, and thanks. However... is it possible to find a Pokemon with both Pursuit and Will-O-Wisp? It sounds like only a Fire/Dark type could do this but sadly, it can't...

Anyone knows any other Pokemon capable of EITHER Pursuit/Will-O-Wisp and is able to learn the OTHER one? T_T

EDIT: Alright I got it! It suddenly struck me about Smeargle and his SKETCH ability! Obtained a Male Smeargle at level 50, made it Sketch my Will-o-Wisp, captured it, trained it one level, it learns Sketch and I Sketched my own Pursuit!

Ok now I have another problem if anyone could help;

Where should a level 35-40 Houndoom train? What about 50? 60? 70 onwards? Please do help! ^^
__________________
~*~Charizard~*~
~~Special THANKS! To Kaze and Hoshika for the Avatar! Thanks!
Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah who made this for me!

Thanks!

Last edited by mistdragon; 12-04-2006 at 02:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-05-2006, 12:47 AM
mistdragon's Avatar
mistdragon Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Team Mistdragon's Base
Posts: 909
Exclamation Re: Need help, again... T_T

Alright I know I shouldn't double post, but editing posts does not seem to push this thread up... I sincerely apologise for this double post...

Alright I got another bombing question - Where should I EV-train for DEFENSE?

I really have no idea where defensive Pokemon gather to obtain, anyone please help?

And I really am sorry for double posting.
__________________
~*~Charizard~*~
~~Special THANKS! To Kaze and Hoshika for the Avatar! Thanks!
Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah who made this for me!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-05-2006, 12:53 AM
Legendary Wolf Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,964
Send a message via AIM to Legendary Wolf
Default Re: Need help, again... T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistdragon View Post
Alright I know I shouldn't double post, but editing posts does not seem to push this thread up... I sincerely apologise for this double post...

Alright I got another bombing question - Where should I EV-train for DEFENSE?

I really have no idea where defensive Pokemon gather to obtain, anyone please help?

And I really am sorry for double posting.
I would say training at the Elite 4 because they have very good pokemon there and you level up fast there
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-05-2006, 12:55 AM
mistdragon's Avatar
mistdragon Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Team Mistdragon's Base
Posts: 909
Default Re: Need help, again... T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeboy885 View Post
I would say training at the Elite 4 because they have very good pokemon there and you level up fast there
Alright... thanks... ok now;

Anyone knows where to EV-train for Defense? I play Emerald.
__________________
~*~Charizard~*~
~~Special THANKS! To Kaze and Hoshika for the Avatar! Thanks!
Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah who made this for me!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-05-2006, 01:37 AM
Leman's Avatar
Leman Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: You have one guess
Posts: 8,639
Send a message via AIM to Leman
Default Re: Need help, again... T_T

you could fight steven a bunch of times his steel pokemon give out defence EVs
__________________
My VPP

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)


Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-05-2006, 07:17 AM
mistdragon's Avatar
mistdragon Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Team Mistdragon's Base
Posts: 909
Default Re: Need help, again... T_T

I was afraid you would say that, that's why I said;

I play Emerald, instead of Steven, I fight Wallace.
__________________
~*~Charizard~*~
~~Special THANKS! To Kaze and Hoshika for the Avatar! Thanks!
Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah who made this for me!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-05-2006, 05:31 PM
Envoy of Chaos's Avatar
Envoy of Chaos Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 311
Default Re: Need help, again... T_T

Try the route that has all of the ash covering it. It is mostly Spinda, but you usually find a few Sandshrew/Skarmory also, both of which give you def. EVs. I suggest also training a different pokemon in sp. atk at the same time, that way you can train sp. atk then switch in your pokemon you want def. EVs for whenever a Skarmory or Sandshrew shows up.
__________________

Play Paintball? Live in Wisconsin or Minnesota? Come play at Combat Paintball.

Envoy's Breeding and Ditto Supply Center
Envoy
FC: 386646322203
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-05-2006, 11:03 PM
mistdragon's Avatar
mistdragon Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Team Mistdragon's Base
Posts: 909
Default Re: Need help, again... T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envoy of Chaos View Post
Try the route that has all of the ash covering it. It is mostly Spinda, but you usually find a few Sandshrew/Skarmory also, both of which give you def. EVs. I suggest also training a different pokemon in sp. atk at the same time, that way you can train sp. atk then switch in your pokemon you want def. EVs for whenever a Skarmory or Sandshrew shows up.
Alright, I guess I shall do that. I have a little Treecko to train too.

But this is tough. I need to kill like, 76 Sandshrews or 38 Skarmories, and their appearance rate is... Lol...

Anyone knows anywhere else?

EDIT: I realized Clampearl comes often, and gives DEF EV. Is it recommended?

EDIT: Alright! I found the place already for pure DEF EV-training. I will post it in my signature in awhile to share with everyone! ^_^
__________________
~*~Charizard~*~
~~Special THANKS! To Kaze and Hoshika for the Avatar! Thanks!
Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah who made this for me!

Thanks!

Last edited by mistdragon; 12-06-2006 at 05:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-06-2006, 05:23 AM
mistdragon's Avatar
mistdragon Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Team Mistdragon's Base
Posts: 909
Exclamation Re: Need help, again... T_T

Again I have to double post, or else this thread will not go up... Sorry all mods...

Anyways, I have found the area to Def-EV train in Emerald. Maybe most know of it already, but I think I better share it now.

DEF: MAGMA HIDEOUT (JAGGED PASS). All the Pokemon there give DEF EVs. Geodude gives 1, Torkoal and Graveller(oops?) gives 2. I personally hunted it down, looking at Serebii's EV guide showing all the Pokemon, and Psypoke's in-depth info on Geodude. I then visited everywhere o.0 and finally got it.

I just want to share this, so uh, don't whack me
__________________
~*~Charizard~*~
~~Special THANKS! To Kaze and Hoshika for the Avatar! Thanks!
Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah who made this for me!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-06-2006, 05:31 PM
Envoy of Chaos's Avatar
Envoy of Chaos Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 311
Default Re: Need help, again... T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistdragon View Post
Again I have to double post, or else this thread will not go up... Sorry all mods...

Anyways, I have found the area to Def-EV train in Emerald. Maybe most know of it already, but I think I better share it now.

DEF: MAGMA HIDEOUT (JAGGED PASS). All the Pokemon there give DEF EVs. Geodude gives 1, Torkoal and Graveller(oops?) gives 2. I personally hunted it down, looking at Serebii's EV guide showing all the Pokemon, and Psypoke's in-depth info on Geodude. I then visited everywhere o.0 and finally got it.

I just want to share this, so uh, don't whack me
That is a good spot! I can't believe I didn't think of it. Another place I was def EV training last night was in the desert on Sandshrew, I know it only gives 1 def EV, except I had a macho brace AND pokerus . I'm so glad for that item and virus it really cuts down on EV training time.
__________________

Play Paintball? Live in Wisconsin or Minnesota? Come play at Combat Paintball.

Envoy's Breeding and Ditto Supply Center
Envoy
FC: 386646322203
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-07-2006, 03:25 AM
mistdragon's Avatar
mistdragon Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Team Mistdragon's Base
Posts: 909
Default Re: Need help, again... T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envoy of Chaos View Post
That is a good spot! I can't believe I didn't think of it. Another place I was def EV training last night was in the desert on Sandshrew, I know it only gives 1 def EV, except I had a macho brace AND pokerus . I'm so glad for that item and virus it really cuts down on EV training time.
Lol! Use that Pokerus+Macho Brace in the Magma Hideout. Less than 30 minutes due to the 55% appearance rate of Gravellers and Torkoals.

^_^
__________________
~*~Charizard~*~
~~Special THANKS! To Kaze and Hoshika for the Avatar! Thanks!
Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah who made this for me!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com