Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:14 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Send a message via MSN to DarkAmethyst
Default Re: Lezlie, a special girl with a special gift.

Okay, I just got done reading the whole thing, and I've got to say, you're a pretty good fanfic writer. There's a good plot, good characters, and good length of chapters, which all make an awesome fic, and the kind that I love to read.

The drawing you did of Lezlie was good as well. And you said you couldn't draw! You can draw a heck of a lot better than me.

Anyway, great job with this fic. I look forward to your next part/chapter!

"There is no hope of winning unless you fight."

Last edited by DarkAmethyst; 02-24-2007 at 12:03 AM.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Entei_3000 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_fire View Post
Okay, I just got done reading the whole thing, and I've got to say, you're a pretty good fanfic write. There's a good plot, good characters, good length of chapters, which all make an awesome fic, and the kind that I love to read.

The drawing you did of Lezlie was good, as well. And you said you couldn't draw! You can draw a heck of a lot better than me.

Anyway, great job with this fic. I look forward to your next part/chapter!
I didn't say I couldn't draw, I only said I can't draw as well as Tombi or Ryenne.

I'm glad you like the story.
Children are a blessing, why would anyone have it any other way?
98% of teens won't stand up for God... Repost this if you're one of the 2% who will.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:03 AM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Send a message via MSN to DarkAmethyst

Ohhhhh... Well, from what I saw you can. Keep up your good work!

"There is no hope of winning unless you fight."

Old 02-24-2007, 11:55 PM
Entei_3000 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

If this is a little confusing to anyone, PM me to let me know. I'll see if I can fix that. The song I chose for Sam and Lezlie's duet was confusing.

Disclaimer: Song featured is ‘You and Me and Pokemon’ from Pokemon: The Movie 3 Soundtrack.

“You ready?” Lezlie whispered. Sam looked over at her, his brown eyes soft.

“I’m ready when you are,” Sam whispered back, “You starting.”

Lezlie nodded, the music began, after a few seconds Lezlie started singing.

Lezlie: A magic feeling
It's grown so strong
Always leads me
To a place where I belong.

Sam: Won't go away
Never let me down
I've got the greatest friends
That ever could be found.

Both: Across every river
Behind every tree
On top of every mountain
They're a part of you and me!

Both: One world!

Lezlie: One world... Now and forever!

Both: Best friends!

Lezlie: Best friends... Loyal and true!

Both: One dream!

Sam: One dream... Put side by side!

Both: There's nothing we can't do!

Both: One hand!

Lezlie: One hand... Helping the other!

Both: Each heart!

Lezlie: Each heart... Beating as one!

Both: We live!

Sam: We live... Always together!

Both: Sharing the same bright sun!

Lezlie: One world…

Both: You & me & Pokemon!

Lezlie and Sam stopped, they waited, whispering encouraging things to each other. They smiled when Lilac and Brawly entered the room and found seats. Brawly looked up at them in surprise. Then Lezlie stepped up, in her left hand she held two Pokeballs, one was Sam’s, the other was borrowed from another trainer.

Lezlie: They rush like water
They soar like the wind
They're always with me
Every day that I begin.

As Lezlie sang the first two verses she released Mudkip and Pidgeot, the crowd applauded softly at her creativity. Then Sam stepped up, in his left hand he held two Pokeballs. One was Lezlie’s, the other was borrowed from another Trainer.

Sam: They burn like fire
They chill like ice
They take on any challenge
Make any sacrifice.

As Sam sang his two verses he also released Charmander and Swinub. This time the audience really clapped, some cheered and whistled. But they all soon quieted when Lezlie and Sam repeated the chorus.

When the song ended, Lezlie, Sam, Mudkip, Pidgeot, Charmander and Swinub bowed. This got the crowd going. When all six left the stage the host walked onto it.

“That was quite a performfance. Let’s give Sam and Lezlie a round of applause!” The man and audience clapped loudly. The man held up his hands for silence.

“Thank you all for being here on this beautiful. Sadly, our yearly contest is drawing to a close. But now it is time for awarding our singers for their hard work,” The man took out a slip of paper from his pocket.

“For the solo singing, the prize goes to Mary Hinkerns,” The man beckoned a young girl up ont the stage, he handed her a Pokeball, Mary thanked hom and walked off the stage.

For about another ten minutes the host awarded many people, young and old(er). Until finally the host came to the duet.

“The winner for the duet singing is Samantha and Lori Haze!” The host said cheerfully. Two girls ran up to the stage, the man gave them each a Pokeball, they thanked him and went back to their seats.

“But wait,” The host said quickly when he saw people start to leave, “Since we have two more Pokeballs here, I think they should go to the most creative singers… Sam Thomson and Lezlie Shikomia!”

Lezlie was just as stunned as Sam, but they both walked up onto the stage and received their Pokeballs.

Later Brawly treated everyone out for ice-cream. Sam and Lezlie decided to wait fro awhile before seeing what Pokemon they’d received. But Charmander and Mudkip were impatient, they wanted to see what new friend they had.

“Just wait, Charmander,” Lezlie said gently. Suddenly, the door swung open. Lezlie, Sam, Lilac and Brawly whirled around…
98% of teens won't stand up for God... Repost this if you're one of the 2% who will.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:03 AM
Blue_Dragon_Mew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Blue_Dragon_Mew Send a message via MSN to Blue_Dragon_Mew Send a message via Yahoo to Blue_Dragon_Mew

Great story, but somewhat predictable to me. I did think it was Sam who was a TR member, and that the TR pokemon was Mewtwo. Other then that, keep the story coming.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Entei_3000 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

The next part! Yay! I know it isn't exciting, I was wasrunning low on time...

Lezlie saw someone in the doorway, he looked like a sailor. In his arms he held a girl wrapped snuggly in a blanket.

“Hey there, Duke, what can I get for ya?” A man at the counter asked, oblivious to the blanket in the man’s arms.

“Nothing today,” Duke replied, “I’m here to ask where the nearest hospital is.”

“It’s not far from here,” A lady replied, “Just south from here, in Dewford Town.”

“Good,” Duke said with relief.

“We’ll take you there,” Brawly said quickly, “My friends and I were headed in that direction. But our boat got caught off course.” He quickly walked over to Duke, as Brawly drew closer he then realized what Duke was holding.

“Lilac, Lezlie, Sam,” Brawly said, “You guys take Duke to our boat. I’ll be there soon.”

Lezlie was the first to stand and walked out the door with Duke. She led him to the boat near the docks. Once they were settled they all waited for Brawly. Duke placed the bundle on the chairs, then Lezlie found out who it was.

“Courtney!” Lezlie exclaimed. Sam and Lilac ran over to her. Duke had left, so he didn’t hear Lezlie’s excited cry. Courtney opened her eyes, she slowly sat up and looked around herself, she didn’t know that her friends were with her.

Lezlie put her hand on Courtney’s, making the young girl look at her. The two smiled at each other for a moment, then Lezlie could take it no longer. She wrapped her arms around Courtney. Courtney did the same. Sam and Lilac embraced both Lezlie and Courtney happily.

“Where are we?” Courtney asked after a few minutes, “All I remember is being knocked of the boat.”

“We’re on Nova Island,” Lilac started. Courtney’s face lit up with surprise.

“Something wrong?” Lezlie asked. Courtney shook her head and explained she’d grown up on Nova Island.

“That’s cool, Courtney,” Lezlie said softly, “Did you enter that singing competition?”

“Yeah, lots of times,” Courtney replied, “I’ve never won, but it’s still fun entering.”

Brawly and Duke exploded into the room, sending everyone shooting through the ceiling in alarm.

“Kids, you’ll never guess what they’ve put on the radio,” Brawly gasped, he set a small radio on a coffee table and turned it on. They could hear Lezlie and Sam singing. It was the duet!

“No way, they actually put it on radio?” Sam asked.

“They’ve been playing all the winners,” Duke explained, “We had to hurry back in order for your four to hear it.” Courtney stared at Lezlie and Sam.

“You guys won?” Courtney asked them, her voice soft.

“Well, sort of,” Lezlie replied, “We only won because we were being creative. We used Charmander, Mudkip, a Pidgeot and a Swinub.”

“For singing?” Courtney asked in disbelief.

“Yeah, it was fun!” Lezlie answered.

“It was not,” Sam grumbled, “That Swinub was stubborn.”

“So what? I didn’t see any stubbornness in it during your duet,” Lilac said, she playfully swatted at Sam, “You need to loosen up a bit.”

After a few hours they were halfway to Dewford. Courtney preferred to stay below deck. Lilac and Sam kept her company. Lezlie walked outside and leaned against the railing. So much had happened. She’d gone so far, met so many new people and Pokemon.

But why did her parents keep her from all of it? Why have her avoid Pokemon? Anyone could see she had a knack for Pokemon training. Lezlie wondered her parents were looking for her. It was almost two days since she left home. She smiled as she remembered what she’d told her parents: She’d be back before lunch.

But now I’m not going back. Lezlie thought. I’m traveling with my friends, doing things I’ve never done, meeting new people. Training Pokemon. And I’m not going back.

Lezlie stared into the water, suddenly something jumped out at her. Lezlie screamed and fell back. A small Pokemon laughed as it landed in the boat.

“What are you?” Lezlie asked, she took out her PokeDex. She recorded it as a Spheal. The small Pokemon giggled and rolled around her. It jumped back into the water, Lezlie watched it swim away.

“Almost there!” Brawly called down to her.

“I’ll go tell the others!” Lezlie replied. She ran down below deck, she was met by something she absolutely hated…
Old 03-04-2007, 10:48 AM
chetahneogirl Offline

Send a message via MSN to chetahneogirl
Talking Re: Lezlie, a special girl with a special gift.

Awesome. I haven't been on in a while. So I had to catch up on my reading. lol You're doing great
Old 03-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Entei_3000 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

I know, I took another break. I'll try not to do that again. It's short (sorry about that too), I had a little more time, so I'm putting it up now.

“Sam! Get it off!” Lezlie screamed, she looked down fearfully at Sam’s Arbok, who had wrapped itself around Lezlie, it looked up at her with confusion in its eyes. Sam laughed and gently pried Arbok off of Lezlie.

“Sorry Lezlie,” Sam said sheepishly, “Didn’t know Arbok liked you so much.”

“Sam!” Lezlie yelled angrily. Sam backed away quickly.

“OK, OK. Maybe I did tell Arbok to give yu a hug when you came in,” Sam said. He looked up at Lezlie, his eyes suddenly softening.

“You were really scared, weren’t you?” Sam asked. Lezlie nodded, unable to speak. Sam ran up to Lezlie, by then she was crying. Sam held her close.

“I’m sorry, Lezlie. I didn’t know you’d get so frightened,” Sam said softly. Lezlie looked up at him.

“It’s OK. I shouldn’t be so scared of snake Pokemon, is all,” Lezlie said.

“It’s only natural you’d be scared, “Courtney said, “Such a new trainer like yourself.” Lezlie smiled and nodded. She loved having such great friends.

“When we get to Dewford, I’m challenging Brawly to a battle,” Courtney declared. Just then Duke came down.

“No you’re not, little miss,” Duke said firmly, “I’m taking you-“ Courtney suddenly cut in.

“You’re taking me out? How sweet of you!” Courtney exclaimed. Lilac exploded into laughter after seeing Duke’s face go as red as a cherry.

“On second thought, you go ahead a battle Brawly,” Duke said quickly as he walked out. When the door closed Courtney let out a whoop for joy.

“It’s worked again!” She yelled happily, “Oh, if only Jessica could see me now!”

“She’d be as angry as a Tauros that just got stung by a Beedrill!” Lilac laughed. Sam and Lezlie looked at the girls.

“We’ll tell you later,” Courtney said in between her giggles.

At last they made it to Dewford Town, all four quickly got off the boat. Lilac suddenly squealed in delight. Courtney, Sam and Lezlie looked at her in surprise.

“Look!” Lilac exclaimed, “A Pokemon Contest!”

“They shouldn’t have any Pokemon Contests here,” Courtney said in disbelief when she saw the building, “The Contests start in Verndanturf, not Dewford.”

“I don’t care where they start!” Lilac replied ass she made a mad dash for the building. Lezlie ran after her. Sam and Courtney stayed with Brawly.

Lezlie finally caught up with Lilac, she found the excited girl signing up. As she drew closer Lilac ran inside the building. Lezlie ran after her again.

“Lilac! Wait up!” Lezlie yelled. Lilac stopped and turned around, she smiled as Lezlie caught up with her. Lilac and Lezlie looked around in amazement, so many people and Pokemon!

“How does a Contest work?” Lezlie asked.

“Well, first you have use your Pokemon to make beautiful appeals. Like using a Jigglypuff to use Sing or something like that. Then if you make it to the second round, you go up against another trainer that also made it, trying to keep the highest points. After that yuou go on to another trainer until there’s only you and another trainer. Whoever wins the battle wins the Contest,” Lilac explained.

“Wow, have you ever won before?” Lezlie asked. Lilac shook her head.

“This’ll be my first time,” Lilac answered, “I’m so nervous.”

“I’m sure you’ll do fine,” Lezlie said encouragingly.

“Thanks, Lezlie,” Lilac said, giving her a hug, “Hey, have you told your parents where you are?”

“No, I don’t think I ever will,” Lezlie replied, “If I did, they’d come and bring me back home. I don’t want that. I’ve lived my whole life without ever leaving that island, and never hknowing about Pokemon.” Lezlie suddenly took out a Pokeball.

“I nearly forgot. The Pokemon I received from the singing competition,” Lezlie threw the Pokeball into the air, out popped a yellow mouse Pokemon. It looked up at her curiously.

“It’s so cute!” Lezlie exclaimed, kneeling down and reaching out her hand. The Pikachu stepped back and turned away.

“Huh?” Lezlie said in confusion.

“Maybe it just needs to get to know you better,” Lilac said. Suddenly a bell rang, then a male voice announced that the contest would begin soon. Both girls and the Pikachu raced off.

“Wish me luck!” Lilac called over her shoulder.

“You bet I will!” Lezlie called back.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Entei_3000 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Next part. I really want to know what you guys think of this. Comments are welcome!

Lezlie sat down with the audience. She held Pikachu in her lap. Pikachu squirmed away and sat down beside her. Lezlie sighed and looked ahead. She couldn’t wait until the Contest started. Lezlie listened as a young lady introduced the judges, and then introduced the first contestant.

Lezlie cheered along with the crowd as Lilac walked out with a Pokeball in her hand. She waved to the crowd. The audience soon quieted down fterward.

“Alright, Bulbasaur, let’s show ‘em how it’s done!” Lilac called out as she threw her ball into the air. In a flash of light, a Bulbasaur appeared, ready to dazzle the crowd and judges.

“Bulbasaur, use Razor Leaf!” Lilac called out. Bulbasaur shot out several sharp leaves. The leaves slowly floated to the ground.

“Bulbasaur, use Vine Whip to grap the leaves into a big pile. No use having a mess,” Lilac told it. Bulbasaur smiled and quickly gathered up the leaves.

“Good job, Bulbasaur!” Lilac praised, Bulbasaur smiled a the praise and grabbed three or four of the leaves, it started to juggle them, slowly, very slowly. Keeping all four in the air. After a moment Bulbasaur put the leaves back into the pile. And Lilac and Bulbsaur faced the crowd and bowed.

Lezlie stood with all the others clapping and cheering. She noticed her Pikachu didn’t, it looked a little upset.

After the Contest was over Lezlie met Lilac at the entrance. She gave her friend a hug.

“You two were great!” Lezlie said happily. Lilac didn’t look as happy as Lezlie, though.

“Yeah, but we didn’t make to the second round,” Lilac sighed.

“You tried your best,” Lezlie comforted, “I don’t know why the judges gave you low scores. From what I saw, I didn’t see any mistakes.

“Neither did I. But I guess the judges did,” Lilac replied. Suddenly Sam and Courtney raced up to them again excitedly, just like they did in Rustboro.

“We beat Brawly!” Courtney gasped, “It was easy for Sam. But I nearly got creamed!”

“That’s why it’s a good idea not to use Normal Type Pokemon,” Sam said. He turned to Lilac, “So, how’d the Contest go?”

“We didn’t make it to the second round,” Lilac answered.

“I bet you did. They just messed up the score,” Courtney said, she took Lilac’s hand, “C’mon. Let’s go see.” Sam went with Lilac and Courtney. Lezlie waited outside. She knelt down next to Pikachu and stroked its fur. Pikachu moved away.

“What’s wrong, Pikachu?” Lezlie asked it gently. Pikachu didn’t answer. Lezlie sighed and stood up. She picked up Pikachu and walked toward the docks. She and Pikachu sat side by side on the dock, looking out at the ocean.

“Its so pretty,” Lezlie murmured, “I’ve never seen it so pretty. Even though I’ve lived on an island all my life. I’ve never noticed how beautiful the ocean is.”

“Pika Pikachu Pi Pika…” Pikachu said softly. Lezlie looked down at the yellow Pokemon. She stroked its fur gently.

“I wonder if anyone from home is looking for me?” Lezlie said. Suddenly Lezlie and Pikachu heard footsteps on the dock. They turned around and saw a man standing in front of them.

“Can I help you?” Lezlie asked, standing up, she held Pikachu in her arms.

“Yes, I’m looking for a girl named Lezlie Shikomia. Do you know her? I was told she was on this island,” The man replied.

“She’s me,” Lezlie answered, feeling a little bit uncomfortable.

“Your parents are looking for you, young lady,” The man said, more firmly now, “They’re worried sick.”

“Well you can tell them that I won’t be going back,” Lezlie said hotly.

“Yes you are,” The man said he took a step forward. Lezlie stepped back. She was cornered, there was now way she’d be able to run past him, but if she jumped into the water, she’d be caught easily after getting back on land.

“I told you I’m not going back,” Lezlie retorted.

“Yes you are, miss,” The man said, growing more and more irritated at her stubbornness. He walked up to Lezlie. The girl tried to shove him away, but the man grabbed hold of her arm tightly. Lezlie was about to scream for help, but the man clamped his hand over her mouth silencing any screams.

“Nice try,” The man smirked. With srugle, he managed to bring Lezlie to a small boat where other men were waiting. He pushed Lezlie onto the boat, she nearly tripped, but someone caught her. She looked up and saw her stepfather! He didn’t look happy. Lezlie’s stepfather led her into a small room and locked her in it. Lezlie pounded on the door, yelling at the men to let her out…
Old 03-29-2007, 11:37 PM
Kayla Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: Lezlie, a special girl with a special gift

Awesome story, you're a great writer! *subscribes*
Old 03-31-2007, 07:20 PM
Entei_3000 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Lezlie kept on pounding on the door and yelling. She had to get out, there was no way she was going to be taken back home without a fight. She stopped for a moment to look around the room, not much. There was a small bed, a chair, and a window!

“Perfect!” Lezlie exclaimed. She rushed over to the window, she’d be able to fit through fine. Lezlie opened the window easily. She first let Pikachu out, she heard a small splash. Then she climbed out. She dove into the water. She surfaced and looked about her, they were still at the dock. Pikachu was already swimming for the beach.

Lezlie swam after it, trying not to be seen. She finally reached the shore. She slowly stood up. Great, now that she was off the boat, now what? Her friends might be looking for her, but she didn’t know where they’d look.

Suddenly someone grabbed Lezlie’s arm, she nearly screamed in surprise. But whoever it was clamped their hand over her mouth. Then she struggled to get away. But the person had a strong grip.

Lezlie glanced upward, she saw her stepfather leading her to the boat again. Lezlie struggled, but it wasn’t any good. She did manage to return Pikachu to its Pokeball, though.

Once Lezlie was put in the room again, her father locked the door, and he had the window locked, too. He looked at Lezlie, Lezlie glared at him. Her stepfather sighed and sat down.

“What do you want?” Lezlie asked, turning away. She could hear her stepfather shifting on the bed, but she didn’t look at him, she was too angry with him.

“Lezlie. Your mother and I were very worried when you didn’t come back,” Her stepfather started, “When we sent out searchers, no could find you-“

“Well maybe that’s because I left the island!” Lezlie interrupted, whirling around to face him, “I was sick and tired of living on an island where there weren’t many girls my age, and all the girls that were there, they were all either too young or too old,” Lezlie’s eyes began to glisten with tears as she looked at her stepfather.

“Why? Why did you keep me cooped up all these years? Why keep me away from the rest of the Hoenn Region? Why keep me away from kids my age?” Lezlie held her gaze on her stepfather, her anger slowly, very slowly, rising, “And why keep me away from Pokemon?”

Lezlie’s father didn’t answer those questions for a moment, both of them were silent. At last, Lezlie’s stepfather looked up at her, how much she’d changed. She looked healthier, she was dirty, sure. But there was something else that had changed, but what?

“Your mother and I kept you on the island because we thought it would do you good, you weren’t as strong as other children were back then,” Lezlie’s stepfather explained softly.

“So you didn’t think that after awhile I’d start to want more freedom?” Lezlie asked angrily, “And what about Pokemon? Why did you keep me away from them?”

“I will tell you more when we get home,” Her stepfather replied, he stood and walked towards the door.

“Tell me now,” Lezlie pleaded, “I want to know.”

“I told you I will tell you when we get home,” Her stepfather replied. He walked out and locked the door behind him. Lezlie burst into tears she leaned against the wall, letting her tears flow down. After a moment she walked over to the bed and laid down. She finally sat up, she felt the boat move. She couldn’t go back now. Even if there was a way for her to do so, she couldn’t. She’d get caught immediately.

“I don’t want to go home,” Lezlie whispered, she sent out all her Pokemon, they rushed over to her, confused by her tears.

“We’re going to the island, guys,” Lezlie explained. Charmander, Plusle and Minun looked at her in shock.

“We’ll find a way off it, don’t worry,” Lezlie said quickly, “We won’t be staying long, not long.”

Soon, Lezlie, Wurmple, Eevee, Charmander, Plusle, Minun and Pikachu fell asleep. The boat gently rocking against the waves lulled them to sleep.

The boat finally stopped hours later. Lezlie’s stepfather and another man softly walked into the room. They saw Lezlie and her Pokemon asleep on the bed.

“Should we wait ‘till they’re all awake?” The man asked.

“Yes, we’ll wait,” Lezlie’s stepfather replied.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Entei_3000 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Lezlie stirred slightly, she turned onto her side. She then slowly opened her eyes a few minutes later. For a moment, she didn’t know where she was. But then she remembered that she was being taken back home. Lezlie sighed. She wondered if her friends were wondering where she was.
Lezlie sat up, her Pokemon awoke to her movement. They all yawned and stretched sleepily. Lezlie smiled and hugged each one in turn, telling all of them that they wouldn’t be long. But no matter how hard she tried to make herself believe it. She had a bad feeling that things wouldn’t work out like she planned.

There was a soft knock on the door. Lezlie looked up and saw her stepfather standing in the doorway. Lezlie felt like screaming at him. But no words would come.

“Lezlie, time to go,” Her stepfather said quietly. Lezlie didn’t move for awhile. Then she returned her Pokemon, Still, she didn’t move.

“Lezlie, your mother is waiting.”

No movement.

“Lezlie!”

“What? I told you already, I don’t want to go home,” Lezlie snapped. Her stepfather walked up to her, his face looked angry.

“You are going home, young lady. Your mother has been worried sick,” Lezlie’s stepfather told her firmly, he took hold of her arm. Lezlie tried to pull back, but his grip was strong.

“I’m gonna guess you weren’t worried at all, huh?” Lezlie said, she looked up at her stepfather. She was surprised to see that his face a softened a little, so had his grip. He sighed and sat down beside her.

“Lezlie,” He started, he looked at her. Lezlie began to wonder if he really had been worried.

“I was just as worried as your mother, Lezlie. When you didn’t come back I sent our neighbor to look for you. But when our neighbor couldn’t find you, we sent out search parties. The next day your sister’s husband-the one who works for Devon-called us and said he’d seen you and a few other kids with you. Then we sent out search parties to explore the islands, we thought you’d be traveling since you were with other kids. And then when we heard you on the radio-“

“You heard that?” Lezlie asked. Her stepfather nodded, a small smile on his face.

“At first I couldn’t believe it was you, but when they announced your name. I felt like the proudest father ever,” Lezlie’s stepfather explained. Lezlie was quiet. How could her stepfather be proud? He hardly ever spoke to her, so why did he feel proud?

“Well, it’s time to go,” Lezlie’s stepfather said at last. He stood and offered his hand. Lezlie reluctantly took it and allowed herself to be led off the boat, she didn’t even notice that her mother embraced as soon as she stepped of the boat. Her mind was whirling, so many questions she wanted to ask.

Once she was inside the house her mother brought her up to her bed. Lezlie managed a smile and collapsed onto the bed, she later got up and looked at the clock. Nine thirty! Lezlie slowly got changed into her pajamas and released her Pokemon. The all were amazed by the bedroom. Lezlie smiled and walked out, she was accompanied by Plusle and Minun.

“Mom? Dad?” Lezlie asked quietly, stepping into the kitchen, Plusle and Minun on her shoulders.

“Yes dear?” Her mother replied.

“I have something to ask you both,” Lezlie started, she sat down on the sofa, “Actually,I have a few questions.”

“Fire away,” Her stepfather said.