Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 06-28-2004, 06:19 PM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise
Default New Idea-Trainers in the Gyms

I had the crazy idea while battling Marth, that the Gym Leaders should be able to pick like maybe 1-2 trainers to "train" in their gym. Meaning, they have the same rules as gym leaders, and all who wish to oppose gym leaders must go through the trainers that the Gym Leader allows to "train" in the gym. I like the idea of 1 trainer. And they could get a lower win salary. Since the gym leader gets 2000, the trainer could get 1500 for a win and 750 for a loss. And those who wish to oppose the Gym Leader must defeat the trainer(s) who train under that gym.

The gym trainers could choose 3 monsters of the gyms type to use in the gym. And ONLY 3, making him "effectively weaker than the leader in terms of strategy" (MLugia, PE2K Chat). Each win the Gym Trainer gets, the Gym Leader gets 500, the Gym Trainer gets 1500, and the challenger gets 750. The record of the Gym Trainer doesn't effect the GYm Leader's record, but it effects the Gym Record.

Last edited by Ironshell Blastoise; 06-28-2004 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:26 PM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth
Default Re: New Idea-Trainers in the Gyms

I agree with this idea. It makes it similar to the Game Boy.
Gym leaders CAN'T be gym trainers of other Gym Leaders.
Each Gym should have their own thread.
That's my suggestion.
Marth

P.S., If aproved, I choose Kholdstaire as my second.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:05 PM
Crossfire Chaos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via ICQ to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via AIM to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via MSN to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via Yahoo to Crossfire Chaos

I like this Idea ,but I think that the gym trainers should have at least one pokemon of the type to train in the gym.

Yeah, That's right, I'm calling you out WAR Teams. Your going down!
Old 06-28-2004, 07:09 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

I agree completely with this idea.

One of the greatest reasons to support this idea is to make the trainers challenging the gym prove themselves. For example, if a newbie trainer is in desperate need of cash, he'd go chall the leader and lose for 1000 in a case where he'd normally get 500 for. Having a Trainer in the gym would cut down on these unworthy trainers, while the Gym Leader gets money without having to waste their time :)

Besides, it's a cool idea anyways :)

Oh yeah, here's an idea, the trainer must own all of the pokemon he defends the gym with, so eg: I'm a normal trainer, and I defend say... Petalburg, then my team of UP to 3 pokemon must all be self owned, eg: Zangoose, Snorlax, Teddiursa?

Last edited by mlugia; 06-28-2004 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:17 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

I think this is a good idea. Fighting a Gym Leader shouldn't be free pass. You should have to earn the right to fight them. By beating their aprretice trainee dudes. *coughslavescough* GREAT IDEA!!

This suit is black not.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:14 PM
Magare Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Magare

Its not a bad idea... I would just change the last part. Gym apprentice battles should not count toward Gym records...
Old 06-28-2004, 08:50 PM
koolcurtis Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to koolcurtis Send a message via Yahoo to koolcurtis

I think this might be a bad idea. The apprentices might go missing and since you can't challenge the gym till u beat the apprentice, u'll be waiting awhile. Plus the real gym leader will not get many battles if you have the challengers have to beat someone else first. It's kinda like the elites, cause they don't have many battles either. Plus the apprentice would get most of the money and those easy wins for the gym leader are gone. If you guys accept this then I won't have an apprentice cause i'm hardly challenged as it is.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:55 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

hmm, what about making the having a Gym Trainee thing optional, so not every leader needs to have one?
Old 06-28-2004, 11:06 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San

I vote yes for such a good idea. Yep, this is the way it should be my friends ^^

"Fight for freedom. Fight for glory. Fight to win!"
I am back
Old 06-29-2004, 01:03 AM
Matt & Vulpix Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Matt & Vulpix Send a message via Yahoo to Matt & Vulpix

I like this idea.
And if ever the Gym Trainer goes missing, then the Gym Leader could have an Alternate or a back-up Gym Trainer.

And Curtis, I'd challenge the Elites if they were on more often :P XD I mean, you and Marth are on a bit, and Flareon hasnt even PICKED his Elite Pokemon, and there is a missing one. See a pattern here? :P
Old 06-29-2004, 01:57 AM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolcurtis
I think this might be a bad idea. The apprentices might go missing and since you can't challenge the gym till u beat the apprentice, u'll be waiting awhile. Plus the real gym leader will not get many battles if you have the challengers have to beat someone else first. It's kinda like the elites, cause they don't have many battles either. Plus the apprentice would get most of the money and those easy wins for the gym leader are gone. If you guys accept this then I won't have an apprentice cause i'm hardly challenged as it is.

But to battle the Elites, you must have badges.

And the Gym leaders could have the power to allow challengers to just battle them, in case their "apprentices" aren't around. And the easy wins shouldn't be there for the gym leader. The easy wins should go to the apprentice, because if they can't beat the apprentice, then they (the challenger) should go train some more. Plus, the Gym Leader gets money either way, because if the apprentice loses, well, the challenger is more than likely to challenge the Gym Leader next. And its not like you'd have to have an apprentice. Give other people the option, just because you don't like it. Its not mandatory =\ Or at least, I'm not trying to make it mandatory.

I disagree with Mana Lugia tho... I think the Apprentice should have Pokemon labeled "Gym Pokemon" just like the gym leader and be able to use those.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:40 AM
koolcurtis Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to koolcurtis Send a message via Yahoo to koolcurtis

But Gym leaders want the easy wins. That's what get them an easy 2000, the appretices will basically allow only the good one's through and they will probly beat the leader making him only get 1000 and losing the chance to earn the extra 2000 from poor trainers.

And what happens if the aprentice is better than the leader or the apprentice is too good and nobody gets through?
Old 06-29-2004, 03:14 AM
Matt & Vulpix Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Matt & Vulpix Send a message via Yahoo to Matt & Vulpix

Then the roles would be inversed if the aprentice is better then the Leader, by a deciding match.

They won't "Probably" beat the leader. How can you even say that?
Old 06-29-2004, 03:22 AM
~* Esper *~ Offline

I think basically it's a really good idea. It would give a chance for more people to be involved with the Gyms. It just needs to be thought out, and what not.
Old 06-29-2004, 03:28 AM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolcurtis
But Gym leaders want the easy wins. That's what get them an easy 2000, the appretices will basically allow only the good one's through and they will probly beat the leader making him only get 1000 and losing the chance to earn the extra 2000 from poor trainers.

And what happens if the aprentice is better than the leader or the apprentice is too good and nobody gets through?
hmm, if money was the actual issue, perhaps the Gym leader gets 1000 instead of 500 for every trainer the Trainee defeats? Getting 500-1000 doing nothing still beats having to fight through to get 2000 out of it, right? =/

but I dunno.