Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 06-28-2004, 04:08 PM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange
Default Cop outs...

Hello, On the old forum, I put up with this for a while, and I can take it no longer, as it iss happening here too. I would like a rule stating that:

"If two members have agreed on a Forum Battle, and the thread has been made, If you never show up within 2 weeks, or you just stop posting in the thread and it dies, the victory and money should go to the last person who posted, unless it is the Ref."

What do you guys think.

I don't like the fact that if a battle doesn't go your way, and you are losing, you can just walk away. This is aggrivating.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:12 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia
Default Re: Cop outs...

I agree, besides, refs won't get paid unless a battle concludes :-p
Old 06-29-2004, 01:08 PM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange

Yeah. Does anyone else agree?
Old 06-29-2004, 01:19 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San

I could agree on that if the battle has been dead for 2 weeks or over...if someone posted in it on the day 13 it it will continue. Because it could be unfair to the one who didn't post last and might have been winning or something. Anyway it is kindda fair for trainers and REFS

"Fight for freedom. Fight for glory. Fight to win!"
I am back
Old 06-29-2004, 05:24 PM
flareon008 Offline

Send a message via AIM to flareon008 Send a message via Yahoo to flareon008

Approved.

I agree with the statement.

Doing everything with a flare.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:38 PM
Crossfire Chaos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via ICQ to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via AIM to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via MSN to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via Yahoo to Crossfire Chaos

What about when REFS are too lazy it gives them easy money without doing anything! And what about the battles that weren't refed at all?

Yeah, That's right, I'm calling you out WAR Teams. Your going down!
Old 06-29-2004, 11:51 PM
koolcurtis Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to koolcurtis Send a message via Yahoo to koolcurtis

well, if your gonna do it then fine, but i just checked and dark pikachu collected money from a battle in which the opponent didn't even respond in with a post. I could easily make a thread and say that i'm battling shroomish, even though she doesn't know it. She might never see the thread and after 2 weeks, I can claim myself the winner. Is that right. I say that both need to post in the thread first to recieve payment for the unfinished battle. I have hardly ever checked the forum battles and someone could say that they were battling me and i would get a lose for not posting in a thread that i never knew existed.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:10 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

I agree with Dark Pikachu. It's been a long time since I've had a forum battle but I know how it feels to have someone just abandon the battle.

Curtis, you may be conerned that a battle may be made without one of the URPG participants knowing about the battle's existantance, and this can pose a problem that people may create fake battles to earn money.

So, maybe this rule can be applied to battles that have at least been reffed once. If both battlers have posted at least once and it has been reffed, then after that this rule should come into play. Say if Trainer A is battling Trainer B. A posts an attack, and so does B, and the outcome of the battle is reffed. Then, A posts but B doen't post for two weeks, then A should be declared the winner. Still, I would only use this rule if one trainer has been waiting for the other to post beyond two weeks.

Last edited by Neo Emolga; 06-30-2004 at 01:15 AM.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:16 AM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

I feel that Curtis's concern regarding the loophole in cheating is very valid, and that the proposal by NP is very much logical. Although, it's not just reffed once, and not that only one of the 2 battlers had to have posted an attack AFTER the last time the ref made a judgment, I think that the same battler who had posted should post AGAIN after 2 weeks to claim the money. If they forget about the battle... too bad? Bah, I'm confusing myself.

Last edited by mlugia; 06-30-2004 at 01:19 AM.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:40 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

uh, what's with the title...
...anyway, glad this is being brought up now. so here's my thoughts.

the battle has to be going on long enough for an outcome to be reached. if its a 3v3 and only three rounds have been taking, no Pokemon fainted,,, obviously no one knows who the winner would be. people are rewarded the money if the outcome can easily be seen and/or there is a fact that the battler is running. this is just like a battle online and one opponent leaves suddenly (say for internet reasons). it is that moment when the ref can save (continue later), stop (battle stops dead), or call (declare winner/loser).
point number two. A battles B, B doesn't reply. A has to make more than one attempt to contact B about the battle. If A doesn't even try, then they shouldn't be awarded anything.
point number three. A does attempt to contact, still getting nothing. the battle has also been going on for a while. time's up. at this time, A contacts a moderator and must get approval about the forum battle to declare an outcome. the mod will decide if the battle is legal for this action and declare the outcome of the match. the mod will also send a message to B w/ the outcome and a link to the battle.

so basically, you need Mod approval to overturn the battle results. hopefully, with the new forum rules (soon to be updated) this won't be a problem.

~Jack~

-| Links |-