Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:58 AM
VladMastersWife Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to VladMastersWife Send a message via Yahoo to VladMastersWife
Default Pokemon Live Action

Okay, I was on my home at the Danny Phantom forum, and there was a discusion of a live action Pokemon series. Some said it was not a success, much like the Sailor Moon live action. My pokemon obsessed little sister said I should ask here. . .so, anyone know where I can look into this? Thanks for any help,

~Vlad Master's Wife

btw, I'm not on her account since she says this is a stupid question. That's what happens when a Danny Phantom fanatic crosses over to the pokemon side. . . XD
Old 11-13-2006, 04:04 AM
ZadokRox Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Pokemon Live Action

I haven't heard a peep about a live-action Pokemon TV show (about the closest thing to a live-action Pokemon show was some Pokemon ice skating show a few years ago with characters from the anime).

I would be interested in seeing a live-action Pokemon movie, though...
Old 11-13-2006, 06:25 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

There was a live action show that toured the US back in 2000. You can find out all about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Live%21
Old 11-13-2006, 11:33 AM
mistdragon Offline
Elite Trainer

Wow... I didn't know anything about a 'Live Action'... Thanks for the information Sarah!

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2006, 12:25 PM
Missingno mystery Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

If it interests anyone, the 2nd movie has a preview of the show on it. I remember seeing the commercial and thinking "What in the world have they done! This'll for sure destroy Pokemon."
I'd like to ask though, it said in the commercial, that a never before seen Pokemon would be shown, any one know what it was???
Old 11-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Nasty Plasty Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Nasty Plasty Send a message via MSN to Nasty Plasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno mystery View Post
If it interests anyone, the 2nd movie has a preview of the show on it. I remember seeing the commercial and thinking "What in the world have they done! This'll for sure destroy Pokemon."
I'd like to ask though, it said in the commercial, that a never before seen Pokemon would be shown, any one know what it was???
Dude, that was for Pokemon the third movie...*yawn*

Anyway, what kind of person in their mind would dress-up as Pokemon and want to play their role. If I had that for a living, I'd be Pikachu so I can get close enough to kick Ash squore in the nuts.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:41 PM
ZadokRox Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno mystery View Post
I do know that the commercial mentioned a Mecha-Mewtwo, but I don't know if that's the one they meant or not. I think the Live Action show ran before the release of Gold/Silver, so it might of been a Johto Pokemon.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:40 PM
VladMastersWife Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to VladMastersWife Send a message via Yahoo to VladMastersWife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
There was a live action show that toured the US back in 2000. You can find out all about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Live%21
Wow, so it wasn't a bunch of lies. Hmm, something I knew about Pokemon that my sister didn't. Now I have reasons to think the world IS coming to an end! Thanks for your help, y'all,

~Vlad Masters' Wife
Old 11-14-2006, 07:48 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Yes, there was a Pokemon Live a long time ago.

As for a movie or something like that, it's highly doubtful. Movies off of video games tend to do quite poorly...

And with Pokemon, very good, very realistic and very kickass 3D models that could fool people into thinking they were real would be needed. And there is no way you could have people dress up as Pokemon and even think about it being successful.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but it would be very difficult to do.