Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:17 AM
mistdragon Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: One Hit Wonder

Basically, there are a few different kind of teams.

1. Solo-Pokemon
You basically train only one Pokemon. The rest are for HMs and such. This team works well in the earlier part, but sucks later when you are facing the Elite Four.

2. Duo/Trio/Quad Teams
Either having 2, 3 or 4 Pokemon for attacking. The rest are for HM moves. People with this team usually switches into Full-Fledged teams at the end of the game.

3. Full-Fledged Team
Having an extremely balanced party of 5 or 6 Pokemon, enabling you to enter and win battles almost anytime. This is usually seen in people who played Pokemon for like, 100hours.

There are other teams, but they are basically more for the Emerald games. Such as Contest Team and Frontier Teams.

Thanks!
Old 11-20-2006, 05:16 PM
silent pokemon master Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to silent pokemon master

wow i never knew lol enyways i have a fullflegded team but i hav'nt played for 100 hours

I'm alway's ready for a battle.I'm also the proud owner of a fire gym in the Mowtown Cup
Old 11-25-2006, 03:44 PM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II
Red face Re: One Hit Wonder

I'll say fiftty hours to get one of your pokemon on level 100.

~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:49 PM
Elmo's Heaven!! Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Elmo's Heaven!! Send a message via MSN to Elmo's Heaven!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory View Post
I'll say fiftty hours to get one of your pokemon on level 100.
Dude, you must be high on something, unless you train like crazy or something... or get high and then train...
Old 11-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Nicyboy Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to Nicyboy

I ALWAYS have full-fledged teams. I just can't get my self to have anything less than six.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:42 AM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman

I beat leaf green I 25 hours with full fleged team all at 80. thats elite four round two

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Old 12-02-2006, 06:04 PM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II
Unhappy Re: One Hit Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo's World!! View Post
Dude, you must be high on something, unless you train like crazy or something... or get high and then train...
Huh, what are you talking about?

~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:22 PM
Ketchup Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Ketchup Send a message via MSN to Ketchup Send a message via Yahoo to Ketchup

In FireRed/LeafGreen, my parties were normally the same until the Elite Four. It consists of the Starter, which is the most powerful, followed by a Primeape, a Beedrill, then a Gyrados. My FR starter was Charizard and my LG starter was Blastoise.

My Emerald Team was much better than the basic first Bug, then first fighting type. I started with Mudkip which evolved into Swampert. Then I trained an Abra into an Alakazam(Traded, then traded back, of course). My third Pokemon was a Claydol. The others, I can't remember. All three are at Level 50 for Battle Frontier challenges.

It sucked when I prepared an almost All-fire Team to challenge 'Steven' for my first clearing of the Elite Four. I almost cried when Steven wasn't in that final room. Instead: Wallace.

My Ruby Team, I loved that Team. I trained my Sceptile to Level 100, then my Groudon to Level 100, as well. My Rayquaza is around Level 83, I believe. I never finished training him. Ultimately, those three are in a Box in FireRed.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:54 AM
Bulbachu Offline
Elite Trainer

warning: high bragging up ahead

i did that to my typhlosion in silver, my first pokemon ever... i loved that thing. by the time we got to the last gym, he was lv. 100 and KOed every single pokemon the leader had! same with the elite four, and i went there to train, and to hatch eevee eggs of course. i had the strangest team ever. typlhosion, egg, egg, egg, egg, eevee. y'know, i wanted to get an umbreon.

i challenged my friend to a 1 on 1 battle with her lv. 50 feraligator and my typhlosion... i beat that scaley aligator so fast, it was like... BOOM! battle over.

oh yea, nidoking, scizor, entei... had 'em all... unfortunately, lil' typhlo got pokerus, so it died and turned into a lv. 0 sentret.

ok, i'll stop for the internet's sake. ^_^

avatar by Pnoiboi, userbars by Bulbachu [me]
Diamond Friend code: 4381 8527 3104

-Club Starter- PM zane or pnoiboi to join club starter! - join you must.-