Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 10-26-2006, 02:40 PM
mistdragon Offline
Elite Trainer

Default A bit of help here...

All rights, I have thrashed the Elite Four more than 100 times, obtained quite a number of Pokemon in my Pokedex and now, I need some help...

I heard that one of the Legendary dogs/cats/mutants appear after you defeat the Elite Four. I have roamed the grounds a million times and well, have not met them... do they appear in the Sevii Islands too? Also... I have lost my Masterball(to Mewtwo) and now I am worried if I do face it, how do I catch it properly...

Need some advice and tips here please...

Thanks!
Old 10-26-2006, 02:50 PM
DratiniLover Offline

Smile Re: A bit of help here...

Well first, it wasn't sensible to waste your master ball on Mewtwo, so you are going to have to stock up on loads of pokeballs. I don't know wether or not the 3 legendary dogs appear in the Sevii islands, but I've never actually caught or seen any of the legendary dogs in my Pokemon Leaf Green before. So I can't really help you on the Sevii islands part, sorry!

~Poketrainer Chez
Old 10-26-2006, 03:13 PM
SpazzedOutRayquaza Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to SpazzedOutRayquaza
Default Re: A bit of help here...

You cannot find the legendary dogs on the Sevii islands. They only appear if you have +60 pokemon on your pokedex.
Even then, they're nearly impossible to find. I got my Suicune by letting a 5-year-old play my game. He comes up to me and says: "Philip, is this the Suicune you were talking about?" I was incredulous.
A good way to catch them is to bring out Wobbuffet. It's ability, Shadow Tag, prevents escape. And it can use Mirror Coat to bring your Cat/Dog/Mutant down to low health. After that, start chucking Ultra Balls at it.
Another piece of advice: If you encounter it, run away and save your game. That way, it will still be on your pokedex, just in case you accidentally faint it. If you do, shut off your game.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:17 PM
Rohypnol Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rohypnol

No they don't appear in the Sevii Islands. I caught my Mewtwo with a Timer Ball Use Wobbufet and make sure that you lower its HP BUT DON'T faint it. If you do faint it......start looking for the dag again. Here is a nifty tactic that someone on this forum showed me: Go to the route to the east of Vermilion (I think its 19) Go towards the building and search. After 4 pokemon and no Dog, go in the building and come back out. Search and after the next four if there is no Dog then keep repeating. I caught the Dog on about my 13th try coming out of the building.

DoIPutNameHere: cradily, bad game really f***** up w/o storm drain, horrible playing, i give you a 0/10, please try harder next time
Old 10-26-2006, 04:19 PM
mistdragon Offline
Elite Trainer

Wow... thanks for all your help. I know I am stupid to waste a Masterball on Mewtwo, but c'mon, everyone has a period of time when they were n00b right? Lol~

Thanks!
Old 10-26-2006, 05:21 PM
Rohypnol Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistdragon View Post
Wow... thanks for all your help. I know I am stupid to waste a Masterball on Mewtwo, but c'mon, everyone has a period of time when they were n00b right? Lol~
Well I guess you are going through that period.XDD

DoIPutNameHere: cradily, bad game really f***** up w/o storm drain, horrible playing, i give you a 0/10, please try harder next time
Old 10-26-2006, 05:29 PM
Envoy of Chaos Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrptr101 View Post
No they don't appear in the Sevii Islands. I caught my Mewtwo with a Timer Ball Use Wobbufet and make sure that you lower its HP BUT DON'T faint it. If you do faint it......start looking for the dag again. Here is a nifty tactic that someone on this forum showed me: Go to the route to the east of Vermilion (I think its 19) Go towards the building and search. After 4 pokemon and no Dog, go in the building and come back out. Search and after the next four if there is no Dog then keep repeating. I caught the Dog on about my 13th try coming out of the building.

The tactic is to walk into diglett tunnel/cave, get a poke under lv 50 at the front of your team, use a repel and step outside into the grass and walk around until your repel runs out, then go back into the tunnel and repeat the process until you see your legendary dog. I caught my Entei like this in leaf green.

Play Paintball? Live in Wisconsin or Minnesota? Come play at Combat Paintball.

Envoy's Breeding and Ditto Supply Center
Envoy
FC: 386646322203
Old 10-26-2006, 05:56 PM
Rohypnol Offline

Thats another way but I get really discouraged when I use repel because nothing comes up. But without it..it's a little more exciting. But I see your point.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:46 PM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazzedOutRayquaza View Post
You cannot find the legendary dogs on the Sevii islands. They only appear if you have +60 pokemon on your pokedex.
Even then, they're nearly impossible to find. I got my Suicune by letting a 5-year-old play my game. He comes up to me and says: "Philip, is this the Suicune you were talking about?" I was incredulous.
A good way to catch them is to bring out Wobbuffet. It's ability, Shadow Tag, prevents escape. And it can use Mirror Coat to bring your Cat/Dog/Mutant down to low health. After that, start chucking Ultra Balls at it.
Another piece of advice: If you encounter it, run away and save your game. That way, it will still be on your pokedex, just in case you accidentally faint it. If you do, shut off your game.
To my knowledge, wobbuffet is a bad choice because the brutes can just use roar to counter its shadow tag ability?
Old 10-27-2006, 02:53 AM
Vegeta rules Offline
Experienced Trainer

Man I am really lucky I always find the dog on my first try when I am looking for it.Like my suicine or the latios on emerald.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:42 AM
mistdragon Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Umbreon View Post
To my knowledge, wobbuffet is a bad choice because the brutes can just use roar to counter its shadow tag ability?
Roar can counter Shadow Tag??? But but... darn then I will never be able to catch one unless I get a Masterball from my Emerald.

Thanks!
Old 10-27-2006, 04:59 AM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistdragon View Post
Roar can counter Shadow Tag??? But but... darn then I will never be able to catch one unless I get a Masterball from my Emerald.
I don't know for sure because it has never happened to me, ( i have a personal grudge against wobbufet), but I heard this knews from someone on this forum. I guess a suicune used roar on their wobbuffet and disappeared from the game.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Rohypnol Offline

Well If your dog is suicune, then YOU ARE OK! Suicune doesn't know Roar.

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/pokedex.php?id=245&view=all Here is a lik=nk and you can see that it doesn't learn Roar. You WILL see roar on the move list but when you go to check the level, it will say ----. My dog was suicune and I used that Master ball so........

Old 10-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Fire Bird Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazzedOutRayquaza View Post
You got to be kidding me!
Well I got my Legendary Dog in less than 15 Minutes!
I went to the area east of Vermillion City, to the cycling house!
Looked around the grass area and If I did not find them then I would go into the Cycling house and comeback out and try again! Oh and uh bring Repels! I did this and took me less than 15 minutes!
Old 10-27-2006, 10:19 PM
TehD00de Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Bird View Post
You got to be kidding me!
Well I got my Legendary Dog in less than 15 Minutes!
I went to the area east of Vermillion City, to the cycling house!
Looked around the grass area and If I did not find them then I would go into the Cycling house and comeback out and try again! Oh and uh bring Repels! I did this and took me less than 15 minutes!
Lucky *insert friendly slug comment* ... lol
in GSC you can catch all of them but only one Master Ball y'know... dang Entei took me the longest