Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 01:31 AM
arcy Offline

Default Please make movesets for these pokemon

So.... is this a good moves for Teams in HG? Please make new moves for them.

I will need the Major HM's in there. (except Rock Smash/Flash in there, so Surf, Strength, Rock Climb, Fly, etc.)

I need moves for
Charizard (Needs fly)
Sceptile (Needs False Swipe)
Arcanine
Dragonite (Needs Electric Move a Dragon Attack, Surf and and Ice Move)
Blaziken
Swampert
Blastoise
Venusaur
Feraligatr
Meganium
Salamence
Typhlosion
Tyranitar
Garchomp
Gible
Kingdra
Metagross
Gyarados
Houndoom
Jolteon

Gen:5

All 3 Gen 5 Starters (fully evolved)

I'd like for in game and competitive battling.

My HG in game team will most likely be:

Arcanine
Charizard
Fealigatr
Sceptile
Dragonite
Jolteon or HMSlave

Thanks!

You don't have to create a new moveset. If you have any of these you could tell me their moveset.

Thanks again.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:48 PM
Swampert Guy Offline

Default Re: Please make movesets for these pokemon

You're asking for too many Pokemons, boy...
Old 11-27-2011, 06:08 PM
most duded Offline

i agree

Old 11-28-2011, 12:56 AM
Swampert Guy Offline

I'll rate Swampert.

Moveset:
-Surf/Muddy Water
-Ice Beam/Blizzard
-Earthquake
-Protect/Attract

Nature: Lonely (+ATK, -DEF) or Mild (+S.ATK, -DEF) or Gentle (+S.DEF, -DEF)

EVs: 252 HP, 132 Attack, 126 Special Defense

Item: Leftovers

One of the best bulky water ever created was Swampert. If you can't/don't have one, you could catch a Wooper or Barboach and evolve them into Quagsire and Whiscash, respectivelly, but it's not the same of having a Swampert in team. Swampert is water and ground type, the only move type that damages it effectivelly is grass and it's four times the normal damage, so you should think twice before putting Swampert out to find against a grass type Pokémon. Let's take a look at his base stats:

Base Stats:
HP: 100
Attack: 110
Defense: 90
Speed: 60
Special Attack: 85
Special Defense: 90

It seems our Swampert isn't fast on attacking, so most of the times he'll attacks after foe. Generally, people prefer natures that lower the Speed, but I personelly think that lowering Defense is better once that Swampert has no physical weakness. His only problem are the grass type Pokemons, and being 4 times weak to grass seems enough for a weak point. The natures I suggest are Lonely, Mild or Gentle. Swampert is great on HP and Attack, good on Special Defense, Special Attack and Defense, and cheap on Speed. In my moveset HP, Attack and Special Defense were prioritized, as you can notice in the EV points I suggest you to collect, as well as in the moveset I built for it, which shall to be used along.

Building this set of moves aren't that hard.

Surf is HM03
Muddy Watter is learned at Lv39.
Ice Beam is the TM13.
Blizzard is the TM14.
Earthquake is learned at Lv46, but you could waste the TM26 on it.
Protect is learned very early, at Lv17.
Attract is the TM45.

This is good, we don't need to run around very much looking for any move-tutors once Swampert can easily learn of my suggested moves by TMs or Level Moves. No Egg Moves. Some people say that Hydro Pump should be included, but that's only for Mudkip and it's up to you decide to level it up to Level 42, consequently you get Muddy Water afterwards only with the help of Move Maniac in Fallabor Town, which costs 1 Heart Scale. You don't need both Muddy Water and Hydro Pump, but in case you want to teach it over Hydro Pump, that will be the only available way.

Now, how to use Swampert?

As a bulky water, his moveset was built to make him a special sweeper although 25% of the EVs were directed to Attack and not to both Attack and Special Attack. Swampert got two STAB moves, Surf and Earthquake, which have to be used all the times, except when Ice Beam causes super effective damage or if foe is grass type. The fourth move of the moveset is a defensive move, I think it's good to have one, you can teach another move if you prefer by your own way.

Some notes:

*Surf of Muddy Water? Surf fail less times than Muddy Water, but it doesn't have any effect like Muddy Water, which is 30% chances of lowering foe's Accuracy in one level;

*Ice Beam is a lot more accurate than Blizzard, but doesn't cause all that freezing;

*Protect or Attract? If your Swampert is female, teach Attract. If not, teach Protect. The good of Protect is that it will give a free turn for Leftovers to recover your HP. there are many moves you can teach instead Protect or Attract: Brick Break, Swords Dance, Endeavor, etc.

*Fighting against grass type Pokémons is about to you decide. A simple Giga Drain can take it down.
Closed Thread