Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Other Pokemon Games

Other Pokemon Games Discuss all Pokemon spin-off games here, including Pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, Colosseum, XD, Stadium, Snap, Super Smash Bros., Hey You Pikachu!, Battle Revolution and PokePark Wii.

Old 06-10-2004, 01:04 PM
MaclimesZero Offline
New Trainer

Default Several Colloseum Questions

1. Is there breeding in Colloseum? Like, does a second person appear at the Daycare when you beat it or something?

2. If not, that leads right into my second question, why are there 3 boxes on the PC? Even if you catch every pokemon in the game, that's still not enough to fill TWO boxes. And trading doesn't add any, just swaps them, so you still have, at max, 49 pokemon. I GUESS you could say something about Shedinja... but that seems like the only thing I can come up with. Is there something I'm not considering?

3. Is it always daytime in Colloseum? In other words, if I trade an Evee from FR/LG, or a Wurmple from R/S, when they evolve, will they always evolve into the daytime version? (Espeon and Silcoon)

4. How many rounds do you have to be in battle for the Timer Ball to be useful? I haven't been able to find numbers on it anywhere, but it seems to be pretty much useless to me, anyway. I've been in ridiculously long battles (like Nascour) and still had practically no luck with it.

5. Similarly, how big of a level difference do you need for the Nest Ball to be useful? 5 levels? 10 levels? 50 levels? I'm mostly wondering because Nasour and his boss will soon be wormfood (they got me once, and will not do so again). So I know there's some level 30's and a level 20 out there to catch.

6. This is more a statement, and seeking confirmation. I normally ignore it when people say things like "Pokeballs work better if you rock the controller" or whatever, but I can't help but notice that jamming on the "A" button like a madman seems to make my pokeballs more effective. Am I right, or is it just coincidence? If it's a coincidence, I'd like to stop damaging my thumb.

7. I read that all the pokemon in the 100-trainer KO in Colloseum Mode are at level 100. Is this true? (I suppose I could answer this one myself by trying it, but I won't be anywhere near my GC for a while, and am curious).

8. After you catch all the pokemon, does that underfoot girl with the creepy eyes stop following you around?

Whew, I think that's all of them. Thanks in advance for helping me out. I had a few more, but got those answered in the FAQ.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:26 PM
Cipher Admin Miror B. Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: Several Colloseum Questions

1. No there is not breeding on Colosseum, if you need to breed one of your Pokemon from Colosseum, you have to trade it to Ru/Sa, breed it there and trade it/them back.

2. 3 Boxes? I do not know, I guess asking why there are only 3 boxes is like asking how many licks to the center of a tootsie-pop...

3. As far as I know, there is no natural change of time or weather in Colosseum.

4. Every 10 turns the Timer Ball becomes more powerful.

5. ???

6. That's crazy.. but if you think it helps then do it..

7. Ya got the wrong guy.

8. Hmm, in Pokemon Yellow version does Pikachu stop following you when you beat the game?! I don't know I guess you're a chick magnet..

Old 06-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Steven

Yeah the time changes. The Gamecube has a clock just like ruby and sapphire. You don't see the day/night changes, but it still happens.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:09 AM
Cipher Admin Miror B. Offline
New Trainer

That's what I meant Steven, although the GCN does have a clock, that still doesn't turn day to night on the game.

Old 06-11-2004, 08:17 PM
MaclimesZero Offline
New Trainer

What I'm asking Steven, is will this affect Pokemon in game? I'm fully aware that there is an internal clock on my GC. I'm just wondering if it is possible to evolve night-only creatures, like Umbreon, from within Colloseum. In other words: Does COLLOSEUM (not the GC) track time of day?
Old 06-12-2004, 09:41 AM
White Shadow Offline
Amateur Trainer

I'm pretty sure it does, cos if I remember right, my Umbreon used Moonlight at around 10ish in the day and it barely healed it. Also I'm 90% sure my Meganium got like full health back when it used Synthesis in the morning. So if it works for time based moves then I don't see why it wouldn't for time based evoloutions.

Right now I'm wondering if happiness exists in Colosseum...I've used 90+ Vivid Incents, 10 Calciums and around 5 Lemonades on my Pichu that I traded over cos I'm like 1/10 thru my restarted game on Sapp so I don't have the stuffs to evolve it right now which is what I want to do...It's Lv 11 and refuses to evolve. I guess I could just be being impatient, I remember my Espeon, Umbreon and Raichu on Gold took ages, and Return and Frustration are in Colosseum so I guess there's no reason for happiness to be nonexistant. Meh. Happiness resets if you trade over, don't it? *not a happeh Shadow. nope.*

Edit: Meh, I tried a little more then gave up and decided to use the Lv26 Pikachu I got from my friend. Sure it'll lose a little stuffs but I don't care, I'm too lazy. The Macho Brace'll be almost perma-attatched to it. :P

Last edited by White Shadow; 06-12-2004 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:11 AM
Kan Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Kan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaclimesZero
1. Is there breeding in Colloseum? Like, does a second person appear at the Daycare when you beat it or something?
There is a Daycare in Agate Town, but you can only store 1 Pokemon in it. Great way to cure Shadows, tho.

Quote:
2. If not, that leads right into my second question, why are there 3 boxes on the PC? Even if you catch every pokemon in the game, that's still not enough to fill TWO boxes. And trading doesn't add any, just swaps them, so you still have, at max, 49 pokemon. I GUESS you could say something about Shedinja... but that seems like the only thing I can come up with. Is there something I'm not considering?
Nope. They just added 3 boxes so you could keep things organized, not necessarily full.

Quote:
3. Is it always daytime in Colloseum? In other words, if I trade an Evee from FR/LG, or a Wurmple from R/S, when they evolve, will they always evolve into the daytime version? (Espeon and Silcoon)
No, it just appears so. As everyone else has stated, it has an internal clock. And Wurmple evolves randomly, by the way.

[quote[4. How many rounds do you have to be in battle for the Timer Ball to be useful? I haven't been able to find numbers on it anywhere, but it seems to be pretty much useless to me, anyway. I've been in ridiculously long battles (like Nascour) and still had practically no luck with it.[/quote]

Every 10 turns, as previously stated. Also, the max is 40+ rounds, making it better than the Ultra Ball by that point.

Quote:
5. Similarly, how big of a level difference do you need for the Nest Ball to be useful? 5 levels? 10 levels? 50 levels? I'm mostly wondering because Nasour and his boss will soon be wormfood (they got me once, and will not do so again). So I know there's some level 30's and a level 20 out there to catch.
It's a pretty high level count...around 20 levels difference is when it really starts to have an effect. I think it works like the Timer Ball, but with levels, i.e. every 10 levels of difference raises the effectiveness.

Quote:
6. This is more a statement, and seeking confirmation. I normally ignore it when people say things like "Pokeballs work better if you rock the controller" or whatever, but I can't help but notice that jamming on the "A" button like a madman seems to make my pokeballs more effective. Am I right, or is it just coincidence? If it's a coincidence, I'd like to stop damaging my thumb.
Save your thumb, it doesn't help any way but mentally.

Quote:
7. I read that all the pokemon in the 100-trainer KO in Colloseum Mode are at level 100. Is this true? (I suppose I could answer this one myself by trying it, but I won't be anywhere near my GC for a while, and am curious).
Yup, but most of them suck. I whipped through it with over a hundred continues left.

Quote:
. After you catch all the pokemon, does that underfoot girl with the creepy eyes stop following you around?
No, and yes, she does have badly animated creepy eyes. *shudders*

Quote:
Whew, I think that's all of them. Thanks in advance for helping me out. I had a few more, but got those answered in the FAQ.
No prob.
Old 07-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

1. No

2. For Umbreon, Plusle, Espeon, Ho-Oh, and Possibly Shedinja.

3. Always Day, never night. And Wurmple evolves at ranodm too.

4. 100. It Gains 10% accuracy every 10 rounds.

5. Unsure.

6. Hehe. I do that all the time. Once I held A, B, R, L, Z, Y, X, and Down and caught Suicune. But I think its natural that gamers think if they press a button there's more of a chance. The catching formula is somewhere around here on PE2K, try checking out the RS boards.

7. Mt Battle? If one or more of your Pokemon are at Lv. 100 all the Pokemon are at Level 100, though 50 is the minimum level pokemon will be at if you have anything lower that 50.

8. Nope. I like her though.