Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 10-05-2006, 05:37 PM
flames_of_aries Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to flames_of_aries Send a message via MSN to flames_of_aries Send a message via Yahoo to flames_of_aries Send a message via Skype™ to flames_of_aries
Default Re: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl: Record Sales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000 View Post
To quote myself from http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/even...hedecade4.html :

"I asked Seth, the Product Localization Coordinator for Nintendo of America, how long it usually takes to translate a Pokemon game. He said about six weeks. But in total, it takes about four months to complete the finished product."

Obviously he couldn't reveal too much about Diamond/Pearl at the time I met him, but he did say that they were working on Diamond/Pearl at the time (this was back in August). Four months later would be December. But even when the game is complete, it doesn't mean it will be released immediately. It takes time to get the product out to stores and stuff like that. The Wii is complete today as we speak, it doesn't mean it's in stores right now.

Oh by the way, the "rumor" release date is obviously not true. In fact, Gamespot has corrected their article to be more clear: "Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl launched today, and again Tokyo saw fans lining up in scenes reminiscent of the Final Fantasy III DS launch last month. (Final Fantasy III will hit the US in mid-November.)" It's Final Fantasy III that will hit the US in mid-November. For those that missed it, they said "The games will hit the US in mid-November," it's now corrected to be more clear and say Final Fantasy III.

I was given a list of release dates from Nintendo, as I list here: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=21025 . The Spring 2007 release date is listed for Diamond/Pearl. I got this list back in August, dates might change, but this is the most official thing I got, and that's what I'll go with until I find out otherwise.
It is possible that they have been working on D/P earlier than that. You met him when they were working on it, so who's to know when they actually started working on it. It could have started at the beginning of summer... and they're just keeping it on the down low. (Because we Americans are crazy! @_@) I assumed the Nov. date was just a mistaken rumor and preferred the Spring 2007 date anyway. I wonder which version sold more: Diamond or Pearl? PokemonElite2000, do you know? O.o ... (I think Diamond, but it's a guess.)

Bunny of Doom!
Click here to go to safety.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Missingno mystery Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_of_aries View Post
It is possible that they have been working on D/P earlier than that. You met him when they were working on it, so who's to know when they actually started working on it. It could have started at the beginning of summer... and they're just keeping it on the down low. (Because we Americans are crazy! @_@) I assumed the Nov. date was just a mistaken rumor and preferred the Spring 2007 date anyway. I wonder which version sold more: Diamond or Pearl? PokemonElite2000, do you know? O.o ... (I think Diamond, but it's a guess.)
According to Pokemon Zeo, it was Diamond. After looking at Serebii I am thinking more about Diamond as well, even though I kinda like that new cat a bit better than the skunk.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:24 PM
flames_of_aries Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to flames_of_aries Send a message via MSN to flames_of_aries Send a message via Yahoo to flames_of_aries Send a message via Skype™ to flames_of_aries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno mystery View Post
According to Pokemon Zeo, it was Diamond. After looking at Serebii I am thinking more about Diamond as well, even though I kinda like that new cat a bit better than the skunk.
You like the cat? When it evolves it turns into a fatcat! (It looks so fuuny too) I like the skunk, myself, and was freaking out when I saw it. XD Even though the evo looks like a fatcat too ... I though Diamond would sell more than Pearl, maybe because of the Legendary or Mime Jr/Bonsly thing... whatever. :P Did anyone catch that this on serebii.net that says that Aruseus is an event only Pokemon. That sucks for me because I live in Alabama ... and events in Alabama do not exist ... -.- ... Anyway, serebii.net states that there are special plates (16 in all) that you can get in D/P that can make Aruseus change types (e.i. Rock Plate turns Aruseus into a rock type). They have pics, too. :) Later! :D

Bunny of Doom!
Old 10-07-2006, 08:55 PM
xXNintendoXx Offline
Amateur Trainer

As expected. Well actually, to me, I thought it wouldn't even sell that much! Good job Nintendo! I am so excited for Diamond and Pearl! Can't wait to play it!

The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed. - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Old 10-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Ture pokemon master Offline
Elite Trainer

Dam it sold that much so ealier that must meant it a great, but i know it would be good
Old 10-11-2006, 12:20 AM
Lucary Offline
New Trainer

I have something to ask, i know it is late to ask. what was the record of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald?
Old 10-11-2006, 08:36 AM
Pioggia Eterna Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno mystery View Post
oooh oooh, does that mean the cat is a pearl poke? and diamond sold more -- surprise surprise
Old 10-11-2006, 04:42 PM
flames_of_aries Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioggia Eterna View Post
oooh oooh, does that mean the cat is a pearl poke? and diamond sold more -- surprise surprise
Yeah. The cat with long spiral tail is exclusive to Pearl. The skunk-like Pokemon is exclusive to Diamond. :) I can't wait! I tried to get myself a Red Mystery Dungeon, but the Wal*Mart I went to was sold out. :'( They didn't even have Blue on the shelves! Don't worry, there are about four more Wal*Marts around me, so I'll have it by the end of the day. :)

Bunny of Doom!