Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 11:30 PM
Mechaflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to Mechaflame
Default Grovyle is one weird Pogeyman!

Anyway, I noticed that Grovyle likes to change its looks. In the game sprite its leaves are a bluish tinge but in the sugimori art and anime, they are dark green. And if you look at the anime Grovyle in comparision to the sprite and art, its head is A LOT smaller in proportion to the body and it looks bigger in general.

I understand that the character designs of Pokemon tend to change over the years, like Pikachu slimming down and getting a more child-shaped face and Nidoking becoming VERY warped looking in the anime; but those guys have been around for a long time, and Grovyle is a newcomer. He has little excuse to be changed so much.

On a similar topic, anyone notice that the Sugimori Bellossom is dark blue but everywhere else it's spring green? Any other Pokemon whose appearances change noticably?

The original starters should get more respeck, don't y'think!
Latest Signature

Old 06-08-2004, 11:44 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Grovyle is one weird Pogeyman!

I haven't noticed that, but I have seen Pikachu often slim down. I guess it's pretty hard for an animator to draw the EXACT same Pikachu or Grovyle again and again. Considering how it's pretty tough to animate, I can't blame them.

Second, honestly I like the light green colored Bellossom a WHOLE lot more than the dark blue one. It just seems more... natural I guess...

Old 06-08-2004, 11:46 PM
Hoenn Mirror Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl

The thought of Grovyle changing never occured to me either.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:46 PM
Mechaflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to Mechaflame

I agree with you, Neo Pikachu. Plus, I thought Forretress would be colored differently. Because on the cards, he doesn't look as "colorful" has he does on the anime. I just think he looks kind of ugly in a way with those certain colors on him.

The original starters should get more respeck, don't y'think!
Latest Signature

Old 06-09-2004, 01:16 AM
VenusaurTrainer Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via MSN to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to VenusaurTrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu
I haven't noticed that, but I have seen Pikachu often slim down. I guess it's pretty hard for an animator to draw the EXACT same Pikachu or Grovyle again and again. Considering how it's pretty tough to animate, I can't blame them.

Second, honestly I like the light green colored Bellossom a WHOLE lot more than the dark blue one. It just seems more... natural I guess...
Yeah Pikachu looked and sounded diffrent during the first Pokemon episodes.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:12 PM
gold Offline
Banned

Ash is almost as tall as brock in Pokemon Advanced and Everyone seeems to have much lower voices.
Including the Nurse joy's, which is just unnatural.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:45 PM
~Bayleef~ Offline
Experienced Trainer

I noticed that about Grovyle!! and Pikachu! I really didnt like Pikachu in the 1st series because it was so annoying but now really like it coz its changed.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Crossfire Chaos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via ICQ to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via AIM to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via MSN to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via Yahoo to Crossfire Chaos

I think that Pokemon SHOULD be differing from eachother, you don't see cats with the exact samefur paterns, or size do you?

Yeah, That's right, I'm calling you out WAR Teams. Your going down!
Old 06-10-2004, 11:37 PM
SnowTiger Offline
Elite Trainer

Ya thats true, in the first season the characters did look and sound different

Articuno
40 flight
30 swim
10-

HOF- S. Mightyena, H.Dragonite, S.Dewgong, H.Chikorita

C.C-22,500

Old 06-11-2004, 01:02 AM
Nefarious Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via AIM to Nefarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonisgr8
I noticed that about Grovyle!! and Pikachu! I really didnt like Pikachu in the 1st series because it was so annoying but now really like it coz its changed.
Ya. I noticed Pikachu got slimmer. He looks better that way. Plus he has a better voice.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:04 AM
VenusaurTrainer Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via MSN to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to VenusaurTrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireTiger
Ya. I noticed Pikachu got slimmer. He looks better that way. Plus he has a better voice.
Yeah Pikachu had a much higher pitch in its voice.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:47 AM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
I think that Pokemon SHOULD be differing from eachother, you don't see cats with the exact samefur paterns, or size do you?
Spinda/Unknown/Shiny And I also thought of this. Making more than one sprite for pokemon so each pokemon was more original, and then also have spots, like blotches or whatever... more original pokemon.

But then again, when you think about it in every town there is a Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny which look EXACTLY the same, so you know... pokemon isn't that hard to see happening seeing as the people are like that... plus the sprites of people look the same in the game aswell...
Old 06-11-2004, 03:10 PM
gold Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenusaurTrainer
Yeah Pikachu had a much higher pitch in its voice.
I liked him in the first series because he was funnier. His high pitched voice was funny.
Ash's high voice... is just freaky.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:21 PM
DragonShane Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DragonShane

Meh, I kinda liked Pikachu more towards the beginning of the series; he acted more animalistic than he does now. I just rather see the majority of the pokemon acting like wild animals; makes it seem more realistic.

As for design changes, well, it happens with just about any series one can think of. Over the years, styles will evolve and change to 'fit' with the times. It happens with comic characters, video game characters, and just about any other type of fictional work.

When it comes to different sprites for the games, I think we'll be waiting a while til that much data can be stored on a cartridge. I have no idea if something like that could work on a GBA cartridge, or if Nintendo has considered it. Though, the random patterns on Spindas are a good start.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:24 PM
art Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to art Send a message via MSN to art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
but pokémon aren't cats, remember.

and by the way, your avatar is pathetic.

miyavi is the hotness
Closed Thread