Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 10-01-2006, 03:24 AM
rufus6june Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: a few things that bug me about the poke anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mime Jr View Post
Ash bugs me, Pikachu needs a replacement for him.
That would wreck the story line!

^credit too shiny loser^
Old 10-01-2006, 04:32 AM
Mime Jr Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Mime Jr

Not really you could have Pikachu get lost and get pick up by another stranger on a quest to become a pokemon master, and Pikachu's mission would be to find Ash.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:37 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist
And why does ash never see through team rockets disguises!?!
If Ash saw through their disguises, they'd be blasting off before they even got to say a word. It just wouldn't work.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:18 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
If Ash saw through their disguises, they'd be blasting off before they even got to say a word. It just wouldn't work.
Besides, it's something every long anime series must have : A running gag ;)
Like Melvin in Sailor Moon, Ryoohki in Tenchi, that cat who bites the girl's hand in Azumanga Daioh, the songs in Child's Toy, Menchi in Excel Saga, and..everything in Ranma 1/2 *lol* :)

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art

Last edited by Orange_Flaaffy; 10-01-2006 at 05:22 AM.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:51 PM
RouteMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

My favourite running gag of TR's is their constant breaking of the fourth wall; often refering to the audience and the producer. Those guys are brilliant.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:18 AM
Jhem Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Jhem Send a message via MSN to Jhem Send a message via Yahoo to Jhem

Things that bug me:
-Whenever there is a battle, the opponent always seems to have a move option called "DODGE THE ATTACK!!!!1!1!" and it ALWAYS works on the best moves.
-Somehow, in the episode today on CN, Ash found a way to "boost the speed of Double Team by using Quick Attack first"... mlm!!! <-- do the math.
-In the same episode, Swellow and Corphish withstood: Fire Blast, Extremespeed, Aerial Ace, Water Pulse, another Extremespeed, and Another Fire Blast, all to come back and miraculously win the battle.
-When a Pokemon is "knocked out" or "Unable to battle" with those swirly eyes, it always appears to be fine in the following frames (??).
-Ash's pikachu's has electric attacks don't work on ground type pokemon... EXCEPT RHYDON!
-Team rocket is... omg... STILL trying to get pikachu, When practically everyone pikachu comes up against can beat it, not to mention all those legendaries they come across. But NO! they want pikachu because "it's rare" wtf?
-Team rocket needs new uniforms
-team rocket needs to stop getting launched several kilometers into the air whenever they lose.
-Team rocket needs to stop losing.
-ash needs to evolve his pokemon lmao
-His pokemon need to stop being stupid and evolve. you can evolve and still be friends, you know, it's not impossible.
-The show needs to stop bringing all these new abilities that are convenient to the episode onto pokemon that probably don't have that ability (IE: Vaporeon can actually turn into water in the water)

I probably have more, but I need to watch more of the show to remember them.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Poltergeist Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Its not like Ash says it out loud! He waits for their backs to be turned and bam! Also running gags can only last so long Orange Flaffy before you have enough.

Also Mime Jr. Comment on how the show would have no plot if they got rid of team rocket is just sad that the show is based on one villian. Other show get new villians after a while because their old ones are dull which if you ask me is what is happening here.

Finally the fact that ash only catches pokemon on the way is a sad statement about someone who supposedly wants to be a pokemon master because catching as many pokemon as you can and training them is what that title is all about. Then again seems like he gave up on that dream a long time ago.

Ok my one gripe after making all these comebacks is that ash has only won one tournament. Come on he is the main character and should win more than just one, and don't give me the excuse that this is more realistic when the whole show is based on unrealistic critters!

Okay I have said my word and will most likely get complaints from poke anime nuts! Bring it on!

P.S. Mime Jr., Pikachu and Ash are the main characters so getting rid of Pikachu anywhere else besides near the series end is unthinkable.

Last edited by Poltergeist; 10-02-2006 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:07 PM
HydroBlastoise Offline

What I hate the most about the Anime is that it's way too repetitive. It's always enter new town,meet a new friend,stop team rocket from stealing a pokémon,say bye to the new friend,end of episode.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:37 AM
lugia_ho-oh Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to lugia_ho-oh

Exactly, most everyone agrees with me.And HydroBlastoise is right, how much do you wanna bet that the charecters of d/p are gonna be in it next season?In fact, I've seen fan fics better than the anime.They should make team rocket go somewhere totally away from ash and his peoples, like the daycare center, and have them win.Plus they really need to add somthin' that'll change it, ALOT.My guess is, the creaters are to afraid to do this cause they're worried people won't watch it.But I don't really watch it anymore cause they won't.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:57 AM
-HaXeR- Offline
New Trainer

Introduce ash to the video game where he cant do "DODGE THE ATTACK!" and other crap and loses. :P

Me: *sees ash* Ok, lets battle.
Ash: Hi, im Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town.
Me: Dont care who you are and where your from. Time to battle.
Ash: Wait, i havent even met you yet, whats your name and why do you want to battle?
Me: Cause i looked at you, that means we have to battle, and you'll find out my name WHEN we battle. It shows up on the screen, dumba$$.
Ash: Umm ok, GO PIKACHU!
Me: Go Metagross! Use Earthquake!
Ash: Pikachu, dodge it!
Me: That doesnt work here, dumba$$. :P
*Pikachu takes the attack and faints*

Enough said.

"...and if your not down with that, I just got 2 words for ya..."
Old 10-04-2006, 03:38 PM
RouteMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -HaXeR- View Post
Enough said.
Well no, not really.

The whole point of the anime is that it is different from the games. I certainly wouldn't tune in to watch the same thing I could see on a GBA or GBC - I'd want to see something different, more exciting and unpredictable.
It always seemed to me that battling in the anime is what it would be if Pokemon were real. Some attacks would hit, some fanatastic tactics would be played, Pokemon could outmanouvre opponents and score hits and all the while the Pokemon would be relying, not on how many Rattatas it had defeated or levels it had gained, but on the trust and loyalty it put in its trainer and in the hours of training they had put in together. That's what the anime's about: trying to relate to a fictional world - not just reshowing what would happen on a GB screen.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:15 PM
-HaXeR- Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhem View Post
Things that bug me:
-Whenever there is a battle, the opponent always seems to have a move option called "DODGE THE ATTACK!!!!1!1!" and it ALWAYS works on the best moves.
-Somehow, in the episode today on CN, Ash found a way to "boost the speed of Double Team by using Quick Attack first"... mlm!!! <-- do the math.
-In the same episode, Swellow and Corphish withstood: Fire Blast, Extremespeed, Aerial Ace, Water Pulse, another Extremespeed, and Another Fire Blast, all to come back and miraculously win the battle.
-When a Pokemon is "knocked out" or "Unable to battle" with those swirly eyes, it always appears to be fine in the following frames (??).
-Ash's pikachu's has electric attacks don't work on ground type pokemon... EXCEPT RHYDON!
-Team rocket is... omg... STILL trying to get pikachu, When practically everyone pikachu comes up against can beat it, not to mention all those legendaries they come across. But NO! they want pikachu because "it's rare" wtf?
-Team rocket needs new uniforms
-team rocket needs to stop getting launched several kilometers into the air whenever they lose.
-Team rocket needs to stop losing.
-ash needs to evolve his pokemon lmao
-His pokemon need to stop being stupid and evolve. you can evolve and still be friends, you know, it's not impossible.
-The show needs to stop bringing all these new abilities that are convenient to the episode onto pokemon that probably don't have that ability (IE: Vaporeon can actually turn into water in the water)

I probably have more, but I need to watch more of the show to remember them.
Thats the battle dome one, right? I saw the end of that episode. Comparing what wouldve happened in the games: unless swampert and arcanine were lvl 50 or less and if swellow and corphish were lvl 90 or higher then that wouldve probably never happened. Of course, what do you expect? I doubt the writers of the show would have him lose there.

I agree with everything you said here, EXCEPT the thing about TR wanting pikachu cause its rare. They want it cause its "powerful". rofl

"...and if your not down with that, I just got 2 words for ya..."
Old 10-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by -HaXeR- View Post
Thats the battle dome one, right? I saw the end of that episode. Comparing what wouldve happened in the games: unless swampert and arcanine were lvl 50 or less and if swellow and corphish were lvl 90 or higher then that wouldve probably never happened. Of course, what do you expect? I doubt the writers of the show would have him lose there.
I disagree. Levels don't exist in the anime, nor do the games and anime share similarities. The anime is more based on the effort that a pokemon gives and thus he receives in that amount.

And TR is not the villian! The regular Rockets, Team Aqua, Team Magma, and soon to be Team Galaxy are the villians! Jesse, James, and Meowth are more major characters.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:27 AM
Poltergeist Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptile Frost View Post
I disagree. Levels don't exist in the anime, nor do the games and anime share similarities. The anime is more based on the effort that a pokemon gives and thus he receives in that amount.

And TR is not the villian! The regular Rockets, Team Aqua, Team Magma, and soon to be Team Galaxy are the villians! Jesse, James, and Meowth are more major characters.
Your so right! TR are bunch of nice people trying to help everyone they can while making sure ashes Pikachu is safe from harm! I think you worded this wrong but TR are the main villians, the way you say it makes them sound like good people

Also effort does play a small role in the anime battles but experience in battles counts a whole lot more. That is why ash lost to brock the first time due to no experience really in battling other people. Also he only really won due to the luck of sprinklers in a rock gym....go figure.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
Its not like Ash says it out loud! He waits for their backs to be turned and bam! Also running gags can only last so long Orange Flaffy before you have enough.

Also Mime Jr. Comment on how the show would have no plot if they got rid of team rocket is just sad that the show is based on one villian. Other show get new villians after a while because their old ones are dull which if you ask me is what is happening here.

Finally the fact that ash only catches pokemon on the way is a sad statement about someone who supposedly wants to be a pokemon master because catching as many pokemon as you can and training them is what that title is all about. Then again seems like he gave up on that dream a long time ago.

Ok my one gripe after making all these comebacks is that ash has only won one tournament. Come on he is the main character and should win more than just one, and don't give me the excuse that this is more realistic when the whole show is based on unrealistic critters!

Okay I have said my word and will most likely get complaints from poke anime nuts! Bring it on!

P.S. Mime Jr., Pikachu and Ash are the main characters so getting rid of Pikachu anywhere else besides near the series end is unthinkable.
Ash never wanted to be a pokemon master, that was an element made in the dub :P. He just wanted to travel with pokemon, period :).
And running gagas never get old for me, what does get old for me however is the Ash never takes pity on Team Rocket even if they have'nt had food in days :P. In place of 'you are human beings to, enjoy a good meal for once' it's ' Give back the food you stole!' even though they are as much stealing as Ash and company :P.

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art