Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 09-30-2006, 02:09 AM
lugia_ho-oh Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to lugia_ho-oh
Default A few things that bug me about the Poke anime

Ok, I just wanted to know if anyone agrees with me as express a few things that I don't like about the pokemon anime.

1)Team Rocket allways attacks in practically every episode

2)Every episode is pretty much the same;Ash finds either town, pokemon, or person in destress, battles team rocket and wins. ;or Ash battles either a gym, trainer, and other various battles and wins.hense, there's is never any surprises whatsoever.

3)Does Team Rocket have to shout "It looks like Team Rocket is blasting off again!" every single time?!

So these things just really bug me, that's pretty much the reason why I like Pokemon Chronicles more than the regular series.I just would like to see if anyone agreed with me or if I'am just bizzarely piccy.

I also though th Pokemon Dungeon special was kinda corny (Team Meany?),
although the voices, all except Pichu anyway, we're extremely well matched.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:15 AM
Barret Offline

Default Re: a few things that bug me about the poke anime

Yes. We all have things in the show that bug us.

- Pikachu bugs me. Ash needs a replacement.

- Jesse, James, and Meowth bug me. They need to go away and stop appearing where ever Ash and crew does.

- Something exciting needs to happen.

I liked the Mystery Dungeon special. It was cool to see the show from a Pokemon's point of view.

Some Drug, Alcohol, and Domestic Violence Related Info and Statistics:
+One out of every two women will be raped in their lifetime
+One out of every three women will be sexually assaulted, raped, or beaten by the time they are 18
+In the US every 30 minutes someone is killed in an alcohol related traffic accident
+Over 15 million Americans are dependent on alcohol; 500,000 are between the age of 9 and 12
+Tobacco is the only thing that when used correctly, will kill you
Be Responsible. Don't be a Statistic.

Old 09-30-2006, 02:16 AM
SpazzedOutRayquaza Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to SpazzedOutRayquaza

Uhh... That's why I quit watching the show. Too repetitive.
So, I obviously agree with you.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:47 AM
Sent Reglay Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Sent Reglay

the pokemon anime is way to repetetive for me. I would rather read a book. WHY CAN "T TR WIN FOR ONCE!!!!!

Diamond FC: 1676-0154-5078
Old 09-30-2006, 02:57 AM
Shady Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Shady Send a message via MSN to Shady

I agree... with all of you... The show is repeptitive, I don't watch it much anymore..

But I did watch the mystery dungeon one, It seemed pretty lame to me... Lol, sorta like it was forced and I didn't think the voices matched that well...

Old 09-30-2006, 02:29 PM
RouteMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Well I for one love the anime, I wouldn't change a thing.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:59 PM
Delirium Offline
Amateur Trainer

The anime wouldn't be so bad, if every episode weren't a comedy (I mean in the theatrical sense, characters returning to the same way they were at the start of the episode) it would at least be tolerable. Less filler episodes, less characters who never appear on screen again, have more characters showing emotional reactions, and more of Team Rocket actually, like, winning.

Cyrano the Houndoom (Lvl. 20)
H: 22 [Hatch'd]
E: 72 [Evolve'd]
L100: 306
Old 09-30-2006, 06:20 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Yeah, it's repetitive... I can sometimes watch it for a while, and then I get bored with it and quit.

Old 09-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Poltergeist Offline

Ash need new villians and Team rocket needs to get the hint that after 400 attempts to get Pikachu thier are NOT going to catch him. Also why does Giovanni even give them cash or even let them stay in team rocket. Second ash rarely actually tries to catch pokemon! He only catches them basically if they are on the way their, Lame! Third Ashses Pikachu amazingly still loses despite the fact that at this point he should be god like. Finally Ash needs to battlemore instead of helping every single sap he sees. There are probably still many more gripes I have but these are my biggest.
Old 09-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Mime Jr Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Mime Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barret View Post
Yes. We all have things in the show that bug us.

- Pikachu bugs me. Ash needs a replacement.

- Jesse, James, and Meowth bug me. They need to go away and stop appearing where ever Ash and crew does.

- Something exciting needs to happen.

I liked the Mystery Dungeon special. It was cool to see the show from a Pokemon's point of view.
Ash bugs me, Pikachu needs a replacement for him.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
Ash need new villians and Team rocket needs to get the hint that after 400 attempts to get Pikachu thier are NOT going to catch him. Also why does Giovanni even give them cash or even let them stay in team rocket. Second ash rarely actually tries to catch pokemon! He only catches them basically if they are on the way their, Lame! Third Ashses Pikachu amazingly still loses despite the fact that at this point he should be god like. Finally Ash needs to battlemore instead of helping every single sap he sees. There are probably still many more gripes I have but these are my biggest.
TR is comic relief. Believe me, the show wouldn't be the same without them.

Who's saying Giovanni is still giving J,J, and M cash? Though if he is, it might be so that they keep doing what they're doing and thus falsely show how weak TR truly is.

Ash catches five per region. That's adequate. And he only catches it if they're on the way to whatever's next because that is all he is focused on.

Ash is not a sissy. He's kind. He helps out newbies. Think about, what if somewhat hadn't taught you internet etiquette? You'd still be a noob, even if you had been a member for years. That's what would happen to some trainers.

And the anime world doesn't have levels. Evolution can take place for many different reasons, and sometimes pokemon can be stronger than other times, depending on their determination.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:31 PM
Mime Jr Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Mime Jr

I know the show would have no plot without TR.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:02 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

I agree with Frost, Team Rocket is the best part of the show to me :). I liked the show even better when Misty was around becuase Ash actually got truly mad and cocky once in a while becuase she bugged him :P.
But back to Team Rocket, I don't think their boss is paying them anymore, but he is trying to give them something to do. The team is big enough to where he can afford to have a few failing members...
The reason I say he is not paying them anymore is that most of the time when you see them now they are actually working at some sort of job.
I think that Team Rocket actually steals things between episodes :)

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 10-01-2006, 12:24 AM
Poltergeist Offline

Sigh guess I just got to old for the anime and no one agrees with me. Oh well. I still like the original series. I still have two more gripes though. How could garry become a scientist! Terrible plot twist! And why does ash never see through team rockets disguises!?! He only sees them 24/7! He should know their voices and schemes by now. Oh and I completly disagree with your reasons Sceptile. To me they sound like execuses. No offense. I could counter them but I am too lazy and it is dinner.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:57 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
Sigh guess I just got to old for the anime and no one agrees with me. Oh well. I still like the original series. I still have two more gripes though. How could garry become a scientist! Terrible plot twist! And why does ash never see through team rockets disguises!?! He only sees them 24/7! He should know their voices and schemes by now. Oh and I completly disagree with your reasons Sceptile. To me they sound like execuses. No offense. I could counter them but I am too lazy and it is dinner.
I'm 23 and still love the anime, age has nothing to do with it :P

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art