Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 10-01-2006, 02:12 PM
greenwolf60 Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: Reminder: Toys"R"Us - Mystery of Mew Giveaway!

I went to it and got a mew! There was a guy there with a piece of paper that said how to get the mews into his PC! I should have bribed him to give me the paper... but...yea! I got a mew! I felt really bad for the one girl who brought her emerald version but didn't have the national dex so she couldn't get the mew...

Credit goes to Rainbow Latias at http://www.serebiiforums.com for the awesome trainer card! You rock!

Old 10-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Marill Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marill Send a message via Yahoo to Marill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew View Post
Ok, I seriously feel like I'm gonna cry. I have waited five whole years for another promo event that gave mew away- ever since finding out that was the only way you could get it, and I just find out now. 12:22 on the 30th. And I have a gig tonight too. Living in Canada doesn't help either... *goes to curl up in a corner and die*
Well, I had a football game to go to... But that didn't stop me from getting Mew! There was a long line, and I waited for like thirty to forty five minutes, but I got it! It was level ten, like someone else said, with Pound and Transform as its attacks. I traded a Pidgey for it. I'm so excited! This is the first promo of Pokémon I'd ever been to!

Date Registered: 06/17/02 at 18:54:32
Old 10-01-2006, 05:32 PM
vicvicc Offline
New Trainer

that line was so long it was redonk. it took two hours to get my wonderous mew.

it was all worth it
Old 10-01-2006, 10:58 PM
Marill Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvicc View Post
that line was so long it was redonk. it took two hours to get my wonderous mew.

it was all worth it
Two hours?! And I thought that thirty minutes was a lot! What time did you get there? I got in line around 12:45ish. They had said that they were really busy around twelve though.

Old 10-01-2006, 11:12 PM
theEND Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to theEND Send a message via MSN to theEND

I feel quite lucky now that I read most of the recent posts in this thread. I also feel lucky that I got a Mew. I went to a Toys R Us nearby and unfortunately at that time, they said it would be unfair for me to get in line since there were still people at the door in a single file line that came since.....exactly 12:00, the guy says. Fortunately, I got in since he slipped me into the line, and I waited from 2:32 to 3:12. Good time, I suppose. Kicked some kid's ass in a battle, proved myself worthy, and got a booklet, pin, and MD stickers, along with the Mew sooner or later, of course.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:53 PM
flames_of_aries Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to flames_of_aries Send a message via MSN to flames_of_aries Send a message via Yahoo to flames_of_aries Send a message via Skype™ to flames_of_aries

Holy Crap! Funny story! There was this kid in line with his mom, and his mom was "in the know" about Pokemon and even had her own GBA and games! >.< Fortunately, they were loud and now my mom wants to get in on the Pokemon games! XD I'm going to every Pawn Shop around me and look for a GBA and an Emerald to give to her for Christmas! I'll probably find the GBA but not the Emerald. It's no big deal, she'll just have to borrow and restart one of my versions. Who knows? Maybe we can go to these events more often now! XD (Cool beans)

Bunny of Doom!
Click here to go to safety.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:18 AM
Ali the Dark One Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via MSN to Ali the Dark One

Mew kicks butt!! I waited two hours in line just to get it, its first four attacks are pound, transform, mega punch, and something else that I can't remember right now... I drove to Riverside with my mom from Corona and I got a free pokefan magazine, some stickers, and two chocolate cupcakes... and mew, which is PINKTASTIC!!! w00t! I also had really fun people next to me in line! DING!! JEFF!! (everyone in line traded for a magicarp, but I traded for an oddish aaaaaaand... I was the only person in line with a pokemon emerald, well at least one that had its national dex {there was one other kid crying because he hadn't gotten far enough} so yeah... the whole experience rocked!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!)

Last edited by Ali the Dark One; 10-02-2006 at 07:23 AM.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:07 PM
flames_of_aries Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to flames_of_aries Send a message via MSN to flames_of_aries Send a message via Yahoo to flames_of_aries Send a message via Skype™ to flames_of_aries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali3729328 View Post
Mew kicks butt!! I waited two hours in line just to get it, its first four attacks are pound, transform, mega punch, and something else that I can't remember right now... I drove to Riverside with my mom from Corona and I got a free pokefan magazine, some stickers, and two chocolate cupcakes... and mew, which is PINKTASTIC!!! w00t! I also had really fun people next to me in line! DING!! JEFF!! (everyone in line traded for a magicarp, but I traded for an oddish aaaaaaand... I was the only person in line with a pokemon emerald, well at least one that had its national dex {there was one other kid crying because he hadn't gotten far enough} so yeah... the whole experience rocked!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!)
D@mn, you're lucky. :D

Bunny of Doom!
Old 10-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Indigoh Offline
New Trainer

I went to get one, I got one, and my sister got one. The line was short but the noob kids didn't know how to do it, so they took hours, and then alot of the kids had Emerald, and they didn't know that they needed to get the National Pokedex, hehe suckers. I got in line at 11:45 AM Pacific Standard Time and it took an hour and a half.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:33 PM
ashkelon Offline
Elite Trainer

Three hour wait. Ugh.

But I finally did get my mews. They let me put one on each of the carts I could -- 2 emeralds; one FR; one LG. Unfortunately, my oldest kid's friend restarted my R and S so I couldn't get them on those carts too.

This is the first time I've even SEEN mew, since I won't hack my carts. So I was pretty excited.

I did spend some time playing against other people. I'm 50, so it's fun when people figure out that it's me they're battling instead of some other kid. There actually was a lady there older than me. She was like 70+! and had a pink ds lite.

They were all level 10 obtained "Red". OT: MYSTRY id: 06980

Nobody got a shiny... too bad.

Mine are

Sassy -- hp/41 a/27 d/25 sa/27 sd/27 sp/22
average ability, special attack = quite impressive

Hasty -- hp/40 a/27 d/22 sa/25 sd/26 sp/30
average ability, speed = flawless

Quiet -- hp/41 a/26 d/27 sa/27 sd/26 sp/24
better than average, defense = outstanding

Jolly -- hp/41 a/26 d/26 sa/24 sd/27 sp/27
better than average, special defense = outstanding

Old 10-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Ali the Dark One Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via MSN to Ali the Dark One

Oh the cupcakes were delicious, they had a creamy fillingand a swirl of white chocolate on the top . the stickers were of the pokemon pictures on the front covers of PMD blue and red, with meowth, cyndaquil, charmander, torchic, pikachu, totodile, squirtle, and mudkip. The pokefan magazine had some stuff in there about the new lucario movie and everything about pokemon (with some activities too!). The kid who didn't have his national dex yet was small (about eight years old) so he bawled all over me until his mom took him out of the line, before his mom took him out of line he was struggling to beat wattson, I almost said: 'MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I LAUGH AT YOUR MISERY ', and the kid would be all: ' wahhhhhhh!!!', then I would be all: '*sarcasm* Poor child, I am ever so sorry for your misfortune'.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:46 PM
HydroBlastoise Offline

Is this event EVER going to come to the UK? -.-

Hatches: 20
Evolves: 60
Level 100: 305
Old 10-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Marill Offline

Yeah, the wait for mine wasn't because there was a thousand people, but the guy who was trading Mew was relatively new to the process. There was a dad that was there with his son and he had his own GBA ready to go as well, which made me chuckle a bit. My Mew was Calm nature, and I haven't really checked to see if that is a good or bad thing. The guy that was trading said that he had 650 Mews to trade, and that if we had more than one cart we could go back through the line and get another. I only had my Leaf Green with me, and I kind of wished I could have had my Ruby with me.

Old 10-02-2006, 08:13 PM
flames_of_aries Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali3729328 View Post
Oh the cupcakes were delicious, they had a creamy fillingand a swirl of white chocolate on the top . the stickers were of the pokemon pictures on the front covers of PMD blue and red, with meowth, cyndaquil, charmander, torchic, pikachu, totodile, squirtle, and mudkip. The pokefan magazine had some stuff in there about the new lucario movie and everything about pokemon (with some activities too!). The kid who didn't have his national dex yet was small (about eight years old) so he bawled all over me until his mom took him out of the line, before his mom took him out of line he was struggling to beat wattson, I almost said: 'MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I LAUGH AT YOUR MISERY ', and the kid would be all: ' wahhhhhhh!!!', then I would be all: '*sarcasm* Poor child, I am ever so sorry for your misfortune'.
It's a wonder that that kid knew about the event, but not the fact that you need the NationalDex. I would have laughed at his misery, too, but that's just me. XD I want one o' them cupcakes ... *shifty eyes* ... I'll go back in time and steal them! (Haha!)

Bunny of Doom!
Old 10-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

I arrived at 11:30 for the event, and I still had to wait like a whole hour.

And then I got a Sassy Mew.