Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 09-22-2006, 01:26 AM
King Zark Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to King Zark Send a message via MSN to King Zark Send a message via Yahoo to King Zark
Default Re: Pokemon Elite 2000 Preview: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon!

Here are the screen shots I took.

Old 09-22-2006, 02:43 PM
Missingno mystery Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_of_aries View Post
This is a little off topic, but... Did you go to the Toys R Us with the friggin' Ferris Wheel in it? O.o ...
Unfortunately, when I say NY, I mean upstate, WAY upstate . Thats the reason why I can NEVER get to any of the events in NYC .

Also, I started to play the game this morning, and am sorely disappointed with it. First it says I'm mudkip, and the only thing I come close to are the first two sentences. (Well, I actually don't have a pre-picked Pokemon, but I did kinda want Totodile more.)
So, I decided to just play as that to get use to the game before starting over to get a better Pokemon. I did have my partner picked out, and so I went with Treecko. So I start playing and the menus are a B****! There more annoying than taking pictures with my mini digital camera. Then I almost never made it through the first cave cause Mudkip sucks so BAD!
Thats about all I did, and have to say, I'm already starting over, but I'm so confused over what starter I really do want. The ones I like the best, don't do good till there evolved, or are the COMPLETE opposite of me, and as well I don't think I can work well being a Pokemon that I don't like. Maybe somewhere along the way I'll get things to work out .
Old 09-22-2006, 02:50 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno mystery View Post
Unfortunately, when I say NY, I mean upstate, WAY upstate . Thats the reason why I can NEVER get to any of the events in NYC .

Also, I started to play the game this morning, and am sorely disappointed with it. First it says I'm mudkip, and the only thing I come close to are the first two sentences. (Well, I actually don't have a pre-picked Pokemon, but I did kinda want Totodile more.)
So, I decided to just play as that to get use to the game before starting over to get a better Pokemon. I did have my partner picked out, and so I went with Treecko. So I start playing and the menus are a B****! There more annoying than taking pictures with my mini digital camera. Then I almost never made it through the first cave cause Mudkip sucks so BAD!
Thats about all I did, and have to say, I'm already starting over, but I'm so confused over what starter I really do want. The ones I like the best, don't do good till there evolved, or are the COMPLETE opposite of me, and as well I don't think I can work well being a Pokemon that I don't like. Maybe somewhere along the way I'll get things to work out .
Funny, I honestly didn't find the menus to be that bad. I was using the touch screen before, but I found its just easier to hit "B" instead.

As for starters, just keep retaking the personality test in the beginning until you get who you really want.

Old 09-22-2006, 05:12 PM
flames_of_aries Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to flames_of_aries Send a message via MSN to flames_of_aries Send a message via Yahoo to flames_of_aries Send a message via Skype™ to flames_of_aries

Quote:

Yeah, I was just wondering... I visited New York one time and was amazed to see a Ferris Wheel in a toy store. I wanted to ride it, but the line was too long and we were on a time limit.

Now for the game... I want to be Eevee, mainly because you can evolve into a lot of different choices, and I want either a Charmander or a Cyndaquil as my partner. I can only play it on a GBA until after Christmas, because I'm getting a lovely Polar White DS lite for Christmas (along with Animal Crossing: Wild World) Anywho, I hope when I start playing it, I'll like it. The game sounds like fun, even though the 9 minute clip of the game on youtube.com majorly sucked! I don't, however, fully understand the point of the Pokemon Ranchers game. The pre-guides I've read were confusing. I hope that the information on Diamond and Pearl coming soon is good. :) Later!

Bunny of Doom!
Click here to go to safety.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:48 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Funny, I honestly didn't find the menus to be that bad. I was using the touch screen before, but I found its just easier to hit "B" instead.

As for starters, just keep retaking the personality test in the beginning until you get who you really want.
I guess hitting the B button is better than using a second screen, but it just doesn't like to pull-up all the time for me, and can get frustrating when in battles.
Well, I did finally get Totodile but, now I'm forced to live, with, THE HORRID PINK FRAMES !!! AHHHH, I hate pink !
I also kept Teecko as my partner, he's definitely the best grass starter.

Quote:
Yeah, I was just wondering... I visited New York one time and was amazed to see a Ferris Wheel in a toy store. I wanted to ride it, but the line was too long and we were on a time limit.

Now for the game... I want to be Eevee, mainly because you can evolve into a lot of different choices, and I want either a Charmander or a Cyndaquil as my partner. I can only play it on a GBA until after Christmas, because I'm getting a lovely Polar White DS lite for Christmas (along with Animal Crossing: Wild World) Anywho, I hope when I start playing it, I'll like it. The game sounds like fun, even though the 9 minute clip of the game on youtube.com majorly sucked! I don't, however, fully understand the point of the Pokemon Ranchers game. The pre-guides I've read were confusing. I hope that the information on Diamond and Pearl coming soon is good. :) Later!
I was thinking of choosing Eevee too, be its farther from my personality than Totodile is so I went with it when it came up, and Feraligatr is one of my favorite Pokemon, being my favorite starter.
I'm also hoping to get a DS for Christmas, but I've chosen the Blue regular cause its my favorite color (all though I wouldn't mind that new Pokemon DP one).
Old 09-24-2006, 08:44 PM
FireDancingDragon Offline
New Trainer

I don't understand something. I got to lvl.16 and me and my partner never evolved. I checked my pokemon info book and it says that both Torchic and Mudkip evolve at lvl16..but it never happened.. what do I do?
Old 09-24-2006, 10:16 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDancingDragon View Post
I don't understand something. I got to lvl.16 and me and my partner never evolved. I checked my pokemon info book and it says that both Torchic and Mudkip evolve at lvl16..but it never happened.. what do I do?
Your Pokemon can't evolve until you finish the main story, after you finished the story, you will unlock a place that will allow your Pokemon to evolve.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:27 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
I guess hitting the B button is better than using a second screen, but it just doesn't like to pull-up all the time for me, and can get frustrating when in battles.
Well, I did finally get Totodile but, now I'm forced to live, with, THE HORRID PINK FRAMES !!! AHHHH, I hate pink !
I also kept Teecko as my partner, he's definitely the best grass starter.
Menu > Others > Windows: Blue Red Green

Problem solved.

Old 09-25-2006, 03:28 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Menu > Others > Windows: Blue Red Green

Problem solved.
No actually not. I did that and it only changes the background color and no the frames. But I guess I can live with it seens how I will not be choosing the playable male character in Ranger. That is what I call some hideous design, he looks like he's on steroids ! http://www.dreamjap.com/image/338.jpg

Last edited by Missingno mystery; 09-25-2006 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:25 PM
flames_of_aries Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to flames_of_aries Send a message via MSN to flames_of_aries Send a message via Yahoo to flames_of_aries Send a message via Skype™ to flames_of_aries

Quote:
No actually not. I did that and it only changes the background color and no the frames. But I guess I can live with it seens how I will not be choosing the playable male character in Ranger. That is what I call some hideous design, he looks like he's on steroids ! http://www.dreamjap.com/image/338.jpg
Poor Kyogre... :'( The Ranger guy looks like Attila from Pokemon: Chronicles a little. Maybe that's him! O.o ...!

Bunny of Doom!
Old 09-25-2006, 07:18 PM
Marill Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marill Send a message via Yahoo to Marill

Quote:
Poor Kyogre... :'( The Ranger guy looks like Attila from Pokemon: Chronicles a little. Maybe that's him! O.o ...!
Howdy all! I have a question... and I bet it's been asked earlier in this thread but I don't have the time to look it up... should I buy this game? How does it compare in relation to the regular style RPG games? Should I stick with Red (as I still only have the GBA) or should I upgrade to the DS and get Blue?

Date Registered: 06/17/02 at 18:54:32
Old 09-25-2006, 07:33 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marill View Post
Howdy all! I have a question... and I bet it's been asked earlier in this thread but I don't have the time to look it up... should I buy this game? How does it compare in relation to the regular style RPG games? Should I stick with Red (as I still only have the GBA) or should I upgrade to the DS and get Blue?
Getting Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team is all you really need if you don't have a DS. The two versions are pretty much the same, save for a few minor differences differences.

And yes, I STRONGLY recommend getting it. It's awesome, definitely one of my favorite Pokemon games. Plus, it has a totally new approach and is unlike any Pokemon game you've played before. I definitely think you would like it.

Old 09-26-2006, 12:33 AM
flames_of_aries Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marill View Post
I was talking about the Pokemon Rangers game, not the Mystery Dungeon. But if you want the game, get it. It looks like a fun game. :) I'll have to get the Red version, too, until I get my DS for Christmas.

Bunny of Doom!