Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Intro Boards Ľ Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 03-14-2004, 02:59 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Beware! Fake English Versions of Fire Red/Leaf Green on Ebay!

Beware! Fake English Versions of Fire Red/Leaf Green on Ebay!
-03/14/04-

Here we go again, more fakes of Pokemon games on Ebay.

English versions of Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green fakes have been recently spotted on Ebay. Not only are these games not released in English yet, thereís not even a release date for Fire Red/Leaf Green in the US. There are two different versions of the fake images, one set of both Fire Red/Leaf Green that are poorly made fakes. And a second version of a Leaf Green fake image that is much better made.

Version 1.0 - Not Very Well Made Fake Images
The sellersí claim the games are in English, and has an image showing what seems to be an English version of the game. Not so fast. First off, the Fire Red version fakeís image is simply horrible, it used the original Red versionís design (same Charizard design), poor quality image, you only see about half of the image, and you can barely see the word ďfirered.Ē The font of the word is also done poorly, itís a simple bevel and emboss technique found on Adobe Photoshop (an image editor). Same goes for the Leaf Green version, but there has been second new fake image of Leaf Green, that is much more convincing.

Example auction from Ebay: Pokemon Fire Red

Version 2.0 - Much More Convincing Fake Image
This version fake Leaf Green image looks exactly what you would expect from an official game. One of the main sellerís of this fake game comes from Hong Kong, which is not a good sign, considering the fact that Hong Kong highly known for its piracy. And obviously, add that to the fact that the English version of Fire Red/Leaf Green hasnít been released yet. And not surprisingly, several other Ebay accounts selling the game have no feedback on their account. And a few of those new accounts with no feedback, yet again, are sellers from Hong Kong. With this new image, seller's are obviously using this one instead of the first fake image of Leaf Green. This new image would undoubtedly fool many people, it's well made (unlike the first ones), but definitely a possible task to make by a person with the skill and proper tools to do so. Currently, for Fire Red, sellers are still using the first badly made one.

Example auction from Ebay: Pokemon Leaf Green

Of course, all of these are bad signs for any product (especially one that hasnít been released). So beware of these fakes products. Itís not known what the sellerís would actually send to those that buy it, thatís assuming if they even send anything at all. In the past, the most famous Pokemon fakes has to be Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Jade versions that were available on Ebay, those are obviously fakes. Those games were actually a game called Keitai Denjuu Telefang (never released in the US), the games was hacked and badly translated into English and make it seem like they were Pokemon games.

For news complete with pictures, go to the website: www.pokemonelite2000.com
Old 03-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Thunderbird Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Thunderbird
Default Re: Beware! Fake English Versions of Fire Red/Leaf Green on Ebay!

They look so fake..
I don't think a true pokemon fan will ever fall into them

Current team:
Old 03-14-2004, 03:06 PM
Scizor Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Scizor

They look fake.... however that Venusaur looks cool
Old 03-14-2004, 03:10 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Eek! They look horrible. Especially the Fire Red Box. Looks like it has holes in it.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:14 PM
silverfrost Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to silverfrost Send a message via MSN to silverfrost Send a message via Yahoo to silverfrost

¨_¨ If they were trying to fool people, they could've at least made it slightly believable. =/
Old 03-14-2004, 03:19 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

How stupid can they get?! Gosh! Everytime a new Pokemon game comes out, they always make fakes! It's like they are trying to make a Pokemon fan not like Pokemon anymore! *murders Ebay*

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 03-14-2004, 03:22 PM
silverfrost Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to silverfrost Send a message via MSN to silverfrost Send a message via Yahoo to silverfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteMew
How stupid can they get?! Gosh! Everytime a new Pokemon game comes out, they always make fakes! It's like they are trying to make a Pokemon fan not like Pokemon anymore! *murders Ebay*
Heh, well it's not really ebay, but the people selling that stuff on there. =/
Old 03-14-2004, 03:43 PM
LolJolteonMaster Offline
Banned

Grrrr.....EVIL POKEMON FAKEGAME MAKING LITTLE KID THIEVING DIRTY ROTTEN NO GOOD STUPID STUPID PEOPLE HATING POKEMON HATING IDIOTS!!!! Grrr...I NEED TO CALM MY NERVES...*grabs silverfrost by hands and feet* *jumpropes using silverfrost as a jumprope* *throws silverfrost in trashcan* Ahh...Now I feel better. Anywho:
1.Ebay has the security of a bag of peanuts
2.Humans Stink. I'm happy I'm a chicken.
3.Does anyone have a doughnut? I'm hungry!
4.Can I have some milk with the doughnut?
Old 03-14-2004, 03:47 PM
Thunderbird Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Thunderbird

^Err...ar u alright LolJolteonMaster?

and CuteMew, u just speak out the words that i want to say!

Current team:
Old 03-14-2004, 05:44 PM
LolJolteonMaster Offline
Banned

Yes, what wrong with chu? Get it? Chu! Like pikachu! *listens to silent audience* Ummm......How about this one! A police car looks at a car. He pulls him over. The car is blue. Get it? Blue!!!!
Old 03-14-2004, 06:04 PM
otikeu Offline
New Trainer

I have sent a email to ebay about this ... and gave them a link. I hate anyone who would cheat someone of their cash! I will continue to contact ebay on pokemon (and other games) fakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteMew
Yes, what wrong with chu? Get it? Chu! Like pikachu! *listens to silent audience* Ummm......How about this one! A police car looks at a car. He pulls him over. The car is blue. Get it? Blue!!!!
What does this have to do with the topic!? Carefull, you can get warnings (referrals) from spamming. However, it is funny.

Later

Gaming Hybrid
www.gaminghybrid.com
Old 03-14-2004, 06:27 PM
otikeu Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by otikeu
I have sent a email to ebay about this ... and gave them a link. I hate anyone who would cheat someone of their cash! I will continue to contact ebay on pokemon (and other games) fakes.
Scratch that ... If you have a account a ebay, please go here, http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_i...banned%29+item This should help you bypass all of those questions. Report http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=62053 in a email. Or you can go here, http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_inline/index.html and go through the questions then report http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=62053 in a email.

Even though the game and game box art is fake, version 2.0 of the game box does loook pretty cool.

Later

Gaming Hybrid
www.gaminghybrid.com

Last edited by otikeu; 03-14-2004 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:16 PM
Sutiivun Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Sutiivun Send a message via Yahoo to Sutiivun

Tch, how stupid can those people get? I think it's just stupid that they're trying to sell fake games.

"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."
~Nathan Hale before his death in the Revolutionary War~
Old 03-14-2004, 10:14 PM
voidsign Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to voidsign

I'm not sure Ebay can do anything about the Leaf Green version. But the first ones really are bad.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't agree with what he's doing but bbq69999 (Ebayer who's selling Leaf Green) has worded the auction very well. He doesn't mention what game you get if you win the Auction or weather the Cart and Box are from the same game.

Also the title isn't referring to anything in particular. Its just GBA POKEMON LEAF GREEN. If ebay try to slam him for breaking their rules he can say that the title was referring to the Box. Which if some one did win they would get (as well as an undetermined English game ).

Ebay has many holes in its rules and once someone figures out the flaws it's going to be quite easy to manipulate.

The best bet is if you want Pre-owned or Imported games go down to your local shops and see what they have. Ebay is a bad place to buy this kinda stuff from anyhow, even if you get what you won there is no warrenty on the product.

I remember someone selling a load of PS2 boxes for a few hundred pounds each via Auction on Ebay. Problem was the PS2s were not inc in the Auction and the people who bought them could not do a thing, he hadn't mentioned anywhere in the listing that consoles were included.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:07 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

[That's why I buy my Pokemon needs from Amazon, I know what I want.

If you buy those games from Ebay though, beware! Could be like a VCR, Very Clever Ripoff, you get a box with no game in it! Or if you speak English like me, you get the Japanese version, but the seller probably makes you pay double or 3 times what it cost in Japan so thus, you get, how I say, SCREWED!

NEver trusted E bay, people sell anything, and I mean anything, which is how stupid E bay is.