Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 09-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector
Default Proposal

Wow, I haven't been in the Role Play section in ages.

It's definitely changed. I mean, I don't see all of the old faces (or display pictures) that I used to see here when I first joined. But instead, I see new faces, just as good as we all were. I suppose my RP skills have gotten a bit worse, which is why I raise this proposal. After spending quite a while in the Fan fiction section, I am happy to say that my overall writing skills have leaped and bound. But my skill with Role Playing with other members is not as good. I was once someone who only spent his time in the Role Play section. I don't intend on going back to that, but I intend on coming back to Role Play.

So, I ask all of you. I have ideas for a big series of Role Plays. I am thinking of having a Role Play Trilogy of sorts, where one massive plot is split into three different plots. Then we can get down to some serious Role Playing. I would have finished the storyline and posted it here, but I want the whole consent of the Role Players before I do so. So what I plan on doing, is asking any Role Players who are willing to put all that they've got, and will come online at least once every two days for long enough to post a reasonably good post in the Role Play.

Before I give any information on the Role Play, I'd like to see if there are any takers...

DS

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 09-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Proposal

Yep, I can do that. I'm great at coming up with incredibly long posts...

Sounds like a plan, I'm interested.

Old 09-01-2006, 01:17 PM
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.

Send a message via AIM to DaRkUmBrEoN Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkUmBrEoN

Depends on the storyline, but I'm in.

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
Where an old man of Aran goes around and around
Old 09-01-2006, 01:25 PM
Lotad Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Lotad

Though I'm not the greatest at coming up with long posts, I am willing to join in this RolePlay, once I know what the storyline is.

{URPG} | {Sparkz // Mastered @ 8,693} | {Anime}
-.- I'm taking a small minor break from Pe2K, as well as chatting on AIM... I'll probably be back May 15th, though I may not be on till the 28th for some reason.
This doesn't mean I drop out of everything I'm doing though... =/
Old 09-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Yep, I can do that. I'm great at coming up with incredibly long posts...

Sounds like a plan, I'm interested.
Awesome. I wasn't expecting replies so soon. I'm gad you're interested. If this project gets off its feet, it'll be the first time I've seen you Role Play. I've rifled though some old posts, but never seen you actively play. I'm looking forward to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkUmBrEoN View Post
Depends on the storyline, but I'm in.
Of course; stupid me. Well, it takes place just a few years after the current anime. It also incorporates fantasy ideas that aren't there in the Pokémon world that we normally see, such as Alchemy, and perhaps some mythical creatures. I have the problem of only allowing a few people. I don't like Role Plays with too many. So by tomorrow or day after, I'll check how many takers we have, and then I'll show all of you the storyline, and we decide on some minor points.

DS

EDIT: Yeah, Milos. Read what I said for DU, I guess it's the same thing. Besides, I'm not only looking or long posts, but also good posts, with original ideas and stuff. Afterall, a Role Play is literally a story written by many different people.

Last edited by Deathspector; 09-01-2006 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Lotad Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathspector View Post
Of course; stupid me. Well, it takes place just a few years after the current anime. It also incorporates fantasy ideas that aren't there in the Pokémon world that we normally see, such as Alchemy, and perhaps some mythical creatures. I have the problem of only allowing a few people. I don't like Role Plays with too many. So by tomorrow or day after, I'll check how many takers we have, and then I'll show all of you the storyline, and we decide on some minor points.

DS

EDIT: Yeah, Milos. Read what I said for DU, I guess it's the same thing. Besides, I'm not only looking or long posts, but also good posts, with original ideas and stuff. Afterall, a Role Play is literally a story written by many different people.
I agree with you on the 'too many people for an RP'. I had done an RP that had something like 18 to 20 Characters (there were only 6 or 7 people.). I accidently killed two of my characters, sometime before the site went under do to inactivity. The site is currently dead, and I can't find the RP, since I think it was destroyed in the collapsing of the site... Having only three to four people RolePlaying seems so much of a better idea. And I like what it's going to have involved in it...

-.- I'm taking a small minor break from Pe2K, as well as chatting on AIM... I'll probably be back May 15th, though I may not be on till the 28th for some reason.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milos View Post
I agree with you on the 'too many people for an RP'. I had done an RP that had something like 18 to 20 Characters (there were only 6 or 7 people.). I accidently killed two of my characters, sometime before the site went under do to inactivity. The site is currently dead, and I can't find the RP, since I think it was destroyed in the collapsing of the site... Having only three to four people RolePlaying seems so much of a better idea. And I like what it's going to have involved in it...
That's one thing I don''t like. Having people Role Play as more than one character. I feel that people should focuss on one character alone and make him or her a very good chacarter. Imagine the chaos it would be if the War RP had each person witn three of four characters each. Not to mention a pain in the behind for the judges.

DS

Old 09-01-2006, 01:57 PM
Lotad Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathspector View Post
That's one thing I don''t like. Having people Role Play as more than one character. I feel that people should focuss on one character alone and make him or her a very good chacarter. Imagine the chaos it would be if the War RP had each person witn three of four characters each. Not to mention a pain in the behind for the judges.

DS
I was just thinking about that, because then it's like you are writing a book, since you need build up what characters look like more, and your posts would extend to no end. And Neo probably would have killed himself before he got up the second week results, since he had to search through probably 90 different charcters to figure out who owns which character and whole bunch of other stuff, he didn't want to or have to do. And ninety was an exaggeration, since I don't know how many people entered and or died.

Old 09-01-2006, 02:32 PM
SpazzedOutRayquaza Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to SpazzedOutRayquaza

I hope it's not too late, but I'd like to try it. If there are too many people already, I understand...
Old 09-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Cidunyegi Offline
Amateur Trainer

I'd like to try out for this, though a little more information might help. I've also been working on making longer posts.

Banner made by: Syn
Old 09-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Danne112 Offline

(I know, I'm a newbie but:)

I had always wanted to join the war but I came a little too late for that, anyways I think more big RPs like the war would be awesome. Still, with school starting I don't have much time for Role Playing anymore, have fun without me though but definatly still go for it
Old 09-03-2006, 11:58 PM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost

Hey, I'll take a go at it.

Be warned, I suc at rping. Mostly out of inexpirience, as almost every rp I have joined has died by the third page.

But I'll definitely be active.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:10 AM
Lonsie Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Lonsie

I'm a newbie and very inacative but if I could hear more about the plot I would love to join! (If you would let me)

[ BFF ~ Draconic Espeon ]
URPG | Shizen no Senshi | VPP
Old 09-06-2006, 11:37 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Okay, I'm glad there are plenty of people who are interested in this. However, I have had bad experiences with Role Plays where people are extremely innactive, and the RP dies. So, SpazzedOutRayquaza, Cidunyegi, Sceptile Frost and lonewolf, I would really like a sample of your Role Playing. I've seen everyone elses, except Danne's. Speaking of which, I will gladly take you in as well. For reasons that can be seen in my signature, I won't be posting the plot for a long time now.

For those of you who want more information, you'll have to wait, because I had all of that writen down on my computer, and it's likely to get lost. DAMN YOU COMPUTER. Ahem...

DS

EDIT: Meh, I forgot to say this, but I think this is plenty of people already. Sorry for all of you hopefuls, but the Role Players are already chosen. Once those who I have asked send my samples.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:24 AM
SpazzedOutRayquaza Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to SpazzedOutRayquaza

My example is "Fight to the Top." I post at least once a day, and I also started that Role Play. It's the only RP I ever tried to make...

Last edited by SpazzedOutRayquaza; 09-27-2006 at 10:52 PM.