Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 05-30-2004, 03:22 PM
Bashaamo Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Bashaamo
Default "Bible Codes"

Prehaps you have heard of this topic, maybe you have not. I first found out about it after watching a docmunetary on the History Channel many months ago. Basically some Biblical scholars claim that hidden messages (written by God) are found throught the Bible (mainly the Torah). Below are some links with some general information, so we can debate it. Tell us what you think.

Evidence For Bible Codes

http://www.biblecodedigest.com/

Evidence Against Bible Codes

http://skepdic.com/bibcode.html

This is a pretty intense topic so I suggest a bit of reserch. Statistics, mathematics, science, and theology are tested with this. So please don't post with statements like "I think they are real." or "I think they are fake."

I'll throw my $.02 in later,

-Bashaamo
Old 06-01-2004, 06:54 PM
Crimson Spider Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: "Bible Codes"

If I were to remember correctly, "secret messages" aren't how God does things. It's like having words written backwards in a christian song that have nothing to do with christianity. Though it is a christian song, the act of putting words purpously backwards in the song is rather occultic.

Sup, Dog? Check this out.
http://www.liliy.net/mdak/guestart.html
Old 06-02-2004, 08:37 AM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Spider
If I were to remember correctly, "secret messages" aren't how God does things. It's like having words written backwards in a christian song that have nothing to do with christianity. Though it is a christian song, the act of putting words purpously backwards in the song is rather occultic.
Yeah, I agree, I think there is some history behind why that's done though...

As for the main subject, I think not, I mean with a book that big, there is bound to be many patterns and coincidences, I mean my name is probably in there.
Old 06-05-2004, 06:42 AM
Lord Mullet Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Lord Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Spider
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bible
And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
Mt 10:10-13

So Jesus speaks in riddles to confuse people, to make people who see and hear unable to see and hear him.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:36 AM
Inferno Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Inferno

Ok, I'm gonna fess up and say I didn't go to those links, but on what Lord Mullet said or something, maybe just maybe, if we cannot see God, then the writers of these books put messages explaining that you cannot see him or hear him, so people won't lose faith, because something that is not tangible, and is not visible or heard does not hold much power to humans in general. So can't it be a way to make sure people keep faith? And people beleive.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:59 AM
akdude Offline

Send a message via AIM to akdude Send a message via MSN to akdude Send a message via Yahoo to akdude

wow, what's up with this...I keep replying to these kinds of topics lol.

Anyways....There r no codes in the bible. Just like Sprider said, it's like puttin a word backwords in a Christian song that has nothing to do with it.

And yes it does seem that Jesus speaks somewhat in riddles but that's ok. The only way to completely understand the Bible, is to keep reading it.

MWAHAHA!! The bunnies will take over the world!!

Name: Slash
FC: 2191 4116 0821
Old 07-15-2004, 04:43 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Pah. Isnt it weird that these codes come out AFTER something happens? If they've been studying Bible Codes-for what 6 years?-then they would've been able to predict all these things. Its Crap. I dont get how any one could believe this. If anyone debates against me, I'll say more later.