Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 08-14-2006, 12:45 AM
dud3 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to dud3
Default Re: 2006 Pokemon Video Game National Championships Recap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000 View Post
Nope, no way for Explosion.
Oh well I guess selfdestruct will have to do. At least it has 200 power close to explosion(250).
Old 08-14-2006, 03:10 AM
Poltergeist Offline

They should have limited it to one legendary for each person, I mean really the teams where almost completly identical. So booooring. Thats why I never put legendaries on my main team I use throught the game cause they are so cheap.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:41 PM
Richard Walker Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
They should have limited it to one legendary for each person, I mean really the teams where almost completly identical. So booooring. Thats why I never put legendaries on my main team I use throught the game cause they are so cheap.
My thoughts exactly. Those battles were a bit 'blah' to me - it felt like there were no other tactics besides search and destroy. Still enjoyable, though I would probably crush them all like rock candy. Thanks for the vids, PE2K.

Last edited by Richard Walker; 08-14-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:39 PM
DragonBlast Offline
New Trainer

admin, why didn`t you write about Hunt for deoxyes UK event? you only seem to write about The usa, mind you.. there are many visitors in your site who are not from America.

http://www.pkmn.co.uk/?viewnews=1130605365 <- click to view hunt for deoxys story
Old 08-14-2006, 10:10 PM
Hyrule Hero Offline
New Trainer

Umm are the parties assigned or something because it seems that both parties were the same in each battle
Old 08-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Dark Charizard Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Charizard

They both used snorlax and mewtwo guess they like snorlax and they probley used mewtwo cause its strong.

PM me if you want me to vote for you. :D

Old 08-14-2006, 10:18 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBlast View Post
admin, why didn`t you write about Hunt for deoxyes UK event? you only seem to write about The usa, mind you.. there are many visitors in your site who are not from America.

http://www.pkmn.co.uk/?viewnews=1130605365 <- click to view hunt for deoxys story
Well I provide information on many different events at the website, but obviously I can't be there to cover them all like I did for this one. For this particular instance, Nintendo of America sent me to Party of the Decade, so that's why I'm able to provide so much coverage for the event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrule Hero View Post
Umm are the parties assigned or something because it seems that both parties were the same in each battle
Minh used: Groudon, Clefable, Snorlax, and Mewtwo
Calvin used: Mewtwo, Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Snorlax

Samin used: Kyogre, Ludicolo, Snorlax, and Mewtwo
Aziz used: Blissey, Mewtwo, Groudon and Ho-oh

So no, they aren't exactly the same, but you do see some Pokemon appear a lot, like Kyogre and Mewtwo. The Pokemon party is up to the competitor, so obviously they will choose the strongest ones available (and that's why you see so many legendaries).

Last edited by PokemonElite2000; 08-14-2006 at 10:33 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch

But no restrictions on legends? Seems a bit.. boring.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:35 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch View Post
But no restrictions on legends? Seems a bit.. boring.
Well like I mentioned, this is a battle of the best, using the best. If you put a limit on what people can use, then it wouldn't be a battle of the best, it would be a battle of the "limited" best.

Having said that, I would still prefer some restrictions so people use more variety of Pokemon, so it's more fun that way. But I still understand why they went this route, because they want you to use the best and see who's the best at using the best.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:43 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000 View Post
Well like I mentioned, this is a battle of the best, using the best. If you put a limit on what people can use, then it wouldn't be a battle of the best, it would be a battle of the "limited" best.

Having said that, I would still prefer some restrictions so people use more variety of Pokemon, so it's more fun that way. But I still understand why they went this route, because they want you to use the best and see who's the best at using the best.
You're the best if you use real Pokemon, not n00btastic Pokemon. I usually pity those that use legendaries, because most of the people that I know that use legendaries are too lazy to EV Train their Pokemon properly. [/rant]
-
Meh... The teams were pretty much identical, which made it kinda boring. I only watched the first video, and decided to not watch the second because the first one bored me to death...

I'm going to get to the finals next year with my Water Mono Type team and pwn everyone (Not using legends :P)... Then the videos won't be so boring...
Old 08-15-2006, 01:41 PM
Sleepy Sheep Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

That is so cool. I watched the whole battle I actually learned how to battle better. When Kyogre got ready to attack for the first time, I swear I heard an announcer yell: "I wanna hear you cheering for the fake whale!"
Old 08-15-2006, 01:53 PM
sonickid01 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Hulk Hogan is obsessed with Body Slam.

Congratulations winners, wherever you are. And nice Mewtwos. May I have one? *shot*
Originally Posted by aoboco
National Eating Disorders... maybe because of the clam chowder from yesterday?
Old 08-15-2006, 07:09 PM
omgitsdiego Offline

I went to a qualifing tournament. but i lost. lol
Old 08-16-2006, 05:21 AM
massi4h Offline
Master Trainer

In the 12 and under that little kid who lost is the biggest n00b ever. I mean he would have won if he seis tossed kyogre on the last turn but noooo. He attacks mewtwo so he loses. I mean omg wasn't the prize like $100000US and like a trip to Japan and stuff at least thats what I heard. Also who has a team filled with only special sweepers.

In the 13+ Minh won through sheer luck. The guys Hydro Pump missed twice in a row, which he could have thundered/IBed mewtwo ftw. But he must have been not sure if mewtwo could 2HKO it with Tbolt. There was a 3/40 chance of Hydro Pump missing both times which should have easily OHKOed Mewtwo but no, Minh got lucky as usual. He got lucky in the quarter final as well apparently when he battled IMAWario (don't know his real name sorry) he only won that cause he waited the whole 30 seconds each round when it was lax vs. damaged imprison clops. (snorlax couldn't hurt him due to shadow ball being imprisoned) IMAWario's clops was trying to recover hp with it's lefties while hardly hurting lax with it's Ice beam. After a while time ran out from Minh's stalling causing him to win. His Clefable-Groudon setup strat was okay but apparently his Groudon had max HP and attack meaning mewtwo still outspeeds it after the salac boost. And since clefable never used helping hand togetic coulda been a better follow me user cause of the missingness of EQ. And it doesn't get OHKOed by mewtwo's Ice beam.
So IMO I think the little kids are idiots with teams probably made by older brothers or sharked (kinda hard to have a tournament level Ho-oh) cause they didn't know how to play well. And Minh is just a very lucky guy.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:39 PM
RedRoninMan Offline
Elite Trainer

HaHa! I heard a couple of kids in the audience say stop using Ubers. I totally agree. To bad no one cares what we think...

My Bishies are Walter C. Dornez, Arcanine and Venusaur!