Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 08-12-2006, 03:56 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: Pokemon Elite 2000: Complete Recap of Party of the Decade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugia1111 View Post
awesome did you meet him one on one
Well, very briefly. He was at lunch and we had access to the restaurant as well, since we were meeing people there. Hulk Hogan was literally just a couple a feet away. One of the other webmasters approached him and shook his hand. So I tagged along and shook the Hulkster's hand as well. I think I was so hypnotized by his presense, I wasn't thinking straight to see whether or not he was busy, like eating (pretty sure he wasnt). After that we just left, and he told us to have fun at the event.

When I first started watching wrestling, it was back in like 2nd grade, and I had a Hulk Hogan lunch box and stuff like that. And he was definitely my favorite wrestler, and still is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéJungle View Post
Honestly, I'd be scared of him if I had to talk to him face to face. Just look at that mustache.

Hmmm, well, do you know how old Nick is? It'd be rather funny if he was like 17 and Hogan just said that on an interview.
Nick Hogan is 16.

I would have loved to interview, or just talk casually with Hulk Hogan. They tried to setup a time where the webmasters can interview Hogan, if his schedule allows, but I guess it didn't, cuz it never happened.

Still, just being able to see him up front, that close, and got to shake his hand, that was great. Never thought I would ever have an oppurtunity like that.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:21 AM
PokéJungle Offline

Send a message via AIM to PokéJungle Send a message via MSN to PokéJungle

I hate the wrestling federations with a passion, so I'd gladly have traded Hogan for someone much cooler to host the day.

Say...someone from The Office?

[[ PJN | MMC | SCO | DWC |
Old 08-12-2006, 04:27 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
I hate the wrestling federations with a passion, so I'd gladly have traded Hogan for someone much cooler to host the day.

Say...someone from The Office?
Just don't say that near Hulk Hogan, or he'll give you a Body Slam, a real Body Slam... lol

It can't be someone totally random though. Even though Hulk Hogan for Pokemon is randomly enough, at least he has a son that's into it, so he picked up some things. And it made sense for him to be at the "championships" since he's a champion himself.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:04 AM
PokéJungle Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000 View Post
Just don't say that near Hulk Hogan, or he'll give you a Body Slam, a real Body Slam... lol

It can't be someone totally random though. Even though Hulk Hogan for Pokemon is randomly enough, at least he has a son that's into it, so he picked up some things. And it made sense for him to be at the "championships" since he's a champion himself.
Yeah, I suppose. I find it interesting that his son likes it. Now we'll just have to search him out on PE2Kf/SPPf/PC. Heh.

Old 08-12-2006, 05:06 AM
stanley chubbs Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to stanley chubbs

my friend appeared in one of those pictures lol
the one in nintendo world, the kid with a black southpole shirt.

oh, pokemonelite2000, i think my mother sat next to you
Old 08-12-2006, 05:11 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley chubbs View Post
my friend appeared in one of those pictures lol
the one in nintendo world, the kid with a black southpole shirt.

oh, pokemonelite2000, i think my mother sat next to you
lol, what a coincidence. But I guess since I took so many pictures, odds are somebody from this forum showed up on the pictures, or someone they know. Your mother sat next to me? I wasn't doing much sitting, more like standing and walking to places, heh.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:16 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Ha ha, well, I checked those pictures and I don't appear in any of them. You got a lot of better ones than I did, I just shot a few and just enjoyed myself most of the time I was there.

Never had lunch though, no where to sit in that entire park. :P

Old 08-12-2006, 05:17 AM
Sky Fire Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sky Fire

Quote:
lol, what a coincidence. But I guess since I took so many pictures, odds are somebody from this forum showed up on the pictures, or someone they know. Your mother sat next to me? I wasn't doing much sitting, more like standing and walking to places, heh.
Ha. I was gonna go there, but I heard about it on short notice. Of course, I couldn't go. If I hadn't of told heard of it on Monday and hear of it on Saturday... Yay! I beat my record for not sleeping!
Old 08-12-2006, 05:18 AM
silverfrost Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to silverfrost Send a message via MSN to silverfrost Send a message via Yahoo to silverfrost

Awesome- this looked like it was so fun. Unbelievable that it's been a decade.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:23 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Ha ha, well, I checked those pictures and I don't appear in any of them. You got a lot of better ones than I did, I just shot a few and just enjoyed myself most of the time I was there.

Never had lunch though, no where to sit in that entire park. :P
You sure you weren't one of those tiny people waiting in line? lol... Yea, I was more in reporter mode than fan mode (well, a bit of both I guess, I enjoyed the stage festivities). And about where to sit for lunch, that was a challenge. Had to find chairs for the entire group. So found some chairs bunched up together and took some chairs from elsewhere so everyone sat together. Probably would have been better if the lawn was open, just sit on the lawn, but then the Pikachu Balloon would have to go.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:26 AM
Sky Fire Offline
Banned

Quote:
You sure you weren't one of those tiny people waiting in line? lol... Yea, I was more in reporter mode than fan mode (well, a bit of both I guess, I enjoyed the stage festivities). And about where to sit for lunch, that was a challenge. Had to find chairs for the entire group. So found some chairs bunched up together and took some chairs from elsewhere so everyone sat together. Probably would have been better if the lawn was open, just sit on the lawn, but then the Pikachu Balloon would have to go.
Neo's tiny? Weird, I thought he was 6 feet 4 inches or something. Very well.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:27 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Well, even with the Pikachu balloon, there was still plenty of room on that lawn, but then I guess they didn't want kids to be running around on there.

And it depends on when you shot that picture of people waiting on line, I was bad and waited way too late in the afternoon to get that Flying Pikachu. Heck, I'm still wearing the sunburns from that. XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Fire View Post
Neo's tiny? Weird, I thought he was 6 feet 4 inches or something. Very well.
He means the picture itself, not my actual physical size. In that one picture, everyone's tiny. :P

Old 08-12-2006, 05:27 AM
PokéJungle Offline

Quote:
If I'd have attended, reporter mode all the way. Go around with my little notebook and camera.

Old 08-12-2006, 05:28 AM
Sky Fire Offline
Banned

Quote:
Well, even with the Pikachu balloon, there was still plenty of room on that lawn, but then I guess they didn't want kids to be running around on there.

And it depends on when you shot that picture of people waiting on line, I was bad and waited way too late in the afternoon to get that Flying Pikachu. Heck, I'm still wearing the sunburns from that. XP

He means the picture itself, not my actual physical size. In that one picture, everyone's tiny. :P
I actually can't even see the pictures.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:37 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Quote:

Well, it was probably a safety/security issue. Don't know what the proper regulations, since this is the first time that Macy's let a giant balloon be used like this at an event... but probably not a good idea for people to get too close to it. I think I took a shot of the line every few hours, cuz I was just amazed how long it kept growing. The first one I took at 9:30AM, I thought that line was already long, espicially since it was so early. Took one a few hours later, and another one a few hours later.

And I forgot to mention what a smart idea it was to hand out free bottled water and fans. Made things more tolerable for everyone.
Quote:
If I'd have attended, reporter mode all the way. Go around with my little notebook and camera.
My camera doubled as a voice recorder, could also record video, so that's one less thing for me to carry lol.