Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 06-01-2004, 05:49 PM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise
Default Re: Telekinetics? Real or Fake?

With the exception of CS, you all bring no proof of your beliefs onto the table. While I'd have to have CS explain a little bit more about his statements (I'm not aware of what "wiccans" and the others do), the rest of you need more...tangible statements other than "I think it is real" etc etc etc
Old 06-01-2004, 06:50 PM
Crimson Spider Offline
Experienced Trainer

O.K. At least I'm not alone.

It's not uncommon to know little to nothing about Wiccanism. That's because their lifestyles actually are around keeping secrecy. But here's what I've gathered.

Wiccans are devided into different types depending on elements (water, earth, ect). They believe that there isn't a god or a satan, but rather just spirits in general. No real good or bad. But under their "procedures" (they down right refuse to tell people, but I do acknowledge a difference between wichcraft and wiccanism) they actually can do stuff such as levitate, make a small energy ball appear, or put a curse on someone (actually had one try to do this to my family. Backfired on the poor woman, but she tried it).

You want visual/tangible proof of what I say: go to a bhuddist temple, or watch a christian channel, or a miracles show, or seriously tick off and/or affend a wiccan/witch religiously, or in some unexplainable way get them to show you.

But people miss my main point: we don't have power. None whatsoever. We have the mental powers comperable to a rock; which is none. Whatever abnormal things we may experience come from elsewhere.

I got some really interesting stories about people who claimed they had mental powers, then were publically proven wrong.

Sup, Dog? Check this out.
http://www.liliy.net/mdak/guestart.html
Old 06-02-2004, 09:04 AM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamevoid
Some people already can. There is this one guy(forgot his name) and he can do telekinetics.
Yeah Esper1114(don't know if he's a member at the new forums) and I do it all the time. But don't listen to us cause we don't have any current proof. Then again most people don't care if you believe or not, not like we should go out of our way to do it. If you were in the neighbor hood I would. Believe what you want, but nobody ever said that all science books are completely correct or that there aren't things we don't know about. Who ever said that our mind was in our brain... Our mind could be floating outside our body sending info to our brain, and the brain just searches for what it wants. I mean, do you think about walking, or does your subconcious mind just do it? I mean you don't think about lifting one leg and thinking about balancing and talking to people at the same time and carrying things aswell. A very common task that isn't even thought of. Kind of like Einstien's earliest question of why people feel weightless when falling. Just because it hasn't been proven yet, doesn't mean anything. I mean there are many people who also claim to do it which is very wide spread, and it's pretty much anyone who is a Wiccan... I mean their whole religion is based on stuff like that (I think so at least.) Just doesn't make sense why it'd still exist if it doesn't exist at all, they can't fool people forever if it was fake anyway.

EDIT: and everything about the whole, "It may not come from us, but we control it" thing that CS said is what I was trying to get at.

Last edited by Steven; 06-02-2004 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:59 PM
gamevoid Offline
Experienced Trainer

Um I dont have any proof that can really be turlly real without a doubt but if you go to www.psipog.net (it could by psy) and there some pretty cool stuff there and some videos. But Khold you say its vitualy IMPOSIBLE to do TK right? Well Nothing is im possible. Every thing is made up of atoms as such and energy and stuff but your brain sends eletrical(I think) impulsses to parts of you body to make them work whats to say that thoses eletrical impulsses cant go thogh you? So its very possible as for what I can lay my ideas on like I said every thing is moved by some sort of energy right? wearther is heat or cold or whatever but its still done by energy and Is not impossible for energy to go throgh things. So why cant your brain send energy throgh you head to something else?
Old 06-07-2004, 12:34 AM
~* Esper *~ Offline

CS, I'm glad you brought up the point of Wiccans. I myself am a Wiccan, and that is how I gained TK ability. I am surprised how much you knew about it. Wicca is a religion, and like you said, a lifestyle. Our "rituals" are acts in which we can summon a God or Goddess to help us in our quest for something. Wiccans have been around longer than any other religion. There are artifacts and drawings from the Stone Age that show evidence of Witchcraft and Wicca. Anyway ......

I can't move cars or anything, but I can lift pencils. Telekinesis is more than you think. It's about connecting energy. Everything in the universe has energy, molucules(sp?) if you will. When you use TK, you connect yourself with those molucules, which in turn, you affect it. That's exactly how bending a spoon works.

The idea that we only use 10% of our brain is false. We only use 10% of it at ONE time. Using 100% of it at one time is the diffucult part. Like, genuises use about 20% of their brain at ONE time.

But, it is true. There is a man, named Uri Geller, who is a scientifically proven telekinetic. He can bend spoons, move things, etc. The ability is real. Coincidences like knowing who's calling and stuff is latent Telepathy. TK like many other mental abilities is about FOCUS.

Just because it isn't "normal" doesn't mean it's something to disregard or pay no attention to. It's something that some people would think you're weird for. Anybody can do it. Cavemen are thought to have possessed this ability.

Final thought, the ability is real. If you've tried and don't get it right away doesn't mean it's false, because it's about FOCUS. Training your mind and body is important. Meditation is a must. You have to gradually become stronger and stronger.

P.S. - A great way to start is by trying to control the motion of a flame on a candle.

~* Esper *~
Old 06-07-2004, 01:41 AM
gamevoid Offline
Experienced Trainer

[QUOTE=~* Esper *~]CS, I'm glad you brought up the point of Wiccans. I myself am a Wiccan, and that is how I gained TK ability. I am surprised how much you knew about it. Wicca is a religion, and like you said, a lifestyle. Our "rituals" are acts in which we can summon a God or Goddess to help us in our quest for something. Wiccans have been around longer than any other religion. There are artifacts and drawings from the Stone Age that show evidence of Witchcraft and Wicca. Anyway ......

Quote:
I can't move cars or anything, but I can lift pencils. Telekinesis is more than you think. It's about connecting energy. Everything in the universe has energy, molucules(sp?) if you will. When you use TK, you connect yourself with those molucules, which in turn, you affect it. That's exactly how bending a spoon works.
Thank you for saying it that way thats how I was trying to say it but I dont want to be a science freak on the net like I am at home and stuff so thanks

Quote:
The idea that we only use 10% of our brain is false. We only use 10% of it at ONE time. Using 100% of it at one time is the diffucult part. Like, genuises use about 20% of their brain at ONE time.
O sorry for the missleading info B(

Quote:
But, it is true. There is a man, named Uri Geller, who is a scientifically proven telekinetic. He can bend spoons, move things, etc. The ability is real. Coincidences like knowing who's calling and stuff is latent Telepathy. TK like many other mental abilities is about FOCUS.
Thats the name

Quote:
Just because it isn't "normal" doesn't mean it's something to disregard or pay no attention to. It's something that some people would think you're weird for. Anybody can do it. Cavemen are thought to have possessed this ability.

Final thought, the ability is real. If you've tried and don't get it right away doesn't mean it's false, because it's about FOCUS. Training your mind and body is important. Meditation is a must. You have to gradually become stronger and stronger.

P.S. - A great way to start is by trying to control the motion of a flame on a candle.

~* Esper *~
I thogh that the "psiwhell" was better? O well
Old 06-11-2004, 10:35 PM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Science isn't all written down, there are many things deep under the sea and in the rainforest that we don't even know about, and we don't even know how to make a machine that can do everything a cockroach can do. No one really knows what the brain is capable and some animals such as dogs have been proven to be able to know certain things... Not all things have been proven yet either so just because a science book says it isn't possible doesn't neccisarily mean it's impossible.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:51 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven
Science isn't all written down, there are many things deep under the sea and in the rainforest that we don't even know about, and we don't even know how to make a machine that can do everything a cockroach can do. No one really knows what the brain is capable and some animals such as dogs have been proven to be able to know certain things... Not all things have been proven yet either so just because a science book says it isn't possible doesn't neccisarily mean it's impossible.
I totaly agree with you. These things are called mysteries (Sp?) of life, it can't be revealed easily and it looks like its impossible to be done but it isn't. Beside...people at first place thought that earth is flat but the MYSTERY got revealed and so will other mysteries...just let them take their time to be discovered...

"Fight for freedom. Fight for glory. Fight to win!"
I am back
Old 06-12-2004, 04:18 PM
Lightning Offline
Banned

Ah, the only proof I can get is if I saw it in real life. Not on videos, because I have some clear string that I could use to make something look like it's telekenesis.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:40 AM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer San
I totaly agree with you. These things are called mysteries (Sp?) of life, it can't be revealed easily and it looks like its impossible to be done but it isn't. Beside...people at first place thought that earth is flat but the MYSTERY got revealed and so will other mysteries...just let them take their time to be discovered...
Just like we know we're the only living things (yeah... I know... ) but we are learning that our solar system may not be so uncommon as we may think. There are so many things out there it's incredible... just thinking that there is no limit to the size of things, it's just infinitly small... so atoms can be like solar systems and there are even smaller types of atoms on those solar systems... We could be an atom that's part of something (the milky way) that's like on a rock in an even bigger system... it's just infinite... how it all exists is unknown...
Old 06-13-2004, 09:53 AM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San

Exactly...univewrse is bigger than our minds can handle. We can't know everything in it since we are the smallest things in it anyway.

"Fight for freedom. Fight for glory. Fight to win!"
I am back
Old 06-25-2004, 11:15 PM
Crimson Spider Offline
Experienced Trainer

O.K. I'll make a few points.

Ever been to a magic show? Basically, a magician is fake, and they admit it. All the stunts they do are tricks. Now, a magician can do each and every single little act that telekinetics can, and it's fake, then what makes theirs real? Answer: Nothing.

Second, we aren't doing anything. We aren't using energy to lift up a pencil. We pray, and someone else goes and lifts up the pencil. There isn't energy, which is a blanket term for something that isn't matter. I know more about physics than anyone here, and I can tell you that no energy is involved. You don't "Focus". You put your selective attention to it while stressing certain muscles in your body.

Third: Uri Geller is a fake. He has been scientifically disproven, and I even have an interesting story about him.

Once, he went onto a TV show to bend a spoon, like he always does. Thing is, one of the hosts switched his spoon with another spoon, and didn't tell Geller. Then when Geller tried to bend the spoon, he couldn't.

About the brain: We use 60% of our brain at any one time, except when we sleep. It takes our brain a constant 30% working just to see alone, let alone our other 5 senses, and to comprehend and think about it. Everything else is for abstract thinking, and memory storage.

That 10% thing came from the 70's. They would shock parts of the brain, and look for stimulus from the body I.E. a finger moving. Only 10% of the brain made obvious body movements, so they jumped to conclusions, and said that's all we use.

Gotta go.

Sup, Dog? Check this out.
http://www.liliy.net/mdak/guestart.html
Old 06-26-2004, 01:52 AM
~* Esper *~ Offline

Crimson Spider- If you know so much about psychics, learn how to spell it. LOL. Anyway, how do you know that. Everything we do is from energy. Mainly kinetic energy, the energy of movement. Energy is the source of life. Our brain messages from it to the parts of our body to make the do whatever is done from energy, duh.

Scientists, very renowned, and very smart ones believe that the cavemen had TK. You obviously don't know the most about psychics apart from anyone here. You are every smart, I can tell, and I admit that. But, you don't know everything.

I am basically a bookworm about the Supernatural and Paranormal. I know a lot, but nearly not it all. But I do know that some things you say are completely wrong.
Old 06-26-2004, 05:31 AM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~* Esper *~
Crimson Spider- If you know so much about psychics, learn how to spell it. LOL. Anyway, how do you know that. Everything we do is from energy. Mainly kinetic energy, the energy of movement. Energy is the source of life. Our brain messages from it to the parts of our body to make the do whatever is done from energy, duh.

Scientists, very renowned, and very smart ones believe that the cavemen had TK. You obviously don't know the most about psychics apart from anyone here. You are every smart, I can tell, and I admit that. But, you don't know everything.

I am basically a bookworm about the Supernatural and Paranormal. I know a lot, but nearly not it all. But I do know that some things you say are completely wrong.
I believe he was spelling physics not psychics. ya know fizz-ics

This suit is black not.

Last edited by JohtoTrainer; 06-26-2004 at 06:49 AM.
Old 06-26-2004, 07:41 AM
[Fair] Offline

Send a message via AIM to [Fair]

I've always tried to keep an open mind about everything in life. Do aliens exist? They might. Is it possible to walk on water? Who knows? Will the sun just randomly collide with the Earth someday? Maybe. Is it possible to spontaneously combust? It might be. What's to say there isn't something that science hasn't found yet that might make that happen?

When it comes to things like Telekinetics, I'm hopeful that it does exist, but since nothing is proven, I don't know. A few years ago, I was obsessed with this kind of stuff. I tried to find all that I could about it, hoping to come across some definite proof. But all I could find were random websites of die hard believers, just as determined skeptics, and tight-knit groups of message board posters.

As always, I remain open minded - ready for somebody to point me in the right direction. Esper, we've gotta talk!