Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 08-06-2006, 04:30 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Pokemon.com Interviews Hulk Hogan!

Pokemon.com Interviews Hulk Hogan!
-08/05/06-

The official Pokemon website, Pokemon.com, interviewed Hulk Hogan as the Party of the Decade soon approaches. Hulk Hogan will be at the event and crown the Pokemon Video Game National Champions on stage. From the interview we learn that Hulk Hogan is definitely no stranger to Pokemon. He said his son, Nick, is a "huge Poke-maniac." He also says that his wife Linda and daughter Brooke "knows a thing or two about Pokemon as well." You can read the entire interview below:

Pokemon.com Interview with Hulk Hogan
Q: Hulk, we're really excited to have you join us at the Party of the Decade as we celebrate 10 years of Pokemon live at Bryant Park! How are you preparing for the big day?
A: Practicing my Pokemon skills, of course! I'm really excited to be a part of this huge event. 10 years of Pokemon is something to be really proud of! And it keeps expanding, and getting bigger and better!

Q: With your storied career you obviously know what it takes to be a Champion. What advice do you have for our Pokemon Video Game National Championship finalists?
A: Have fun, dudes! I've always had fun with all the different challenges in my life; whether it's in the ring, raising a family, or on the big screen. You have to believe in yourself, work hard, and strive to be the best in what you do.

Q: How did you first hear about Pokemon? Through your kids? Please tell us.
A: My son Nick is a huge Poke-maniac! He's got tons of Pokemon trading cards, and he's played the video games too! I don't know if he's quite ready to take on the National Finalists, but knowing his competitive spirit, he would certainly go out there and want to win! And my wife Linda and daughter Brooke knows a thing or two about Pokemon as well.

Q: We can tell how important family and fun are to you. We've gotten to know your daughter (Brooke) and son (Nick) from Hogan Knows Best. What values do you encourage in your kids that you would recommend to Pokemon fans?
A: I encourage kids to believe in themselves. Everyone has it in them to be a leader when they need to step up and tackle a challenge. But you've got to be a team player as well, everyone can use a little help from their friends. Always have respect for your parents and teachers, because they're cool, and want you to succeed in every way.

Q: An upcoming tagline for the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games (the upcoming Pokemon video games) asks: What would you do if you woke up one day and you were a Pokemon? Hulk, whatcha gonna do?
A: I'd be ready for all challenges, I 'd carry a Rescue Team on my back, swimming through the waters, running hard and fast through the lands. And I'd have to bring all my Pokemon friends together and tell them - Watcha gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on you!

Q: Why are you so popular with both kids and parents?
A: When "Hulkamania" first started all the little Hulkamaniacs believed in me, and more importantly, in themselves. They would be the ones telling their moms and dads to take their vitamins, and to believe in themselves. Now as they grow up, they pass on these values to today's kids.

Q: What's your favorite Pokemon character and why?
A: Well I've got a few...you've got to go with Pikachu because it's got my signature colors (yellow and red). But you've gotta respect Machamp, dude, with its huge pythons [muscles]. And let's not forget the legendary Pokemon either!

-Interview from Pokemon.com

Party of the Decade Details
Who: Everyone! This event will be fabulous and free!
When: Tuesday, August 8th, 2006, from 10 AM to 5 PM (New York City has officially been declared Pokemon Day for the occasion!)
Where: Bryant Park, located on 6th Avenue between 40th and 42nd Street - right in the heart of New York City!
What: You'll get to see cool stage performances including Pokemon characters, live music, and special guests, plus the first live US appearance of a particular Pokemon character! Check out games, activities, prizes, and more, including a chance to try out our upcoming game, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, long before it hits the stores! What's more, bring your Game Boy Advance and your Pokemon FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald Game Pak, because you can download some of our fan-selected top 20 Pokemon characters!

For more information, check out the official site at Pokemon.com for live coverage. And also check out our coverage of the event here on Pokemon Elite 2000: Party of the Decade.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:37 PM
RyuKen Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: Pokemon.com Interviews Hulk Hogan!

I live in delray beach and when ever I go to south beach I usually see him and his family just eating out and shopping. Ive only said hi once though.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:40 PM
Nasty Plasty Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Nasty Plasty Send a message via MSN to Nasty Plasty

When I read this, I had one thing to say

"HULK HOGAN LIKEZ POKEMON!"
Old 08-06-2006, 11:46 PM
Hypocrisy is Fun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Hypocrisy is Fun

This confuses me very much.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:01 AM
Sky Fire Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sky Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chao Breeder View Post
When I read this, I had one thing to say

"HULK HOGAN LIKEZ POKEMON!"
Me too. I never really knew wrestlers like Pokemon. Well... Machop, Machoke, Machamp, Makuhita, and Hariyama are for exception. Those are fighting type Pokemon.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:13 AM
Lotad Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Lotad

That seems interesting. It's weird to actually know that Hogan likes Pokemon. Probably because of his children.

{URPG} | {Sparkz // Mastered @ 8,693} | {Anime}
-.- I'm taking a small minor break from Pe2K, as well as chatting on AIM... I'll probably be back May 15th, though I may not be on till the 28th for some reason.
This doesn't mean I drop out of everything I'm doing though... =/
Old 08-08-2006, 04:37 AM
grimnasty Offline
New Trainer

hulk hogan will whip up on some randy orton at summerslam
Old 08-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Poltergeist Offline

Hulks team probably always has at least one fighting Pokemon. Bet his favorite is Machamp.