Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 05-22-2004, 12:07 AM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Scorch Ry
Default Dragon I: Mystical Legends

Dragon I: Mystical Legends
Chapter 1: Mystical Awakening Of A New Trainer!
It was a spectacular sunny day as Kevin Earth had awoken from his sleep. Kevin Earth was not your average thirteen year-old boy; he was more of the adventurous type. Kevin had black hair that was in a very wavy and smooth to brush.

He had a set of hazel eyes that matched his caramel skin tone. But, for a thirteen year-old, Kevin was pretty muscular. He had strong, muscular arms, a muscular figure and was now developing a six-pack abs. No wonder all of the girls were always interested in Kevin!

As for Kevin’s style, since he was now growing up, he needed to go for his appeal and interest. So, he was wearing a blue jean outfit, which consisted of a blue jean jacket, a pair of blue jeans, and a blue jeans hat.

First, the blue jeans jacket was open, revealing his caramel abs and upper body. The jacket had buttons so you could button the jacket up if the temperature was too cold. The blue jeans were made by “?Guess?”, which is the most popular clothing brand to buy around this time.

The blue jeans hat was just a normal hat made with blue jeans material. And with his all-white AirForceOnes, Kevin Earth had the best outfit a person could ever have! So, basically, Kevin Earth was beginning to realize that he was now growing up…

But, today wasn’t a normal day. Today, Kevin would receive his first pokemon from the one and only Professor Elm! Professor Elm was one of the most smartest and logical professors around, and Kevin would finally get his first pokemon he dreamed of!

Since the regular starters were gone, which were Chikorita, Totodile and Cyndaquil, Professor Elm had saved Kevin a special pokemon that was only available in the Hoenn Region. So, as Kevin took his shower, he began thinking of the pokemon he wanted…a Flygon!

You see, Kevin loved dragon pokemon a lot; they were the only type of pokemon to defeat every other type of pokemon there were around. They moved with elegance, had high-speed rates and great attack power.

They were so fast that they didn’t need to have good defense, even though their defense is too remarkable. But, Kevin’s favorite pokemon was definitely Flygon because it wasn’t just a dragon pokemon; Flygon was a ground pokemon as well!

With its magnificent, large green and red wings, Flygon had the best speed rates compared to all of the other dragon pokemon. And Flygon also had great Special Attack rates so when using an attack like Sandstorm, it would be more effective rather than a Baltoy using it and making the opponent suffer less.

Kevin ran down a flight of white marble stairs, entering the spacious kitchen of his home. The kitchen was nicely done; it had a marble brown floor, while the ceiling was painted beige in color. The counter-tops were actually made of smooth, black stone, which was good for cutting vegetables and fruits like onions and celery.

Kevin began smelling the sweet smell of food and there was his mother, cooking scrambled eggs on the stove. His mother, LaNesha Earth, also had hazel eyes. But, she had long, brown hair, which she always wore down.

But, she was a lawyer, so she didn’t have much to wear to her job but just a black pants suit with some expensive black shoes to match. She placed her suitcase next to her feet and began cooking some eggs. She looked at her son, Kevin, and smiled.

“Morning, Kevin!” she happily said.

“Mornin’, mom,” Kevin said, releasing a yawn.

“So, cooking breakfast?” Kevin asked.

“For me, yes. For you, you can cook your own. You are thirteen now, and there’s no excuse to why you can’t cook!” His mother said, smiling nicely.

“Fine…I wasn’t hungry anyway.” Kevin replied.

“Yeah…sure you weren’t…oh, but I made you some sandwiches for your journey. They have turkey, shredded lettuce, cheese and mustard on them.” She said, still cooking her breakfast before she would head off to work.

“Thanks.”

As Kevin’s mom looked at her watch, she immediately turned off her scrambled eggs and began to eat them quickly.

“Mom…remember what happened last time…you nearly gagged off of your toast last year. Imagine what eggs can do!” Kevin said, smiling.

His mother looked very funny, gulping her breakfast like a hungry Walrein.

Kevin was outside; watering the flowerbeds while his mother was taking her 2004 Silver Mercedes out of the garage. As Kevin looked at his blue watch, he noticed that it was time for his mother to leave for work.

He also knew that this would be his last time being here with his mother for a long time. As Kevin placed the gardening hose down, he waved goodbye to his mother and she smiled.

“Chad is at school, so you might be seeing him in like a year or two. Take care, Kevin.” His mother said, waving proudly.

She wouldn’t be sad that Kevin was going to be gone; she would actually have more freedom in the house with her new boyfriend. Kevin waved proudly and as she drove away, he knew that his journey was now beginning!

New Bark Town was very, very small; there were only 2 homes and a Pokemon Laboratory in the town. The trees were elm trees with pink leaves that were being rustled around by the calm, cool breezes.

The skies were clear and the sun was beaming on the town with the hot temperatures. A flock of Murkrow flew above the town, flapping their black wings rapidly. Meanwhile, a clan of Carvanha was beginning to invade the small lake east of the town, which headed to an unknown place.

The homes were very original, however. The two homes were made of brick, while the Pokemon Laboratory was made from blue bricks. As Kevin began walking towards the large building, he suddenly began checking to make sure he had everything he needed for his journey.

He had his six pokeballs for capturing pokemon; his Pokenav his mother gave him, and his thin, plain black pokemon necklass for his first pokemon’s pokeball. That way, they would know that he was the trainer of a champion pokemon.

Finally, Kevin had made it to the Pokemon Laboratory doors. They were gray glass plates with their handles being made of steel. The roof matched the blue coating of the laboratory, but had an oval shape roof style.

This was definitely a different style of roofing! He placed his right hand on the handle and opened the door nervously, hoping that he would get his long-awaited dragon pokemon to be…

The laboratory was very impressive, having tons and tons of machines! There were about 6 tall, ancient brown bookcases that held over 200 books of studying pokemon natures. The windows were cracked open, letting a small breeze inside of the building.

He began looking around, seeing if Professor Elm was near. He would be easy to spot, no doubt. Professor Elm was a thin man with spiky-brown hair and green eyes.

He would usually wear a green t-shirt and beige pants, which he would wear under his long, white lab coat. And since Professor Elm wore glasses, which would definitely, make him easier to spot out.

“Hello? Professor Elm?” Kevin called out.

“Looking for me?” someone said.

Kevin turned around, spotting a thin man wearing a white lab coat. This was indeed Professor Elm himself.

“Hi, Professor Elm!” Kevin happily said.

“Ah, you must be Kevin Earth, our new neighbors that moved here a week ago. Hello.” Professor Elm replied, smiling.

“Yeah, we did move here a week ago.” Kevin responded.

“And how is New Bark Town so far?” Professor Elm asked.

“It’s pretty nice here. It’s quiet here and that makes it easier to sleep at night.” Kevin responded.

“Also, it makes it easier to get ready for work!” Professor Elm added.

They both released a small laugh.

“So, Kevin…before I give you your first pokemon, take this.” Professor Elm said, holding out some red, mechanical device.

It appeared to be some type of gameboy game, but Kevin knew that it couldn’t have been!

He took it, examined it, and asked, “What is this?”

“Kevin, this is a Pokedex,” Professor Elm explained.

“This device is for recording how many different pokemon you are able to find. This also tells you the pokemon’s moves, the name of a move it learnt and plays a small summary of the pokemon’s data.”

Surprised, Kevin took the pokedex from Professor Elm and placed it in his pocket.

“And here is a badgecase. This is for when you challenge gym leaders around Johto. When you win, they will award their gym badge.”

Kevin also took the brown badgecase and placed it in his blue Nike bag he was wearing.

Then, Professor Elm took out a pokeball and pushed the silver button to enlarge it. Kevin began to get nervous again, hoping that he would get a dragon pokemon. But, he had to realize that the possibilities of getting a dragon pokemon would be slim to none. But, he was still nervous.

Professor Elm smiled and said, “Here’s your pokemon, Kevin!”

Suddenly, the pokeball opened and a white figure landed onto the ground. Kevin watched in amazement as the white figure began to take its color in, leading to a very unusual pokemon.

GAME DATA & ANALYSIS COMING VERY SOON.

Last edited by Scorch Ry; 06-05-2004 at 01:12 AM.
Old 05-22-2004, 12:08 AM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Dragon: Mystical Legends

The pokemon was brown, having a very huge head. It had star pupil eyes that glittered nicely. The pokemon’s mouth was apart of its head, having an impressive set of sharp teeth.

Now, on the pokemon’s body, it was shaped like a turtle shell only the pokemon couldn’t withdraw in it. Also, its legs were like brown tubes, making this pokemon very interesting.

As the pokemon looked above at the human, it smiled and began saying, “Trap Trap!”

Kevin smiled with happiness; he had gotten the pokemon he truly awaited for!

Kevin picked up the pokemon and said, “This is mine? This is my Trapinch?”

Professor Elm smiled and nodded.

“Yes, Kevin. This is your Trapinch. Your mother told me that you loved Flygon, so a Trapinch would be great for a starter trainer like you. Just make sure to give each of your pokemon love, attention, loyalty and affection.” He said, happy that Kevin was happy.

Happily, Kevin and his new Trapinch walked out of the Pokemon Laboratory, ready to start their journey. They would come across tons of trainers, engage into many battles and hopefully become one of the best pokemon trainers around Johto.

Professor Elm quickly caught up with Kevin and said, “Kevin, you know where to go?”

Disappointed, Kevin shook his head.

“No, I don’t. But, isn’t it Cherrygrove City?” Kevin asked.

Trapinch looked at his new trainer and smiled while they continued to speak.

“Yes, your first stop will be Cherrygrove City. The first gym will be in Violet City; the Gym Leader is named Falkner. So, go ahead and train good!” Professor Elm encouraged.

Happy, Kevin waved goodbye to Professor Elm and headed down Route 29, where his adventure would begin

Old 05-22-2004, 12:10 AM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to KCash

I was just wondering when you were going to post your fic up here. Seriously, like just a few seconds ago.

You have a great start going on here. It will be neat to see the pokemon that Kevin catches but remember not to make them to god-like!

Luckily I can read this like I wanted to with CKB. I know this fic will be just as great!

Old 05-22-2004, 02:38 PM
Phoenix004 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Phoenix004 Send a message via MSN to Phoenix004

This story looks great so far Aleyquala! I just know this is going to be a brilliant fic. However, I do agree with KCash thatr you shouldn't make the Pokemon too powerful. Also, is it just me, or are quite a few people in these fics called Kevin? Don't worry, I'm not accusing anyone of copying.
Anyway, please update soon, I want to know what Pokemon he'll get next. Keep it up!

"Remember, battles may be won or lost but if the battlers do not learn, the battle served no purpose."
Old 05-22-2004, 11:07 PM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

KCash & Phoenix004: Thank you both for the compliment! Why would I forget about my pals at PE2K? This improvement came from you guys, so I will always post my stories here. I will be posting chapter every day until this story is caught up with the one at SerebiiForums.

Old 05-24-2004, 11:57 PM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Exclamation Re: Dragon: Mystical Legends

Somebody Has Rated my fic again! Please, NO MORE RATINGS UNTIL AFTER CHAPTER 4! PLEASE!!!!! Anyways, here comes a new chapter! No rating yet! Enjoy! ^__^.
Chapter 2: A Rata-Tat Attack!
{Trapinch, the Sand Dig pokemon. Trapinch usually hide away under smooth, thin sand to either do a surprise attack or to hide away from predators such as Sandslash and Cacturne. Trapinch’s attacks are Bite and Sand-Attack. Trapinch evolves into Vibrava, then Flygon.}

The pokedex repeated from the recorded data it received from Kevin’s Trapinch. Kevin looked down at his brown pokemon and smiled nicely.

“Trapinch, you are the best pokemon in the entire world!” Kevin mouthed off.

Trapinch gracefully adored those words and happily smiled back.

Kevin, with his new beloved Trapinch, walked down the ever-lasting Route 29, hoping to cross over to get to Cherrygrove City. Kevin didn’t like Route 29 very much; there weren’t any pokemon and there were nothing but trees and grass.

As usual, the grass was green and was nicely cut with one of those expensive, indestructible lawnmowers. The pine trees’ dark green leafs was being rustled on their branches by the calm, cool wind that was breezing around in the area.

Trapinch blinked its star-pupil eyes and gazed around, noticing a sudden change in the area. Trapinch felt like someone had arrived in the area and to be honest, Trapinch was having the right feeling…

Kevin walked up to one of the pine trees and noticed a green berry on the trees. Kevin reached up and picked one of the berries and examined it, wondering what kind of berry it was.

The berry was light green, had swirls of white around it and had that fresh pine scent. The berry was a medium-sized one and had an oval, pointy shape to it.

After examining, Kevin thought, “These must be Sitrus Berries.”

He decided that he could use a few Sitrus Berries so he began picking a bunch of them. Kevin could actually use them to make Pokeblocks, or in other words, pokemon candy.

By using a berry-blending electrical machine, they would cut and blend the berries together, then harden up the berry mix to create the candies.

“It’s a good thing that you can eat these kind of candies, Trapinch,” Kevin said to Trapinch. “Otherwise, humans like me would get sick from eating these kind of berries.”

Trapinch gazed up at its trainer and smiled, wondering why humans couldn’t eat berries even though pokemon could…

As Kevin continued picking Sitrus Berries, he suddenly heard a deep, manly voice.

“Hey you…boy! Turn around and face me now!” the person said in an angry voice.

Kevin turned around and looked upon a boy. The boy had wavy, black hair that was nicely cut and combed with a wave brush. He was wearing a green t-shirt with matching green shorts.

The boy also had beady, shifty hazel eyes to match his entire appeal. With a gold earring in his left ear, this boy was known other than a member of some street clan or alley gang. He looked at Kevin angrily and began speaking in his dark, deep voice.

“I heard you got a Trapinch from Professor Elm,” the boy said.

“And what if I did?” Kevin asked, beginning to take the defensive side of the conversation.

“I wanted to be the first trainer to test you…to see if you actually deserve such a rare pokemon,” the boy replied. “My name’s Hector.”

“My name’s Kevin Earth. So, it sounds to me like you want to battle me.” Kevin responded, smirking.

Kevin wanted to battle, so he wanted to talk Hector into battling him. After all, Kevin wanted to battle sooner or later!

As Hector grabbed for a pokeball on his belt, he said, “Sure, I would love to battle you. Get ready to lose, you amateur.”

Hector quickly got out a pokeball and got ready for battle.

Kevin looked down at Trapinch and asked, “You ready for your first battle, buddy?”

Trapinch suddenly saw how determined his friend and trainer was and decided to go for it.

Trapinch blinked his star-pupil eyes and said, “Trapppp Trap.”

With this indication, Kevin knew that Trapinch accepted the offer and suddenly began getting hyped up about his very first battle.

Kevin stared into the eyes of his trainer and said, “Looks like we are going to battle then!”

“Let’s do this, Rattata!” Hector yelled out.

He threw out his pokeball into the air, making it have a spinning rotation in the air. It opened and released a purple rat. It had one set of white whiskers that would help it move around more whenever it was nighttime.

Its eyes were red and mean looking, while its body was purple. However, the belly of this rat pokemon was white in color to match the color of this pokemon’s sharp claws.

Its ears were clean and purple, while its long, vicious sharp teeth were also clean, but white in color. Together, this pokemon looked like a threat for beginning trainers.

“What’s that pokemon?” Kevin asked himself.

To get his answer, Kevin took out his pokedex and scanned the rat pokemon.

{Rattata, the rat pokemon. Rattata can be very vicious whenever coming across battle. Rattata will often run away whenever trying to be captured by local pokemon trainers, due to the fact that Rattata don’t like humans very much. However, Rattata can learn a variety of moves like Tail Whip, Quick Attack and a new early move called Iron Tail.}

Hector’s Rattata suddenly stared at Kevin’s brown dig pokemon and jumped back, hissing it away from it. Kevin looked down and smiled at his Trapinch, as it got loose from its grip, staring down its very first opponent, Rattata.

Kevin was now getting a little nervous since he wanted to win his first battle very badly. But, Hector also wanted to win the battle badly, so they were both even at this stage.

“You ready?” Hector asked.

Kevin looked down at Trapinch, seeing that it was ready for battle. He, too, had to be ready.

“Sure, I’m ready! Let’s get down!” Kevin anxiously barked, ready to have his very first battle!

Old 05-24-2004, 11:58 PM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Arrow Re: Dragon: Mystical Legends

<^><^><^><^><^>
In the large rivers of Route 27, waves began to grow larger and larger. Wild Venusaur and their young, Ivysaur and Bulbasaur, began to crowd near the river, seeing that there was something in the water.

Suddenly, a gigantic submarine had arisen from the underwater depths, quickly scaring away the local Venusaur, Ivysaur and Bulbasaur. The submarine was long in length, having an astounding darkblue in color.

As the color sparkled on the ship, you could now see the white, circular windows that were near the front and in the middle section of the submarine.

But, there was something extraordinary about this submarine. There was some type of white-painted symbol in between two windows. The symbol looked like a cross bone, excluding the ‘X’ symbol.

The bone symbol was in the shape, but hallowed darkblue. It appeared to be a set of legs on the outline of the bone picture with two twigs on each side of the leg. There was also a little horn on the tip of the bone head, making this symbol look to have legs, but were actually wings.

As the submarine arisen from underwater, the clean water began crashing down on the tall, blue-green grass. A clan of Doduo chirped angrily from being hit with the water, but they scampered off when the top opening part of the submarine swung open.

“Be quiet, you stupid birds!” Someone yelled out. “Crawdaunt, handle them!”

Suddenly, a pokeball flew out of the submarine and opened, releasing a large white figure. As it took in its color, the wild Doduo backed away, looking at the horrible crab pokemon…
<^><^><^><^><^>
“Rattata, use Tackle!” Hector ordered.

“Rat…tata Rattattttt!” Rattata roared out as it charged forth towards the brown sand dig pokemon.

Watching in horror, Kevin looked as Rattata raced down towards his Trapinch, almost in contact with it. Unfortunately, Rattata charged straight into Trapinch, hurting it very badly.

“Traapppp!” Trapinch screamed out, injured from the Tackle attack.

Kevin began to get worried about his Trapinch, but when Trapinch got back on its feet that made Kevin feel better. Now, it was time for Kevin to command his attack!

“Trapinch, use, um…Sand-Attack!” Kevin commanded.

Trapinch angrily turned around and began kicking the grass, making piles of pure brown dirt fly across the field towards the purple rat.

“Dodge, Rattata!” Hector barked out.

Kevin was very surprised with this command coming from Hector. To make it worse, Hector’s Rattata jumped up to dodge the Sand-Attack, making Kevin very sad.

“Why did he have to dodge?” Kevin sobbed sadly under his breath.

Now that Kevin knew that pokemon could dodge attacks, he began to become angry. This little purple rat dodged his Trapinch’s Sand-Attack and was ready for a command.

“Rattata, use Quick Attack!” Hector yelped out.

“Trapinch, use Sand-Attack again! Get that nasty rat!” Kevin yelled out anxiously.

Rattata perfectly landed on the slick, green grass, growling at the brown sand dig pokemon angrily. Then, it scampered off towards Trapinch, running swiftly with elegance.

However, Trapinch began kicking dirt using its back legs. As the dirt flew across the field, the Sand-Attack happened to strike Rattata!

The Sand-Attack had stricken Rattata in its eyes, blinding its perfect 20/20 vision. Kevin cavorted around, happy that his Trapinch’s Sand-Attack had worked on Rattata!

“Now, it’s time to finish you off, Rattata!” Kevin happily yelled out, ready to do massive damage now…
<^><^><^><^><^>
The red crab looked furiously at the wild Doduo, ready to attack them with no mercy on its claws. This pokemon had the similar shape to a lobster, only buffer and larger.

Its belly was scaly and lightblue, while a yellow, medium-sized star rested on the top of its red head. Its body was also scaly, shining a red in color. Its legs were just like a lobster’s, only they were larger in height.

But what made this pokemon had a powerful appeal was its large, red, sharp claws. They were the same color as its scaly body, with the tips of the claw being as sharp as the tip of a screwdriver drill.

“Craw Crawdaunt Craw!” Crawdaunt roared out, beginning to scare the wild Doduo.

Then, a hand appeared from the inside of the submarine. Suddenly, a person climbed out of the submarine, having a very mean look. This person was a male, having his long brown hair in a ponytail.

This man was very, very muscular, having a great attitude about fitness and health. Sunglasses concealed his eyes, while the top of his head was under a lightblue bandana. He was wearing a lightblue muscle shirt, with darkblue jogging pants.

The only thing that was suspicious was that on the bandana, the side of the jogging pants legs and on the short sleeves, the white symbol that was on the submarine was imprinted on the specific areas of the entire outfit.

Angry, the man said, “You don’t know me, you little nasty birds! I am Thomas, the executive of this organization. Crawdaunt, use Bubblebeam!”

Crawdaunt opened its two sharp claws, shooting out medium-sized water cannons. As they struck the wild Doduo, Thomas gazed up. He witnessed a large creature jumping from a mountain, looking to head towards the ground where the Doduo were…
<^><^><^><^><^>
“Trapinch, use Bite!” Kevin happily commanded.

Trapinch walked fast towards Rattata and opened its mouth, ready to perform its Bite attack. Blinded, Rattata was unable to see which way Trapinch was coming from. So, Rattata began moving around, actually heading towards Trapinch!

“Rattata, wrong way!!” Hector yelled out.

Frightened, Rattata stood there as Trapinch bit Rattata’s tail. Then, using its good strength, Trapinch repeatedly slammed Rattata on the ground, using its Bite attack. Finally, Trapinch gave it one last slam before letting its grip loose.

Rattata was spread out on the ground, very hurt from the attack and tired. Then, Trapinch disappeared, shocking Kevin with fear and sadness! Kevin began to hang his head once again.

“Trapinch disappeared…no…what did I do? Maybe it didn’t like me…or maybe it was sick and its spirit floated away in the air…” Kevin sobbed away.

But, Trapinch suddenly reappeared, tackling Rattata with great power! Kevin looked up, seeing Rattata fainted and Trapinch walking towards Kevin.

“YAY! My Trapinch didn’t run away! YAY!” Kevin cheered out, very happy that his Trapinch didn’t abandon him or didn’t die!

Disappointed, Hector returned his Rattata to its pokeball, kissing his pokeball.

“You did great, Rattata. You deserve a nice rest.” Hector said, thankful that his Rattata did well in its first battle.

Meanwhile, Kevin picked up his Trapinch and hugged it, very excited about his first victory. Trapinch happily smiled, blinking its star-pupil eyes happily.

“Trapinch, you are the best there is!” Kevin congratulated.

Kevin Earth had his very first victory!
<^><^><^><^><^>
The wild creature landed in front of the wild Doduo, growling angrily at Thomas.

“This must be your mother, Dodrio…” Thomas said, seeing that the wild Dodrio was protecting the small Doduo.

“Crawdaunt, use Crabhammer!” Thomas ordered immediately.

Before Dodrio could attack first, Crawdaunt’s right claw began glowing white all over. With powerful strength, Crawdaunt smashed the wild Dodrio with its Crabhammer attack, making its entire body slam onto the ground.

The wild Doduo anxiously watched as Thomas suddenly began laughing a dark, mysterious, haunting laugh.

“Fowl creature, your power is nothing compared to ours of Team Aqua. Now, come with me now!” Thomas said.

Suddenly, he quickly pulled out one of his pokeballs and immediately threw it at the wild Dodrio. Successfully, the wild Doduo got away but sadly, Dodrio was too weakened to escape.

As it was sucked into the pokeball, the red and white device closed. Unfortunately, Thomas had successfully captured the wild Dodrio with a couple of moving actions of the pokeball. Thomas picked up the pokeball and began laughing loudly, disturbing the local wild pokemon of the area.

“Now that I have a Dodrio, I can breed it with my Ditto to have our team have Doduo and Dodrio on our side. Then, I will breed two more of them to create a Doduo with extraordinary attacks. Johto, watch out! Team Aqua has arrived!”

And Thomas closed his eyes and laughed very loudly, happy that he was on Team Aqua instead of Team Magma. Also, they would finally fulfill their final plans of capturing the water wind spirit of Johto…
<^><^><^><^><^>

Old 05-25-2004, 02:48 AM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Well I know you are a couple of chapters ahead of writing at Serebii but you must do a few things to complete your talent of writing which you didnt do in Critical Kingdom Battles: Make your main character lose. Now this is just the first battle so I'm not saying that Kevin should of lost but it just reminded me how Tony never lost in CKB, so just try to make sure Kevin isnt to god-like in this fic.

Congratulations! You have been added to my list of 'people who have helped me become a better writer'. Mainly because the way you describe pokemon. That's one of the best things about your fics is that you can describe a pokemon so well. Most people would've described a Geodude as a rocky texture boulder pokemon with long arms. You would've gone into a three paragraph description about it and I love that. If I didn't know what a Crawdaunt was then I would have a great image in my head after that last post. I hope I can describe pokemon just as well. Keep up the great work Aley! You've came a long ways!

Old 05-25-2004, 11:04 AM
Dr Skottie Offline

Send a message via MSN to Dr Skottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix004
Also, is it just me, or are quite a few people in these fics called Kevin? Don't worry, I'm not accusing anyone of copying.
Well quite frankly, I am accusing... I mean come on!! Your Kevin EARTH to my Kevin SUN. Not too obvious that . No offense but that really ticks me off. I started writing AAOAL over 3 yrs ago! ... you could have used a different name...
Old 05-25-2004, 01:00 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

He has a point Aleyquala. Although you have to remember Skottie that he's from Serebii basically. Therefor he's never seen your fic or has read it in the past and just forgot.

Old 05-26-2004, 02:05 AM
Dr Skottie Offline

Send a message via MSN to Dr Skottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCash
He has a point Aleyquala. Although you have to remember Skottie that he's from Serebii basically. Therefor he's never seen your fic or has read it in the past and just forgot.
Yeh I guess that could be possible... but i mean, COME ON! I think its way too close to just be a coincidence. I guess I can't really ask you to change his name... i havent actually read it yet btw, as soon as i saw Kevin Earth it put me off...
Old 06-02-2004, 12:59 AM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Chapter 3: The Learning Of Rayquaza
Kevin, holding his Trapinch in his arms, continued walking down his path, hoping to get to Cherrygrove City before night. It was only three fifty-seven p.m., but Kevin wanted to get an early sleep so he could travel onto Route 30, which would lead him straight to Violet City.

There, he could battle the Gym Leader to try his best to earn his very first badge. So, with all of this building up inside of Kevin’s head, that made him more and more anxious to get to Violet City!

As Kevin walked down the nicely cut green grass, he began wondering what pokemon he should try to capture. Passing up a clan of Sentret that were eating Pecha Berries in peace, he knew that he would have to have another pokemon with him if he were to defeat the Gym Leader of Violet City!

It was beginning to get a bit cool at the morning had turned to the afternoon division. The elegant blue skies were beginning to dim a little, letting the sunshine hide away in front of a clan of white, small clouds in the sky.

Apparently, these had to be wild Swablu since you could detect small lightblue dots in the sky. The trees that were growing the Pecha Berries and Sitrus Berries were now being blown by the winds that were beginning to pick up a little. As the breezes came along, wild Beedrill suddenly fluttered their light, clear wings to fly away from the trees.

“Buzz!” Beedrill roared out, quickly evading the trees as quickly as they could.

The leader Beedrill, who happened to be bigger than an average Beedrill, lead the group into the skies peacefully and calmly, hoping to find local trees to invade. With them flying away, tons of Pineco and Caterpie infested the trees, crawling up them slowly, yet determinatively.

Pineco hung themselves on the tree branches and fell fast asleep, happy that they found a brand new home. The Caterpie, however, began shining white, making the entire tree had a spectacular glow.

Suddenly, the Caterpie began changing form, or in other words, began evolving into their next form. As this white light emitted from the tree, Kevin turned around, seeing this beautiful scenery of the evolution. Though he began getting scared since he never saw an evolution before.

“What’s happening to those Caterpie?” Kevin thought to himself.

Trapinch watched in amazement as the wild green bug pokemon finally finished their evolution, evolving into their next form known as Metapod. Kevin finally knew that the Caterpie had evolved into their next form, and he took out his pokedex to record such a pokemon like this.

These Metapod took the exact appearance of a cocoon, only having a set of sleepy, regular eyes. Its eyes were sleepy because Metapod would often fall asleep to prepare for its final evolution into a Butterfree.

The end of its body had square slab designs, with its upper part having sharp cheeks. Excited about this, Kevin began listening to the data its pokedex had recorded about Metapod.

{Metapod, the Cocoon pokemon. Metapod is the evolved form of Caterpie, taking the type of bug. Metapod’s only move is Harden, due to the fact that Metapod evolves quickly. It will only take Metapod a day or less before evolving into a Butterfree. Though, Metapod are often and only raised for strong defense.}

Kevin looked at the magnificent wild Metapod as they fell asleep on the tree truck. Falling asleep easily, Kevin thought it would be wasting time watching a clan of Metapod sleeping quietly. Still amazed, Trapinch looked up at the sky, noticing a mystical green beast soaring in the clouds swiftly…

Beginning to feel the temperature hit the high seventies, Kevin and his Trapinch continued walking down the harsh and long Route 29. Beginning to get angered by this, Kevin began to complain.

“This is really tiring me out,” Kevin murmured. “I’m already in good shape, so why torture me like this? Why do I have to walk? I could of brought my bike with me, but stupid me said ‘oh you can walk, you can take it’…please, I can’t take it!”

About to stomp the grass furiously, something suddenly caught Kevin’s attention, making him forget about why he was mad and what he was about to do. His frown turned into a smile after witnessing some type of statue.

The statue was a long one and was made from white crystal marble. As it sparkled, Kevin began wondering what it was. This figure appeared to be a pokemon, like some shrine honoring it. The pokemon had a long, coral body and its tail looked like it could smash anything apart.

Its head was like a lizard’s, only its eyes were a bit larger than a lizard’s. The pokemon statue looked to have skinny arms with sharp claws that looked like they could tear apart anything, like glass or hard stone. With amazement, Kevin looked and began wondering what kind of pokemon this was.

“Whatever kind this pokemon is, it looks like it could be a winner!” Kevin thought, seeing that it had to be none other than a dragon-type pokemon!

Kevin looked down on the statue stool it was made on, noticing a small caption. It was printed in gold metal nicely, having a strong appeal to the entire piece of work. Kevin got down on his knees to read the caption....

Old 06-02-2004, 01:01 AM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

<For those whom seem to not know what this pokemon is, you might know it from books. Let this pokemon soar the sky peacefully and let it only meet guardians that will protect it from danger, though sometimes let it create some. The person whom seems to not know this pokemon might actually be the one to have the dragon possession of fatality to deadly alliances, power and peace>

“Huh?” Kevin thought out loud. “What does it mean?”

Then quickly, Kevin heard a voice coming from behind him.

“This small script means that by whoever doesn’t know the myth of Rayquaza might be the one to help it put death upon deadly teams, have full power over bad pokemon and to create peace among us humans and pokemon alike.”

Kevin swiftly got up and turned around, now facing a man holding some type of dragonfly pokemon. The man looked to be in his late forties, beginning to develop a gray beard on his chin.

His mustache was beginning to grow gray hairs while his hair on his head was smoothly brushed black. He had blue eyes and freckles on his cheeks. When he talked, Kevin also noticed that this man had dimples whenever he would talk.

The man was wearing a simple blue shirt with the shirt tucked in his beige pants. And with him wearing classy black shoes, this man had to be very old-fashioned or just simple.

The pokemon this man was holding had similar characteristics of a dragonfly. Its body was rigged, having the same body type like a Gyarados. This pokemon’s body was a sandy yellow in color and its eyes were big and a forest green in color tone.

The pokemon’s head was a little big, having a set of long antennas on its forehead. But, what really made this pokemon interesting was that it had wings that weren’t like a dragonfly’s wings. Its wings were black and green, shaped exactly like a full diamond.

Also, at the end of its body were two small diamonds shapes like that to help it float in the sky easier rather than depending on the wind to do this action for it.

To top it off, the pokemon’s feet were shaped a bit odd, having the appeal of a hump. Its four legs were black, making this pokemon very interesting.

“Wow, what’s that pokemon?” Kevin asked himself, fascinated with this dragonfly pokemon.

Kevin decided to take out his pokedex to consult his answer.

{Vibrava, the brave dragonfly pokemon. Vibrava’s wings are rather used to conduction ultrasonic waves since its wings haven’t developed all of the way. By vigorously making its two wings vibrate, this can bring massive headaches to humans nearby this action. Vibrava is the evolved form of Trapinch and dreams of evolving into Flygon.}

After hearing the specific data of this man’s Vibrava, Kevin suddenly began getting excited! Trapinch looked at the Vibrava and began to smile at it, seeing that it was one of its kind.

The reason Kevin was happy was because he knew that Trapinch would evolve into this one day hopefully! The pokemon looked very interesting and powerful, yet calm and loyal.

The man noticed that Kevin had a Trapinch in his possession and said, “I see that you have a Trapinch yourself young man.”

“Yes, I received this Trapinch from Professor Elm this morning!” Kevin cheered away.

“Well, it’s nice to finally see a trainer with a Trapinch. My name is Lustar, nice to meet you.” Lustar said, holding out his hand.

Kevin took his hands and they shook them while Kevin replied, “My name is Kevin Earth. It’s nice to meet you, too.”

Now that they met each other, they decided to continue about this small conversation about this statue and its script that went along with it.

Lustar and Kevin let their pokemon play along with each other. As Vibrava lowered toward the ground, Trapinch smiled and galloped after it, enjoying itself with such a fun friend like Vibrava. Meanwhile, Lustar and Kevin sat under a large tree and their conversation opened at once.

“So after the script, Lustar…I guess that means that I need to learn about it or something?” Kevin asked, beginning to get confused.

“Actually, you might not know it, but only people with possession of dragon pokemon are permitted to learn about this pokemon known as Rayquaza,” Lustar explained. “But since you have a Trapinch, which is considered a dragon, I shall explain the origin of this pokemon. So sit back, listen, and ask questions if you must. But only a chosen few can understand this legend, so you will not understand what I’m about to say to you. But it will be nice to know about Rayquaza.”

Old 06-02-2004, 01:02 AM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

So, Kevin opened his ears wide to listen to the myth. But there was something a bit strange about this conversation…like he knew that it would come or something…

“Long ago,” Lustar began. “There lived nothing but dragon pokemon. Dragon pokemon dwelled land, water and air, creating a flock of them all around the world. Above this entire place was the Golden Tower, where a pokemon named Rayquaza was born.”

“What’s a Rayquaza?” Kevin asked.

“A Rayquaza is a legend pokemon that was known as Ho-Oh’s long-ago brother and creator of the three legendary Regis. I’ll explain that later,” Lustar responded.

“Now, Rayquaza was also a dragon, but had the magical ability to producing a new type of dragon. Through these mystical powers, Rayquaza managed to create the dragon pokemon known as Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite, Charizard, Gyarados, Bagon, Shelgon, Salamence, Vibrava, Kingdra, and Flygon. Together, these pokemon roamed the entire earth, producing more and more of their kind. Rayquaza suddenly began getting warned out by this and decided to not rule over the dragon pokemon.” Lustar continued on.

“Probably so that the dragon pokemon wouldn’t have restricted rights and limits and they could have equal demands and dislikes like Rayquaza.” Kevin added.

Lustar stopped and said, “Hmm…only a few of them knew that…this is getting interesting.”

“Well, maybe it was a lucky guess…” Kevin thought.

“Maybe so,” Lustar replied. “But anyways, as the years went by, the race known as humans began invading Earth, developing new things as years passed. Rayquaza enjoyed this because the humans one day encountered the dragon pokemon and developed a strong relationship with them. But, Rayquaza suddenly noticed that new types of pokemon were beginning to be discovered like water-types, electric-types and fire-types. Rayquaza even found out that it had a brother known as Ho-Oh, who is…”

“Protector of the fire volcano of Cinnabar Island.” Kevin added once more.

This was beginning to get Lustar suspicious, since only a few knew this thing about Ho-Oh’s guarding.

Suspicious, yet getting anxious, Lustar continued with his small legend.

“So, soon people developed devices for capturing pokemon, making Rayquaza realize that its job was done on Earth. One day, as Rayquaza was beginning to leave into space, something stopped it. Three meteors crashed on the earth, and Rayquaza followed the meteors. Since he was leaving Earth, Rayquaza decided to bring these meteors new life, so he created three pokemon: Regice, Regirock and Registeel. These three pokemon are asleep in their tombs, awaiting to be awoken in the land of Hoenn one day. So now Rayquaza is gone, but travelers in the far Sky Mountains have saw this pokemon, so they saw that Rayquaza is a life-bringer. So this shrine is to dedicate the life Rayquaza brought to all dragon pokemon alike.”

Kevin shook his head, understanding the legend clearly.

“Oh, so you mean the three pokemon that await the trainers who have one pokemon of their type. Only those trainers shall attempt to capture them?” Kevin announced.

This statement really shocked Lustar, beginning to make him wonder things. But there was only one way to find out.

“Kevin, follow me. There’s something I need to see.” Lustar demanded.

Seeing that Lustar was serious, Kevin got up and nodded.

“Alright, I will follow you. Just as long as you aren’t pulling some sick joke on me because I will sue you for verbal lying and contact abuse.”

Shaking his head and releasing a small laugh, Lustar got up also and walked over towards the Rayquaza statue, ready to see if he was thinking correctly about Kevin.

As Trapinch and Vibrava followed their trainers, Vibrava flew next to Lustar while Kevin picked up Trapinch and held it. Soon, they were in front of the statue.

Lustar pulled out a pokeball and said, “Let’s go, Claydol!”

Kevin threw out his pokeball, releasing one of the most strangest and unusual pokemon Kevin had ever seen. Yet, this pokemon looked very sweet and interesting. This pokemon had a gigantic head, having a humpy, white design for its one eyebrow.

This pokemon had 6 eyes that beamed all around, glowing a red in color. There were also yellow slabs between its six eyes that made this pokemon looked like one to live a long time ago.

Its body had very, very, very small legs while its arms and hands had the design of its head. The design was a circular shape with a dull horn on its top of its head. This design was also on Claydol’s body, having a white and yellow in color.

As it body glittered black, Kevin had to take out his pokemon to consult his answer.

{Claydol, the mud doll pokemon. Claydol is the evolved form of the ground and psychic pokemon known as Baltoy. Claydol can communicate with its trainer through its mind, but only if the trainer had enough loyalty and kindness for this pokemon. Legends say that this pokemon was created by humans with colored mud and brought this pokemon to life with the exposure of a mysterious ray.

“Claydol Doll Claydol!” Claydol said through a telepathic, mysterious voice.

Kevin was very fascinated with the two pokemon Lustar had with him!

“Wow, you sure have great pokemon!” Kevin complimented.

“Why thank you…it’s good to know that I am appreciated since I was Rayquaza’s human guard!” Lustar replied, ending with a smiled.

Kevin’s mouth dropped wide open, since he was now learning that Lustar had actually guarded Rayquaza in his lifetime!

As Claydol floated in the air, Lustar commanded, “Claydol, use Future Sight.”

Claydol turned its arms up and they both began glowing a mystical lightblue color. Suddenly, Kevin came in contact with this and began floating in the air.

Trapinch began smiling; enjoying this float ride it was taking. Suddenly, Claydol dropped Kevin and began speaking with Lustar in their minds.

“You’re kidding?” Kevin said loudly.

Claydol shook its head, making Lustar gasped.

“What’s wrong?” Kevin asked, hoping that nothing was wrong.

Lustar, Vibrava and Claydol began glowing lightblue and Lustar said, “Kevin, let the light pass through, let the dawn break down this alliance and meet the one you are to meet. We shall meet again one day.”

And before Kevin could ask what Lustar was talking about, the man and his two pokemon disappeared without a single trace.

“Am I in trouble or something?” Kevin thought to himself.

“What did he mean by ‘let the light pass through’? Does this mean that I actually play a role in a protection guard situation or something? How can I understand that legend when I never even heard of it before?”

Kevin began getting confused, wondering why Lustar said that before his Claydol use Teleport. Then, something got Kevin thinking…what Kevin involved with Rayquaza? What he the core of danger and defeat?

Or was he the one to meet Rayquaza and protect it? Whatever Lustar meant, it really got Kevin thinking and imagining about this legend…

Old 06-03-2004, 07:28 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Great job Aley! I loved the legend and the telling of it. Lustar is kind of mysterious and I like that attitude but now I have to wait and see if Kevin will play a role in this Rayquaza legend or not. Good work though, watch out for some spelling mistakes.. I saw one or two here and there. Bring us more!