Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 07-19-2006, 01:38 AM
Jenjiferz Offline
New Trainer

Question Suggestions on my FR team..

Ok, this is an edit of the original, with my updated team which I MIGHT just keep, well, I'll evolve them too, obviously, but for now, this is them.

Kadabra
Growlithe
Dragonaire
Fearow (Might switch for an electric type..)
Ivysaur
Vaporeon

Any suggestions on what to switch for what? I believe I can catch Zapdos at the time being, but I'm not entirely sure I'd want an electric flying on my team in place of just fearow, though I do need someone to fly with..Maybe when I beat Silph co. I'll switch out Vaporeon for Lapras, and give it thunderbolt or something of that nature, so that I'll have a surfer, an electric move, and an all around strong pokemon, and still keep my fearow. She's rather fast, which is why I find her to be so good. Against someone weak to her, like fighting, she gets first strike, and can usually pull off a quick KO. Meh.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Anyone want to completely revamp my team xD? I hope not. I've been playing this game for years, I'm hoping I can still formulate a good type balanced team..though my moves are shabby. Those I will ask for later, though.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by Jenjiferz; 07-19-2006 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:43 AM
.:VS:. Offline

Send a message via MSN to .:VS:.
Default Re: Suggestions on my FR team..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenjiferz View Post
I just arrived in Fuschia city, and I currently have:

Primeape lvl 31
Ivysaur lvl 32
Fearow lvl 32
Kadabra lvl 32 (it will be alakazam, I just have to get my other gba back from my cousin..)
Nidorino lvl 31
Vaporeon lvl 32

They will have decent movesets later on, but since most of them are still learning attacks, I have nothing set up yet. I haven't used any tms, or move tutors either.

I have a dratini in my box, as well as almost all others I could catch up to this point, minus cubone and haunter. I just need to know who to switch around. Primeape and Nidorino are always the last ones to level up, they just can't beat much at their current stage. Should I raise someone new, or just stick it out with the ones I have?

Edit: I have begun training a growlithe, will this benefit my team at all? I also switched primeape for Dragonaire..is that a decent switch?
Staryu
Ivysaur
Dratini
Kadabra
Nidorino
Growlithe

Vaporeon is a little complicated to use.
Also, Starmie R0cK$ @$$.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:55 AM
Jenjiferz Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:VS:. View Post
Staryu
Ivysaur
Dratini
Kadabra
Nidorino
Growlithe

Vaporeon is a little complicated to use.
Also, Starmie R0cK$ @$$.

I suppose staryu would be useful, but I only have fire red, and am incapable of getting staryu on it.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:22 PM
Thrall Offline

Send a message via AIM to Thrall Send a message via Yahoo to Thrall

Vaporeon is only good if you breed Wish on it. Starmie can't be found in FR, Lapras is most likely your best bet. Growlithe isn't the best Fire pokemon. Breed for a Eevee and turn it into Flareon. Doesn't have the best Movepool but can take things down easier than Rk9 can. This set is your best bet

Flareon:LonelyNature@Leftovers
Ev's:252Atk/252Sp.Atk/4Hp
FlameThrower
Hp[Fighting]
Return
ShadowBall

Meh not the best Ev spread but Flareon isn't a "fast" pokemon.

Last edited by Thrall; 07-19-2006 at 07:25 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:21 PM
Elmo's Heaven!! Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Elmo's Heaven!! Send a message via MSN to Elmo's Heaven!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miloticmaster View Post
Vaporeon is only good if you breed Wish on it. Starmie can't be found in FR, Lapras is most likely your best bet. Growlithe isn't the best Fire pokemon. Breed for a Eevee and turn it into Flareon. Doesn't have the best Movepool but can take things down easier than Rk9 can. This set is your best bet

Flareon:LonelyNature@Leftovers
Ev's:252Atk/252Sp.Atk/4Hp
FlameThrower
Hp[Fighting]
Return
ShadowBall

Meh not the best Ev spread but Flareon isn't a "fast" pokemon.
Lonely? Are you crazy???????

Go with Brave.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:30 PM
celebi Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Brave yes yes

hatches 1268
Evolves 1373
level 100 1553
Old 07-27-2006, 01:41 AM
Pichufan4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Ok, this is an edit of the original, with my updated team which I MIGHT just keep, well, I'll evolve them too, obviously, but for now, this is them.

Kadabra
Growlithe
Dragonaire
Ivysaur
Vaporeon

Any suggestions on what to switch for what? I believe I can catch Zapdos at the time being, but I'm not entirely sure I'd want an electric flying on my team in place of just fearow, though I do need someone to fly with..Maybe when I beat Silph co. I'll switch out Vaporeon for Lapras, and give it thunderbolt or something of that nature, so that I'll have a surfer, an electric move, and an all around strong pokemon, and still keep my fearow. She's rather fast, which is why I find her to be so good. Against someone weak to her, like fighting, she gets first strike, and can usually pull off a quick KO. Meh.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Anyone want to completely revamp my team xD? I hope not. I've been playing this game for years, I'm hoping I can still formulate a good type balanced team..though my moves are shabby. Those I will ask for later, though.

Vaporeon out for Starmie
Fearow out for Jolteon or Magneton (if u want an electric type) or Dodrio (if u want flying)

Everything else looks good, just make sure Kadabra, growlithe, and ivysaur have natures that dont hurt them in a negative way. hope this helped!
Old 07-27-2006, 02:57 AM
Jenjiferz Offline
New Trainer

Again, I have no way of getting starmie, seeing as I only have fire red.

My final team for the elite four is..

Dragonite (in 3 more levels)
Lapras
Fearow
Venusaur
Arcanine
Alakazam

Bleh. Now I just need to level them all up.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Pichufan4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

i forgot that u cant get starmie in fire red, but the team looks great though!
Old 07-28-2006, 08:36 PM
declan9 Offline
Master Trainer

You should put moves on your list, so other trainers can help you out with the moves of your pokemon to give them an advantage over Elite Four members and other Trainers.

Also seeing as you've got an Alakazam (you may have used gameshark) you probably would have traded with some one else, so you could find someone with LG and trade for a staryu!

Last edited by declan9; 07-28-2006 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Needed to add more
Old 07-30-2006, 12:52 AM
Jenjiferz Offline
New Trainer

I traded with myself, on my ruby game after 5 Island o.o I'm not a cheater. And I don't post my movesets, because all the movesets people give are competative, and the only people I play are in-game. I just need to make sure my pokemon are covering all weaknesses and capable of doing what they should.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:15 PM
Deoxys2000 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Deoxys2000

Quote:

Kadabra
Growlithe
Dragonaire
Ivysaur
Vaporeon

Why Don't You Trade your kadabra To a friend Then trade it Another time to you

To have an alakazam . Breed Your vapreon with a Ditto To have an Egg .

Hatch it To have an eevee . Then you'll Have Excellent Team .

Mastered @929

Made By Me! xDD