Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 09-15-2006, 05:24 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Re: Keepers of the Legends (Pokemon/One Piece Crossover)

Heh, I meant to say this earlier, but I kept forgetting. The song that RM is singing when she's first introduced is called "Missing" and is by Evanescence. Here's a link if you wanna hear it (it's a depressing song, but it's really good ^^):

Missing

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-15-2006, 08:18 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Two updates in one day! Whoo! Sorry it's kinda small. Also, you might want to use a skin like the SilentGhost one so Zapdos's dialogue is easier to read.

Keepers of the Legends, Chapter Three, Part Three

/Lei!?/ Zapdos called out, trying to spot her through all the water. It was hopeless though, and as several of the Gyarados turned to face him the others continued to fire attacks. Lei looked up, and barely got a glance of the large Legend before she lost sight of him.

“Zapdos!” she cried out, echoed by Luffy and Zoro. The three of them spoke in unison, and later the two young men would wonder how they’d known what to say and when to say it. “Use a Thundershock attack! We’re riding some Lapras, and some of our friends have fallen into the water, so you can’t use too much power!”

/Understood,/ the Pokemon replied, and a moment later there came the crackling sound of electricity flowing through the air. This was followed by a chorus of howls, and a faint tingly feeling that coursed through the whole group. The affects of Zapdos’s attack, the electricity flowing through the Gyarados and into the water. Lei was glad she’d suggested just a Thundershock, and not something stronger. That would have knocked them all for a loop, and it was just the Gyarados she wanted stunned.

Now, the water sprays died down and finally stopped altogether, as the remaining Gyarados turned to face this new threat. Lei and the others could clearly see Zapdos now, and he was a sight to behold. His feathers were spiky and most of them were yellow, though there were streaks of black feathers on the backs of his wings, as well as black mixed in with his tail. His orange-yellow beak with thin and long, and he had black marking behind his eyes. His legs were covered in soft gray down to his knees, and the rest of his legs and toes in tough gold scales. He had long talons on each of his three toes. He wasn’t very large, but all in all he was just as impressive a sight as Ho-Oh had been. It was made more so by the sparks and tendrils of bright blue and yellow electricity that constantly jumped from his wings and body as he flew.

/Go! I’ll deal with these pests!/ he commanded, and Lei nodded as she looked over at Ina and the others. What she saw filled her with dread and worry.

Ina was floating on her right side, obviously unconscious. Her front left flipper, as well as her left side and part of her neck, were laid open, and blood was pouring from the wounds at a frightening speed. Now, Lei could see the waters around Oki were stained red, and it wasn’t long before he noticed it as well. Giving a mournful cry, he swam to his friend’s side and nudged her stomach gently. There was no reaction. Holding onto her shell behind her were Usopp, RM, and Coin. Yas was hanging onto Usopp’s shoulder, freeing the young man’s hands so he could cling to Ina. Oki whined softly, and it was a horrible sound that ripped into the hearts of those that heard it. Her heart heavy, Lei looked at where Zapdos was luring the Gyarados away, dipping here and there, taunting them with his speed. Once he’d gotten them a safe distance away, he opened up with a powerful Thunderbolt attack. Even though they were a fair ways away, Lei and the others felt another unpleasant tingling sensation as the Gyarados screeched and thrashed about.

“What are we going to do?” Usopp asked softly as the group watched Zapdos taking on the Gyarados, who were now looking ready to retreat. The ones he’d attacked earlier were recovering and slipping under the water without so much as a peep. Lei shook her head sadly and looked back to Ina.

“I don’t know. I…I think it might be too late for her. She’s been badly injured, and the shock…” She trailed off as Oki let loose a deep, sorrowful howl, trying in vain to get the other Lapras to wake up. Sadly, Lei was right, and it was too late for her. She was already dead. Lei squeezes her eyes shut for a moment, then opened them and looked back to Zapdos. He was flying back over to join them, since the last few Gyarados were hastily swimming away. He looked a bit irritated at first to find them still there, but when he saw Ina his expression quickly turned to worry.

/What’s wrong with her?/ he asked, hovering above them. Lei shook her head again, not sure if she could speak without breaking down. Oki’s heartrending cries were enough to make even the most cold-hearted person cry with him.

“She’s…dead…” she muttered a second later, her voice shaking. She released Luffy and Zoro’s hands and rubbed at her face with her palms. “She…she must have been hit by one of those Dragon Rage attacks. We heard her cry out, but I didn’t think it was so bad…”

She fell silent, and the only sound was Oki’s plaintive wailing. Finally, Zapdos sighed softly and lowered himself as best he could without getting too wet.

/Get on,/ he told Usopp and the others. Coin and RM jumped onto his back, and a moment later Usopp crawled up to join them with Yas still on his shoulder. He was too shocked by what had just happened to be afraid of Zapdos at the moment. Zapdos waited for them to get settled, then faced Lei as she turned back around to face the front. /Can you get him to follow?/

“I can try,” Lei said, suddenly very tired as she pulled out a spare PokeBall. She couldn’t just leave the poor Lapras behind. Weakly, she leaned over and touched the Ball to Ina’s body, and after she’d been pulled into it Lei placed it back in her fanny pack. She patted Oki’s neck, speaking in a soft and comforting tone. “I’m sorry your friend died, Oki. I can’t tell you how bad I feel. Please though, can you go on? We need to get to Johto. Those Gyarados were after us because the one that attacked before gathered them together. It WAS after us, someone sent it after us. I have a feeling it was the source of the darkness, trying to get rid of the last few Keepers here, the ones who can destroy it. I know you’re sad and upset, but…we really have to get to Johto, and get ready for when we have to face this darkness.”

For a moment it seemed Oki didn’t hear her, or if he had, that he was listening. Finally though, his crying grew quieter and quieter, until it had ceased completely. He hung his head, looking thoroughly defeated and heartbroken. Lei hated to ask him to keep carrying them to Johto, but it had to be done. Sure, she could summon one of the other Legends like Mew to teleport them instantly, or the great water Guardian Lugia to carry them, but she felt it wouldn’t be good at all for Oki to be left here alone where his friend had died. So she was relieved, though upset, when Oki turned to the left a bit and began to slowly swim towards Johto. No longer did he sing, and the trip was continued in eerie and painful silence.

They arrived at the Olivine City docks sometime near four o’clock. Lei and the others climbed off of Oki’s back, and Zapdos lowered himself so Usopp and the ones who’d been on his back could jump off. A few people stared at the Legend, and Zapdos gave a funny sort of cawing noise as he soared into the air.

/Well, it was nice meeting you all. Lei, you should introduce Zoro and Luffy to the other Legends as soon as you get a chance./ He then faced Oki, his tone becoming softer. /Come, I will accompany you back to where you came from./ Oki gave a faint nod and Lei knelt down in front of him, pulling out the Ball holding Ina’s body.

“Here, take this with you and make sure they make her final resting a comfortable one, okay?” she said softly, holding the Ball out to the grief-stricken Lapras. He nodded and gently took the Ball in his mouth, his eyes full of sadness but also gratitude. He turned around and began to swim in the direction they’d come from, Zapdos flying along above him.

“It’s nice of him to keep Oki company,” RM said softly as the group stood there, watching the two Pokemon disappear into the distance. Lei nodded without a word and turned, heading into the city, and soon the others followed her.

Olivine City wasn’t too big, despite the fact that it was a port city. There was a Pokemon Center, a Pokemon Mart, and a Gym just like in most other cities and towns across the world. There was also a large lighthouse, which was currently not operating. Lei led the others through the small city and out into the grassy route.

“Well…” she said after a moment. “We need to get Luffy a Growlithe, and Zoro a Scyther. Those are both easy enough. We’ll head to the National Park, where we can get a Scyther. We’ll have to take Route 35 there and hopefully along the way we’ll run into a Growlithe for Luffy, since they’re very common around that area.” Here she paused, then continued. “After that, we need to get to the business of finding out where this darkness is coming from, and see to getting rid of it.”

“But how do we do that?” Usopp asked as they walked. “Find out where the source is, I mean?”

“Celebii. She’s the guardian of time and space. With her help, we can figure out what’s causing the darkness.”

“Well, let’s get to it then!” RM said, her voice full of determination. She seemed more fired up than before, probably because of Ina’s death. Indeed, Lei herself felt a slightly more urgent need to get to the bottom of this as well.

“Yeah, let’s get ta work,” Coin said, balling one paw into a fist and smacking it against the palm of his other one. “Dat poor Ina didn’t d’serve ta die like dat. I knows it in my guts, dat Gyarados dat attacked us first and den went fer help really was sent aftah us by da source of da darkness. Dat means dat it’s a sentient bein’ o’ some kind, if it knows ta try ‘n get rid o’ us befores we can destroy it.”

“Yeah, you’ve got a point there,” Lei agreed. “I guess I should say what or who, then. It could be a person, a Pokemon, or some other creature that’s making this darkness. That seems to make more sense, really. I doubt a rock would be causing all this.”

“Well, who or whatever it is is going to pay for what they did! Not just to Ina, but to all the people and Pokemon who’ve lost their lives to it!” RM said heatedly, her fur poofing up again despite the fact it was still wet. Her tail thrashed through the air, and Lei sighed softly as they continued on.

They weren’t walking for long, though, when suddenly a huge shadow slid over them from above. Scowling, they looked up to see the form of a gigantic black bird soaring above them. Lei let out a funny gasp, and Coin, RM, and Yas’s fur all bristled. Yas began growling and snapping his jaws, and RM and Coin made spitting noises as they brought out their claws.

“That’s…that’s a Murkrow!” Lei said, dumbfounded. “But it can’t be, it’s so…so huge!!!”

“Dat ain’t no Murkrow,” Coin growled, baring his teeth. “Dat’s pure evil!”

“Oh, I send my pet after you and find he’s done a poor job of getting rid of you fools,” a voice from the huge black creature said as it spiraled down lower and lower. Soon the backdraft from its wings were causing hair, fur, and clothes to billow around madly. “It seems I’ll have to take care of you myself, what a hassle. I suppose it’s true, that if you want something done right you must do it yourself. I shouldn’t have wasted time, I should have come after you before you’d had the chance to find help…” Lei narrowed her eyes, knowing the voice was speaking to her. Before she could reply though, there came a sharp, stinging pain in her right leg. She yelped and looked down to see Coin had dug his claws into his flesh.

“We gots ta get movin’!” he said, his eyes glittering. Lei noticed the others were already moving, and only she had been standing there staring up at the shape above them. She nodded and Coin removed his claws from her leg, and the two of them quickly joined the others. The voice laughed coldly, and Coin spat loudly at it.

“Running won’t help you,” it said, and suddenly all of them were grabbed by thick tendrils of dark substance. It wrapped around them completely and lifted them into the air, oblivious to their shouts and cries of surprise. Lei struggled, as did the others, but the gunk holding them was too strong to break free from. It was the most unusual-feeling stuff; thick and gooey, but also at the same time as light as cotton. It was also disgustingly cold and slimy-feeling. Lei felt like throwing up as it held her fast. “My shadows are much too fast for you to outrun, see? They’ve already caught you. How dull. Can’t you even put up a decent fight like the others did? Like Rio did?”

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 09-15-2006 at 09:03 PM.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:14 PM
lugia_ho-oh Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to lugia_ho-oh

So far I really like it, and I usually don't like a lot of fan fics.Your really good with matching what the legendarys would really say and their reactions, too.Keep up the good work
Old 09-18-2006, 08:04 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Well, I'm glad you like it ^^.

Anyways, sorry I've taken so long to get the next update up, I haven't had time to finish it. But I'm working on it now, so it should be up either today or tomorrow.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-18-2006, 09:08 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Whoo! Update! *Dances.* Oh, near the end of the chapter, Zoro's second attack was originally one word. I splt it into three so it'd be easier to read ^^.

Keepers of the Legends, Chapter Three, Part Four

“Shut up!” Lei screamed as the huge black form slowly lowered itself to the ground. It then began to fall in on itself, growing smaller and smaller, until finally it was a man standing there, cloaked in the darkness, his mouth the only part of him that was visible. He was smiling cruelly, and the coils of thick goo-like darkness that was holding them was coming from the darkness around his sides and back. He lifted a hand, which was completely covered by shadows, and made a beckoning motion. The group was reeled in as the darkness around them drew back to join its maker.

“Oh, such a feisty one,” the man said, and his voice was the one that had been coming from the black form just a moment ago. “It’s too bad, such promise must be gotten rid of…”

“You’re the source!” RM suddenly snarled, her eyes narrowed as she fought to free herself from the blackness holding her tight. “You’re the one whose caused all this death and pain and suffering!”

“Heh, a Meowth that can speak the human language. You could come in very useful, you could,” the man said, neither acknowledging nor denying RM’s accusation. The Meowth let out an angry hiss, and Coin gave an angry shout as he suddenly bit down on the darkness holding him. There came an ear-shattering, mind-rending screech as the coils released him and the others, reeling back as if severely injured. The man let out a fierce bellow as he clutched at his right arm, mouth twisting into a vicious grimace.

“C’mon!” Coin cried, and Lei and the others scampered to their feet and got ready to run. Lei stopped long enough to look back, and wished she hadn’t. For gathering around the man was a rapidly-growing mass of writhing darkness. His arms were thrown out to the sides, and the darkness seemed to be…pouring from him, from inside him! Lei winced at the thought as she turned.

“Everyone, move it! Something bad is about to happen!” she cried out. As they ran, she quickly reached into her fanny pack and pulled out her Pokemon’s Balls. “Everyone! Use Protect!” she cried out as she released them. The moment the Pokemon had formed, each one brought up a blazing white shield of energy. Not a moment too soon, either because just as they used the moves, the man before them threw his arms forward and let out a wordless scream of fury. The darkness around him surged forward with an overwhelming roar, and Lei clapped her hands together as she began to chant again. “O great guardian of space and time, I call upon your great power. Come forth and aide me, I call you, I beseech you, hear my voice and appear!” She then turned and saw that Houndoom, Ampharos, and Flygon’s Protect shields were beginning to weaken under the pounding force of the darkness. Not only that, it was beginning to creep around the open edges of the shields and was coming dangerously close to engulfing the Pokemon. Lei glanced back and saw the others had stopped running, waiting for her to catch up with them. “Wait! I’ve summoned Celebii!” she said, her voice tense. The others nodded, and Zoro had, at some point, drawn two of his swords and was looking ready to slice at any darkness that came too close. She turned back to her Pokemon and saw the shields were about to break, and that Flygon’s right wing was less than an inch from being grasped by the shadows.

At the very last moment, though, there was the familiar rippling in the air that signaled Celebii was about to appear. Then, the brilliant flash of light followed, and when it faded the small green Legend floated there. Lei wildly motioned for the others to gather around her, and the group made their way over to the Pokemon struggling to hold up their shields. By this time, though, the very last moment had ticked away, and time had run out.

Flygon’s Protect shattered first as the darkness snapped shut around her wing with a horrid cracking sound. Flygon let out a shrill cry of pain as her shield broke, and the backlash of energy caused her to stagger back a few steps. The darkness that had been held at bay by the shield rushed forward, overtaking Ampharos and Houndoom as it came at them from the side. Their shields failed as well, and soon the group was being smothered by the inky blackness. Lei opened her mouth to cry out, only to have it filled with darkness. It tasted sour and awful, like a rotten fruit whose foulness was hidden until it was eaten. She could only imagine that Coin had suffered more when he’d bitten it. Her nose, too, was plugged, making it impossible for her to breathe. She trashed madly, trying to break free, but it was now like trying to swim in drying cement. She struggled and struggled, but her limbs grew heavy, and her head started to throb from the lack of oxygen. Her lungs and chest were ablaze with the need for fresh air.

Then, all of it simply faded away as she felt her eyes close. There was no point in fighting. It was over.

The man smiled thinly as his darkness overwhelmed and consumed the fools before him. Even though the girl had managed to summon Celebii, the Legend had been too late to do any help. It was a bit disappointing that he’d lost the human-speaking Meowth, but it wasn’t a big loss. There were probably hundreds of Pokemon with the ability to speak, and any Pokemon could learn to talk human if they just practiced. He’d really only wanted her for her novelty, even though he’d said she would have been of good use.

Now, he watched as the Keepers and their friends were suffocated beneath the crushing force of his hate, pain, and anger. It was beautiful, in a way. It made him feel proud to see how efficient the darkness of his heart was becoming at killing. Before, when it had first started, it would go willy-nilly and fly all over, like a wild Rapidash seeking to break free of the lead. Over time, though, it had calmed and become more attuned to his wishes, just as a tamed Rapidash would. Even in the last slaughter, if had acted partly on its own, killing dozens that he had not directed it to. Not that he cared. Eventually, everyone would feel his wrath.

He was getting ready to pull the darkness back and see what had become of his foes when there was a bit of a commotion from the middle of the mass. The darkness was heaving, up and down, as if something or one were trying to break free. Suddenly, there came a high-pitched keen as something thin and long shot up out of the darkness, then sliced down, cleaving a huge slash in it. The man fell back as the darkness wailed like an injured puppy and flew back to him, almost as it it were afraid and hurt. Indeed, the man felt a blazing agony in his right side. His mouth turned into a hateful sneer as he saw the young green-haired man standing there, one sword clutched tightly in his left hand. He was breathing hard and looked close to passing out, but something in his eyes caused the man a considerable amount of discomfort.

“You got to cocky there,” he said, his voice hard. “You didn’t take into consideration any talents we would have. That’s what’s going to get you killed, see, because now I’m pissed, and it’s never a good thing for the person who pisses me off to be standing as close as you are.” As he spoke, the young man pulled a green bandana from around an arm and tied it around his head. He then drew two more swords; one went into his mouth by the hilt, the last into his right hand. He took a moment to look around at the others. They were still alive, and most of them were coming around. Except for Lei, who was still lying unconscious on the ground. He narrowed his eyes a little, and then turned back to the man, his voice now tinged with anger. “You made a big mistake just standing there like a moron. It’s time you were dealt with.”

“You fool. You think you can really hurt me, destroy me? You haven’t seen even the smallest percentage of my power. You’re the one who’s made a mistake. You should have let the darkness kill you without pain. Now you’ll suffer a long, agonizing death, and so will your friends. You’ve just made your deaths much more unpleasant,” the man said, regaining his composure as the darkness around him twitched, seeking vengeance for the pain done to it and its master. The man smiled a little as he lifted a hand. “Die.”

The darkness shot out and formed itself into a huge spike, and the younger man ducked down to dodge it with surprising speed. He then tore forward, still crouched over, crossing his swords across his chest as he charged the man.

“Oni Giri!” he bellowed, slashing his swords at the man in a downward diagonal motion. His attack was countered, though, as a separate bit of darkness formed into a shield to knock the swords away. Even though he was obviously stunned his attack had been so easily stopped, he quickly jumped back as the darkness then flung itself at him, grasping at his swords sheathes. He then sliced at it with his right sword. The darkness fell to the ground with a tiny screech as it was cleanly detached, and the man let out an angry shout as he jerked back. The green-haired youth smiled a bit, and the man let out an angry growl as he steadied himself. “So, if these little shadow-things of yours get hurt or something, you get hurt too, don’t you? That’s nice to know. It means I can hack at them instead of you and do the same kind of damage. That makes my job easier,” he said, sounding very sure of himself. The man smiled as well, his lips forming a heartless, cold curve.

“That knowledge isn’t going to be useful to you for much longer,” he answered, watching the huge wave of darkness he’d sent out earlier as it came at the man from behind. There was no way simply dodging its first attack would save the pest before him. It would keep coming, follow the man no matter how expertly he dodged it. This time, though, there wasn’t going to be time to evade the attack. The darkness was coming too fast, and the fool hadn’t even realized it. “Still, it was nice, that you offered even a hint of a challenge. If only you were stronger…”

Much to his surprise, though, the young man smirked. He certainly was quite dim-witted, to be so sure of himself in his last few seconds of life. Just when it seemed he was about to be impaled, though, he jumped into the air and avoided the darkness again. The man let out a cry of rage as the swordsman shifted in midair, aiming himself at the darkness below him as it shifted course and flew up to meet him.

“Kara Suma Gari!!” he shouted, bringing his two swords down in a vicious slash. The darkness, at first, seemed unaffected as the man shifted again, managing to land on the ground instead of on the mass of blackness. Then, there came a low groan which quickly intensified into a mind-ripping, roaring wail. It slowly fell to the ground, spasming wildly as the man screamed in agony. He staggered back, clutching at his stomach and sides, mouth twisted in pain. The darkness around him slid closer as the huge spike melted into a thick puddle, which crept back to the man.

“You will PAY for this!” he spat as the darkness lifted into the air around him, then seemed to pour over him. A moment later he was no longer visible, and the darkness formed into the huge bird-like shape it had been before. It rose into the air with a few beats of its crude wings, and a second later was winging away.

Inside the figure, the man continued to hold himself, teeth bared as he felt blood running from his various wounds. Who was that man, to have so easily injured him when no other could? He had been able to slice through the darkness, and it was something no one or thing else had ever been able to do. It didn’t matter though, not really. The man knew he could easily incapacitate the youth. Take away his swords, or perhaps his hands or arms…The man chuckled softly at these thoughts as a thin tendril of darkness broke free from the mass and curled itself around him.

For now, it was time to focus on healing. The urge for revenge would fester within his blackened heart, giving strength to his darkness. Then, he would show that sword-user how futile his efforts were.

Zoro watched the black form fly off, then sighed and sheathed his swords. His head was aching something fierce, and he was almost unbearably tired. He supposed that almost being smothered to death would do that to a person, though, and turned to see that the others were beginning to gather their wits to them. Soon, they were all on their feet, save Lei. The young girl still hadn’t woken up, and RM sounded worried as Houndoom and the others gathered near their Trainer.

“She’s not…is she…?”

“She’s still alive,” Usopp answered a moment later after kneeling by her and putting a finger to her wrist. “She’s just knocked out.”

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 09-19-2006 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Yay! *jumps up and down with excitement* Finally! Fighting! Other than Pokemon fighting, of course... But still! It was a great installment, and I didn't notice any mistakes at all. Good job!

Old 09-18-2006, 11:00 PM
CCloud Offline
New Trainer

Nice XD, it sounds really good.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:53 AM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth

This is great! I love how each chapter just reels you in and keeps you wanting to read more and more. ^^ I can't wait for the next chapter!
Old 09-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

^^ I really am glad you guys like this. I'm going to start on the next update soon, and hopefully it'll be up in a day or two. If I hunker down and get serious enough, I might even have it up today. Keep yer fingers crossed!

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Teh whoo, an update! *Dances.* I was hoping to get this up today ^^.

Keepers of the Legends, Chapter Three, Part Five

“Why hasn’t she woken up yet?” RM asked, and Celebii floated over to join the others as they grouped around the unconscious Keeper.

/It’s hard to say for sure, but…it seems to me she’s experiencing some sort of important event. One that cannot afford to be interrupted by her waking up. I think, for now, it would be best to go to the Sky Pillar. Rayquaza can heal Flygon’s wing, and we can rest in safety while we wait for Lei to come around./ Here she paused for a moment and glanced at the Mystic Pokemon, whose wing was completely crushed. It looked like a piece of balled-up paper, and was obviously causing her a great deal of pain. Celebii sighed softly and continued. /There’s no telling what may come along here while we wait, and that man may send something after us if we stay here too long./ For a moment, the Legend got an oddly distracted look in her eyes, as if she’d suddenly gotten lost in deep thought. However, she was snapped out of it by Coin, who immediately put up an argument.

“But dat’s back in Hoenn!” he exclaimed. “We’s came here ta get dese guys dere Pokemons! Can’t Rayquaza jus’ be summoned here, ‘stead of us havin’ ta go back ta where we’s jus’ came from?”

“If it would be safer to go back, though, I say we do it,” Usopp put in, and Yas nodded in agreement. “After all, once Flygon’s wing is healed and Lei wakes up, Celebii can just bring us back here. Right?”

/Of course,/ Celebii answered. /Also…I think I may know who that man was, but I wish to be sure and check the timeline. To do this I will need time. I have become realigned with this timeline, and Ilex Forest will be safe for quite some time during my absence. While we are waiting for Lei to wake, I can do what I have to in order to find out if I am right or not./

“Check the timeline? What’s that mean?” Luffy asked in his air-headed manner. For once though, Zoro and Usopp were curious as to what Celebii was talking about as well. The Legend floated above them a few feet higher as she answered.

/As well as being able to time travel and reality jump, I can call on information from the timeline from the past or future. It takes a great deal of concentration and energy though, and I don’t really rely on the information I gain. This is because the future, and even the past, is not set. Each one can be changed in the blink of an eye. That means any information I gather might change or become completely useless. This is especially true for the future./

“So you mean…what we did yesterday could be changed, and so what we’re doing now might never happen?” Usopp asked, and Celebii nodded.

/If I went back in time and did something to change how the course of your day went, then indeed you may not be here now. Or maybe you would, but in a different manner than how you came originally. Perhaps the past has been changed before, and this is simply one of the many ways you have come to this point and place in time and space./

“That’s really confusing,” RM said, looking as if she were getting a headache. Celebii gave a little smile.

/Time is a very, very fragile thing. That’s why, even though I have the power to, I rarely go back and forth in time. It can change things, all too easily. For example, if I save one person by going back in time, it could cause the death of thousands in the future./

“Well, at any rate, let’s go to the Sky Pillar,” Usopp said after a moment, and the others nodded slowly in agreement. It was obvious Coin didn’t like the idea at all, but the fact that it was the safest and smartest option available to them was hard to argue against. Anyways, Celebii had already said she’d bring them back once they were all fit again. Really, there wasn’t any reason to disagree. Still, Coin opposed the idea all the same, and he knew exactly why, though he didn’t voice it. To him, it seemed that just teleporting around meant that Ina’s death had been for nothing. They could go to Hoenn, then come back to Johto, and somehow it just felt as in Ina had lost her life for no reason. It was maddening, to think that they could have just summoned Celebii in the first place to bring them to Johto.

After ensuring everyone was touching, Celebii alighted herself on Luffy’s head and prepared to teleport. A moment later, there was a flash of blinding light. When it was gone, the group had vanished.

The Sky Pillar was a towering, grand edifice that was constructed on a small island to the east of Pacifidlog City. The island itself was barely big enough to hold the huge temple that sat upon it, and there were rocks ranging from pebbles to boulders lying here and there. The tower was appropriately named, as it seemed to rise into the sky without end. There were large, gaping windows at odd intervals all around its face, though there was only one looming door. It was a pale tan color, having once been white and growing darker with age. The building was ages old, and though it wasn’t readily apparent from outside, it was actually in a state of disrepair. Inside, the numerous floors were weak and cracked in places, and bits of foundation were strewn all over. Surprisingly, the roof was the strongest part of the Sky Pillar. Whether it was a piece of engineering know-how, the power of the Legend who dwelled there at times, or for another reason was unknown.

It was this very roof that the group appeared atop. The group took a moment to get themselves straightened out and regain their wits, and looked around. The roof was wide and spacious, but the first thing they noticed was that it was empty, save themselves.

“So exactly where is this Rayquaza?” Zoro asked as he and the others glanced about. The mighty Pokemon was nowhere to be seen, and Celebii shook her head as she floated over to hover above Zoro and Luffy.

/It seems he is not here. That means he is most likely up in the ozone. That is where he spends most of his time. It’s not anything we need to worry about. You and Luffy can summon him down. He can then heal Flygon’s wing and either stay with us or return to the atmosphere./

“He, uh, won’t be angry just for being called to heal Flygon’s wing?” Usopp asked, beginning to feel remarkably weak-willed. He could tell by the way the Pokemon had been spoken of that he would be big and scary-looking. Celebii gave a little chuckle as she settled on Zoro’s shoulder.

/Oh no. Rayquaza is the mightiest Dragon, maybe the mightiest Pokemon, in the Pokemon world. He cares deeply for all other Pokemon, of course, but Dragons hold a special place in his heart. He would be angry if he weren’t summoned to care for Flygon,/ she explained, though it did little to assure the young man. He looked down at Yas, who glanced up at him and made a shrugging movement. He, too, seemed none too eager to come face-to-face with such a powerful creature. Usopp took a bit of comfort from the fact he wasn’t the only one feeling anxious.

“So, we have to summon him?” Zoro asked, looking slightly irked. Celebii nodded without saying anything, and Luffy let out a sudden whoop that caused the others to jump in surprise. “Luffy! Stop acting like an idiot!”

“Hee, we get to summon a really strong Pokemon!” the young pirate exclaimed, seeming not to hear the older man. Zoro sighed in a resigned manner and shook his head.

“Let’s just do it then, and get it over with. I’m tired and my head still hurts,” he muttered, and Celebii floated into the air.

/Okay. Grasp hands and invoke the circle. Then, you will chant the passage to summon him here. I will tell you the words. Zoro, you will begin it, and Luffy will join you for the second time,/ she directed them. Luffy practically leaped over to Zoro and grabbed his hands, looking more excited than he ever had before. Zoro simply looked uncomfortable that he had to be holding hands with his younger friend again. Still, he pushed the feeling aside, or tried to, and focused on what Celebii was saying. /Right. The passage to summon Rayquaza goes as follows: ‘O great defender of purity and eternity, we call upon your great power. Come forth and aide us, we call you, we beseech you, hear our voices and appear.’/

Feeling a bit foolish, Zoro repeated the words, then said them again as Luffy joined in. Celebii nodded once as the two felt an odd surge between them. They hadn’t noticed it before, when they’d helped Lei summon Zapdos, and as Celebii motioned for them to let go of each other Luffy gave his hands an odd look.

“What was that weird feeling just now?” he asked. Zoro nodded in mute agreement as the small Legend floated backwards.

/That was the power of the summoning passage leaving you both and going into the world to call Rayquaza to this place./

“Er,” Luffy replied, sounding just as confused as before. He didn’t ask anything else about it though, and the group was silent as they settled down to wait for Rayquaza to arrive. Celebii floated off a fair distance from the others and hovered in midair, soon becoming covered by a thick bubble of translucent light. Flygon tried lying beside Lei, but her wing caused her too much pain when she moved her arm around. She settled for sitting next to her instead, and was joined by Houndoom and Ampharos. Usopp and the others watched them as they waited.

“They really seem loyal to her, don’t they?” he asked a few moments later. Luffy and Zoro nodded, but before either of them could say anything there came a sudden roar of thunder. A huge green light appeared in the sky high above them, and as it drew closer it began to take on shape and form. It was moving at an incredible pace, and by the time it had come close enough to see clearly it had almost reached them.

Rayquaza was one of the grandest things Zoro and the others had ever seen. His long, snakelike body seemed to swim through the air with ease, and he had odd yellow-and-black markings all along his sides. He had two arms but no legs, and his paws ended in three talon-tipped fingers. He had four horns growing from the back of his head: two small ones growing downwards towards his stomach, and two larger ones growing up over his back. He had odd, rudder-like spines growing at intervals down his back and stomach, and his tail ended in a point which had the same spines growing on either side. His eyes were black, with yellow irises and black pupils. His mouth was outlined in red, and fangs poked from under his lips. His body was over twenty feet long.

As if on cue, Usopp let out a squeak of terror as Rayquaza finally reached the Sky Pillar, settling himself gently before the group and looking at them with his fierce eyes. Despite his size and vicious appearance, there was a sense of peace coming from him. For a moment there was silence, and Rayquaza noticed Flygon’s broken wing before anything was said.

/Little cousin, what happened to your wing?/ he asked, and his voice was soft and gentle. Flygon explained what had happened not long ago, and after she’d finished Rayquaza reached out and touched a claw to her wing. Flygon flinched, expecting the touch to hurt, but there was no pain. She and the others watched in surprise as her wing slowly began to expand. The sound of bones popping back into place was clearly audible, but still Flygon didn’t feel any pain. Finally, the healing was complete, and Flygon twitched her wings a few times in wonder. Rayquaza smiled a little. /You should not fly for some time, to give your body time to heal all the way. I have simply knitted the bones back together and put things back in their proper place. They are still weak from having been so thoroughly injured./ He then turned to face Luffy and the others. /So…you are the new Keepers? It would seem you are, for Lei is currently unconscious and could not have summoned me./

“We are,” Zoro said, waving to himself and Luffy. “He’s not,” he added, pointing to Usopp. “He came by accident.”

/I see. Well, I suppose it is nice to meet you both. I would ask your names, but it really isn’t necessary. We are sure to meet again, be it sooner or later. If all that was needed was for my cousin’s wing to be healed, I shall leave you all to rest here./

“Yeah, that’s really all we needed,” Luffy said without thinking. Zoro shot him a glare, but Rayquaza didn’t seem offended by Luffy’s casual, if not thoughtless, dismissal.

/Very well,/ he replied. With a twist of his massive body, the mighty Pokemon rose into the air. He circled the Pillar several times, rising higher and higher into the air, until finally he had vanished from sight. Only after he had gone did Usopp let out another squeak, this one of relief. Rayquaza had been more than he’d been expecting, and for a moment he’d been certain the Pokemon was going to snap his head off.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 09-20-2006 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:59 PM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth

^^ Another excellent chapter! I couldn't spot any errors. And as I have said before, I can't wait for the next chapter!
Old 09-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Another great chapter! Yay, I like Rayquaza. ^^ Noticed two mistakes... But, both were typos.

Really, there wasn’t sny reason to disagree.

Yeah, that S should be an A.

The passge to summon Rayquaza goes as follows:

This one was more subtle. I didn't notice it at first, but there should be another A in that passage.

That's all! Great job!

Old 09-20-2006, 11:43 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Thanks for pointing those out, DE, I've edited them.

Heh, I'm not sure when the next update will be up, but it should be before Sunday. I'm hoping to get it up tomorrow though, and Friday at the absolute latest. We'll just have to see though.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-21-2006, 10:09 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

'Nother update, whoo! This one is a bit short, so I hope no one minds. Enjoy ^^.

Keepers of the Legends, Chapter Three, Part Six

After several minutes of silence, the group settled back down around Lei, except for Celebii. Neither of the Legends had acknowledged one another when Rayquaza had appeared. Whether it was because Celebii hadn’t been aware of Rayquaza’s arrival, the Dragon not wanting to bother Celebii in whatever she was doing, or for some other reason was unclear. It was obvious Rayquaza hadn’t been bothered by it, whatever the reason.

The group sat for some time, and soon the sun began to sink below the horizon. They talked quietly, and it was as if anything more than a silent mutter might cause Lei to wake, or disturb Celebii in her doings. They told stories of their lives and adventures, of places they’d been and wanted to go one day. They discussed enemies and grand battles, as well as minor scuffles and the occasional bicker between friends. Finally, when the sun was just about gone and the blanket of night was almost fully thrown, the glow around Celebii faded, and the little Legend floated over to join the others.

/I have confirmed my suspicions,/ she told them, her expression grave and her tone somber. /As soon as Lei wakes, I will tell of what I’ve learned. It is something that adds a new level of urgency and drama to this story that is unfolding around us…/

Lei was certain she was dead. She had to be, no way around it.

She was standing in an endless field of flowers whose color was impossible to tell. This was due to the warm, golden light that was bathing everything in sight, including Lei herself. She felt a sense of peace and comfort, that everything was good and well. It was familiar, somehow…she could almost taste the memory as the fringes danced in and out of her consciousness. Then, the memory flooded back, and at the same time a liquid, gentle voice poured into her mind.

“Little one, you have lost your faith. You were overcome by a blackness not of your own, and it drove away your hope and ability. Such happens to all people at some point in their lives, when faced with such adversity. But oh, dear child, you must not let your faith slide away as it has. You and your friends are needed, to keep the darkness from overthrowing us. There is something I wish to show you, to restore your faith. Let this message be taken back to your allies when you return to them.”

“I remember…you told me some sort of weird poem back at Birch’s lab!” Lei exclaimed, looking around for the being that was speaking to her. “Who are you, or what are you? Where are you?”

“All in due time, human-child. Those things are of no importance at the moment. Now come, there is something you must see.” Before Lei could argue, the light-filled field slowly dissolved, and in its place was a city. It was filled with huge skyscrapers and zooming cars, and a massive crowd of people bustling about their lives. Overhead a plane was flying to some unknown destination. Lei looked around, trying to see if she could spot the entity that had bought her here. All she saw were more cars, people, and buildings though.

“Where am I?” she asked. “And how did I get here?” She instinctively tried to move out of the way of a young man in some business suit, but was too slow. Much to her surprise, the man passed right through her without seeming to notice. She ogled at his back, then looked around and tried to touch a long, thin wooden post to her left. Her hand went through it with no resistance. “I…I am dead, aren’t I? Am I going to come back to life though? You said when I return to the others…”

“You are not dead,” the voice told her, soft and patient. Another powerful surge of calm and tranquility swept over Lei as she continued to glance here and there. “You are simply in a very deep state of unconsciousness. I have taken advantage of in order to guide your subconscious on a sort of outer journey, to show you what you must see. You are very much alive, so do not fear. As to where you are, your physical body is in Hoenn, atop the Sky Pillar, with your friends and comrades. But this, your insubstantial, non-physical self is in a place called New York. It is in another reality, of course. In this world, Pokemon do not exist in real life, but as a form of entertainment. It seems one of that reality somehow visited the Pokemon reality and decided to bring it’s greatness to his own home reality. Now, you will see what you need to restore your faith.”

The voice fell silent as Lei felt an urge to begin walking. She gave into it and headed down the street, moving with yet apart from the physical people. It didn’t take her long to reach her destination. There was a park on the other side of the street she was on, and even though it was some distance away physically, she could clearly see the young boy sitting at the other end of it. He was only about ten or so, with messy brown hair and baggy black clothes. He was hunched over on a metal bench, his bare feet scuffing against the ground. His arms were wrapped around himself, and he seemed to be shaking as if he were cold. Lei realized a moment later it was actually because he was crying. Wanting to try and comfort him, Lei tried to run across the street and across the park to him. However, she found herself unable to move.

“Observe,” the voice simply said, a gentle and endlessly patient yet firm command. Lei nodded absently and watched as a man clad all in black made his way to the boy. Lei felt a thrill of fear shoot through her; that man, it looked like the guy that was the source of the darkness! Her urge to go and protect the boy increased, but she didn’t try to move. As much as she was screaming inside, she held her ground and simply watched as the boy looked up at him, his blue eyes full of tears and fear and pain. A flicker of hope sparked within them when he saw the man approaching him, but it quickly died as the man reached out to him, something glittering in his hand. A knife, one of the small hunting ones people used on camping trips. Lei’s eyes widened as the man suddenly jumped for the boy, the knife in his hand slicing the air and into the boy’s chest. The child’s mouth opened in a silent scream as blood burst from the wound, impossibly vibrant and bright. Lei’s hands covered her mouth in terror as the boy fell to the ground from the bench and the man walked off. It seemed no one had noticed the awful murder, and Lei felt herself crying for the slain boy.

“Why…why are you showing me this…” she whispered, head shaking. “This is terrible…that poor child…”

“Do not fear, little one. Watch, for this scene had not fully played out,” the voice said, and Lei gave a weak nod as she trembled. She watched the boy, and within a few minutes an ambulance swung around a corner to her right. Lei realized for the first time there was no sound as the ambulance came to a stop and two men jumped out of it. From the back came another man, and one of the men went around to help him pull out a gurney. The third man, the driver, ran to the boy and gently put him on his back. He watched as his partners joined him, one with the gurney, the other with some medical supplies Lei didn’t know the names of. They worked on the boy, putting things on him, sticking IV needles attached to bags of liquid in his arms. The put a tube into his mouth and hooked it up to some weird machine. One of the men pulled a sort of flat board off the gurney, and the three of them tenderly worked the boy onto it. They lifted it onto the gurney, wheeled it to the ambulance, and moments later were gone.

“Where did it come from?” Lei muttered, but the only answer she got was the scene around her fading. It was replaced by yet another one. This time she was in a hospital, in an operating room. The boy was in there, deeply anesthetized with a sterile blue cloth on his chest. There was a hole in it, and the boy’s wound was clearly visible. It was a startlingly red and disturbing contrast to the paleness of his body. A group of doctors were around him, getting ready for surgery. They got their tools ready, and then began.

Lei watched the procedure, and it took quite a few hours. Finally, though, they finished. The boy was still alive and soon transferred to the ICU. Lei followed as he was taken to a room and moved from the gurney onto the hospital bed. She stood by the door as the aides left.

“Do you understand now?” the voice asked when two people, a man and a woman, entered the room. When they saw him, they both broke down in tears and rushed to the bed. The man was lanky and had the same brown messy hair as the boy. The woman was a fragile-looking person, and though Lei couldn’t see her eyes she knew they matched the boy’s. There had to be his parents. Lei watched them stand by the bed and touch their son’s hand, gently stroke his forehead. Then let out joyful cries when he woke up and smiled tiredly at his parents, relief and serenity clear in his gaze. “Do you see why I showed you this? Even when all looks lost, when things are bleak and hopeless, faith in yourself and others can make all the difference. This boy was lost for days, having been separated from his parents when they were at a festival. The man who attacked him was a killer who’d escaped from a prison some distance away. The attack on the boy was witnessed by a woman, who went right away to call an ambulance for the child. The man was caught about fifteen minutes after the boy was taken to the hospital.

“This boy’s parents had given up almost all hope and faith in finding their child. The boy had given up hope and faith in being reunited with his family. When his parents got the call from the hospital he had been found but was seriously injured, they got back a bit of that faith and hope. And now, you see, all of them have had their faith fully restored. His parents, never having truly gave up, prevailed and have been given their child back. Do you see now, Lei? No matter how hopeless you may feel, no matter how complete the darkness around you, always keep your faith. If you do, there is no way for you to ever fail.

“And now, it is time for you to return to the others. There are things you all must do, other allies to meet, and enemies that must be stopped. Go back remembering what you have seen and heard here, little one, and share this message with the others. Have faith, have hope, and you will always fulfill your dreams and desires…”

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-21-2006, 10:45 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

That was a beautifully touching story, and a brillliant way to get anyone's faith back. Well done.

I saw no mistakes, so pat yourself on the back! I can't wait to see the next installment.

~Draconic Espeon