Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 09-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Re: Keepers of the Legends (Pokemon/One Piece Crossover)

Whoo, update! I wanted to beta this, but...maybe next time lol.

Keepers of the Legends, Chapter Two, Part Two

The Sanctuary was well-hidden from the outside world. There were only four ways in, and three of them were accessible only to those who knew where to look. The fourth was obvious, when one thought about it. The first entrance was the most evident: the back door of the Altomore Museum. The Museum had been shut down for some time, though, for various reasons. Because of this, no one was allowed inside it anymore, and so it was on entrance that had been hidden in plain sight, so to speak. Still, after it was closed, an illusion had been placed on the door from the inside to keep any casual observers from seeing it. The second was located within a large fountain. The water no longer poured from it, but the liquid inside the basin surrounding it remained for years. It was odd, as it never went stagnant or evaporated. This was probably because of the gem within the water, help up by some odd-looking pedestal. It resembled a large, clear glass marble, though in the center was an odd blue mass that seemed to pulse and move around. The entrance within this fountain could only be accessed from a certain lake outside of the Sanctuary, and since people couldn’t hold their breath long enough to travel the long tunnel connecting the entrance and the lake, there was little chance of it being discovered. The third was from a large gap between two buildings. Like the first entrance, this was had a permanent illusion on it, making the opening appear to be a dead end to a long, twisting alleyway. The final one was from the sky. Once more, though, an illusion was in place to protect the secrets inside. From above it appeared as if the open area was filled with trees. Really, the only way someone could find there way here was if they knew right where it was, or if they were extremely lucky.

As it was, Celebii knew where the Sanctuary of the Lati twins was located, as did all the Legends. The Keepers had all known, as well, before they’d died, and now Lei was the only human who knew where the place was located.

The only two inhabitants of this safe haven were Latias and her brother, Latios. The two of them had lived here in this beautiful shelter for all their lives, venturing out when needed, or when Latias felt like exploring.

/Brother, do you think Lei and Celebii will succeed in their mission and return soon?/ Latias asked as she floated before one of the many wind chimes hung around to warn of intruders. The Pokemon had a white-and-red body, with her fore-body, sides, and part of her back being white, and the rest of her red. Two oddly-shaped wings extended above her back. Her eyes were gold and full of innocence and trust. There was a small triangle on her red stomach. The upper part of her arms was red, and the lower part white. There was a red-and-white mark on her forehead that crossed over her eyes and covered her face. Even though her body looked to be covered in skin, it was actually very fine down with the ability of refracting light in many ways.

/I do not know, Sister. We shall have to wait and see,/ the other Pokemon answered. He was by the fountain, looking at the orb within the water. He much resembled his sister, though there were differences. Where she was red-and-white, he was blue-and-white, in the same places. His wings, unlike hers, extended to the sides instead of over his back. The triangle marking on his stomach was red, and the odd-shaped mark on his head covered the front of his face the same as Latias’s covered hers, though in a more subtle manner. His eyes were a dark red, and held protectiveness and honor.

/I suppose you’re right,/ Latias replied with a sigh. She floated away from the chimes to her brother’s side and joined him in looking at the orb in the water. /The Soul Dew seems to be doing well./

/Indeed. I suppose Father is not too worried then. Though…it was reacting more this morning before the Telling took place./

/That’s to be expected, Brother. Of course Father would have been more worried then./

/It would seem appropriate if he were more concerned now, though./

/You told him of the Telling?/

/Indeed. And the Soul Dew calmed down quite a bit after that./

/Perhaps it is a sign. Father probably knows things we do not. I bet everything will be fine./

/That may be true. But even if things end fine, it does not mean there will not be more tragedy before the end is reached…/

Before he could finish his sentence, a bright flare of white light erupted behind them. The two siblings turned, both of them looking a bit shocked, but not worried. A moment later, the light faded away to reveal Lei and the others.

/Oh!/ Latias cried out joyfully as she flew forward. Lei grinned and stepped forward to hug the Pokemon around her neck. Latios approached less boisterously, though he was smiling warmly as he joined them.

/You’ve returned, with Keepers,/ he commented, and Lei nodded as she stepped back to wave at the others with her.

“Yup! These guys are Usopp, Zoro, and Luffy. Usopp isn’t a Keeper, he was dragged along when Celebii jumped us back here. Guys, these are Latias and Latios,” Lei said, introducing the two parties to one another. Each of them gave a nod as their names were said. “Anyways, we’re hear to get Luffy and Zoro their Legend Balls.”

/What perfect timing!/ Latias replied happily. Latios nodded silently as his sister floated back to the largest tree in the Sanctuary. /Rayquaza gave us a new batch this morning after the Telling. Or, I should say, the last batch. Seeing as, at the moment, you three are the only Keepers in this reality./ she added, her tone sad. After a moment of poking around the base of the tree and moving aside fallen leaves, she returned holding two Legend Balls. She held out one to Luffy and one to Zoro once she’d rejoined the group, and the two took them before putting them away. Luffy stuck his in a pocket, and Zoro put his in the green sash around his waist.

/The Soul Dew is no reacting as much as it was earlier,/ Latios suddenly offered, and Lei blinked at him as Celebii floated around.

“The…Soul Dew…? Does it mean something good then?”

“What’s a Soul Dew?” Luffy asked before either of the Lati twins could answer. Zoro snorted and Usopp looked embarrassed, but Latias seemed all too happy to explain to the absentminded youth what a Soul Dew was.

/It’s a jewel with the spirit of our Father in it,/ she said, pointing to the fountain near the middle of the Sanctuary. /He gave his life some time ago to protect this place, Altomore. The Soul Dew was left behind, and we were born from it. Our father’s spirit remained inside, and offers power to myself and Latios. It’s also used to power the Altomare Defense Mechanism. The blue thing inside is our father’s spirit, and in times of peace he is peaceful. In times of disorder or stress, he becomes very active. He was moving all over this morning, before the Telling. But when we returned, Latios told Father about the Telling and he calmed down./

As Latias explained all this, Luffy and the others went over to examine the Soul Dew. Usopp and Luffy ooh’ed and aah’ed at it, and Zoro simply stared at it with a curious expression. Latios seemed a bit put off that Latias was telling him and the other two all about it, and them, but since they were in the company of Keepers, he decided it was okay. He watched Usopp, though. He was obviously a friend of the other two, but wasn’t a Keeper.

“What’s the Altomare Defense Mechanism?” Luffy asked as he watched the gently pulsing blue spirit within the Soul Dew. Zoro snorted again and cut in with another question of a bit more importance.

“If he’s calmed down since then, does that mean everything will be fine?”

/No. It only means that, for now, there is peace in our reality. The darkness is not striking. At any moment, though, it may do so./ Latios floated above them as he studied his father’s spirit. /At any time, the peace may be shattered. It seems we will be having to keep a closer eye on the Soul Dew until this nightmare has ended./

/Well…/ Latias said after a moment to break the tense silence that had grown, /you two are probably going to get a Pokemon next, right?/ Here she glanced at Usopp. /And you?/

“Well, I don’t know about Usopp, but yeah, we gotta get Luffy and Zoro a Pokemon,” Lei replied for them. Usopp paled a bit, seemingly not at all interested in obtaining a Pokemon of his own. Luffy grinned widely, and even Zoro looked slightly eager. Latias smiled and floated around them a few times.

/Perhaps I can help? I can name a Pokemon for all three of them that would match them the most!/

“You know, that’d be great!” Lei replied, clapping her hands together. “It’ll save us the trouble of having to find out by trial and error. And…well, I barely know you guys, so even though Ho-Oh seems to have quite a bit of faith in my abilities, I really couldn’t match you up with the best Pokemon.”

“Heh, well, let’s get on with it. We have things to do, right?” Luffy asked, and Latias nodded a few times. She floated closer to Luffy and fixed her golden gaze on him, and for a long moment she simply stared at him without blinking. Luffy twitched a few times, beginning to feel a little unnerved by the intense way Latias was watching him. Finally she blinked, once, and nodded.

/A Growlithe for you,/ she said. /They are playful and loyal, yet extremely protective of friends and vicious when defending those they care for./ She cocked her head a bit, then glanced over at Zoro. She floated towards him as she had Luffy and locked her eyes on his. The swordsman didn’t open fidget as much as Luffy had, but it was clear he was just as uncomfortable with the going over. It seemed to take Latias longer to evaluate what Pokemon would suit him best than it had Luffy, but finally she broke the stare with another blink and nod. /I think a Scyther would fit you best. A fierce and determined fighter, but also kind in a rough sort of way./ She smiled at him, and there was some secret knowledge in that smile. Zoro gave a shrug and Latias turned to face Usopp. She started to float over to him, and he started to shake visibly as she did. She paused, scowled, then laughed. /You, I think, would get along well with a Poocheyna! Hidden potential within a flighty heart!/ She chuckled a bit more as Usopp glared at her, and Zoro let out a particularly loud snort.

“Heh, that’s just a nice way of saying he’s a wimp, right?”

“Pretty much,” Lei answered back, trying not to smile. “Poochyena are probably the most tricky Pokemon. They’ll attack anything that moves, but if it shows any signs of striking back, they run off.”

“Sounds just like you, Usopp!” Luffy exclaimed with a hearty laugh as he threw an arm around Usopp’s shoulders. The young man colored a bit and shot all of them glares.

“The brave Captain Usopp, commander of a million vicious warriors, fears none and runs from nothing!” he declared, thumping his chest with an arm and trying to strike a pose. He was still shaking a bit though, and Latios gave a little smile.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Heh, another update, yay! Now, for a quick note: Seeing as DS is the only person currently part of the Beta Company willing to beta OP fics, I won't be having them beta'ed till he can get on more often. Once he can start beta'ing again, the updates will probably take longer to get up. DS, if you're reading this, don't worry about beta'ing until you've got your comp problems taken care of. ^^ Really. I don't mind. And now, on with teh fic!

Keepers of the Legends, Chapter Two, Part Three

/Perhaps you all should get going,/ he said, and Latias floated over to his side and nodded a few times.

/Yes, Brother is right,/ she added. /There is no time for rest. You must teach these three the ways of this reality. Take this time to do so, in order for you all to be prepared when the time comes for you to rise to your destiny./

“Right. We should head to Littleroot then, and get you guys each a PokeNav. Then, we can get Usopp a Poocyhena before we head back to Johto. Scyther and Growlithe don’t roam here in Hoenn, but we should be able to find some easy enough in Johto.” She glanced at Celebii. “Can you take us there?”

/Yes, but afterwards I must leave you. I have been gone for a time, and must return to the Ilex Forest . There are things that must be done, and it will be easier for me to realign myself with our timeline there./

“That’s fine. We can hitch a ride from the Lapras Transport Company near Peatalburg to Johto,” Lei replied with a nod. Celebii floated over to land on her head, and a moment later the four humans were grouped together. Luffy grinned a little as Latias waved to them.

“Bye!” he called, lifting a hand to wave back. Latias smiled brightly and did a little flip in the air as Celebii prepared to jump.

/When this is over, you must all return. I’d like so much to hear your stories, and perhaps have a bit of fun!/ she said. Luffy laughed in a somewhat air headed manner and gave a thumbs up.

“Yeah, you bet! We’ll visit before we go home!” he said. “That’s a promise!” With that, there was a brilliant flash, and when it faded the group was gone. Slowly, Latias floated to where they’d been, looking sad.

/Do not worry, Sister,/ Latios said softly as he went to her side. He placed a comforting paw on her shoulder and smiled warmly at his sister. /They will return. The young man made a promise, and I feel he is one who will not easily break it./

/I hope you’re right, Brother,/ Latias said softly. /I truly hope you're right…/

Littleroot was probably one of the smallest towns in Hoenn. There was only a scattering of houses, and towards the east a large laboratory. Still, it was a quaint, pretty little town, with towering trees and flowers that smelled like warm honey blooming everywhere. Most of them were a dark red and resembled roses, but there were also little bluebells here and there, and a few dandelion patches were sprinkled around.

When Celebii and the others appeared, there was no one around to witness it. Lei wasn’t surprised to see that the town was pretty much dead. Right now, everyone was probably inside watching TV or at work. There wasn’t really much to do in the ways of recreation in Littleroot, which was why most people didn’t venture outside too often. Oh, you could find people at the small park near the lab, or having a picnic under a large tree. Sometimes, though it was rare, you might even see a person here or there just lazing around in the shade.

“Well, at least we aren’t being gawked at here,” Lei muttered, then faced Celebii. “Well, I guess you gotta get going now, so thanks for all the help.”

/No need to thank me. It was something that needed to be done, and you are pleasant company,/ Celebii replied, smiling a bit. /At any rate, I do have to go. It probably will not be for long, though,/ she added, her voice dropping a note or two. The others nodded silently, knowing what she meant. A moment later, Celebii lifted a hand in parting and vanished with a flash.

“Well…now what?” Zoro asked, resting his arms on the hilts of his swords. Lei ran a hand tiredly through her hair, then turned to where the lab in the distance rose above the horizon.

“Next…PokeNavs for you guys,” Lei answered. “We could have went to Rustboro to get them, but I heard some time ago that Birch asked for a batch, and ever since then he’s been getting regular shipments so he can hand them out to new Trainers. Before, he only had the normal PokeDexes.”

“PokeNav? PokeDex? What are those?” Luffy asked, pretty much on cue. Lei was getting used to him asking what everything was, and answered without really thinking about it.

“A PokeDex is a little machine that has data on every Pokemon stored inside, and a PokeNav is just a higher and better version that holds more information. It also records the kinds of Pokemon a Trainer has seen, and how many they’ve caught. It holds Trainer information as well, such as name, age, where they’re from, all that-“ Suddenly she cut herself off. “Where they’re from…” She then let out a little groan.

“What is it?” Usopp asked, frowning. Lei shook her head.

“Your average, everyday person doesn’t know there are other realities besides this one. It’s something only Keepers and Legends know of. By now…everyone probably knows I’m the last Keeper. What am I going to tell Birch when I say you guys are new Keepers, without telling him that you’re from a different reality?!”

“Er…” Luffy said, then stopped cold as he adopted a pained expression of deep thought. After a moment, he gave it up as a lost cause. “I don’t know. Zoro?”

“How should I know?” the young man asked with a scowl. “We’ve only been here for not even an hour!”

“You could always say that you weren’t the last Keeper?” Usopp offered, and earned himself a look from Zoro.

“I doubt your screwed-up logic about how lying can make everything better will work here,” he said. “It didn’t work back home, either, now that I think about it.”

“Oh, shut up,” Usopp grunted at him. “I’m just trying to help.”

“You know, you have something there!” Lei said, grinning. “I’m not much for lying, people have told me that hundreds of times. So have my Pokemon. But a half-truth isn’t a lie, is it? I was the last Keeper, but then I found some Keepers who hadn’t been aware of the fact they were too, and so I’m not the last Keeper anymore! I don’t have to say anything about you guys being from another reality! Though…we still have to lie about where you’re all from…”

“Altamore?” Luffy suggested. Lei and the others stared at him for a moment, and finally the young woman grinned more.

“That works, actually,” she said. “Altamore is pretty far from here and is a big city. Birch wouldn’t think to check for records from so far away. He’s kind of a goofball to start with, you know.”

“The miracle of Luffy having a good idea strikes again,” Zoro intoned, earning a laugh from the others. “Watch, it’ll fail us when we really need it. It always does.”

“That’s why it’s called a miracle!” Luffy exclaimed as he started off. “Cause it only happens once in a while!”

“I think he fails to see that he just completely made fun of himself,” Usopp sighed.

“But we’re used to it, because that’s Luffy for you,” he and Zoro said at the same time. Lei chuckled a bit at the shared sentence, then realized where Luffy was going.

“Luffy! Hey, wait a minute!” she called. Luffy turned to face them, grinning hugely. Lei held back a fit of laughter before adding, “You’re going the wrong way! The Pokemon Lab is that way!” For Luffy had been heading towards the north instead of the east. Luffy glanced in the direction Lei was pointing, saw the lab, and looked back at her and the others.

“Well, come on then! Let’s get going!” he responded impatiently, and Lei nodded as she and the others joined him before heading off towards the Lab.

“So, you guys are from Altamore, and you’re new Keepers huh?” Prof. Birch said as he tinkered with some odd little machine. “That’s a relief, because everyone was so worried when the news got around that you were the last Keeper, Lei. And then you went missing for a few days, and people really started to freak out. I guess you were gone because you were looking for Keepers to, uh, awaken…is that the right term?”

“Close enough,” Lei replied, watching the older man set the machine down on a table. He was wearing a white lab coat over his casual wear, which consisted of khaki shorts and a dark blue tee-shirt. His hair was short and brown, as was his beard and sideburns. He was a sturdy man, not because he was overweight, but because of his wide frame. He had brown thongs on his feet, and a black belt around his waist. He smiled a little as he clapped his hands together.

“Right, well, all I need is a bit more basic information, and I can put it all into the PokeNav Data Input System, so I can load it into an empty PokeNav for you guys.”

“What’s the Pok-“ Luffy started to ask, but was silenced as Zoro gave him a whack on the head.

“Not now,” he muttered, then looked back at Birch. “How long is it going to take?”

“Oh, a few minutes to ask you three some questions, and then about twenty or so minutes to get the information transferred to the PokeNavs,” Birch replied. ‘Er, about starter Pokemon…”

“They’ve already decided what they want,” Lei told him. “I’m going to help them catch their first Pokemon.”

“Ah, well, that’s good. I don’t really have any Pokemon here that are ready to be partnered up with someone yet.” Birch grinned a bit more and clapped his hands together again. “Now then, let’s start with the questions.”

While Birch set about getting the information he needed from Zoro and the others, Lei wandered around the lab. It had been some time since she’d been here last, and she couldn’t even really remember what the reason for the visit had been. She shrugged to herself and made her way to a window, looking outside. She could see various Pokemon around the park a couple of yards away. Mostly it was Taillow, begging for food from the few people gathered there. But there were a few Meowth as well, the cream-furred felines stalking around as they waited for the chance to pounce on one of the tiny blue birds. The people were keeping an eye on the Meowth though, shooing them off when they drew too close before tossing a few more pieces of what looked like bread on the ground. Once they’d run out of food, the Taillow raised into the air as a giant group and winged away in search of more. A few of the Meowth halfheartedly jumped into the air to catch one, but the Taillow were too quick and easily evaded capture. The Meowth watched the Taillow fly off, shot venomous glares at the humans, then leapt away to find easier prey.

She sighed softly as she let her head rest against the cool glass. The droning of Birch’s voice was encouraging her suddenly fatigued mind to shut down. Her eyes slid shut…

Lei was floating, nothing under or above her. There was an endless expanse of darkness, but somewhere in the distance was a pulsing gold light. Lei willed herself towards it, and even though she couldn’t feel herself moving she saw the light getting large as she drew closer. Within a few moments, she had reached it. It was warm and peaceful, and sent a wave of pure contentment through her. Lei stared in wonder at the light, slowly reaching out a hand to touch it. Before she could, though, a soft, liquid voice poured into her mind.

”Hear these words, human-child, and heed them when the time comes:

Darkness bred from a shattered heart
Seeks to rend all goodness apart.
Where once he failed to bring the end,
The shadows from he blackness will send.
Seek the true truth out of the lies,
To discover what drives him un’er tainted skies.
With his fate being long since sealed,
It’s a wound too deep to ever be healed.
Destroy what he is and what he’s become,
With the help of the masses, not the hope of the some.
Come together, all, to help with the fight,
And together you all shall bring back the light.”

As the voice fell silent, the warm light slowly began to fade away. Lei gave a soundless cry as the joyful feelings of true peace bled away from her, to be replaced with a sudden, crushing fear. Lei cried out again, and this time her voice shrieked loudly as terror pounded endlessly at her…

“Lei, wake up,” Birch said as he gently shook her shoulder. Lei started awake and blinked a few times, dazed. When had she fallen asleep? She frowned a little, trying to remember what she’d dreamed about. But the more she tried to remember, the fainter it became, until it was just an indication that it had been important. She rubbed at her face for a moment, then dropped her hands and forced a smile.

“Done already?” she asked, and Birch nodded with a faint scowl.

“Yeah. It’s going to take a while to get these PokeNavs set up, so why don’t you stop by my house and get some rest? You look awfully tired all of a sudden.”

“Oh, no, I’m fine, really,” Lei replied, smiling a bit more. She waved to Usopp, adding, “Anyways, Usopp here is due to get a Poochyena, and hey, there are plenty running around here, so I figured while you were getting the Navs settled I could take him out can help him catch one.”

“Well…I suppose that’s fine. Just don’t push yourself, okay?”

“Don’t worry,” Luffy cut in cheerfully as he and the others joined Lei. “We’ll keep an eye on her.”

“Oh, thanks. I’m not a little kid, you know. I can keep an eye on myself.” Lei muttered, shooting him a look. Luffy grinned but remained silent as Zoro jerked a thumb towards the door.

“Maybe we should get going, then?” he asked. “I doubt we’ll catch anything standing here talking all day.”

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 09-07-2006 at 12:33 AM.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:35 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Yay, first battle of the fic is in this update! *Dances.*

Keepers of the Legends, Chapter Two, Part Four

“Right,” Lei said with a nod before turning to Birch. “Thanks for doing this for us, Professor. Really, I know you’ve probably got other things to do, like your field work and such.”

“Thanks,” the other three echoed in unison. Birch waved a hand at them and smiled.

“Ah, no need. It’s my job, after all, to get new Trainers started on their journeys. Keepers or not.” He half-turned, then paused and glanced back at the group as the four teens made their way for the door. “If you change your mind, Lei, stop by my house whenever you feel like it, alright?”

“Right, Professor,” Lei replied as she glanced back and lifted a hand in thanks. “I’ll keep that in mind.”

“You do that,” he said, then turned away and got to work on the PokeNavs.

Route 101 was a long, gently winding dirt-and-grass road to Oldale Town, where it veered to the left and became Route 102 as it made its way towards Petalburg City. The packed dirt path was well kept, with no clumps of grass or weeds to be found anywhere on it. The path itself was about two yards wide, and to either side of the path was thick, knee-high grass. Growing high over the grass were large, fan-shaped yellow flowers, blooming all over in small groups of three or four. Their strong scent of hot spiced coffee was heavy, but not overpowering. It was actually quite pleasant. Trees grew here and there, none of them very big but by no means small.

Lei and the others headed off the path after walking on it a few minutes. It would be the perfect place for a Poochyena to hide, what with all the tall grass to hunker down in.

“Wild Pokemon don’t generally wander onto the man-made paths, unless they’re urban Pokemon or simply crossing it to get to somewhere else. That’s why we gotta get out into this deep grass and see if we can startle a Poochyena into showing itself,” she explained. Zoro and the others didn’t say anything as they followed the younger woman, looking around as they did. As they walked, they spotted several large, butterfly-looking creatures gracefully fluttering on wings that appeared as fragile as wet paper.

“What are those?” the swordsman asked as the group came to a halt so Lei could have a look around. The young woman followed his gaze and smiled a little.

“Those are Beautifly,” she replied, reaching into her fanny pack for a PokeBall. “They’re collecting pollen while they eat. See, their mouths look like long, coiled needles, and they use them to suck nectar from flowers and other such plants. But they also use them in battle. They’re generally gentle, but they can be extremely aggressive and despite how frail they look, they’re actually quite strong. They won’t bother us, as long as we don’t bother them and stay away from them while they eat.”

“They’re pretty,” Luffy commented, and Lei nodded in silent agreement as she paused to watch the Beautifly floating from one flower to another. Their bodies and heads were two different shades of gray: the sides, back, top of the head, mouth, and most of the wings being dark slate gray, and the stomach, arms, legs, and face being a much lighter, almost silver gray. Their antennae were long and curved at the tips, and the red, yellow, and blue markings on their wings stood out in sharp contrast to the duller gray. Their sky-blue eyes never left the flowers as they flew from one to another, and it seemed they didn’t notice the humans traipsing around in the grass.

“Anyways,” Lei said a moment later as she turned from the Pokemon and faced Usopp, “we’re not here to sight-see. We’re here to get you a Pokemon.” As Usopp turned to look at her, she didn’t notice his worried expression. She was too busy looking through her pack for a spare PokeBall or two, as well as her own PokeNav. When she finally did look back up at him, two empty PokeBalls in one hand, PokeNav and occupied PokeBall in the other, she frowned a little. “What is it?”

“That Birch guy was right, you do look really tired,” he said. “And I’m not just saying that, either.”

“You know, he’s telling the truth, for once,” Zoro added as he took a close look at Lei’s pale face. “You really should take that guy up on his offer and get some sleep.”

“You heard what Latias said,” Lei replied stubbornly. “We don’t have any time to rest. There’s too much that has to be done first!”

“You aren’t gonna do anyone any good if you get sick or pass out or something,” Usopp said, and Luffy simply nodded without speaking. Lei sighed and shook her head at them.

“Fine, alright, I’ll get some rest AFTER you get a Poochyena,” she conceded, shooting Usopp a look. The young pirate nodded, as did Zoro and Luffy. “Good, now that that’s settled, let’s do this.” She held out the items she was holding towards Usopp, and he looked at her like she was crazy. “I’m going to let you use Ampharos, since he’s the calmest of the three. He won’t give you any trouble like Houndoom and Flygon might. They’re older and set as having me as their Trainer, and might not appreciate someone else giving them orders.”

“Wh-why do I have to do it?!” Usopp squeaked, leaning away from Lei as much as he could without falling over. The young Keepers sighed and rolled her eyes.

“Because it’s better to get the hang of battling with a Pokemon that has experience, and the sooner the better,” she explained. Usopp didn’t say anything in return, but after a few moment’s hesitation he finally reached out and took the Balls and PokeNav from Lei.

“Well, what are you giving me this for?” he asked, holding up the PokeNav as he held the Balls in his other hand. Lei waved a hand.

“You’re going to use my PokeNav for now, since you don’t have one just yet,” she said. “You can use it to help you fight the Poochyena. All you do is point it at a Pokemon to get it’s data, then ask how to best battle it. If you have a particular Pokemon in mind you want to use against it, you would say something like ‘Ampharos against Poochyena,’ and it’ll give you a battle plan.” After showing him how to work it, Lei stepped back and smiled. “Now, let’s find a Poochyena and catch it! Oh, you might want to put those spare PokeBalls in a pocket so you don’t drop them.”

“How do you know which Ball has a Pokemon inside, or for that matter, which Pokemon is in which Ball?” Luffy asked as the group started to walk again. Surprisingly, Usopp answered the first part of that question.

“The one with the Pokemon inside is a little heavier than the empty ones,” he said, putting said empty Balls into a pocket. Lei nodded and finished answering.

“I keep my spares separated from the ones my Pokemon are in, for the most part. As for how I can tell whose inside before letting them out…well, it’s kind of a Trainer thing. You learn to tune into your Pokemon so you know exactly what Ball they’re in, and right where it is. It’s hard to explain.”

“Sounds complicated enough,” Zoro said, looking a bit disgruntled. Lei lifted an eyebrow at him but didn’t comment on it. She wouldn’t have had the time ifshe’d wanted to, for at that moment a small, gray-and-black dog suddenly jumped out of the grass in front of them before bolting off.

“A Poochyena!” Lei cried out before giving chase. After a second, the others followed her. They soon caught up with it, but this only prompted the Pokemon to run faster. Lei glanced back at Usopp as he hurried along behind her. “Let Ampharos out of his Ball before it gets away!”

“Er, right!” Usopp called back. As he ran he threw the PokeBall as hard as he could, without really thinking around it. For a moment he watched the Ball soar through the air, feeling rather stupid for throwing it as he had. Then he yelped in surprise, as Luffy and Zoro did, when the Ball popped open in mid-air with a loud pop and a bright flash. Seconds later Ampahros formed out of the light ahead of them. A moment later it joined the others in running after the Poochyena. “Now what!?”

“Ask the PokeNav!” Lei cried back, and Usopp fumbled with it as he ran.

“Ah, ah, er, Ampharos against Poochyena!” he shouted. There was a faint beep, and then a female voice answered.

“Poochyena. Prefers to flee instead of fight. Will run until its foe is tired out. Ampharos should use a Thunder Wave to temporarily paralyze it, and then attack with Thudershock to lower its Hit Points. Use Thunder Wave as needed to keep the Poochyena from fleeing.”

“Er, okay, right. Ampharos!” Usopp called out, not at all feeling as confident as he hoped he sounded. “Hit that thing with a Thunder Wave!”

Ampharos didn’t hesitate to do as he was told. He stopped chasing the Poochyena, which had gotten well ahead of the group by this time, as the two orbs on his body started to glow brightly. With a cry, the Pokemon suddenly released a wave of electricity at the Poochyena. At first, it seemed like the attack would miss, but the Poochyena made the mistake of jumping into the air at that moment. It leapt right into the Thunder Wave attack, yipping in surprise as it hit the ground, unable to move.

“Great job!” Lei congratulated, and Usopp couldn’t help but feel a certain amount of pride as the group approached the paralyzed Pokemon, slowing down and finally coming to a stop. The Pokemon yipped again as it tried to stand, and Usopp felt kind of sorry for it. He knew that if he were in its position, he would be running for his life as well. Lei, however, didn’t seem worried. “Right, now to engage in a battle proper. You can put that PokeNav away if you want, or you can see what information it has on Poochyena. Just aim it at it, and a minute later it’ll give the information.”

“Right,” Usopp replied as he held the PokeNav at the stunned Poochyena. A moment later there came another beep, and the female voice began to speak again.

“Poochyena, the Bite Pokemon. It often bites things before thinking, and will chase prey until it is exhausted. However, it will turn tail and run at the first sign of a fight. When forced into confrontation, it will bristle its fur and bare it large fangs in order to intimidate the opponent.”

“Naaaaaa,” the Poochyena growled at them as Usopp lowered the PokeNav. It was beginning to shake off the paralysis, and indeed it was baring its teeth at them and the fur along its back was standing up. Now that it wasn’t darting off, the group could see it clearly. It was small, about the size of a puppy. Its shaggy fur was a dark gray and its face, paws, and chest were black. Its eyes, though, were the oddest thing about it. The irises where a bright red, and the parts that should have been white were instead a feral yellow. It growled again and slowly climbed to its paws.

“It doesn’t look like it’s going to run away again,” Lei commented quietly. “But be ready to hit it with another Thunder Wave in case it does.” Usopp nodded tensely as he looked to Ampharos, who looked a bit bored.

“Alright Ampharos, use a Thundershock attack on it!” he ordered, and the Pokemon let out a cry as the orbs on its body glowed once more. This time, Usopp and the others could see the electricity used for the attack was being generated in and released from these orbs. The weak attack hit the Poochyena dead-on, but instead of knocking it down only helped it get over its paralysis completely. It let out a furious howl, and its fur bristled more as it did.

“Howl attack,” Lei told them. “It’s howling to raise the power of its attacks, getting itself ready for battle. This is weird, because I’ve never heard of a wild Poochyena using this attack. They usually just run away at every chance they get. But this one…” She shook her head a few times as the Poochyena stopped howling and suddenly lunged forward.

“Dodge it!” Usopp cried out, and Ampharos lowered itself to all fours as it jumped to the side. The Poocyhena flew passed him and landed behind him, turning and growling deeply as it prepared to lunge again. “Before it can attack again, use another Thundershock!” Ampharos nodded and let loose another bolt of electricity at the little Pokemon. The Poochyena tried to get out of the way, but it was obvious it wasn’t used to fighting. It tripped in a hidden hole as it moved, and was struck by the Thundershock attack.

“Naaaaaa!” it howled as it fell to the ground. Usopp paused, his muscles tensing up even more. He was getting ready to have Ampharos attack again, when suddenly the little Poochyena exploded from the grass, jaws agape as it flew at the larger Pokemon. Usopp froze, not knowing what to do in this instant. However, he didn’t need to, because…

“Hit it again before it can use Bite!” Luffy and Zoro suddenly shouted at the same time.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 09-07-2006 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Update, yay! This one is kinda short, and I apologize in advance for that. *Does a dance.* Coming up on the end of chapter two, whoo! Next chapter sees some real action going down! And now, to the ficceh!

Keepers of the Legends, Chapter Two, Part Five

“Am!” the Ampharos cried out as it released another Thundershock at the airborne Poochyena. The electric attack hit it once again and knocked it from the air, tossing it to the ground. As soon as it hit the grass, the Poochyena got to its paws, gave a shake, and got ready for another round.

“How did you guys know that was what it was doing? I mean, it’s obvious it was going to bite Ampharos, but how did you know it was simply called a Bite attack?” Lei asked Luffy and Zoro as Usopp warily eyed the Poochyena. The two young men shook their heads, looking just as shocked and confused as Lei felt.

“I don’t know,” Zoro said, sounding a bit shaky. “It just…hit me all of a sudden. Like I’d always known it but was never aware of it…”

“Yeah,” Luffy agreed, nodding. Lei watched them, then looked back at Usopp. He hadn’t known what to do, while the others had. It was proof enough, at least in her book, that they were indeed Keepers, and Usopp had just been unfortunate enough to get dragged along when Celebii had jumped. She shook her head as her eyes slid to the Poochyena.

The Bite Pokemon was looking a bit ragged, but despite the fact it was weaker than Ampharos it still refused to run. Lei just couldn’t understand what was up with it. Still, she figured it should be tired out enough to be able to capture.

“Alright Usopp, throw one of those empty PokeBalls at it,” she said softly. Usopp nodded as he reached into his pocket and pulled one out. He stared the Poochyena in the eyes, and suddenly, something happened. It was like being hit by a mental lightening bolt. Usopp was overwhelmed by mixed feelings. An overpowering urge to flee, the obligation that was just as strong to stay and fight, the all-consuming need to prove himself. Usopp yelped in surprise and jumped back, as did the Poochyena. The two of them stared at one another, each looking shocked and suspicious.

“What’s wrong?” Luffy asked, and Usopp shook his head.

“When I looked at it right in the eye, I felt all these weird emotions,” he said, his voice a bit unnerved. “And I think…the same thing happened to it…him…” Usopp nodded, suddenly certain that this Pokemon was a male. The Poochyena slowly stepped forward, then nodded as well. Lei and the others exchanged curious glances, and Lei shook her head.

“Sometimes…a person and a Pokemon forge a bond even if the person isn’t a Keeper or even a Trainer. It rarely happens, though. I wonder if it means you’re meant to be here, even if you aren’t a Keeper?” she mused, and Usopp made a feeble shrugging movement as he and the Poochyena continued to watch one another. The little Pokemon took another step forward, very slowly, as if contemplating what to do next.

“I don’t think it’s going to run,” Luffy said a minute later, as if revealing a ground-breaking revelation. Zoro simply gave him a funny look, then sighed to himself and shook his head.

“Well, let’s do something already,” he said, his impatience beginning to show through. “We have other things to do.”

“Quit rushing,” Usopp snapped at him, never taking his eyes off the Poochyena. He had crept forward another few steps, and now was stretching its neck out towards Usopp, red nose twitching madly as he sniffed at him. Slowly, Usopp knelt down, still unsure about the whole thing, but suddenly willing to take a chance. The Poochyena moved forward again, taking its time, and then suddenly let out a bark and jumped forward, tail wagging. Usopp gave an unusually high-pitched squeak as he fell backwards, certain the Pokemon was trying to attack him. However, it soon became clear that he no longer saw Usopp or the others as a threat. He landed on Usopp’s stomach and licked at his face, tail still wagging happily. Lei stared, completely shocked, and Zoro grinned a bit at her _expression.

“I take it that’s not normal?”

“Not at all,” Lei agreed, shaking her head. Usopp, once he realized the Poochyena wasn’t going to snap his face off, sat up and patted the Pokemon on the head. He glanced over at Lei, looking lost.

“Er, now what?”

“Well, it seems Poochyena has accepted you as his Trainer though you haven’t caught him yet. Right?” she asked. Even before Poochyena nodded, Usopp felt a surge of confirmation, a wordless yet powerful yes. The two looked at one another, sensing the bond they now shared, and Usopp smiled a little as he stood, still holding Poochyena.

“I don’t think I’ll need these,” he said, reaching into his pocket to pull out the second Ball Lei had given him and handing them back to her. She stuck them in her pack as he then bent down to pick up the PokeNav, which had fallen from his hand when Poochyena had jumped at him. Lei accepted it from him, eyeing the Poochyena as she stashed the PokeNav in her pack as well.

“You sure he won’t run off?”

“He won’t,” Usopp replied as he felt Poochyena’s unspoken denial. The little Pokemon barked happily as Lei went back to retrieve Ampharos’s PokeBall, which had been forgotten and left to lie in the deep grass in the mad dash after the Bite Pokemon. However, the deep grass hid the Ball completely, and she was having an impossible time finding it. Sighing, she got ready to call out Houndoom and have him sniff it out, when the Poochyena came running up behind her, giving a bark. She turned to see Usopp and the others, including Ampharos, walking over to join her.

“He wants to help find it,” Usopp said, and Lei looked down at Poochyena. The Pokemon nodded, then lowered his head and vanished entirely in the deep grass. For a moment they waited, until suddenly they saw the grass parting rapidly and a second later Poocyhena reappeared, Ampharos’s PokeBall in his mouth. His tail was going full tilt as Lei bent down to take it from him. Usopp came over to pick him up, grinning a bit. “Good job, Yas!”

“Yas?” Lei asked before recalling Ampharos. Usopp nodded as she put the Ball in her fanny pack and closed it.

“I named him after my dad, Yasopp,” he explained. Lei smiled a little as she started to make her way back to Littleroot.

“I’m sure your father would be glad to hear it,” she said as the others follow after her. She only just finishes saying it when Luffy chirps, “Hey, don’t forget, you said you’d rest after you helped Usopp get a Poochyena.” Lei waved a hand at him and sighed, not replying as she nodded in resignation. She’d been hoping, in all the excitement, that they’d have forgotten she’d said that. Still, she knew they were only trying to look out for her. Which was strange, since she’d only known them for a few hours. She also knew Usopp’s earlier words were true. She would be no good to anyone if she were sick or too exhausted to function. She just hated to be relaxing when so much needed to be taken care if.

“I think maybe we should all get some rest,” Zoro put in a moment later. “We haven’t exactly had the most peaceful of days, you know.”

“I’m sorry,” Lei said automatically, thinking he was talking about how she’d suddenly barged into their lives and turned them upside-down and inside-out, without any promise of getting a reward of some kind. The swordsman shot her a look and grunted at the distressed _expression on her face.

“It’s not you,” he said, sounding a bit irritated. “We were getting chased all over by some crazy Naval guy, I think his name was Smoker, right?” Luffy and Usopp nodded in confirmation, and Zoro continued. “We all have a price on our heads, most pirates do. We, in particular, have a pretty big rep in the short time we’ve been a crew. We had just landed in Rogue Town, where you met us, and all this stuff started happening. Luffy nearly got his head cut off, and then all these Naval officers started coming after us…”

“Almost got your head cut off?!” Lei exclaimed, giving Luffy a wide-eyed look. The young man grinned widely and nodded. “Why?!”

“Well, see, this guy I’d fought a while back was real mad that I’d beat him. So he tried to get revenge by cutting my head off! But he didn’t, cause before he could this big bolt of lightening came and hit the stand thingy we were on. I got away, and then all the other stuff happened…” Lei gave him a stunned look, then shook her head a little as she turned to face where she was walking.

“Your reality sounds crazy,” she said, and Zoro let out a loud snort.

“As opposed to this?”

“Well…I guess it seems normal to me, because it’s my home, and yours seems normal to you because it’s your home. But I’m not familiar with how things work in your home, and you aren’t with things here. I guess it’s natural we find one another’s realities weird,” Lei said with a grin. This comment sparked a conversation of how things were back in the others’ reality as they made their way back to town.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-09-2006, 09:39 PM
goldencharizardtrainer Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to goldencharizardtrainer Send a message via Yahoo to goldencharizardtrainer
Talking Re: Keepers of the Legends (Pokemon/One Piece Crossover)

THE BEST THING THAT I EVER READ I DONT WANT IT TO END I WANT TO NOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT. I HAVE NEVER READ ANY THING SO GOOD I NEVER WANT IT TO END HOW LONG WILL IT LAST?

Note: I'll finish editing this later >>...

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 09-11-2006 at 11:09 PM.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:42 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

I've actually been reading this for a while, but I've just now decided to say something about it.

Crossover fanfictions can be difficult, simply because you are combining two different worlds. Due to this, they can often be bad, or unbelievable. This one, though... I really like. It's wonderful that you've combined two great anime in an entirely believable way, and have still managed to put in a great plot as well. The best thing is, everything works. You're a great writer, and this is obviously well thought out. It's a joy to read, and I'm greatly looking forward to your next installment.

Old 09-10-2006, 01:50 AM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth

GCT - 1. do not type in all caps.
2. Do NOT double post. jsut edit your first one.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:13 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Heh, thanks Draconic Espeon, I appreciate that. I'm glad that you think I'm mixing the two well. I thought they might go good together, and I'm glad I was right. Sometimes, certain things just don't mix well (Pokemon and Hellsing, for example Oo).

And yeah goldencharizard, I'm glad you like it too, but please don't doube post or use all capitals in your posts, thanks ^^.

The next update should be up soon, yay lol.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Yay, end of chapter two! Here we meet two familiar characters ^^...Next chapter sees some action being done, teh wh00t! Now, READ ON!!!

Keepers of the Legends, Chapter Two, Part Six

Once they returned to Littleroot Town , the group stopped by Birch’s house for a minute to ask if they could pick up the PokeNavs later.

“That’s fine,” Birch replied as he nodded. “The PokeNav Data Input System is being a bit of a pain right now and isn’t wanting to work right, so it’s going to take a lot longer than I first thought to get the Navs ready to go.”

“Great,” Lei replied. “We’re gonna head to your house and take that rest for a while. Are you sure you don’t mind?”

“Oh no, not at all,” Birch said with a smile as he waved at them. “Go ahead, take as long as you need.”

“Heh, thanks Professor!” Luffy exclaimed as the group left the lab and headed to Birch’s house.

Several hours later, Lei woke in the guest bedroom of Birch’s house to find night had fallen. She stretched a little as she sat up, glancing around the small and rather plain room. The walls, though the color was hard to see in the dark, were a pale peach color. The hardwood floor was a dark oak, and the twin bed she was sitting on was covered with bright red sheets and had two thick, puffy pillows on it. There was one large window that had the same color drapes as the sheets, and they were parted a bit to let in some moonlight. By the window was a small wicker rocking chair, and to the left of the bed was a little drawer.

Lei and the others had left the Pokemon Lab and gone to Birch’s house. They found the door unlocked, and so let themselves in. Right away Luffy had flopped onto a two-seat couch, then fell asleep. Zoro had settled on a larger couch and was soon out cold as well. Usopp had sat in a soft, plush-looking chair and sat Yas on the floor in front of him, asking questions that the Pokemon would answer with a nod, a bark, or a shake of the head. Lei had gone upstairs to the guest bedroom, removed her fanny pack from her waist, and put it on the small drawer before falling onto the bed and falling asleep minutes later. She hadn’t even taken off her shoes or covered herself up.

Now, as she got ready to stand, she heard a soft female voice begin singing. The hairs on her arms and back of her neck stood up as she listened.

“Please, please forgive me, but I won’t be home again. Maybe someday you’ll look up, and barely conscious you’ll say to no one, ‘Isn’t something missing?’ You won’t cry for my absence, I know. You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant? Am I so insignificant? Isn’t something missing? Isn’t someone missing me? Even though I’m the sacrifice, you won’t try for me, not. Though I’d die to know you love me, I’m all alone…Isn’t someone missing me?...”

Lei shuddered as she looked around for the voice. There was no one else in the room, and she wondered if maybe she was hearing a radio from somewhere nearby. Then she spotted a figure sitting in the windowsill. She scowled a little and soon realized it was a Meowth. The Scratchcat Pokemon had cream-colored fur, though it looked white in the moonlight shining through the window. The Pokemon had black around its ears, and it’s the tip of its hind paws, as well as the curled tip of its long tail, were a light brown. Since it wasn’t facing her, Lei couldn’t see the long whiskers or the oval-shaped coin on its forehead. But she did see the red scarf tied around its neck, which was strange considering no Pokemon generally wore clothes of any kind.

Why is there a Meowth in here? And why is it wearing that thing? And WHERE is that singing coming from? Lei wondered as she glanced around, trying to find the source of the voice. As she looked, though, her head turned in such a manner that her right ear was facing the window. Lei scowled as she cocked her head, listening intently, then froze. It wasn’t possible…

“I must be dreaming,” Lei muttered out loud as she shook her head. The Meowth in the window let out a yelp of surprise at Lei’s sudden words, and the young Keeper looked over at it in time to see it fall out of the window and onto the floor. She winced a little as the Meowth lie there, groaning a little, before sitting up and rubbing its head.

“Yee-ow!” the Pokemon exclaimed as flinched, and Lei ogled at her. No doubt about it. The Meowth had been singing. “That really hurts…”

“Definitely still asleep and dreaming,” she said after a second, and the Meowth looked over at her as she dropped her paw.

“Nope, you’re wide awake, and it’s about time too!” she said with a smile before standing and leaping onto the bed. Lei scooted back a few inches, warily eyeing the Pokemon as she sat and cocked her head at the woman. “Did I wake you up? Was I singing too loud? I hope not, your friends downstairs said you needed rest. I volunteered to come up here and keep an eye on you, you know, just because. Coin told me not to wake you up, and I think I did…” Lei watched as the Meowth’s tail swished in distress. “Oh, he’ll be so annoyed. But what am I saying?! You’re probably annoyed too!”

“Oh, no…you didn’t wake me up, really. It’s fine,” Lei said after a moment, her shock and disbelief vanishing at the Pokemon’s stress. “Really, don’t worry about it. Er…I’m Lei Orren. What’s your name?”

“Me? I’m Rocket, Rocket Meowth, or RM for short,” the cat replied with a smile, seemingly grateful that she hadn’t woken Lei, or, if she had, that Lei wasn’t angry at her. “My brother’s name is Coin.”

“Huh,” Lei grunted with a nod. After a second, she couldn’t resist asking, “Um, exactly how is it that you can speak human language?”

“Oh, that’s easy!” RM answered. “Coin learned how when he was young, before I was born. He taught me how to speak it when I was old enough. He also taught me how to walk on my hind paws, but I don’t like it that much. Too slow and awkward. Coin does it all the time though, I guess ‘cause he’s gotten so used to it over the years.”

“Uh-huh. And…why are you here? I mean…”

“Oh, I know what you mean,” RM said, waving a paw. “Me and Coin saw you and your friends earlier when you were trying to catch Poochyena. We didn’t approach you because we knew you were busy, so instead we followed you guys back to Littleroot. After giving you some time to settle down, Coin and me came over and introduced ourselves, and we all got to talking…wait, I’m rambling. Anyways, we’re here because we want to help you.”

“Help?”

“Yes. It’s not just the you humans and the Legendary Pokemon that are being affected by this darkness,” RM said, her tone becoming soft. “We normal Pokemon are suffering because of it, too. Me and Coin, our family…was killed a while back by it. We’ve been wandering all along ever since then, using our ability to talk with humans to get food and drink and shelter when we needed it. We wanted to do something, but we knew by ourselves we couldn’t do anything. But then, today, when we saw you…it was like fate was telling us our chance had finally come.” RM smiled a little as Lei scowled, looking confused. “You’re wondering how we knew who you were, huh? You Keeper-people aren’t just familiar with Legends and other humans, you know. Common Pokemon know all about you guys too, and me and Coin saw a about Keepers on the TV all the time. You were on quite a bit, and your uncle even more so. He was one of the greatest Keepers ever, that’s what everyone and everymon says.”

“Heh, thanks RM,” Lei said with a little smile. She’d never known just how great her uncle was, but apparently everyone else did. “Everymon huh? That’s not a term I’ve heard before.”

“Well, you humans say everyone. We Pokemon say everymon. It makes sense, to us at least.”

“I guess you’re right” Lei said with a nod as she shifted, throwing her legs over the side of the bed and standing. She reached over to the drawer and picked up her pack, snapping it around her waist and stretching again as she turned to RM. “Let’s head downstairs then.”

“Yeah, the others are probably waiting,” the Pokemon answered as she stood and jumped off the bed, following Lei out of the door and down the hall to the stairs. As they walked, Lei glanced down at RM, or more precisely, the red scarf around her neck. In the dim light of the hallway, it looked like satin. “So, why do you wear that thing around your neck? Is it a keepsake?”

“Sort of,” RM replied. “My brother found it a while back and knew how much I like soft things, so he cleaned it up and gave it to me as a birthday present. I’ve had it for almost as long as I can remember.”

“It looks nice,” Lei commented, and RM gave her a smile.

“Thanks.”

A moment later they went down the stairs to find Zoro and the others all sitting on the larger couch. Leaning against a table leg was yet another Meowth, though this one was obviously different in personality that RM. He was standing on his hind paws, his arms crossed over his chest. He was wearing what looked like a small, child-sized black leather jacket. Covering his eyes were black sunglasses, with lenses that resembled upside-down triangles. He looked over at the two as joined the group.

“Hey dere,” he said, lifting a paw in greeting. Lei smiled a bit and nodded at him. “I trust RM toldja bout why we’s following yous?”

“Yeah, she told me,” Lei answered as she flopped into the chair Usopp had been sitting in earlier. “You guys want to help us fight the darkness.”

“Yup. Yous guys is gonna need all the help ya can git, since dere’s only tree o’ ya’s. Not dat we got some super powers dat we can use ta blast it, but da more da merrier, right?”

“Exactly,” Lei said with a nod. “We definitely need all the help we can get, with there only be us three Keepers left, and Usopp and Yas,” she added. The two shifted a bit, looking slightly uncomfortable with being mentioned. “I’m glad you’ve decided to join us and fight with us.”

“I’m s’prised no uddah Pokemons have joined wit ya’s, or wit any o’ da uddah Keepers before,” Coin said, and even though his eyes were hidden by his shades Lei could tell he was glowering. “After all, we all share dis world. Ya’d think uddahs would wanna stand up ‘n fight ‘n help drive off dis darkness. It just don’t make no sense. I bet dis whole ting coulda been taken care’a by now, if uddah Pokemons had just had some guts ‘n sense ‘n to fight in da past.”

“It does seem kinda weird,” Zoro said as he stared at a wall. “We were talking about it, just now. Why do you suppose no other Pokemon have stepped forward and offered to fight with the Keepers?”

“It’s hard to say,” Lei replied, shaking her head. “Maybe…they just didn’t feel it was their place. They could have felt like they were intruding on human and Legend business. Or maybe, as Coin said, they were just afraid to help fight, or didn’t think about it. Still, know that you mention it, it is really weird. Even Pokemon like Aggron and Tyranitar and Rhydon…the strong ones that don’t fear anything and only ever think about fighting, without caring who’s business they get into…none of them ever teamed up with Keepers to fight. There’s not once case, documented or otherwise, that I know of. Not even a rumor or a hint. And not just now, because of the darkness, but even before it. No Pokemon other than the Legends has EVER come forward to help fight a person who wasn’t their Trainer…”

“It’s a riddle we can solve later,” RM said as she laid on the floor by Coin. “For now, we need to discuss what we’re doing next.”

“Well, first thing’s first. We should head to the Pokemon lab and get the PokeNavs from Birch. Then we’ll head to Petalburg City and stay the night in the Pokemon City. In the morning, we’re going to take the Lapras Transport to Johto, where we’ll help Zoro and Luffy get a Pokemon. After that we should focus on trying to find out who or what is causing the darkness, so we can stop it or them. If the darkness is somehow generating itself…well, we’ll get to that in due time,” Lei replied. The others nodded in agreement and the lot of them stood to go to the Pokemon lab.

Some time later, the group had picked up Zoro, Luffy, and Usopp’s PokeNavs and were well on their way to Petalburg City. It didn’t take them long to get to their destination, around thirty or so minutes, and just made it before the Pokemon Center closed for the night. It was only nine, but lately the Centers had been closing earlier because of the darkness that had been causing so much destruction and death. After getting themselves settled down apart from everyone else for the night, the group talked long into the night about what needed to be done. Finally, though, the group grew tired and soon, they were asleep.

~End Chapter Two

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 09-13-2006 at 11:39 PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranitar_Trainer View Post
Heh, thanks Draconic Espeon, I appreciate that. I'm glad that you think I'm mixing the two well. I thought they might go good together, and I'm glad I was right. Sometimes, certain things just don't mix well (Pokemon and Hellsing, for example Oo).

And yeah goldencharizard, I'm glad you like it too, but please don't doube post or use all capitals in your posts, thanks ^^.

The next update should be up soon, yay lol.
You're welcome. You're doing much better than I could of done, in any case. I can't wait to see the next update. ^^

Edit: Well, that was interesting... The update came right after I posted this... Anyway, good update. I'd like to pointout a few grammer mistakes I noticed, though...

The walls, though the color was hard to see in the dark, was a pale peach color.

Seeing as walls is plural, was should have been were.

...And had to thick, puffy pillows on it.

That should be two, like the number. But, I'm sure that was a typo.

Lei had went upstairs to the guest bedroom,...

'Had went' should either be changed to 'had gone', the past participle of go, or just 'went', which is the past tense of go.

I do understand you didn't get this chapter beta'd, which is why I pointed out the mistakes I saw. Other than that, it looked great!

Last edited by Draconic_Espeon; 09-11-2006 at 11:30 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:28 AM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth

^^ Wow TTar! I loved that chapter. I did see some mistkes but D_E basically covered them all that I spotted. I love how you potrayed Coin and me. lol

^^ I can't wait to read the next capter to this.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:15 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Heh, thanks for pointing out those errors DE, I'll fix them up right away. The beginning of chapter three ought to be up soon, and I'm hoping to get some serious action and battling in it.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-14-2006, 10:37 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Next update is up, teh w00h! *Dances.* Goodness shall start in this chapter, yay!

Keepers of the Legends, Chapter Three, Part One

Morning came, and since RM was the first one of the group awake, she took it upon herself to wake the others.

“Come on, get up everyone! It’s morning, we should get going!” she said, running back and forth and shaking the others until they woke. Groggily, the group sat up, yawning and stretching as they shook off the last dregs of sleep. Lei looked out of a window to see the sun just barely hanging above the horizon. It was only a short time past dawn, and it was the perfect time to get moving. She stood and flexed backwards, her back giving a faint pop as the others stood as well. Luffy still looked half-asleep, but he was awake enough to state his first thought.

“What’s for breakfast?” he asked, rubbing at his eyes. Usopp and Zoro shook their heads and sighed.

“He always thinks with his stomach,” Zoro said, looking exasperated. “But I guess we should get something to eat before we set off.”

“Yeah, it’ll be a long trip to Johto from here,” Lei agreed with a nod. “The Transport won’t even start taking customers until nine anyways, and it’s only…” Here she glanced at the large clock hanging behind the service counter. “Eight-thirty. That gives us about twenty minutes to eat, then ten to get to the Transport building by the beach and beat the morning pleasure-cruisers. It’ll be, let’s see here…fifty Poke per person. I’ve easily got enough to cover it. RM, Coin, and Yas will be charged five Poke each, but that’s no problem.”

“Eh, that’s one thing we need to get some of,” Usopp said as the group left the Pokemon Center and headed for the nearest restaurant. “Money. We can’t rely on you to buy everything for us and pay for everything.”

“You’re forgetting, me, Zoro, and Luffy are Keepers," Lei reminded him with a smile. "We can get everything for free, but I prefer to pay for things. Still, it will be quite a bit of money for four people and several Pokemon…well, I’ll use the money I have now, and then we’ll get by on the infinite credit that all Keepers are entitled to.”

“Infinite credit, huh?” Zoro asked, giving a faint smile. That was something every alcohol-loving pirate wished he had, and now he did have it. He doubted he’d be able to find a place that sold high-quality or even decent beer anywhere here though. It was obvious Lei wasn’t a drinker, and so probably didn’t know the locations of good bars or taverns. It was even possible they didn’t have beer in this reality, though Zoro was loathe to think about such a possibility. Usopp and Luffy each gave him curious looks, knowing what he was thinking, but Lei and the Meowth siblings were blissfully unawares. Coin nodded as they walked.

“Yups, yous Keepers gets lotsa privylages dat normal peoples would loves ta have. Getting’ everting fer free is one o’ ‘em. People figgur dat da Keepers keep dis world safe ‘n dandy, so dey don’t charge ‘em fer nothin’. Quite a deal, if ya asks me. Aftah all, yous Keeper types is out dere puttin’ yer lives on da line doing yer Keeperly duties ‘n what not.”

“Guess we don’t need to worry about money, then,” Usopp said with a shrug as the group reached a little café that was always open. It was called Petalburg Café, and Zoro couldn’t help but give a little snort.

“Real original,” he commented as everyone headed inside the cozy little restaurant and sat down in a booth near the door. Lei smiled as they glanced around the clean establishment.

“Maybe not the best name choice, but they have cheap, good food. Their service is fast, too, so we’ll be able to get out of here quick.”

The Petalburg Café was small, as most cafés were. There were only about fifteen small tables with two chairs each, and five booths lining the windows. Ten red-seated stools were situated in front of the counter, which was only a few feet long and a bright white color. The tile floors were highly reflective, and it was obvious they were cleaned often, as were the spotless tables. The booth seats were soft and comfortable, not too hard or squishy. Several small, wooden ceiling fans created a faint, pleasant breeze, and about twenty small hanging lamps dangled from the ceiling in advantageous positions. Off to the left of the counter were the bathrooms, and to the right, a door that led into the kitchens.

It wasn’t long before a young man dressed in a black suit and white apron came out to their table. His short blonde hair was done up in spikes, and he had brilliant emerald eyes. He looked rather lanky and not at all fit for any kind of physical combat, though of course that was jumping to conclusions. Luffy didn’t look fit for physical combat, but apparently he’d been in more fights than Lei had. The young woman released her Pokemon so they could eat something as well. After everyone had ordered (Lei for her own Pokemon as well as Yas after Houndoom translated what he wanted), the young waiter headed back into the kitchen to give the orders to the chefs. He’d looked a bit surprised when RM and Coin had ordered for themselves, but hadn’t asked any questions. Lei sighed as she sat back in her seat.

“For future reference, if anyone ever asks, one of us is a really good ventriloquist who can make it look like Pokemon can talk,” she muttered, and Usopp grinned.

“I can do that.”

“You’d overdo it,” Zoro pointed out. “You’re acting tends to go just a little overboard.”

“I’d like to see you do better,” Usopp countered, and Lei sighed again as she stared at the far wall, waiting for her food and drink as the two bickered. Within a few minutes, the waiter came back out with two trays filled with food and drink. He expertly placed the trays on the table, distributed the food and drinks to those who’d ordered them, then smiled and walked back to the counter without a word. No one bothered to comment on it, as they immediately set to their food so they could get going.

“This stuff is good!” Luffy exclaimed after he’d finished his food, before the others of course. He shot sideways glances at the others’ plates, but didn’t make any moves to take anything. Maybe it was because Uospp and Zoro kept a close eye on him, and Pokemon never took their eyes off their food to begin with, and that he didn’t know Lei well enough to steal any of hers. Whatever the reason, by the time the others had finished, he looked rather dejected that no one had offered him more. Lei stretched, then waved for the waiter to bring the check. After the bill had been paid, Lei tossed down a few Poke bills and several silver coins as a tip before the group headed out.

“Now it’s off to the Lapras Transport!” RM said as she pranced along, looking quite excited. Lei lifted an eyebrow at her, and Coin grimaced a little.

“She’s one crazy feline, lemme tell ya. She likes da watah more dan any Meowth evah should. Anyting dat’s gotta do wit watah, she’s all ovah it like a Teddiursa ovah honey.”

“Oh, you be quiet,” RM said with a wide smile as she fell back and gave her older brother a playful punch on the shoulder. “I just like sailing; it’s really fun and relaxing.”

“Ya still crazy,” Coin said, and easily moved out of the way of another good-natured blow. He shot RM a little grin as she gave him a mock-scowl before running ahead again.

About twelve or so minutes later, the group reached the Lapras Transport building. It wasn’t very big, though there was a large pen out in the water where several blue Pokemon were lazily floating around. There was a small pier going out into the pen. The building was white, and above the door there was a sign that read ‘Lapras Transport: Take the Scenic Route!’ There were dozens of small windows all around the building, and a set of doors on all four sides. Other than that, it was pretty plain.

The Pokemon themselves were light blue with darker blue splotches all over them. Their ears were curled, and they had blunt horns on their foreheads. Gray, spiky shells grew on their backs, and each one had four flippers and stubby tails that could be seen through the clear, calm water. The undersides of their necks and bellies were a pale cream color. Every now and then, one of them would give a crisp, sweet-sounding trill, which the others would quickly answer with their own cries.

“So these are Lapras?” Zoro asked as the group went up to the beach. Lei nodded as the Lapras pod turned to face them, not out of aggression but simply curiosity.

“Yup, the carriers of the sea, they call them. They love to ferry people around, and are very gently despite their size and power. They rarely ever fight, and that makes them exceptionally easy to catch. They’re also one of the most intelligent species of Pokemon known to exist. All these factors, combined with the fact that they’re really strong, have led to them becoming an endangered species. They’re been over-caught, not to mention that they get tangled in fishing nets a lot. There are a few groups, though, in Hoenn that’s working to re-establish them in the wild.”

“They sure are pretty,” Luffy commented, just as he had when they’d seen the Beautifly. Lei smiled a little as she waved for the group to follow her to the building. She tried a door, but found it was locked.

“Guess we have to wait a while longer. Still, we’ll probably be the first customers of the day. A lot of other people will be arriving soon, though, so I’m not getting too comfortable.”

So the group waited several minutes, and finally there came a click as the automatic lock was released. By this time, Lei and the others had been joined by a rather large number of other people, so the group quickly made their way inside and to the service desk before anyone else could beat them to it.

“You all together?” asked the middle-aged woman, whose half brown half gray hair was pulled into a tight bun on the top of her head. Her mahogany-colored outfit looked as if it had been dry-cleaned several times in a row. Her dark blue eyes scanned the group as she counted them all. “Four tickets?” Her tone was strict, and Lei gave a nervous smile as she shook her head.

“Er, seven actually,” she corrected, and the woman gave her such a severe stare that the younger was sorely tempted to look away. “Er, two Meowth, and a Poochyena too. So…seven…”

“Seven, then,” the woman said with a disdainful sniff. It was obvious she was one of those people who thought any Trainer Pokemon belonged in a Ball at all times, unless it was being used in a battle. “Where are you headed?”

“Johto Region, Olivine City docks.”

“Long ways away to be asking a Lapras to go,” the woman said with a disapproving glance. Lei scowled at her as the woman put the information into a computer, then printed out their tickets. Lei exchanged some money for them, and then passed one out to everyone. Usopp got two though; one for him and one for Poochyena. RM was able to hold her own, since she was willing to suffer walking on her hind legs for just a few minutes. The group then headed out the door on the left and out to where a group of white-clad attendants were standing in the water near the pen. They smiled as the group walked out to the edge of the beach, where the pier started. The group handed their tickets to a young man with bright red hair and pale gray eyes who was standing closest. He nodded as he read the tickets.

“Right, I think two Lapras should be enough for you lot,” he turned and motioned to the Lapras pod. “Ina, Oki, I think you two would be the best. Come forward, please.” He and the others watched as two smaller Lapras swam forward, looking pleased that they had been chosen and were the first ones to go out for the day. The man opened the gate and waved for Lei and the rest of the group to head down the pier to where the two Pokemon were waiting. After Lei demonstrated how to get on a Lapras Zoro and the other two, the group finally got themselves settled and ready to go. Usopp, Yas, RM, and Coin were one Ina, and the others were on Oki. “Now then, you guys are going to head to Olivine City in Johto, and drop these guys off at the docks, okay?” The two Lapras nodded, and the man smiled a little at Lei. “Right then, they’ll come back once they’ve delivered you to your destination. Have a nice trip, and thank you for choosing the Lapras Transport!”

With that, Ina and Oki swam out of the pen, and the group was off to Johto.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 09-14-2006 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:07 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

It looked great! I think I noticed one mistake, but I forgot what it was. Oh, well, it probably wasn't too important. I have a feeling something's going to happen on their way there...

Old 09-15-2006, 05:53 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Heh, oh yes, many a thing are going to happen in this chapter ^^. *Dances.* Enjoy this here update now!

Keepers of the Legends, Chapter Three, Part Two

It was a warm, breezy morning as the two Lapras sailed through the calm sea towards Johto. No one said anything as they swam, as each was lost in his or her own thoughts. After a while, Ina began to sing, and Oki quickly jumped in with lower notes. The sound was uplifting and charming, and it wasn’t long before Luffy asked the inevitable question.

“Why are they making those noises?”

“Lapras have a habit of singing when they’re relaxed and happy. It’s not something a lot of people, or Pokemon, for that matter, get the chance to hear in person,” Lei answered, patting Oki’s neck gently. “They must be really happy.”

Oki glanced back at Lei with an eye and smiled, giving a particularly loud cry of agreement. Ina nodded as the two continued to sing, swimming towards Johto.

However, the peaceful trip was abruptly and violently cut short as a suddenly blast of water in front of the Lapras caused them to draw back, giving little squeals of surprise and confusion. They called to each other, taking comfort in one another’s voices, and Lei finally managed to calm Oki down enough to look around. Whatever had caused the explosion was nowhere to be found. Until…

“Hhhhhhhnnnnnn!” Ina cried out as a huge blue beast ripped out of the water in front of her, its massive jaws agape and revealing dozens of deadly-looking fangs. She reared back as best she could, and Usopp grabbed for Yas as he held on to the Lapras’s shell. RM and Coin dug their claws in to keep from sliding off into the water, and the whole group let out cries of shock and fear.

“A Gyarados!” Lei gasped as she stared at the towering Pokemon. Its back and sides were a light baby blue, and its stomach was about the same color as the Lapras’. It had spots running down its segmented body on the sides, and two thin mustachios hung down from either side of the huge maw. Several fins decorated the body, and a triple-pointed frill rose from between vicious, crimson eyes. The hulking creature let loose an angry scream as it focused on Ina, who gave her own scream of fear. Her eyes were wide and her pupils had grown so small they were barely visible. Lei narrowed her eyes as Usopp and the others continued to hang on and keep from falling into the treacherous waters around them.

“What do we do?” Usopp shrieked, fear plain in his voice as he stared at the Gyarados in terror. “It’s huge!”

“Oki! Use an Ice Beam on it!” Lei cried out, and the Lapras nodded as he opened his jaws and fired a jagged, steaming beam of blue ice at the monster Pokemon before him. As the attack hit and momentarily stunned the Gyarados, Lei took the opportunity to pull Flygon’s Ball from her fanny pack. She released the Pokemon and watched as she flew up out of the Gyarados’s range of attack. “Flygon! Use a Dragonbreath attack!”

Flygon nodded and sucked in a breath, then shot out a yellow beam of energy just as the Gyarados recovered from Oki’s Ice Beam attack. It shook its head and turned to glare at the Lapras, Ina forgotten in its rage as it prepared to attack. Oki let out a squeal, challenging the larger and more Powerful Pokemon to fight. The Gyarados growled and narrowed its eyes, then seemed to study Lei and the others on Oki’s back. It growled again, deeper and lower.

Before the Gyarados could strike, though, Flygon’s Dragonbreath attack hit it in the back of the head. Letting out a fierce shriek, the Pokemon thrashed for a moment before going underwater. Lei waited, every muscle in her body tense. When the Gyarados didn’t return, she let out a relieved breath.

“It must have been paralyzed by the attack,” she muttered. Oki swam over to Ina’s side and cooed at her until she calmed down all the way, and Lei sighed again as she glanced up at Flygon. “Let’s keep moving. We want to get as far away from here as possible. I think I’ll let Flygon stay out of her Ball till we get to Olivine, in case it comes back for another round.” With that said, she coaxed the two Lapras into moving on, though she couldn’t help but glance back every few seconds.

“What the hell was THAT all about?!” Zoro demanded a moment later. He looked tense, and even Luffy seemed a bit ruffled. Lei shook her head and shrugged.

“Gyarados. They’re extremely vicious and often attack people or Pokemon for no reason. That one, though…something about it didn’t seem right. Usually when a Gyarados attacks, it does it in a blind fury, firing attacks left and right without stopping. That one, it didn’t attack right away. It saw Ina, and then when it turned to face Oki it seemed to…study us…” She frowned. “Like it was sent after us or something. Meh, I’m probably imagining things…”

“At any rate, I REALLY hope it doesn’t come back,” Usopp said, and Yas nodded fervently in agreement.

“Well, they’re mean, but they aren’t too bright. By the time it shakes off that paralysis, it’ll probably have forgotten about us. At least, I hope it has,” Lei said. Coin let out a funny sound somewhere between a cough and a snort.

“I knew we shoulda taken some uddah way ta Johto,” he said, sounding miffed. “Da watah ain’t no good. We shoulda taken some sorta flyin’ Pokemon or some’in’. We wouldn’ta had dis problem if we’da taken a flyin’ Pokemon. I betcha anyting I own. Or maybe a train or plane…”

“Quit complaining,” RM said, her fur poofed out. She licked a paw a few times, then gave it up as useless and dropped it. “We’re on our way already, and this is the fastest way.”

“Yeah, the only flying Pokemon companies use Salamence, for some reason. And Salamence aren’t very fast.”

“Well, dat might be true, but still…” Coin muttered before falling silent and glaring at the back of Ina’s head as the Lapras swam.

It wasn’t long, though, before the water around them began to act strangely. First it began to bubble, gently at first, until it was roiling madly and threatening to topple the Lapras over. The group shouted in surprise, and Lei clung to Oki’s neck as she looked around wildly.

“Something tells me we’re in trouble…” she said, and not a second later the water all around them blew upwards in a huge torrent. There came the sounds of a dozens of roars and bellows and screams, and as the water pelted down on the group Lei saw something that caused her blood to turn to ice.

For in front of them was not one Gyarados, but a huge writhing mass of them. Twenty, thirty, maybe more, all of them turning to face the two Lapras and their charges. To Lei’s right, Usopp and Yas let out twin whimpers of utter terror, and Zoro let out a faint whistle from behind her.

“Well...now what…?”

The shadow-cloaked man stood in the deep water, not seeming to notice he was getting soaked. He was watching the two Lapras vanish into the distance. He narrowed his eyes as he let out an angry hiss.

“There was only the one, and now there are three. I should have dealt with her before, before she’d had a chance to find help. Now I have to deal with three of them, and the power of the Legends. No matter, no matter, I’ve taken out stronger foes, or yes I have, stronger foes than these newborn weakling fools…” he muttered to himself. “Nip it in the bud, they say, and I’ll do it now. Don’t let them get a chance to grow stronger…” He lifted a hand out of the water, and in it was a PokeBall. He released the Pokemon inside, a large, particularly aggressive Gyarados he’d caught not long ago. The Pokemon let out a roar and focused on him, then fired off a Hyper Beam without warning. The man didn’t seem to worried, though, and just before the attack hit him the darkness around him sprang up to create a shield. The attack harmless bounced off and tore back at the Gyarados, slamming it in the face. The beast shrieked as it flailed around, rage and pain driving it absolutely crazy.

The shield lowered and the man watched a tendril of darkness break free from the mass around him. It reached out and slowly wrapped around the Gyarados, then yanked itself tight. The Gyarados let out another shriek as it was rendered immobile. The darkness held it up and the man smiled a little.

“Now now, none of that foolishness. I have something I want you to do. There are two Lapras, heading in that direction.” He pointed to where the two Transport Pokemon had been before vanishing. “I want you to kill them and the ones they’re carrying.” He flicked a hand, and the darkness around the Gyarados slid back to join its master. The large Pokemon stared at the man for a moment, then let out a faint rumble and sunk beneath the water. The man smiled more, a cruel, cold smile. He tilted his head back a bit as he began to sing a haunting song.

“Everything will fall, all shall be lost. My great darkness shall swallow the world in a blanket of loathing, in a sea of wrath, in an inferno of agony. All shall perish. You will be smothered by the hatred of my heart. The fury of my soul. The anguish of my mind. My black terror will spread and set the land ablaze, and cause the air to scream, and set the waters to boiling. There is no hope, and none can help. None can stop my darkness unleashed. You will all feel my hatred, my fury, my deepest sorrow. This is the end of all: there shall be no tomorrow.” He smiled more as he turned and walked from the water, and as he did the darkness around him slid further down his body to show he was completely dry. When he reached the beach, the darkness spread into a thick pool around him, twitching and pulsing in a sickening way. He turned to face the blue ocean, staring into space and seemingly waiting for something.

And then, he heard it. It was like a faint echo in the back of his mind. The screams of an enraged Gyarados. They didn’t last long though, and quickly fell silent. The man didn’t seem to concerned, and indeed there was no need. For several minutes later, he heard the shrieks again, and this time there were many many more of them. His little pet must have found some friends to join in the fun. It didn’t matter. Just so long as they got the job done.

The man smiled, running his tongue over his teeth like a Mightyena about to strike. The darkness rose up, slowly, and then engulfed the man with surprising speed. Then, the darkness formed itself into a shape, and as it did more shadows were added to it, until a huge, black, featureless Murkrow lunged into the air and headed for Johto.

“It’s no good, there’s too many!” Lei shouted above the deafening din of battle. Flygon had been trying to take on the giant mass of Gyarados by herself, but was no match for all of them. Her flying was getting erratic and jerky, and Lei knew her friend had had enough. After recalling her, Lei shifted and twisted until her back was facing the horrendous horde of Pokemon. “It’s time you guys learn the one thing everyone who’s not a Keeper wishes they could do,” she said quickly as she leaned forward and grabbed Zoro’s right hand, then leaned back and took up Luffy’s left. “Complete the circle, hurry!”

Zoro and Luffy gave each other puzzled looks, then shrugged and locked their free hands together. Both looked vaguely uncomfortable, but neither said anything about it. Lei took a breath and closed her eyes. “Oki, Ina, keep moving! Don’t let them hit you! They’ll need to stop moving to charge their Hyper Beams, so take advantage of it!” she ordered, and was answered immediately as Oki cried out and swiftly began to swim around. “Right then…I’ll say the chant first, then Luffy will join on the second, and Zoro on the third and last. It’ll help our summons get answered faster than if I did it once by myself. Ready?”

“Ready,” Luffy and Zoro agreed, and Lei took another breath as she tried to ignore the screams of the Gyarados.

“O mighty Titan of Lightening, we call upon your great power. Come forth and aide us, we call you, we beseech you, hear our voices and appear!” she said loudly, then after a pause said it again. Without hesitation, Luffy joined in, and it was like he’d known the chant his whole life. The same happened with Zoro as Lei and Luffy repeated it for a third time. Lei opened her eyes and looked up. “Now we just need to wait for Zapdos to arrive. Don’t break the circle, he’ll need the power increase from us to defeat all these Gyarados,” she added, for Luffy was readying to let go of her hand.

Time, though, was something they didn’t have. The Gyarados, tired of not being able to hit either Ina or Oki, regrouped and then formed an outward-facing circle. Each one opened its jaws wide, and began to fire out Dragon Rage attacks. The beams of blue, flame-like energy slammed into the water all around, making it impossible to see where one was going through the spray. It also made it impossible to see where the attacks were coming from. And it wasn’t long before Lei and the others heard Ina let out a scream of pain.

“No!” Lei cried, but didn’t let go of Luffy or Zoro. She tried to see through all the water in the air, but couldn’t. She heard Usopp and the others crying out, and was getting ready to break the circle herself when a sudden bolt of lightening ripped through the air above them. There came a piercing shriek, and Lei caught a flash of yellow and black as she looked up. Breathing a sigh of relief, she turned to Luffy and Zoro and exclaimed, “Zapdos has come! Now, let’s deal with these Gyarados and get on our way!”

^Rock Musical Bleach^