Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 07-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Luner_Eclipse Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default What do pplz like

Sorry if this a bad idea. I will not post a link to my rpg.

What do people like in an rpg? I just started one, and, well, no one really likes it. Ome member here is cool with it. I need more that just one member. So, I desided to ask members, what can I do to make it better. It's not all of the way finished, it has ubers and more.

Please, tell me what I can do.

^Please join. It's pritty damn good^

Old 07-06-2006, 07:25 PM
InvertrevnI Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to InvertrevnI Send a message via MSN to InvertrevnI
Default Re: What do pplz like

People like originality to start, but there's one thing that matters the most, challenge. If a game is too easy, it's just not fun, now is it? Another thing that's important is consistant gameplay, if you can't ref/grade thier battles, they'll become impatient and leave.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:40 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

You really need to make it more complex original than "OMG, team rocket attack, we good guyz an fight em off!!1!!1"

People want to see something that's original, and really engrossing. You need to think WAY outside the box for an RP to really be catchy to participate in. Second, believe it or not, but people like having some kind of special power. It could be from an artifact, a natural ability, or something else, but having something that helps them think in a different dimension will seem more appealing. Think of ANY RPG video game you've played. Which one of them DOESN'T allow you to obtain some special kind of power? I'm talking about that.

Secondly, get RPers to role play AGAINST each other. Having everyone on the same team will get boring sooner or later. And also, people like being in charge of stuff and having a power over an army, machines, or something similar. Also, battles of epic porportions seem to fare better interest.

The War RP, which is undoubtably the most popular RP as this moment contains ALL of these things blended together with rivalry on both sides. Trust me, I've learned a lot what makes a good RP with that...

*Moved to Role Play Discussion

Old 07-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Luner_Eclipse Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu
You really need to make it more complex original than "OMG, team rocket attack, we good guyz an fight em off!!1!!1"

People want to see something that's original, and really engrossing. You need to think WAY outside the box for an RP to really be catchy to participate in. Second, believe it or not, but people like having some kind of special power. It could be from an artifact, a natural ability, or something else, but having something that helps them think in a different dimension will seem more appealing. Think of ANY RPG video game you've played. Which one of them DOESN'T allow you to obtain some special kind of power? I'm talking about that.

Secondly, get RPers to role play AGAINST each other. Having everyone on the same team will get boring sooner or later. And also, people like being in charge of stuff and having a power over an army, machines, or something similar. Also, battles of epic porportions seem to fare better interest.

The War RP, which is undoubtably the most popular RP as this moment contains ALL of these things blended together with rivalry on both sides. Trust me, I've learned a lot what makes a good RP with that...

*Moved to Role Play Discussion
Wow. That's good.

I have it to where people can do just about anything they wish. They can pick a team, battle a team, deside their rival, have 2on1 or 2on2 battles, use non existing moves, obtain ubers and more.

Here is what I don't get. Why don't people ever pick the bad side and alwase be good.

I also update every hour or so. I do my best and use advantages. Types and more. They will not alwase win and they may lose.

Old 07-09-2006, 11:04 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luner_Eclipse
Wow. That's good.

I have it to where people can do just about anything they wish. They can pick a team, battle a team, deside their rival, have 2on1 or 2on2 battles, use non existing moves, obtain ubers and more.

Here is what I don't get. Why don't people ever pick the bad side and alwase be good.

I also update every hour or so. I do my best and use advantages. Types and more. They will not alwase win and they may lose.
There's solutions for that.

First, while giving them power is good, don't just say "have anything," tell them what they're exactly entitled to and how it came into existance. Tell them what powers they're getting and how they are involved with it.

Second, if you're worried about no one picking evil and everyone playing good, make both sides evil in their own unique way, but with differences in both sides that would seperate them from each other (such as beliefs, characteristics, followers, etc.). You can have Evil Vs Evil, such as Team Magma Vs Team Aqua, but I would highly recommend using something besides that example.

Old 07-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Luner_Eclipse Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
There's solutions for that.

First, while giving them power is good, don't just say "have anything," tell them what they're exactly entitled to and how it came into existance. Tell them what powers they're getting and how they are involved with it.

Second, if you're worried about no one picking evil and everyone playing good, make both sides evil in their own unique way, but with differences in both sides that would seperate them from each other (such as beliefs, characteristics, followers, etc.). You can have Evil Vs Evil, such as Team Magma Vs Team Aqua, but I would highly recommend using something besides that example.
Very good. I'll use that.
Here is the only problem. I don't want pplz to have a better advantage than others.

Old 08-20-2006, 01:12 AM
Danne112 Offline

(I'm gonna sort of jump in right here and give my two cents.)

As for advantages, you can somewhat control them, but if someone is going to god-mod (make their character invincible), then there's no way to stop it. But by making it so that players post their sign-up and then you have to accept it for them to get in, you can control what degree of strength all of the pokemon have.

For instance:
If you're supposed to be all young kids in the RP and someone's character has six legendary pokemon, you can say that their acceptance to the RP is pending but they must first change their pokemon.

If it's past the point of sign-ups, you can't really regulate it that much anymore, try PMing them if it gets excessive, although the players can't really take back their pokemon/powers by then if they're already in their sign up.

In an ideal RP, some will be better at certain things than others because good RPers give their characters strengths as well as weaknesses, just like in reality. That way, one character could be better in one situation and another will be in a different situation.

But if a character is older and more experienced, they will have an advantage over a younger, less experienced character that's just how life is, in that case you shouldn't worry too much.

Hope it helped a little even though it's pretty broad, good luck with your RP it's great that you're taking the time to learn about how to improve at it.