Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 04:58 PM
ashkelon Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green Game Discussion

Gods! That stat increase is so purty it hurts. Mmm Mmm

Old 11-02-2004, 05:50 PM
LATIAS2004 Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to LATIAS2004
Thumbs up Re: Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green Game Discussion

well im blessed cause I now have a chansey,suicune,mewtwo,two scyther's.Which im breeding to get a army of scyther's and teach them different moves . I traded over all the pkmn i wanted to keep from leaf green to fire red along w/the master ball.Then I wiped out my leaf green game . And then caught suicune and utered some stuff about myself having subrina's powers .Then I threw the master ball .
Old 11-02-2004, 07:53 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkelon
Gods! That stat increase is so purty it hurts. Mmm Mmm
Yeah, I really suggest EV raising Mons, if you haven't tried it before. Takes a few hours, but I'm really pleased with my Mewtwo (Not to mention it'll have 447 SpAttack at Lv100; no idea when his major SpAttack gain will happen).

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 11-02-2004, 10:11 PM
Marill Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marill Send a message via Yahoo to Marill

Hmm, when does EV's start to run out? I mean, I though there was a set limit of battles you could go through. Anyway, I wish there was a printable chart of EV's of Foe PKMN, so I could go train in specific areas.

Date Registered: 06/17/02 at 18:54:32
Old 11-02-2004, 10:37 PM
ashkelon Offline
Elite Trainer

There's one in this gamefaqs post

gamefaqs

Also here

under advanced then base and EV stats

I just started doing this kind of training and it rocks. Takes time to choose the moveset, then the nature, then where you're gonna train.

Old 11-04-2004, 09:12 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Well Marill, let me explain... Ghastly's give 1 EV in SpAttack (2 EV's if your Pokemons wearing the Macho Brace). If you battled 255 Ghastlys (Without MB) then no matter how many more Ghastlys you face, no more EVs would get used up. In short:

Each Pokemon has a maximum of 510 EV's, total, and only 255 EV max for each stat. How many of the 510 EV's that are in a stat at Lv100 determine the final stats for that Pokemon. You might've known some of that, but eh... It's the EV's you gain from battles, not the amount of battles themselves.

And yeah Ashkelon, EV training rocks. My Modest Mewtwo will be great for the battle tower, and once it's raised I might try raising a Charmander, before using up my Blast Burn MoveTutor.

EDIT: Just checked that FAQ... According to the calculation, my Mewtwo has 18 IV's in SpAttack, thus it will have 433 SpAttack max at Lv100... Sounds about right, but since I've only raised it 9 Lvs so far, and it hasnt had its major SpAttack boost yet (I mean, it's still 99 points away from 433, and 4(Average max stat gain at one time) * 21 = 84. One Lv must be worth around 20 SpAttack points, so after that I'll recalculate. In other words, it needs time to straighten out it's EVs into its SpAttack.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist

Last edited by Zenaku; 11-04-2004 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:04 PM
flyhighlatias! Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to flyhighlatias!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamon
Yeah, I really suggest EV raising Mons, if you haven't tried it before. Takes a few hours, but I'm really pleased with my Mewtwo (Not to mention it'll have 447 SpAttack at Lv100; no idea when his major SpAttack gain will happen).
how in the world ? 447 sp!!!?! I totaly went all out for mewtwo's special with the E.V. training and i reached only 397- i maxed it out with E.V.'s!! me jealous
VCP(Hall of Fame)

lv.100

Team Soul : where it's at baby!
lets see you do THAT for an hour straight!
Old 11-07-2004, 10:22 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyhighlatias!
how in the world ? 447 sp!!!?! I totaly went all out for mewtwo's special with the E.V. training and i reached only 397- i maxed it out with E.V.'s!! me jealous
Did you battle the right pokemon? That depends.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:23 PM
Gameboy Offline
New Trainer

It could be that, or the Individual Values.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Don't forget the nature. Modest nature gives +SpAttack, and yes, IV's affect the final stat. Unfortunately, my Mewtwo hasnt had its EV's in SpAttack realign yet, so I can't tell his exact IV's. Right now Mewtwo's Lv83 with 359 SpAttack. 17 more Lvs left, each gives about 4 SpAtk on average, so... At least 427 by Lv100. IV's say it should have 433, so it's about right.

Old 11-09-2004, 03:46 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Not only Modest nature boosts SAttack, Mild, Quiet and Rash all boost SAttack too.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:02 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
Not only Modest nature boosts SAttack, Mild, Quiet and Rash all boost SAttack too.
I know Raik, but only Modest nature boosts SpAttack and lowers Attack, which is why I only mentioned Modest.

Old 11-10-2004, 04:05 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamon
I know Raik, but only Modest nature boosts SpAttack and lowers Attack, which is why I only mentioned Modest.
He never mentioned anything about low attack, so he could have any of the SAttack boosting natures...
Old 11-13-2004, 09:27 AM
ducker Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: Pokemon FR/LG Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird
Everyone knows actually

But the same case happened to the old RBY...
(on the old rby games) u could go to a secret island, u could only get there through the safari zone by cheat. this was never posible in yellow version!

Old 11-26-2004, 12:30 AM
Hydros Offline
Elite Trainer

Where can i find the KingsRock?
Closed Thread