Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Old 06-12-2006, 04:27 PM
espeonlover Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: GLiTCH~ Questions/Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by absol2005
I visited Glitch city for the 1st time. I noticed that you can't stop walking/surfing/whatever or you'll be stuck. I didn't get to see the whole city.
well i got stuck then i surfed then i got out easy!

Signature broked, No peeking!
Old 06-12-2006, 04:34 PM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac

You can always just fly out of glitch city, you know.

Old 06-12-2006, 04:38 PM
espeonlover Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

i didnt want to leave you no

Old 06-12-2006, 07:27 PM
Meno Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Meno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Yes sir.

Okay, first you get the Pokemon you want to clone. If you want to clone an item as well, then attach it to that Pokemon. Next, save your game. Now, go to your PC, deposit the Pokemon you want to clone and then go to Change Box, select any other box and then when it says "Saving... don't turn off the power" turn off the power. If it worked, when you turn your game back on, you should have the Pokemon you were cloning in your party, and in your PC box.

I'm pretty sure that's how it works, I haven't done it in so long.
Actually, there is an easy explanation to why that works. You see, when you deposit a poke into the PC, the game actually erases the pokemon from the party, and then rewrites it into the memory's PC section (Yep, the file is NOT moved, but erased and rewritten.) BUT, when you save, the game, in order to prevent endless anger from random people, writes the "new" pokemon first (the "new" deposited poke) into the save file, and then erases what is needed to be erased from the party (the "old" poke). So, when you turn off your game in the middle of the process, what you are really doing is letting the game write the new poke in, but not erase the old one.

My guess would be that in the newe games (Ruby and up), the creators made it so that at the end of every save file, there would be a little "this is allowed to be loaded" clause of the program. The first thing that the game does before it saves your game is erase that clause, then write your savefile as usual, and then rewrite the clause back into the end. So, if you try the old cloning trick now, since there is no "allow to load" clause at the end, the game will deem the savefile "corrupt", and load the previous one that you had. Maybe, I am completely wrong, but this seems reasonable to me, and it makes plenty of sense in combination with what I already know.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:37 PM
uberpokemonx Offline
Elite Trainer

Post Re: GLiTCH~ Questions/Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by espeonlover
well i got stuck then i surfed then i got out easy!
If you wnat to see what Glitch Vity REALLY looks like, (this might only work in Yellow, i can't tell)fish somewhere. When you're done, Glitch City will be in it's true shape.

This has probbably been siad here, but....If you do the GC trick on Route 22, you'll end up in a GC where you can't see yourself. Press a direction, and the game will act like you're enetring a building....and you are!! You'll end on the bottom-right teleport pad of the top-right section of.....SABRINAS GYM!!! (Note: Pikachu has a gameshark!--When you get into the gym, Pikachu will be standing to your right...outside of the wall! If you talk to him, he acts normal, and he will come with you when you move.) Make yopur way out, and you'll be back in GC! If you move left, you'll be stuck in small area with an uncuttable tree. If ypu move right, you'll be in a slightly larger area with two unreadable signs. You can't move up or down (form the starting postion). There isn't anything else to see or do, so Fly out.

FOr those with short attention spans, DO THE CLITCH CITY TRICK ON R. 22 AND SEE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!

Yeah, and hey, Meno, nice explanation. No sracasm.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:37 PM
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn

I'm way to paranoid about corrupting my precious Crystal file to attempt cloning anything. I'm going to cry tears of hail when the battery gives up on me.
I lead a rather stable and boring pokemon life.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:40 AM
Meno Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by !CeMAn
I'm way to paranoid about corrupting my precious Crystal file to attempt cloning anything. I'm going to cry tears of hail when the battery gives up on me.
I lead a rather stable and boring pokemon life.
The battery lasts about 6 years, so, if you think that it's about time, buy a different, new Crystal, trade, and send in your old one to have its battery recharged. This way, you are IMMORTAL!!! Muhahaha!
Old 06-13-2006, 06:56 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meno
My guess would be that in the newe games (Ruby and up), the creators made it so that at the end of every save file, there would be a little "this is allowed to be loaded" clause of the program. The first thing that the game does before it saves your game is erase that clause, then write your savefile as usual, and then rewrite the clause back into the end. So, if you try the old cloning trick now, since there is no "allow to load" clause at the end, the game will deem the savefile "corrupt", and load the previous one that you had. Maybe, I am completely wrong, but this seems reasonable to me, and it makes plenty of sense in combination with what I already know.
I'm not sure if I understood correctly, or if this is what you were actually saying, but in the games from Ruby onwards, you no longer need to save when switching boxes, so that's why the cloning trick wouldn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmeleonblaze
I tried that 3 times on crystal but it didn't work.
Yeah, I've never been able to do it on my Crystal version. Some people say that it doesn't work on Crystal, but then others say that you just have to get the timing exactly right on Crystal, so it's harder to do it on there than on G/S.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:54 PM
charmeleonblaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

The cloning thing won't work for me.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:24 PM
uberpokemonx Offline
Elite Trainer

*sighs* No one paid any attention to my post.

Also, you can do the bizzare 'Glitch Dimension' trick on G/S/C.

1. Go to Vermillion City
2. Talk to the Machop that's 'stomping the ground flat'
3. Open your pack.
4. Select the Coin Case
5. Select 'USE'

When all this is done, the game will act as if you had done the A/B/Start/Select combo. The colors will be way off, even worse than what MissiongNo. does to R/B/Y. If you continue to do this glitch once you've done it, the colors will continue to change. Once, I even got it so my game looked like Blue version!
Old 06-13-2006, 03:30 PM
alice_the_dratini Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmeleonblaze
The cloning thing won't work for me.
I won't work for me either, maybe we didn't do it right.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:17 PM
espeonlover Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Yes sir.

Okay, first you get the Pokemon you want to clone. If you want to clone an item as well, then attach it to that Pokemon. Next, save your game. Now, go to your PC, deposit the Pokemon you want to clone and then go to Change Box, select any other box and then when it says "Saving... don't turn off the power" turn off the power. If it worked, when you turn your game back on, you should have the Pokemon you were cloning in your party, and in your PC box.

I'm pretty sure that's how it works, I haven't done it in so long.
which games does this work on?

Old 06-13-2006, 04:31 PM
uberpokemonx Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by espeonlover
which games does this work on?
you could have just read !Ce's post....Gold, Silver, and (possibly) Crystal.

Somebody please pay attention to my posts, there's some cool glitches in there....
Old 06-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Send a message via AIM to Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberpokemonx
*sighs* No one paid any attention to my post.

Also, you can do the bizzare 'Glitch Dimension' trick on G/S/C.

1. Go to Vermillion City
2. Talk to the Machop that's 'stomping the ground flat'
3. Open your pack.
4. Select the Coin Case
5. Select 'USE'

When all this is done, the game will act as if you had done the A/B/Start/Select combo. The colors will be way off, even worse than what MissiongNo. does to R/B/Y. If you continue to do this glitch once you've done it, the colors will continue to change. Once, I even got it so my game looked like Blue version!
That's creative. I knew there had to be a reason for that bugger.

I remember I used to always play Kirby's Dreamland with the colors inverted, and Ducktales II in brown, since it made the caves look real.
------
FrozenChaos703: I have a kitty named Peaches.
FrozenChaos703: She can stand on my boobs.
FrozenChaos703: Without falling.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:52 PM
Meno Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
I'm not sure if I understood correctly, or if this is what you were actually saying, but in the games from Ruby onwards, you no longer need to save when switching boxes, so that's why the cloning trick wouldn't work.
Not quite. What I was saying is that the game will not allow you to load a half-saved file, and since that is exactly what you do in the cloning trick, it simply does not work.