Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:44 PM
charizard_awesome Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: GLiTCH~ Questions/Discussion

ok. thnx, it worked
Old 06-25-2007, 01:05 AM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac
Default Get all G/S/C starters with one file!

I have recently spent a significant amount of time experimenting with pokemon G\S\C, and I discovered a method that will allow you to acquire all of the starters from professor Elm on the same file, without trading! As far as my knowledge goes, it is safe and relatively risk free, however, you do use the cloning glitch and turn off the power while saving, so if you are worried about it, don't bother. This will work on all three versions, but it is slightly more difficult in crystal version.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ ALL THE STEPS BEFORE DOING ANYTHING. If you know everything that you are doing before hand, it will prevent most mistakes.

1. Start a new file, so that you can obtain the starters from elm. If this a problem, then you may attempt to find someone to trade with, however, if you can trade with someone, then you probably have no need for this in the first place.

2. Before you choose your starter, save the game. Pick a starting pokemon, but bear in mind that only the last starter that you choose will end up on your pokedex, unless you breed them later.

3. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP!!!!!!! DO NOT SAVE THE GAME UNTIL YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH THE NUMBER OF STARTERS THAT YOU HAVE ACQUIRED!!!!!

4. Go to Mr. pokemon the first time that you perform this trick, and get the egg from him, take it to Elm, trash your rival along the way, get the pokeballs from Prof. Elm's aide, and travel to Cherrygrove city, because it is the closest place with a PC available.

5. Catch a party of pokemon, and buy pokeballs, give one to each pokemon in your party.

6. Go to the pokemon center and at the pc, deposit your starter and at least one other pokemon.

7. After depositing your party, go to the option "change box". Note: YOU WILL LOSE THE POKEMON YOU DID NOT DEPOSIT! change the box, and when it asks you to save the game, select yes, and it will say "Saving, do not turn off the power."

8. In GOLD AND SILVER versions, I have always turned the power off when the word "power" is being spelled, usually after the "p" and the "o".

9. In CRYSTAL version, the cloning process is much more difficult, and I recommend that you practice a few times until you are comfortable with the process before you actually proceed with this trick. in crystal, you MUST turn the power off ABOUT ONE HALF A SECOND AFTER THE WORD "POWER." HAS BEEN SPELLED COMPLETELY.

10. If done correctly, when you load up your file you will be standing in front of professor elm, preparing to choose your starter. remember that the final time you perform this process, your rival will choose his starter based on yours, just like always. after choosing your next starter, head back to cherrygrove, where your cloned party is waiting for you in the PC.

11. If you cloned a couple of others along with your starter, then you can simply restart here from step six, otherwise, you have to start from step five or even further back if you didn't clone the pokeballs along with your pokemon.

12. After you have all the starters, or as many as you want, save after getting your starter, and you will not be able to do this again.
P.S. I don't know if you will be able to clone more than five pokemon, I have not ever tried it. When someone finds out, they should PM me or post it here.

Credit: As far as I know I am the only person involved in the discovery of this trick, however, everyone involved in the cloning glitch deserves credit and recognition for their hard work as well. P.S. this is my first time ever posting anything that may or may not need credits, so if I did something incorrectly, please let me know.

Pokemonelite2000 is the only site that I will authorize to display this information at his moment in time, unless I am not allowed to authorize this at all, like I said, someone with more experience than me should tell me somehow, any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Brainiac; 06-25-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:53 PM
Shadow Tyranitar Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Duplication in Crystal

When you do the pc duplication trick, it won't screw up your game or anything, will it? I know it has the potential to delete one of your pokemon, but if you don't have any you care about, will it be safe?
Old 06-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac
Default Re: Duplication in Crystal

The duplication glitch in crystal works almost exactly the same in crystal as it does in gold and silver. you should check my post in the glitch discussion thread. It is the last one.

Old 06-30-2007, 06:05 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

I remember doing this trick... It made my Jolteon be named "Magikarp" and it only knew splash.

That's just because it was next to it in the box!

Djax94
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 06-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Brainiac Offline

There's usually risks when you try out glitches like this until you get the hang of them, but after a while you're pretty safe. Also, almost anything that goes wrong because of this glitch can be undone, I know, I've had my own share of problems. Last word, this should really be in the glitch discussion thread.

Old 07-01-2007, 02:13 AM
Shadow Tyranitar Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
There's usually risks when you try out glitches like this until you get the hang of them, but after a while you're pretty safe. Also, almost anything that goes wrong because of this glitch can be undone, I know, I've had my own share of problems. Last word, this should really be in the glitch discussion thread.
So nothing will happen to the actual game cartridge? It won't mess with the save file?
Old 07-01-2007, 03:52 AM
Brainiac Offline

Nothing that I have encountered has done any lasting damage to the save file, much less the game cartridge, however, I have heard stories about it happening, stories that were probably helped along by the expiration of the games internal batteries and incompetent people. Despite this, I can't completely rule out the possibility of damage to the game, since I have nothing to prove that it can't happen.

Old 07-01-2007, 06:38 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Tyranitar View Post
When you do the pc duplication trick, it won't screw up your game or anything, will it? I know it has the potential to delete one of your pokemon, but if you don't have any you care about, will it be safe?
It shouldn't mess up your game, but it can delete the Pokemon you're trying to clone/the other Pokemon in your box if you don't do it properly.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Shadow Tyranitar Offline
Experienced Trainer

I tried to do the trick, but it didn't work? Can you not do it in crystal?
Old 07-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
I tried to do the trick, but it didn't work? Can you not do it in crystal?
You can, but it's harder in Crystal because you have to get the timing exactly right.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Shadow Tyranitar Offline
Experienced Trainer

When is the right time?
Old 07-07-2007, 07:29 PM
dark_mon09 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Glitch In Yellow....

that's a weird glitch try giving it a rest
Old 07-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Brainiac Offline

Quote:
When is the right time?
See step 9 in the post about getting all the starters, that is the part about the duplication glitch in crystal.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:26 PM
guy5 Offline
Banned

Send a message via MSN to guy5

Great glitch. I did it about two days ago on my Pokemon Gold and it worked. I got all three starters without having to trade from Pokemon Silver or Pokemon Crystal.