Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 04-21-2004, 10:16 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Pokemon on Game Boy Advance Video!

Pokemon on Game Boy Advance Video!
-04/21/04-

Game Boy Advance Video will launched on June 21st, 2004. Using GBA cartridges, video are stored on the game cartridge, which can be used on a Game Boy Advance or SP to play the video without any extra devices necessary. The video is displayed on the Game Boy Advance or SP with full color and audio. The Pokemon series will be one of many different series that will be launched on June 21st.

Initially, there will be two Pokemon paks available, each containing two episodes. In one pak will contain "Playing with Fire!" and "Johto Photo Finish" and a second pak with "A Hot Water Bottle" and "For Ho-Oh The Bells Toll!" Each pak with a retail price of $19.99.

The official Game Boy Advance Video website is here: http://www.gba-video.com/

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: www.pokemonelite2000.com
Old 04-21-2004, 11:52 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco
Default Re: Pokemon on Game Boy Advance Video!

I heard of those. They won't be a hit though. They are slow and the sound is horrrible. That's what I hear.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:54 PM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto

I went to the official website for the GBA Video but I couldn't see Pokémon in the listing. Where did you get the box picture PE2K? Can you give me the official site where you got that?
Old 04-22-2004, 12:50 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario
I went to the official website for the GBA Video but I couldn't see Pokémon in the listing. Where did you get the box picture PE2K? Can you give me the official site where you got that?
He got it off of the Nintendo website.
I forsee other shows to come to the GBA like (hopefully) PKMN Housou, Kirby, and DB/Z/GT. I I bet Jirachi Wish Maker will also be on the GBA.
Old 04-23-2004, 04:50 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Luddico
I heard of those. They won't be a hit though. They are slow and the sound is horrrible. That's what I hear.
It hasn't even been displayed yet, so just wait until you see it before judging it. It won't be the best thing since sliced bread, but it should do fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario
Here's Nintendo offical announcement about it, the picture is there as well: http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?...&page=newsmain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust
He got it off of the Nintendo website.
I forsee other shows to come to the GBA like (hopefully) PKMN Housou, Kirby, and DB/Z/GT. I I bet Jirachi Wish Maker will also be on the GBA.
Each cartridge can only hold 45 minutes. They'll have to split it to sections if they did that, but for now, it's only for the TV series.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:25 PM
Kento Kasha Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Kento Kasha Send a message via MSN to Kento Kasha

If each cartridge can only hold 45 minutes, and about 30 of those minutes are spent showing the show, does that mean that the extra 15 minutes could be something like extras, or stuff like that?

-KK

Kento's Sceptile, RazorBlade!
Mastered @ 313 Posts
Kento's PokePet

Spiker, the Level 54 Dorapion!
Old 04-23-2004, 10:35 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kento Kasha
If each cartridge can only hold 45 minutes, and about 30 of those minutes are spent showing the show, does that mean that the extra 15 minutes could be something like extras, or stuff like that?

-KK
It doesn't mean they have to fill it all up to 45 minutes. Actually, it would use less than 30 minutes, excluding the commercials. There doesn't seem to be any extra features, just the episodes.
Old 04-25-2004, 07:01 PM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto
Talking Re: Pokemon on Game Boy Advance Video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
It doesn't mean they have to fill it all up to 45 minutes. Actually, it would use less than 30 minutes, excluding the commercials. There doesn't seem to be any extra features, just the episodes.
Correct, Pokémon episodes are only 20 minutes long excluding commericals. The Theme song is only less than a minute long and there are three commercial brakes; one after the theme song, one after ten minutes of the show, and the other before the show ends, each 3 minutes long. Since each cartidge contains 2 episodes, each will be 20 minutes long and the other 5, I have no idea what it's for.