Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 04-26-2004, 10:07 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default NASCAR Mess

News story: http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?...v=st&type=lgns

Basically, fans of Dale Earnhardt Jr., who came in second, wasn't happy with second place and the conditions of it. So what did they do? Caused a mess (see above picture). That's not exactly the most shocking thing in the world, fans not bahaving properly, but what Dale Earnhardt Jr said, that was shocking.

"Each little beer can out there has a little message on it," Earnhardt said. "What that message is, we don't all really know for sure. I don't think they really trashed the place. They were expressing themselves in the only manner they saw fit. You see one beer can go on the track and you can expect to see more following it."

So it's okay, to express yourself, even if it's wrong? So, by Earnhardt Jr's standards, would "expressing" yourself by killing someone be right? When someone murders a person, doesn't that person express themselves the only manner they saw fit? By murdering the person. Okay, so this ain't murder, far from it, but when I read that, it can be used in the same argument for murder. "Each little bullet out there has a little message on it... expresing themselves in a matter they saw fit... you see one murder and you can expect to see more following it." I was expecting him to issue a statement more towards the line of "Eventhough I am frustrated like the fans, I do not believe that's the healthy way to express our anger."

My favorite line of his has to be: "I don't think they really trashed the place." And then I stared at the image again:

For those that haven't seen NASCAR before, that stuff on the track aren't supposed to be there.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:22 PM
VenusaurTrainer Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via MSN to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to VenusaurTrainer
Default Re: NASCAR Mess

The track wasn't that bad compared to some other older races when the exact thing happend a few years back. My brother happend to be at the race and stated hes seen worse. They fans were expressing themselves because their voice needed to be heard. Its not like they could have came to the after race meeting for their word to be put in. Because NASCAR screwd Jr. over because they didn't want to see him win another race their.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:23 PM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange

"The cans weren't that hard to dodge..."

Yeah right....
Old 04-29-2004, 11:00 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenusaurTrainer
The track wasn't that bad compared to some other older races when the exact thing happend a few years back. My brother happend to be at the race and stated hes seen worse. They fans were expressing themselves because their voice needed to be heard. Its not like they could have came to the after race meeting for their word to be put in. Because NASCAR screwd Jr. over because they didn't want to see him win another race their.
Of course there is worse and possibly more worse, but what happened was pretty bad. And to say it wasn't trashed, that's undermining what happened.

Fans will be fans, and some fans choose to act that way, I just don't think a professional should say "A side of me really likes to see the reaction whether it was pro-Earnhardt or anti-Earnhardt." That's pretty much saying it's OK to act like that, eventhough it's wrong. I think we can come to the conclusion, whether specifically stated in the rules for the spectators or not, that throwing stuff onto to the track ain't exactly something "right" to do, it's something that is wrong and Earnhardt Jr shouldn't be promoting negative behavior like that.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:40 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Thats kinda stupid. I feel they're pain that there hero lost but they need to get over it. There are plenty of more races that he will be in and it's no reason to throw beer all over the track.

There was another incident but it has nothing to do with on the track.About a year ago Fox was scheduled to play a NASCAR tournement but instead they played a baseball game. One man was so furious he sent 500+ hate mails to Fox. He is in jail at this moment.
Old 04-30-2004, 02:40 AM
Inferno Offline

Send a message via AIM to Inferno

I don't think NASCARscrewed anybody. The decision that they made was fair, Gordon was leading when the flag came out, Jr. passed him after they waved the flag.
Being from alabama, I really didn't enjoy the fact that everyone (Jr. Fans that is) threw cans and cups a Jeff Gordon during his celebration. People can be mad with the way NASCAR handled it, but don't go to the extent of doing damage to property of a man, a team, or the track. I think the people in the stands handled it very poorly.
And to the thing with the guy sending 500+ hate e-mails to FOX, I'm sure he's in jail for threats or soemthing like that. Because you can't setence someone to jailtime for mail, unless it was threatening or damaging.
People just need to figure out how to control their passion and keep from getting upset so easily. Losing sucks, it's the only one thing in the world that really gets me flustered, but I still learn to lose gracefully. Let it eat you up inside, don't throw crap. LOL.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:52 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno
I don't think NASCARscrewed anybody. The decision that they made was fair, Gordon was leading when the flag came out, Jr. passed him after they waved the flag.
Being from alabama, I really didn't enjoy the fact that everyone (Jr. Fans that is) threw cans and cups a Jeff Gordon during his celebration. People can be mad with the way NASCAR handled it, but don't go to the extent of doing damage to property of a man, a team, or the track. I think the people in the stands handled it very poorly.
And to the thing with the guy sending 500+ hate e-mails to FOX, I'm sure he's in jail for threats or soemthing like that. Because you can't setence someone to jailtime for mail, unless it was threatening or damaging.
People just need to figure out how to control their passion and keep from getting upset so easily. Losing sucks, it's the only one thing in the world that really gets me flustered, but I still learn to lose gracefully. Let it eat you up inside, don't throw crap. LOL.
Hate mail is a threat. Yes, they handled it poorly. I'm sure he's lost plenty of races and they didn't throw beer then!