Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 05-03-2004, 10:30 PM
ElimN8 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ElimN8 Send a message via MSN to ElimN8 Send a message via Yahoo to ElimN8
Question Double Battle Teams

This thread is essentially for anyone wanting to post/get feedback on Double Battle techniques, as well as the assembled teams based on those techniques. Thought one thread for it all would be easier.

I'll start things off. I'm currently in the process of raising a team of 6, which I'll be dividing into 3 groups of 2, each paired up to help the partner.

My Double Battle Team-in-progress is as follows:

1st Pair

Weezing M
Levitate
-Sludge
-Shadow Ball
-Memento / Haze ?
-Destiny Bond

+

Golem M
Rock Head
-Explosion
-Facade
-Double-Edge
-Earthquake

>Okay, here's the deal with the first set. Basically the concept is, Weezing uses Sludge on Golem to poison it, increasing Facade's damage. Because of Golem's Rock Head, it can also do Double-Edge without any recoil to worry about. Earthquake doesn't effect Weezing, and if Golem were to use Explosion, Weezing could easily use Destiny Bond to take out any survivors.

Only problems are:
  1. Sludge doesn't always successfully poison
  2. Golem still gets posioned when/if it does work, which is intentional, but irreversable (attaching a Pecha doesn't do anything for him; it'd kick in automatically and defeat the purpose) -- I've thought of subbing in a Sudowoodo with 3/4 Golem's moveset +Thief, and a Pecha on Weezing for it to steal, but I'm not sure which one to go with.

2nd Pair

Dusclops M
Pressure
-Disable
-Memento
-Destiny Bond
-Shadow Ball / Shadow Punch ?

+

Banette M
Insomnia
-Skill Swap
-Shadow Ball
-Grudge
-Spite

>The idea for this set was basically to hack at the foe's PP... If things got bad for Dusclops, Skill Swap to keep Pressure on-deck and then either use Destiny Bond, or Memento, to lower the foe's stats.

3rd Pair

Magneton N @ Magnet
Magnet Pull
----
----
----
----

+

/ ???
Camerupt OR Other
Magma Armor vs. ---
----
----
----
----

>What I wanted here was something to fight Steel-types. Idea: Magnet Pull Steel Pokemon to prevent escape, then heat them into oblivion. I don't know which moves to give them though, or whether to trade in Camerupt for another Fire-type, if I end up keeping this set-up.

Last edited by ElimN8; 05-03-2004 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:27 PM
Silver Flygon Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: Double Battle Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElimN8
This thread is essentially for anyone wanting to post/get feedback on Double Battle techniques, as well as the assembled teams based on those techniques. Thought one thread for it all would be easier.

I'll start things off. I'm currently in the process of raising a team of 6, which I'll be dividing into 3 groups of 2, each paired up to help the partner.

1st Pair

Weezing M
Levitate
-Sludge
-Shadow Ball
-Memento / Haze ?
-Destiny Bond
Do Haze.Other Pretty Good.
+

Golem M
Rock Head
-Explosion
-Facade
-Double-Edge
-Earthquake
Good Job
>Okay, here's the deal with the first set. Basically the concept is, Weezing uses Sludge on Golem to poison it, increasing Facade's damage. Because of Golem's Rock Head, it can also do Double-Edge without any recoil to worry about. Earthquake doesn't effect Weezing, and if Golem were to use Explosion, Weezing could easily use Destiny Bond to take out any survivors.

Only problems are:
  2. Golem still gets posioned when/if it does work, which is intentional, but irreversable (attaching a Pecha doesn't do anything for him; it'd kick in automatically and defeat the purpose) -- I've thought of subbing in a Sudowoodo with 3/4 Golem's moveset +Thief, and a Pecha on Weezing for it to steal, but I'm not sure which one to go with.

2nd Pair

Dusclops M
Pressure
-Disable
-Memento
-Destiny Bond
Go With Shadow Punch since you have shadow ball already.
+

Banette M
Insomnia
-Skill Swap
-Shadow Ball
-Grudge
-Spite
Good Job
>The idea for this set was basically to hack at the foe's PP... If things got bad for Dusclops, Skill Swap to keep Pressure on-deck and then either use Destiny Bond, or Memento, to lower the foe's stats.

3rd Pair

Magneton N @ Magnet
Magnet Pull
----
----
----
----
Try T-Bolt, Sonic Boom, T-Wave, Maybe Screech
+

/ ???
Camerupt OR Other
Magma Armor vs. ---
----
----
----
----
If Camerupt Try Eruption, E-Quake, Focus Energy, Body Slam

If Not Camerupt

Ninetails
Flash Flare
Howl
Flamethrower
Confuse Ray
Imprison

>What I wanted here was something to fight Steel-types. Idea: Magnet Pull Steel Pokemon to prevent escape, then heat them into oblivion. I don't know which moves to give them though, or whether to trade in Camerupt for another Fire-type, if I end up keeping this set-up.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:05 AM
Neptune's Disciple Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neptune's Disciple

Quote:

1st Pair

Weezing M
Levitate
-Sludge
-Shadow Ball
-Memento / Haze ?
-Destiny Bond
good, go with haze, maybe explosion over shadow ball, use destiny bond one turn before, and take them out, sludge bomb over sludge
+

Golem M
Rock Head
-Explosion
-Facade
-Double-Edge
-Earthquake
Rockslide over explosion, because if you go with the above moveset for weezing you already have EQ. Brickbreak over Facade

Only problems are:

2nd Pair

Dusclops M
Pressure
-Disable
-Memento
-Destiny Bond
shadow punch, but otherwise, its good
+

Banette M
Insomnia
-Skill Swap
-Shadow Ball
-Grudge
-Spite
good

3rd Pair

Magneton N @ Magnet
Magnet Pull
T-bolt
Tri attack
Thunderwave
Metal Sound

+

/ Chesto Berry
Camerupt
Magma Armor
[COLOR=darkred]Eruption
Rockslide
EQ
Rest ((give it a Chesto berry to wake it up, so that Eruption will always work to its best))

Last edited by Neptune's Disciple; 05-04-2004 at 06:08 AM.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:36 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

*n00b siren sounds*
RUN PEOPLE! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

--

Weezing & Golem Combo: Why would Sludge > Sludge Bomb? And Rock Blast somewhere on Golem to take out Subbers/Counter-ers might seem useful. I'm stupid at Double Battles, but that's all I could help now >_> Oh yeah, FYI, Skarmory > This two.

--

Dusclops & Banette Combo: Banette is so weak, I doubt it can pull off many Spites. And its speed isn't really that good, you might die before you can SSwap. Fast Sweeper > Your team.

--

Magneton & Camerupt Combo: Ehh...It could work...It's not like there are many steels to counter anyways.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:07 PM
ElimN8 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ElimN8 Send a message via MSN to ElimN8 Send a message via Yahoo to ElimN8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Flygon
Do Haze.Other Pretty Good.

Go With Shadow Punch since you have shadow ball already.
Duely noted. I was thinking the same thing actually.

Quote:
Magneton N @ Magnet
Try T-Bolt, Sonic Boom, T-Wave, Maybe Screech
I was considering a more damaging moveset, or perhaps one that helps the other Pokémon out...if not, fine; so far all I really require from Magneton is its Ability.

Quote:
If Camerupt Try Eruption, E-Quake, Focus Energy, Body Slam

If Not Camerupt

Ninetails
Flash Flare
Howl
Flamethrower
Confuse Ray
Imprison
...Does Flash Fire only absorb fire attacks if it's on the 'mon being attacked upon, or does it work like Lightning Rod and make it so that neither party is hit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercharizard
good, go with haze, maybe explosion over shadow ball, use destiny bond one turn before, and take them out, sludge bomb over sludge
I've used my Sludge Bomb TM already, and I'm not going to bother breeding it since Weezing's already fully trained; all that's potentially left is the final touches on his moveset. Sludge was meant for Golem, for the purpose of increase Facade's power. I chose it over Sludge Bomb since both attacks have a 30% chance of poisoning, and the less damage done to my Pokémon, the better. I put Shadow Ball on him for resistance against Psychics.

Quote:
Rockslide over explosion, because if you go with the above moveset for weezing you already have Explosion*. Brickbreak over Facade
Subbing in for Brickbreak kind of defeats the purpose of my Poison-Facade strategy...

Quote:
/ Chesto Berry
Camerupt
Magma Armor
Eruption
Rockslide
EQ
Rest ((give it a Chesto berry to wake it up, so that Eruption will always work to its best))
Excellent. Thanks. EDIT: X is right; I can't believe I didn't notice that at first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
*n00b siren sounds*
RUN PEOPLE! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
Hilarious... If you were talking to me, keep in mind that not only is my team a work in progress, but I've been playing the game for years, and I possess absolutely no "n00b" qualities of any sort as I listen to advice, never claim to be the best in cases where I'm clearly not, bash others, or bug people/post anything in a particularly annoying fashion.

Quote:
Weezing & Golem Combo: Why would Sludge > Sludge Bomb? And Rock Blast somewhere on Golem to take out Subbers/Counter-ers might seem useful. I'm stupid at Double Battles, but that's all I could help now >_> Oh yeah, FYI, Skarmory > This two.
I chose Sludge over SB for a reason. See explanation above. A Skarmory could be dealt with simply by switching out to Set 3, if it stays.

Quote:
Dusclops & Banette Combo: Banette is so weak, I doubt it can pull off many Spites. And its speed isn't really that good, you might die before you can SSwap. Fast Sweeper > Your team.
Spite has 100% accuracy, why would it be so hard to pull off? I don't see what Banette's relative strength has to do with that either.

Quote:
Magneton & Camerupt Combo: Ehh...It could work...It's not like there are many steels to counter anyways.
Exactly why I have my doubts. I was considering my opponent's Metagross (which he might not even use) when I thought of this one.

Last edited by ElimN8; 05-04-2004 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:48 PM
DarkMasterX Offline
Banned

Quote:
/ ???
Camerupt /Chesto Berry
Magma Armor
[COLOR=darkred]Eruption
Rockslide
EQ
I don't think EQ would be smart since it would probably OHKO his Magneton.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:21 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

lol X. Smart guy, I didn't see that mistake =P

Quote:
...Does Flash Fire only absorb fire attacks if it's on the 'mon being attacked upon, or does it work like Lightning Rod and make it so that neither party is hit?
Neither parties are hurt.

Mon used fire attack.
Ninetales's FLASH FIRE absorbed the fire attack and raised its fire attacks power!
Quote:
Hilarious... If you were talking to me, keep in mind that not only is my team a work in progress, but I've been playing the game for years, and I possess absolutely no "n00b" qualities of any sort as I listen to advice, never claim to be the best in cases where I'm clearly not, bash others, or bug people/post anything in a particularly annoying fashion.
Nah, I was talking to the other n00bs. Why would I call you a n00b, anyway?
Quote:
I chose Sludge over SB for a reason. See explanation above. A Skarmory could be dealt with simply by switching out to Set 3, if it stays.
I'd try Poison Gas or something(NOT TOXIC, cuz it increases dmg every turn), since Sludge/Bomb will hurt Golem.
Quote:
Spite has 100% accuracy, why would it be so hard to pull off? I don't see what Banette's relative strength has to do with that either.
Go mon.
Go Banette.

Mon used attack.
Banette spited.

Mon used Attack. Banette died.

It's so fragile, you'd be better off using him as a sweeper.
Quote:
Exactly why I have my doubts. I was considering my opponent's Metagross (which he might not even use) when I thought of this one.
Metagross kills both of your mons with EQ anyways. And oh yeah, Dusclops might have a chance to deal with Metagross if used properly.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:49 AM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Steven

Aggron
Earthquake
Iron Tail
Take Down
Double Edge

Flygon
Sandstorm
Crunch
Dragon Breath
Hyper Beam

They suck, but you can do whatever. I just want to keep Equake because of levitate and double edge because of rock head. I also want to keep sstorm because they both aren't affected by it. You can do whatever with everything else and give them items of whatever, softsand, or whatever, don't care, need help.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:54 AM
Neptune's Disciple Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neptune's Disciple

if you were referring to me being the n00b, I accept other peoples suggestions, and dont do the other stuff that n00bs do

thanks for the advice on the magneton/camerupt combo, as I was thinking of using it

and scrap what I said about the Facade thing, but, what I was saying about the destiny bond explosion thingy was that if you use destiny bond on the opponent with the highest defence, then take yourself out with explosion, it should hopefully take out the opponent with the lower defence, as well as the high defence one because of desitny bond. Explosion shouldn't do too much to Golem either because of its high defence.