Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 04-30-2006, 07:55 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Default I want a closure to Pokemon

If Pokemon is not to be brought back, why don't this company make us a closure episode?

THink of it:
Ash is the Pokemon master
Ash chooses between Misty and May
May is Pokemon cooridinator
Max turns 10, goes on Pokemon journey
Brock might get girl of his dreams.

So come on, give us a closure. Don't be like Sailor Moon and give us this episode 65 and then go back to 1, give me the next episode and give us closure! Least fans petitioned to get Sailor Moon's S and Super S shown, petition to give us a closure to Pokemon if you don't want to show it!
Old 04-30-2006, 10:15 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: I want a closure to Pokemon

But Pokemon is to be brought back...

Just because one network isn't showing it definately doesn't mean that it's not going to be shown anywhere anymore. And it's still going strong in Japan, I believe. I don't think there'll be finishing up anytime soon. Pearl and Diamond are sure to have a whole new set of Pokemon and a new region for Ash (and Misty I hope) to explore.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:06 AM
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn

If they ever close Pokemon, which i doubt we'll get to see in our lifetimes, i hope Brock gets to settle down with Joy AND Jenny .

Live the American dream and all that.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:29 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

BUt if Pokemon's 9th season has been bought, who in the world is going to show it if Kids WB has been axed and this CW won't show it for they got too much, excuse the language now, unqualified CRAP on the air? Most of the stuff they got on CW is the same as Cartoon Network, lame, worthless, not worth my time, and bad quality TV! It's bad enough when cartoon network axes Justice League and gives you a bad replacement for it! From what I know, I can't envision FOX buying and showing Pokemon. I think NBC stopped showing cartoons, I think CBS shows Nick Jr. stuff. ABC shows DIsney stuff! WHere is the next season going to wind up if we can't see it, nor have access to the channel showing it? I certainly can't even get the station in Tokyo that shows Pokemon.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Very few animes ever get a true ending, many of them, like Ranma 1/2, just sort of end with many issues still hanging in the air unanswered.
If Pokemon never gets an all in one ending it will be in the company of countless animes before it...

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 05-23-2006, 08:06 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan
BUt if Pokemon's 9th season has been bought, who in the world is going to show it if Kids WB has been axed and this CW won't show it for they got too much, excuse the language now, unqualified CRAP on the air? Most of the stuff they got on CW is the same as Cartoon Network, lame, worthless, not worth my time, and bad quality TV! It's bad enough when cartoon network axes Justice League and gives you a bad replacement for it! From what I know, I can't envision FOX buying and showing Pokemon. I think NBC stopped showing cartoons, I think CBS shows Nick Jr. stuff. ABC shows DIsney stuff! WHere is the next season going to wind up if we can't see it, nor have access to the channel showing it? I certainly can't even get the station in Tokyo that shows Pokemon.
lol, don't worry. When you posted this, it seemed uncertain, but it's more certain now. With Cartoon Network picking up Pokemon Advanced Challenge, that's a good sign where the new season will be going to. And it will also air Pokemon Chronicles, new never before seen episodes in the US for the first time.

Sailor Moon is an entirely different situation. It wasn't popular. Pokemon on the otherhand, it's a popular show, money to be made. Sailor Moon, not as popular, not much money to be made. So Pokemon will end up somewhere, and the best guess right now is Cartoon Network.

But yea, don't worry about such things this early. If it were September and Pokemon doesn't have a home yet, that's a good time to worry. But in May? Nah, we're still 4 months away from the fall lineup, so no worries.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:37 AM
The Shogun Offline
Experienced Trainer

Pokemon will never have closure. It will be one of those shows that ends leaving everything unanswered when it finally goes under.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:50 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shogun
Pokemon will never have closure. It will be one of those shows that ends leaving everything unanswered when it finally goes under.
Japanese anime of these sorts do usually do have a concrete ending. It might leave some things unanswered, but we'll have some sense of closure. But from the looks of it, we're still far far away from that closure.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:38 PM
theEND Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to theEND Send a message via MSN to theEND

I don't like the idea of a Pokemon closure. Pokemon was probably one of the very few first animes I watched as a kid and then began to like it and never let go of it. Meaning I don't want the series to end. Pokemon can just forever and ever! Generation after generation, the Pokemon creator's children can just draw and draw.

And what's this about Sailormoon actually having fans?
Old 05-23-2006, 06:38 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoPika
I don't like the idea of a Pokemon closure. Pokemon was probably one of the very few first animes I watched as a kid and then began to like it and never let go of it. Meaning I don't want the series to end. Pokemon can just forever and ever! Generation after generation, the Pokemon creator's children can just draw and draw.

And what's this about Sailormoon actually having fans?
All good things must come to an end, but it won't be happening anytime soon, that's for sure.

And yes, there are Sailormoon fans . I think for many people, Sailor Moon was one of the first animes people have ever seen. Definitely one of the most popular animes in Japan, though didn't really get big here in the US.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:35 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Quote:
And what's this about Sailormoon actually having fans?[/
I am a Sailor Moon fan thank you very much. And it was very popular. The trouble was the Sailor Moon got to the end of what they would dub of it. The issue was never 'there are not enough people watching it', it was that the dubbing companies would not touch the last season with a 10 foot pole even if we begged (even if they have dubbed far worst animes) . And so, Sailor Moon was doomed to reruns at the end of which time it was taken off the air. Currently, no one has the rights to dub Sailor Moon even in the US because the maker of SM has decided she wanted to focus on other things and there is nothing anyone can do about it. So, lack of fandom was never the death of Sailor Moon in the US, it just was not a huge fad like pokemon started as :) (well, outside of those of us who grew up loving it to bits ;) )

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art

Last edited by Orange_Flaaffy; 05-23-2006 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:16 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy
I am a Sailor Moon fan thank you very much. And it was very popular. The trouble was the Sailor Moon got to the end of what they would dub of it. The issue was never 'there are not enough people watching it', it was that the dubbing companies would not touch the last season with a 10 foot pole even if we begged (even if they have dubbed far worst animes) . And so, Sailor Moon was doomed to reruns at the end of which time it was taken off the air. Currently, no one has the rights to dub Sailor Moon even in the US because the maker of SM has decided she wanted to focus on other things and there is nothing anyone can do about it. So, lack of fandom was never the death of Sailor Moon in the US, it just was not a huge fad like pokemon started as :) (well, outside of those of us who grew up loving it to bits ;) )
And before there was a Justice League, there was in fact Sailor Moon and her girls keeping Japan safe. I feel US did a basic (without bad language now) hack job on Sailor Moon. BUt I am graciously lucky to have 4 of their seasons on DVD via Amazon.

A live version of Sailor Moon was made I think about 2 years ago in Japan, possibly an attempt to bring some type of version back in Japan. It only lasted one season, but at least Naoko gave everybody a closure to it, as in live version of Serena married her Darien. The short lived live version is only availiable from Ebay so watch your seller there.

There are many Sailor Moon fan fiction sites that keep her legacy alive next to other sites similar to this, including a Moon Princess site with forum. I love to write about Sailor Moon. I have her crossed into many stories, including sharing adventures with Justice League and crossing over into Smallville.

Of course in the 17 years of the Simpsons, there's been plenty of scenes, yet Sailor Moon's final season is like taboo or something. Come on, I want to see NEphrenia turned into a little girl and given her love, least give me 5 episodes of that instead of Nephrenia getting old, going back to her mirror, and floating off in space.

Pokemon is great, but I enjoyed Sailor Moon as I think that was one of the finest Anime ever made. I like all the girls, including Rini. RIni shall always be Chibi Moon, not this Mini Moon. Who thought of that? I need my Moon Wand now!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:25 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

yeah..thanks to incoming popularity of bey blade..pokemon might be shunted offf....
Old 05-31-2006, 06:23 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan
And before there was a Justice League, there was in fact Sailor Moon and her girls keeping Japan safe. I feel US did a basic (without bad language now) hack job on Sailor Moon. BUt I am graciously lucky to have 4 of their seasons on DVD via Amazon.

A live version of Sailor Moon was made I think about 2 years ago in Japan, possibly an attempt to bring some type of version back in Japan. It only lasted one season, but at least Naoko gave everybody a closure to it, as in live version of Serena married her Darien. The short lived live version is only availiable from Ebay so watch your seller there.

There are many Sailor Moon fan fiction sites that keep her legacy alive next to other sites similar to this, including a Moon Princess site with forum. I love to write about Sailor Moon. I have her crossed into many stories, including sharing adventures with Justice League and crossing over into Smallville.

Of course in the 17 years of the Simpsons, there's been plenty of scenes, yet Sailor Moon's final season is like taboo or something. Come on, I want to see NEphrenia turned into a little girl and given her love, least give me 5 episodes of that instead of Nephrenia getting old, going back to her mirror, and floating off in space.

Pokemon is great, but I enjoyed Sailor Moon as I think that was one of the finest Anime ever made. I like all the girls, including Rini. RIni shall always be Chibi Moon, not this Mini Moon. Who thought of that? I need my Moon Wand now!
I have the whole live action series (which ended not becuase it was not well liked, but becuase even the best live action shows (save the classic ones that have run for 20 years or more with spin offs) normally only run a season in Japan) as well as most of the musicals on DVD. It would be cool if pokemon got the same treatment but IMHO, while it is a good game, it lacks the depth in terms of a running plot to do so for a whole season.

As for Bayblade, I'm pretty sure that and Beomon (or however you spell it) never really took off in the US the way pokemon did. I don't think pokemon has anything to fear from a game about spining tops and robots shooting marbles :P

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art

Last edited by Orange_Flaaffy; 05-31-2006 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:56 AM
Kuresuten Offline
New Trainer

Isn't Beyblade that thing with the spinning tops?

That. Just, no. Spinning tops. *smacks head* For goodness sakes. No.

Beyblade has got to be the dumbest thing EVER. Uugh. Honestly, I don't think it could ever reach where Pokemon is. I mean, you could ask a random person on the street if they knew what Pokemon was (with the exception of them older folk), and they'd have some kind of knowledge. Whereas Beyblade, I don't think so.

So anyway, closure for Pokemon is definitely far off. I don't think Pokemon will ever have true closure though. Since even if the anime ends, the games are extremely enjoyable, and that's potential. For what? Money. EXACTLY. If there's money to be made, developers will go for it. And quite frankly, I'll be buying these games. Oh yes. Definitely.

So yeah. Just my 2 cents.