Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 04-30-2006, 08:01 AM
Espeon Rinage Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Espeon Rinage Send a message via MSN to Espeon Rinage Send a message via Yahoo to Espeon Rinage
Default Re: New Voices For Pokemon

Me and pokemon trainer sarah have decided to turn this thread into a partition, put your name and why the new actors are crap, then we will be sending them what we gewt via Email, we could change the pokemon anime for eva

Made By Me :D

Last edited by Espeon Rinage; 05-01-2006 at 06:44 AM.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeon Rinage
Me and pokemon trainer sarah have decided to turn this thread into a partition, put your name and why the new actors are crap, then we will be sending them what we gewt via Email, we could change the pokemon anime for eva
Lol, ER, that's not what I said. If you want to try to change it, the best thing to do is to send a letter to PUSA objecting to the new voice actors. They're much more likely to take notice of letters than e-mails and internet petitions anyway.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:31 AM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
But wasn't the whole point of this special to test the new voice actors, or not? =\
I checked the article on serebii about it. the article in fact contradicts itself.

It states the special is to be a testing ground for the new voices, yet at the same time it also states that the new actors for the ninth season have yet to be chosen...

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika57
I checked the article on serebii about it. the article in fact contradicts itself.

It states the special is to be a testing ground for the new voices, yet at the same time it also states that the new actors for the ninth season have yet to be chosen...
Yeah, I'm a bit confused about that too. I've also heard that if the voice actors are recieved well (from the special) then they likely will be the new voice actors. I'm not really sure exactly.

I just heard May and Brock =\ May sounds like Ash's mum ^^; Brock's voice sounds way too old for him... *sigh*
Old 04-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Pokemon Master 101 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenaku
Just finished watching. Personally, I loved the voices; much better than the beginning of Indigo. Sure, they're not perfect, but I still liked them. That's all that really matters to me.

It's really pissing me off though (Excuse the language), at how it seems hundreds of people have amazingly become accomplished fortune tellers, and begun foretelling the demise of the anime if it continues on the current path. Such idiots...

Then again, I watch both the dub and raw, so more than 1 voice for a single character is pretty much normal to me. I especially liked Mays new voice. Just a little more practice with different tones of voice and she'll be one of the better new voices.
I have to agree. The vocies are pretty good. They were better than expected. Like Zenaku said, The vocies will get better as the anime progresses.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:20 PM
theEND Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to theEND Send a message via MSN to theEND

I don't think I can remember any of the old voices back in the Indigo League(When Ash gets Pikachu and so on). Ash's Actor might be the same but that doesn't mean he isn't old. The voice I hated most in Master of Mirage Pokemon was Max. We all see Max as a young little kid(And May's age was 10 so imagine Max's age). Max's voice sounds something like a 12 year old's or 9-10's.

P.S. - Did anyone notice that Ash's voice actor in the movie used monotone(I think that's like using the same voice pitch every time) on dramatic moments.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:55 PM
InvertrevnI Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to InvertrevnI Send a message via MSN to InvertrevnI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan
, wish a Ebert and Roepert reviewed that!
Ebert and Roepert review movies.

Anyway, James doesn't sound like a girl anymore. XD!
Brock sounds like a drip.
Misty's voice makes my head want to explode .
Ash is just .
Pikachu sound .
Jesse sounds like .

I hate the new voices.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:48 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

As far as "testing ground" goes, it seems only a few people realize that these new actors are obviously on contracts; such things are never made for a single episode if the voices may be used in many more. I doubt PUSA could write "Might extend contract further than 1 episode if fans like the voice" on their contracts either.

If such is true, no matter how many letters you write, it won't change anything. A contract is a contract.

Anyway, let's give a little credit list, from ANN (Format: Mirage character, VA name, pokemon anime appearances):

Ash/Max/Jenny: Erica Schroeder
May: Michelle Newman
Misty: Kelly Davis
Jessie: Diane Stillwell
James: Billy Regan
Professor Oak/Meowth: Jimmy Zoppi

Full list here: http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclop...me.php?id=6258

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 04-30-2006, 10:54 PM
InvertrevnI Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to InvertrevnI Send a message via MSN to InvertrevnI

Wow, Ash's vioce is played by a girl .
Old 04-30-2006, 11:03 PM
plasmaball3000 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to plasmaball3000 Send a message via AIM to plasmaball3000 Send a message via MSN to plasmaball3000 Send a message via Yahoo to plasmaball3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaquanzaFan
Wow, Ash's vioce is played by a girl .
It was in the previous dub too.

I just wish they'd say why they thought this was necessary...

Level 100 at 632
Old 05-01-2006, 06:41 AM
Expecto Patronum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenaku
As far as "testing ground" goes, it seems only a few people realize that these new actors are obviously on contracts; such things are never made for a single episode if the voices may be used in many more. I doubt PUSA could write "Might extend contract further than 1 episode if fans like the voice" on their contracts either.

If such is true, no matter how many letters you write, it won't change anything. A contract is a contract.
Hmm, but if that's true...how come people like Serebii are still trying to 'save the dub'? Wouldn't he know that?
Old 05-01-2006, 07:05 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

I didn't think the special was all that special, and the new voices made it worse. Not a fan of any of them, after being used to the previous group for so long. May is too deep for a supposed 10 year old.

Well, at least the narrator is the same.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 05-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Nick_Roge Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoPika
I don't think I can remember any of the old voices back in the Indigo League(When Ash gets Pikachu and so on). Ash's Actor might be the same but that doesn't mean he isn't old. The voice I hated most in Master of Mirage Pokemon was Max. We all see Max as a young little kid(And May's age was 10 so imagine Max's age). Max's voice sounds something like a 12 year old's or 9-10's.

P.S. - Did anyone notice that Ash's voice actor in the movie used monotone(I think that's like using the same voice pitch every time) on dramatic moments.
I completely agree but i hated Ash's new voice the most, i also didnt like May's new voice it was like way to mature.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:33 PM
RouteMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Well as long as they kept the narrator that's something.

In regards to "a contract is a contract", if Pokemon fans decide to boycott the show because of the new voices and subsequently ratings fall; even these huge companies may have to reconsider if it's in their (ie. their shareholders) best interests to continue with the new contract. It will all depend on whether the fans stick with the show or not.
If they decide to watch anyway the companies won't care because there's still a profit to be made, but if fans decide not to tune in and ratings fall, broadcasting companies will stop paying for the series and stop airing it. Then the companies will wake up, go to their market research and say, "Where'd it all start going wrong, Spring 2006: existing actors replaced."
Old 05-01-2006, 08:22 PM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth

;_; poor Meowth. He sounds so pathetic and stupid now!! I STILL LOVE HIM!! But Iwish they wouldn't change his voice. It is a perfect voice and I can tell you, the new one, it plain out sucks so very very much.

Ash sounds like that one boy in the Orange Island series that had the baby Lugia named Silver. Well, he din't have it but he was with it.

But, why can't they keep the voices the same if Pika's voice is staying the same? I am not being mean but why not change it's voice if everyone else's was? And................Meowth was perfect. They got rid of his perfection in that special.

;_; poor Meowth

I STILL LOVE HIM AND HE'S STILL MINE!!