Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 03:25 PM
theEND Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to theEND Send a message via MSN to theEND
Exclamation Pkmn: Master of Mirage Nightm. might be changed! [may contain spoilers]

Introduction:
At April 29th, 2006, a Saturday at 9:50 and rising I was anxious to see the new Pokemon movie(more like an Episode), Pokemon Master of Mirage Nightmare. When the show was on with a picture of hands(Ash's) holding a letter. Then I heard a weird voice and thought it was coming from the letter in all animes, like when a guy reads a letter and the guy who wrote the letter's voice says the stuff. But when it came up, rising to Ash's head I noticed that the voice belonged to ASH! Dum Dum Dum!!!

Voice Changes:
Yes, there are alot of Ash voice actors but this one was just making me feel awful. It made me feel that I've been sticking on to the regular Ash voice in each series instead of all of them. But still, I hated the voice and it sickened me to my Core(I don't have one unless you're talking about that weird PawnShop found inside my stomach). And then May's, Max's, and of course Brock's lines were up next. May's voice in the movie was the WORST!!! May only appeared in the Hoenn Series unlike Misty who appeared in the Kanto and Johto series. Max's voice wasn't too much of a difference but he sounded "older". And then Brock was just weird. Misty's voice was quite similiar in the movie and Prof. Oak's was similiar to his days as a Kanto Series person but more of when Ash was starting his journey and Pikachu slept in a little Sleeping Bag when Pikachu didn't fond of Ash too much.

Similiarities to another messed up Movie Theory:
I love this one Anime Movie which is the first movie Miyazaki ever made on his own ideas. Basically, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. When it was being dubbed in America, Disney thought some of it wasn't "appropriate"(it actually shows only 1 scene of blood being spewed). So they changed it from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind to "Warriors of the Wind". Which was awful( even the poster for it ). With more than 20 minutes cut and things changed differently, it was then that miyazaki made things right and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind was redeemed. The same thing might have happened to this one Pokemon Movie. Who knows if anything was tooken out or if it was made shorter. One thing I know is, the Japanese will make it right if it was made wrong.

Synopsis: Beginning
The Synopsis of the Movie begins as Ash and Friends(May-Max-Brock)venture to a place where a person has challenged them in a battle to "test" his new battle system. Ash then sights a castle like building and they enter it and find themselves reacquainting with Misty and Prof. Oak. Then the guy who invited them, Professor Yung, introduces them to the Mirage Pokemon Battle System. It creates Artificial Pokemon which are basically Data. For them to stay in presence, they need to be in a Mirage Field(This is sounding like Rockman AXESS). Many Pokemon, which look like Holograms, are "real" like being able to be touched and their actions able to be felt. Professor Yung makes a Mirage Kabutops, Omastar, and Armaldo and explains all the facts about his new system. Those Pokemon disappear and an Aggron appears. Misty chooses to battle using a Staryu in the battle and it ends up being striked by multiple attacks Aggron can't normally use. Prof. Yung explains that too and Team Rocket shows up with similiar voices too(except Jessie and Meowth) and they do their normal daydreaming. In more of the 3rd Quarter of the Movie, they just get blast off.

This is all I can tell you because I don't want to SPOIL too much.

Last edited by Pokemon Trainer Sarah; 04-30-2006 at 02:44 AM.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Marill Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marill Send a message via Yahoo to Marill
Default Re: Pkmn: Master of Mirage Nightm. might be changed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoPika
Introduction:
At April 29th, 2006, a Saturday at 9:50 and rising I was anxious to see the new Pokemon movie(more like an Episode), Pokemon Master of Mirage Nightmare. When the show was on with a picture of hands(Ash's) holding a letter. Then I heard a weird voice and thought it was coming from the letter in all animes, like when a guy reads a letter and the guy who wrote the letter's voice says the stuff. But when it came up, rising to Ash's head I noticed that the voice belonged to ASH! Dum Dum Dum!!!

Voice Changes:
Yes, there are alot of Ash voice actors but this one was just making me feel awful. It made me feel that I've been sticking on to the regular Ash voice in each series instead of all of them. But still, I hated the voice and it sickened me to my Core(I don't have one unless you're talking about that weird PawnShop found inside my stomach). And then May's, Max's, and of course Brock's lines were up next. May's voice in the movie was the WORST!!! May only appeared in the Hoenn Series unlike Misty who appeared in the Kanto and Johto series. Max's voice wasn't too much of a difference but he sounded "older". And then Brock was just weird. Misty's voice was quite similiar in the movie and Prof. Oak's was similiar to his days as a Kanto Series person but more of when Ash was starting his journey and Pikachu slept in a little Sleeping Bag when Pikachu didn't fond of Ash too much.

Similiarities to another messed up Movie Theory:
I love this one Anime Movie which is the first movie Miyazaki ever made on his own ideas. Basically, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. When it was being dubbed in America, Disney thought some of it wasn't "appropriate"(it actually shows only 1 scene of blood being spewed). So they changed it from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind to "Warriors of the Wind". Which was awful( even the poster for it ). With more than 20 minutes cut and things changed differently, it was then that miyazaki made things right and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind was redeemed. The same thing might have happened to this one Pokemon Movie. Who knows if anything was tooken out or if it was made shorter. One thing I know is, the Japanese will make it right if it was made wrong.

Synopsis: Beginning
The Synopsis of the Movie begins as Ash and Friends(May-Max-Brock)venture to a place where a person has challenged them in a battle to "test" his new battle system. Ash then sights a castle like building and they enter it and find themselves reacquainting with Misty and Prof. Oak. Then the guy who invited them, Professor Yung, introduces them to the Mirage Pokemon Battle System. It creates Artificial Pokemon which are basically Data. For them to stay in presence, they need to be in a Mirage Field(This is sounding like Rockman AXESS). Many Pokemon, which look like Holograms, are "real" like being able to be touched and their actions able to be felt. Professor Yung makes a Mirage Kabutops, Omastar, and Armaldo and explains all the facts about his new system. Those Pokemon disappear and an Aggron appears. Misty chooses to battle using a Staryu in the battle and it ends up being striked by multiple attacks Aggron can't normally use. Prof. Yung explains that too and Team Rocket shows up with similiar voices too(except Jessie and Meowth) and they do their normal daydreaming. In more of the 3rd Quarter of the Movie, they just get blast off.

This is all I can tell you because I don't want to SPOIL too much.
I believe this belongs in PKMN Movies, but until it is moved, here is my two cents:

The plot was dark. I liked it. Well, dark considering that PKMN usually is powder puff in its anime. The voices were whack. Jessie's was the only one that sounded right to me. I was about to change the channel because I couldn't take it, but the plot was what kept me in.

Date Registered: 06/17/02 at 18:54:32
Old 04-29-2006, 04:44 PM
Ture pokemon master Offline
Elite Trainer

i was ok save the dub now the voices sux!
Old 04-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

EVERYONE READ THIS.

They have not replaced the voice actors yet.

You are probably wondering why the voices stink.

Allow me to explain.

This episode was a special episode, that was out of the normal continuity. it was released in America and Japan on roughly the same date.

The normal voice acotrs, were doing the voices for the episodes that are currently being dubbed.

I'm also going to point out that it was stated that the voice actors would be hired, based on how well they could imitate the old voice actors.

So if they sound outrageously different, it was becasue this was a special episode that for whatever reason they didn't use the same voice actors.(a lot of movies based on TV Shows will do this, for instance the Yugioh movie)

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:58 AM
theEND Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to theEND Send a message via MSN to theEND

Thanks for the Actor info, Pika57. Although, I really they should use the old voice actors since they resemble what they are...that didn't come out right now did it?
Besides, I learned how to make Avatars! * cheers and claps are heard from the whole world...including Burger King *
Old 04-30-2006, 02:53 AM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku
Default Re: Pkmn: Master of Mirage Nightm. might be changed! [may contain spoilers]

Normally I'd just move this, but as this look like it'll be heading towards discussing the new voices more than anywhere else, please take the discussion to the thread already set up in the TV and Movies board:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...382#post410382

By the way Pika, the special has not aired in Japan. The US showing was a world premiere; hardly a premiere if it appears in another country on the same date.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Closed Thread