Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Battles » Forum Battles

Forum Battles Do your forum battles here! The same idea as battling on YIM, AIM, or whatever, but done on the forum itself! Post your battle, with your attack and so on, and a ref will eventually make the call.

Old 04-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers
Arrow Forum Battle Rules & Report a Forum Battle

by 8-Bit

This is the area for those members of the URPG that don't have messenger battling capabilities. This board is also for people who have difficulty being on at the same time as others.

Battling in the Forum
  • Members without an instant messenger may have up to 3 battles here. Members with an instant messenger may have only 1 battle at a time. If a Gym Leader needs to battle someone for his/her gym, they may create a thread that does not count towards the limit. The same applies to tournament battlers for a tournament battle.
  • If you don't have someone to battle, try the Trainer Station. Post your request or accept someone’s challenge.
  • Figure out the rules of the battle with your opponent before starting the thread. A list of valid battle rules can be found in this post.
  • Once a battle is agreed upon, one of the battlers should create a thread. The title of the thread should read something like 'Trainer vs Trainer'. The first post in the thread must state the rules of the battle.
  • Only one battle may take place per thread.
  • Each battler selects their Pokémon and their move. Then they wait for a referee to ref the turn. Afterwards, the battlers send another set of moves and the ref refs them. This continues until a winner is declared.
  • It is important to note that in battle modes in which you select your moves in the chat or thread (GSC, RSE, DPP, BW), you must alternate sending your Pokemon and moves first. The battlers can agree on who sends his/her Pokemon first, or the ref can roll to see who gets to decide. Gym leaders are allowed to force the challenger to send first. After a battler sends his/her Pokemon out first, the other battler sends his/her Pokemon and move. Afterwards, the person who sent his/her Pokemon first sends their move second. Then battlers take turns alternating sending first. If a single Pokemon is knocked out in a turn, the battler replaces that Pokemon, but this does not count as sending first or second, so the alternation of sending first continues normally. If both Pokemon are knocked out in a single turn, then the battlers select their Pokemon as though they are continuing alternating. Sending implied moves, such as continuing Outrage, recharging for Hyper Beam, and a battler sending his/her last remaining Pokemon still count for alternating sending first or second.
  • Try to make the battle more fun on the forum. Instead of saying "Thunder", try "Pikachu, use that mighty electrical Thunder you have on Blastoise." Refs can add description as well!
  • No referee is obligated to ref your battle. A referee will show up to the battle when one of them is available; do not pester anyone to ref for you.
  • Remember, you may not add moves, an ability, or trade Pokemon that are still in a battle, even if it has fainted.
  • If a battle not on the forum does not finish due to someone leaving, someone may post the battle on the forum to continue it, although it may be continued on instant messenger again if possible.
  • Despite the Forum Battles section existing, it is highly encouraged for battlers to battle on AIM for the fastest and best experience.
  • Do not post in your battle thread just to bump it to a higher ranked page; your opponent and ref will still find it, although you may choose to notify them about it elsewhere.

Inactive Opponents or Referees

If an opponent or ref has not continued one of your battles in a while, you (or the ref or an official) may send the person a visitor message (VM) about doing so. If a battler does not continue the battle within 168 hours (1 week) of a VM about the battle, he/she forfeits, unless it is an important battle (Gym, Tournament). If it is an important battle, post in this thread and a Senior Referee will decide if the battler gets more time to continue the battle or not. If a ref has not continued a battle within 168 hours of a VM, a new ref may replace him/her, which can be acquired by posting in this thread as well.

If a person is repeatedly slow in continuing a battle, that may be reported in this thread as well, and a Senior Referee may lower the time for him/her respond as needed.

Last edited by RaptorJesus; 01-08-2012 at 04:48 AM.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:18 AM
Hydralisk Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Hydralisk Send a message via MSN to Hydralisk Send a message via Yahoo to Hydralisk
Default Re: Report a Battle

Finch and DarkGardevoir have both been interfering with my battle with pokemonjuggalo1. Here is the link

Capitalism FTW.

Old 04-25-2006, 02:07 AM
NightBreaker Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to NightBreaker Send a message via MSN to NightBreaker Send a message via Yahoo to NightBreaker

I have a battle with c-wooper, who hasn't responded in 11 days, even after I PMed a few days after the last post. Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by We the Pichus...
I desperately need a sprite of a Snorlax wearing Lederhosen... don't ask any questions and I want show everybody else that picture... understood
AtraAngel (7:25:45 PM): be conscious that you are speakin to an idiot here
imbackppl (7:25:55 PM): k
imbackppl (7:26:03 PM): QUIZ
imbackppl (7:26:06 PM): Q-U-I-Z
imbackppl (7:26:14 PM): Kwiz
Old 04-25-2006, 03:13 AM
Thrall Offline

Send a message via AIM to Thrall Send a message via Yahoo to Thrall

Well me and Nightbreaker had this battle and no ref has responded to it.It's been a week or two Im not sure Im going to check.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:07 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=15324

Fing hasn't reffed this one. I don't think I have PMed him but he seems to be rarely online.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...highlight=raik

infested hasn't replied in about a thousand years. I PMed him already but no reply. He was just only yesterday too. Is he trying to run away or what?
Old 04-25-2006, 06:00 AM
Espeon Rinage Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Espeon Rinage Send a message via MSN to Espeon Rinage Send a message via Yahoo to Espeon Rinage

In my battle with Mana for celeadon Gym, Mystikal hasnt replied fora around 2 weeks, it sucks

Made By Me :D
Old 04-25-2006, 01:28 PM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch

Dark Gardevoir doesn't seem to be around, anywhere. I will need a new ref for my battles Vs. Sam-W and Vs. Miloticmaster, please.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:48 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Two things.

First, Pokemonjuggalo hasn't responded to this battle in awhile. I PMed him, but he hasn't replied, even though I know he's been online.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=16330

Cris hasn't responded to our Virtual Gym challenge battle for some time. I also sent a PM to him about three days ago.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=15900

Old 04-28-2006, 07:40 PM
Hydralisk Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Hydralisk Send a message via MSN to Hydralisk Send a message via Yahoo to Hydralisk

it has been 24 days and this battle still has not been reffed. the battle is between me and pokemonjuggalo1. here is the link: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=16264

Capitalism FTW.

Old 04-29-2006, 07:24 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

If you're going to report a battle, please provide the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Rilian
it has been 24 days and this battle still has not been reffed. the battle is between me and pokemonjuggalo1. here is the link: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=16264
We'll just VOID the battle since it never started and pokemonjuggalo hasn't been around too much. No exp, no money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...highlight=raik
infested hasn't replied in about a thousand years. I PMed him already but no reply. He was just only yesterday too. Is he trying to run away or what?
I know he is busy with school. I think you would have won though, with 1 mystery Pokemon left. I posted in thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBreaker
I have a battle with c-wooper, who hasn't responded in 11 days, even after I PMed a few days after the last post. Here
The battle didn't get far enough to declare any winner, so the battle is VOID. No exp, no money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeon Rinage
In my battle with Mana for celeadon Gym, Mystikal hasnt replied fora around 2 weeks, it sucks
Send him a PM, he's on like everyday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi
Two things.

First, Pokemonjuggalo hasn't responded to this battle in awhile. I PMed him, but he hasn't replied, even though I know he's been online.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=16330

Cris hasn't responded to our Virtual Gym challenge battle for some time. I also sent a PM to him about three days ago.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=15900

Both taken care of.

I think that's all the quotes as far as judging battles.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 04-29-2006, 04:55 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33
Both taken care of.

I think that's all the quotes as far as judging battles.

~Jack~
Probably shouldn't be posting here, but I just thought I'd say thanks. :p
Old 04-29-2006, 06:21 PM
NightBreaker Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to NightBreaker Send a message via MSN to NightBreaker Send a message via Yahoo to NightBreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi
Probably shouldn't be posting here, but I just thought I'd say thanks. :p
If I knew it was legal, I'd say the same.

Me and miloticmaster have a battle and we don't have a ref yet. Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by We the Pichus...
I desperately need a sprite of a Snorlax wearing Lederhosen... don't ask any questions and I want show everybody else that picture... understood
AtraAngel (7:25:45 PM): be conscious that you are speakin to an idiot here
imbackppl (7:25:55 PM): k
imbackppl (7:26:03 PM): QUIZ
imbackppl (7:26:06 PM): Q-U-I-Z
imbackppl (7:26:14 PM): Kwiz
Old 04-30-2006, 07:34 PM
Hydralisk Offline
Elite Trainer

The battle between me and riryomitasha has not been reffed for 14 days. Here is the link:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=16653

If I used my common sense correctly then I think this battle would be a void.

Capitalism FTW.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:49 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Rilian
The battle between me and riryomitasha has not been reffed for 14 days. Here is the link:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=16653

If I used my common sense correctly then I think this battle would be a void.
Yes, common sense prevails. Voided.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 05-03-2006, 09:49 AM
King Zark Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to King Zark Send a message via MSN to King Zark Send a message via Yahoo to King Zark

Well no response.

I have contacted the ref through IM but.

I wanna get my money.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=15221

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...t=15219&page=2