Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 04-30-2004, 01:34 AM
Shroomish Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Shroomish Send a message via MSN to Shroomish Send a message via Yahoo to Shroomish
Default New R/S Battle Tower Team

Well, I've decided to take a crack at Battle Tower again and try to get passed 59 wins.
So, I'm devising a fresh new team and of course, seeing as how I'm an idiot, I need help.

So, here we go.

Salamence @ Leftovers.
Ability: Intimidate.
-Dragon Dance
-Areal Ace
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw / Steel Wing

Breloom @ ? (Maybe Quick Claw? )
Ability: Effect Spore.
-Spore
-Focus Punch
-Leech Seed
-? (Maybe HP Ghost?)

Lanturn @ ?
Ability: Volt Absorb.
-Thunderwave
-Confuse Ray
-Thunderbolt
-Surf

Other: It would help if you could advise me on what I should EV train them in as well. ^_^

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-30-2004, 03:44 AM
Pocket Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Pocket
Default Re: New R/S Battle Tower Team

Salemence - Brick Break is much diverse and helpful move than Steel Wing. You also want to go with Brick Break > Dragon Claw because this pogey is obviously built for physical offense. Max EVs in Attack and Speed. An ideal personality would be Jolly and attach Liechi Berry.

Breloom - Go with HP Ghost on the last slot. Sludge Bomb/Mach Punch over Leech Seed, since its battling tactics are Spore + attack. No turn to spare for Leech Seed. Mach Punch for a quick KO, and Sludge Bomb for power; the choice is yours. Attach Quick Claw if you want to have a quick Spore or an offensive hit. Breloom would most likely not overrun handful of pogeys. It is still nice to give max EVs in Speed, since there are handful of slower pogeys as well. Definitely max EVs in Attack. Preferred it to be an Adamant nature for the best results.

Lanturn - The moveset is fine, attach Leftovers for stalling. Full EVs in Special Attack. You can give Full EVs in HP as well, but you may want to split the EPs with Speed, to outrun some pogeys.