Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 04-29-2004, 01:54 PM
Jet Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet
Default uhm... "gender issues"?

Ok, I might've placed this one b4, but...

does being a male trainer, female pokés are happier? than being male pokés? same thing with female trainers; male pokés are happier with them than females? I heard this somewhere... and I think it actually works for me... I dunno...

another issue I though of:

wat's the difference of being male and female in the games (aside from the obvious)? will it change anything in the game? haven't actually tried it...
Old 04-29-2004, 05:07 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: uhm... "gender issues"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet
Ok, I might've placed this one b4, but...

does being a male trainer, female pokés are happier? than being male pokés? same thing with female trainers; male pokés are happier with them than females? I heard this somewhere... and I think it actually works for me... I dunno...

another issue I though of:

wat's the difference of being male and female in the games (aside from the obvious)? will it change anything in the game? haven't actually tried it...
The only difference that the picking the male in R/S is that you start in the house on the left and the female trainer is your rival, while if you pick the female, you start in the house on the right, and your rival is the male trainer. Other than that, there really is no difference besides the looks. I don't have LG/FR so I really can't tell you if there is a difference there. Sorry about that.

As far as male Pokemon being more happier with a female trainer and vice versa, I haven't heard of that before but honestly I haven't seen a difference.

Old 04-29-2004, 05:43 PM
DragonShane Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DragonShane

Yeah, I think there really is no other reason for a gender choice for a trainer, besides giving both male and female gamers the feeling of actually taking part in the game.

...Though, I often wonder if there's any dialog changes when facing certain random trainers. I mean, a few of them practically flirt with the player's character (well, at least the male ones; I wouldn't know about female characters).
Not sure if Nintendo thought about the ambigiousity of it XD....
Old 04-29-2004, 06:23 PM
Black~Ninetales Offline
Amateur Trainer

I don't remember, but in some way I have noticed some changes sometimes. But just small things that you barely ever think of
Old 04-30-2004, 03:31 PM
Jet Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu
The only difference that the picking the male in R/S is that you start in the house on the left and the female trainer is your rival, while if you pick the female, you start in the house on the right, and your rival is the male trainer. Other than that, there really is no difference besides the looks. I don't have LG/FR so I really can't tell you if there is a difference there. Sorry about that.

As far as male Pokemon being more happier with a female trainer and vice versa, I haven't heard of that before but honestly I haven't seen a difference.
What do you mean you haven't seen a difference, you tried being a male and female before? =P

Small things, but this issue just makes you wonder. =P