Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-22-2006, 10:32 PM
GymLeaderMark Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Viridian City
Posts: 8
Default {MAJOR NEWS} Pokemon English Dub to be COMPLETELY recasted!

Ok guys, this is big news for fans of the Anime which was brought to light by Eric Stuart and was confirmed by Veronica Taylor.

As you may or may not know, Pokemon USA acquired the merchandising rights from for 4Kids several months, and as they will be running the anime from Season 9 onwards, have taken the decision to bring in brand new voice actors on a cheaper rate who will be casted for their ability to IMITATE the previous voices. The 10th Anniversary Mirage Special will be used as a testing ground, however it is more than likely that the change will be permanent from Season 10. Although the show will still be the same, with the same plot, twists turns and characters, I among a lot of others think this is a disgraceful way to treat the actors who have put their hearts and souls into this show for the past ten years.

In fact, not only are the voice actors been replaced, but also everyone involved in the production of the Anime from script writers to music editors.

Many Anime fans have started a Mail-In campaign in order to preserve the voices we've come to know and love over the past eight years. If you wish to complain you can write to:

Pokemon USA, Inc. (HQ Offices)
400 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017

and

Corporate Offices
Pokemon USA
1177 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY, 10036

If you prefer to e-mail then the address is:

feedback@pokemon.com

It's up to us to convince Pokemon USA to reverse this heinous decision!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Pika57's Avatar
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my happy place.
Posts: 3,731
Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57
Default Re: {MAJOR NEWS} Pokemon English Dub to be COMPLETELY recasted!

Uhh.. .how do I say this... The Pokemon anime is crap... the voice actors can get much better jobs than working for it.

The pokemon Anime is going down. I wouldn't be suprised if soon enough, pokemon merchandise will leave the U.S. altogether.
__________________

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-22-2006, 11:23 PM
PokemonElite2000's Avatar
PokemonElite2000 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,139
Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: {MAJOR NEWS} Pokemon English Dub to be COMPLETELY recasted!

Having Pokemon USA in charge is a better thing, they actually understand Pokemon, it's their job to understand Pokemon. The parent company in Japan, The Pokemon Company, has done a great job of maintaining Pokemon's popularity in Japan. While our Pokemon movies are out of the movie theaters, Japan's Pokemon movies are still going strong in theaters.

Lets be realistic, the voice acting on Pokemon under 4Kids ain't that great as with most animes 4Kids has done, and that's being generous. So it doesn't matter if they're hiring "cheaper actors," as long as they do a decent job, it doesn't matter how much they get paid.

And I'm tired of the pun titles, like "Absol-ute Disaster." No more puns like that, please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika57
Uhh.. .how do I say this... The Pokemon anime is crap... the voice actors can get much better jobs than working for it.

The pokemon Anime is going down. I wouldn't be suprised if soon enough, pokemon merchandise will leave the U.S. altogether.
So you think they don't want to make millions in merchandise? And have you seen the merchandise they have in Japan? The Pokemon merchandise we have here is nothing compared to the mass amounts of merchandise in Japan. And since Pokemon USA is under the parent company of Pokemon in Japan, they'll probably follow their Japanese business model.

If anything, we'll get more Pokemon merchandise.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-22-2006, 11:35 PM
Pika57's Avatar
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my happy place.
Posts: 3,731
Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57
Default Re: {MAJOR NEWS} Pokemon English Dub to be COMPLETELY recasted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
Having Pokemon USA in charge is a better thing, they actually understand Pokemon, it's their job to understand Pokemon. The parent company in Japan, The Pokemon Company, has done a great job of maintaining Pokemon's popularity in Japan. While our Pokemon movies are out of the movie theaters, Japan's Pokemon movies are still going strong in theaters.

Lets be realistic, the voice acting on Pokemon under 4Kids ain't that great as with most animes 4Kids has done, and that's being generous. So it doesn't matter if they're hiring "cheaper actors," as long as they do a decent job, it doesn't matter how much they get paid.

And I'm tired of the pun titles, like "Absol-ute Disaster." No more puns like that, please.

So you think they don't want to make millions in merchandise? And have you seen the merchandise they have in Japan? The Pokemon merchandise we have here is nothing compared to the mass amounts of merchandise in Japan. And since Pokemon USA is under the parent company of Pokemon in Japan, they'll probably follow their Japanese business model.

If anything, we'll get more Pokemon merchandise.
They'll continue to porduce it, but the show is losing a lot of auidience. I have a feeling that this is the beggining of a downward trend that will end with no one wanting any of the merchandise, thus killing demand, henceforth, stopping the need to supply... etc.
__________________

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-22-2006, 11:50 PM
PokemonElite2000's Avatar
PokemonElite2000 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,139
Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: {MAJOR NEWS} Pokemon English Dub to be COMPLETELY recasted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika57
They'll continue to porduce it, but the show is losing a lot of auidience. I have a feeling that this is the beggining of a downward trend that will end with no one wanting any of the merchandise, thus killing demand, henceforth, stopping the need to supply... etc.
Pokemon USA didn't cause this downward trend, so let's see what will happen. How 4Kids has handled the anime is one big reason. But even so, the show still has a wide audience:
Quote:
Pokemon Animated TV Series: Now in its eighth season on Kids' WB!, the program is consistently ranked among the top three shows for Kids 2-11. The animated TV series follows the adventures of a Trainer named Ash Ketchum as he travels across the Pokemon world making new friends and striving to become a Pokemon Master. For the most recent sweeps period in November 2005, "Pokemon Advanced Battle" captured the #1 spot among the Saturday morning competition for Kids 6-11, Boys 2-11, and Boys 6-11.
Source: http://www.nintendospin.com/news/gen...off-today.html

#1 spot on for Saturday cartoons, ain't that bad. Granted, it's mostly kids, but that's another problem with 4Kids, they're not appealing to the older audience.

But you're right, the show is losing popularlity, and same goes for the movies. The first movie did pretty well, second movie made HALF of what the first one did. And the third movie did even worse, it made HALF of what the second one made.

Otherwise, Pokemon in general has been doing just fine. Pokemon Emerald was the 2nd best selling game in 2005. That's a lot of fans buying the games. Even if a small percentage of that buying other products would make them good money.
__________________

Last edited by PokemonElite2000; 03-23-2006 at 12:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-23-2006, 12:06 AM
Jack of Clovers's Avatar
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: the world of fantasy...
Posts: 10,388
Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers
Default Re: {MAJOR NEWS} Pokemon English Dub to be COMPLETELY recasted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
But you're right, the show is losing popularlity
To me, the Hoenn League was a huge step up and really perked my interest. At first I was doubtful... May... but it really turned around. Though the storyline is repetative, I mainly watch for the character development.

I'm glad 4Kids won't be touching Pokemon for much longer, but I'm sad to hear it will be re-cast. At least I hope they have similar voice actors.

~Jack~
__________________
Thanks PE2K for all the memories.

-| Links |-
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-23-2006, 12:15 AM
PokemonElite2000's Avatar
PokemonElite2000 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,139
Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: {MAJOR NEWS} Pokemon English Dub to be COMPLETELY recasted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33

To me, the Hoenn League was a huge step up and really perked my interest. At first I was doubtful... May... but it really turned around. Though the storyline is repetative, I mainly watch for the character development.

I'm glad 4Kids won't be touching Pokemon for much longer, but I'm sad to hear it will be re-cast. At least I hope they have similar voice actors.

~Jack~
I can understand people having a deep bond with the voice actors, since they have been doing it since day 1. But just because they have been doing it since day 1, doesn't mean they have been doing it well. No disrespect for the voice actors, I'm sure they put a lot of effort into it (I know I can't voice act), but they need to realize the show ain't just for kids, so they need to stop making cartoonish voices that only appeal to kids.

It will be weird hearing different voice actors, that's for sure, even if they get the world's best voice actors, it will sound weird because we're use to the old voices. That part, we just have to get use to.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-23-2006, 01:12 AM
Alyssa Picariello Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 9
Default Re: {MAJOR NEWS} Pokemon English Dub to be COMPLETELY recasted!

I am against the recast of the voice actors. It's sad that there will be a recast. I like and used to the old voice actors and continue to be used to it.

I think that new voice actors will be poor quality and do it all wrong. We won't find out until it happens, but I am planning to write a letter about it soon.
__________________
Crossover Pokedex Project - A Open Source offline Pokedex Application
My LiveJournal/Blog
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-23-2006, 01:14 AM
Pika57's Avatar
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my happy place.
Posts: 3,731
Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57
Default Re: {MAJOR NEWS} Pokemon English Dub to be COMPLETELY recasted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
I can understand people having a deep bond with the voice actors, since they have been doing it since day 1. But just because they have been doing it since day 1, doesn't mean they have been doing it well. No disrespect for the voice actors, I'm sure they put a lot of effort into it (I know I can't voice act), but they need to realize the show ain't just for kids, so they need to stop making cartoonish voices that only appeal to kids.

It will be weird hearing different voice actors, that's for sure, even if they get the world's best voice actors, it will sound weird because we're use to the old voices. That part, we just have to get use to.
Actually Ash's voice actor that is currently being used, came in somewhere in Kanto. He had a different voice(he always sounded like he had a cold) in early Kanto.
__________________

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-23-2006, 01:36 AM
PokemonElite2000's Avatar
PokemonElite2000 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,139
Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: {MAJOR NEWS} Pokemon English Dub to be COMPLETELY recasted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika57
Actually Ash's voice actor that is currently being used, came in somewhere in Kanto. He had a different voice(he always sounded like he had a cold) in early Kanto.
Oh yea? Never knew (or forgot, lol, too many Poke-facts), I know James' voice was recasted as well, after the first 7 episodes or something like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa Picariello
I am against the recast of the voice actors. It's sad that there will be a recast. I like and used to the old voice actors and continue to be used to it.

I think that new voice actors will be poor quality and do it all wrong. We won't find out until it happens, but I am planning to write a letter about it soon.
You have heard Pokemon USA voice actors before? You can't really tell whether it will be poor or not. So I don't think it's fair to judge that it's going to be bad until you know what kind of voice work Pokemon USA puts out (this will be the first time).

And do it all wrong? Pokemon USA is in charge. If you didn't know, Pokemon USA's parent company is The Pokemon Company of Japan. This is not a random company that doesn't know what Pokemon is about until they buy it for their own use. 4Kids is that "random" company that borrows the Pokemon anime to dub it in English. Pokemon USA is the from the actual company in Japan. I don't think Pokemon USA will get their OWN product wrong.

How do you know if 4Kids got it right unless you watched all the Japanese episodes? I don't know either, but I trust Pokemon USA to get it right rather than any other company. If 4Kids can do it, don't you think a company from the actual Pokemon company itself can do it.
__________________

Last edited by PokemonElite2000; 03-23-2006 at 01:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-23-2006, 01:55 AM
Pokemon_Dude2006 Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 42
Default Re: {MAJOR NEWS} Pokemon English Dub to be COMPLETELY recasted!

I agree with some of the others. not with you ^^. I dont care the companies are changing. I just want the same actors!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-23-2006, 03:10 AM
Pika57's Avatar
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my happy place.
Posts: 3,731
Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57
Default Re: {MAJOR NEWS} Pokemon English Dub to be COMPLETELY recasted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon_Dude2006
I agree with some of the others. not with you ^^. I dont care the companies are changing. I just want the same actors!

Is your entire anime experience really going to be ruined if you have different actors?

Think of it this way: Pokemon USA(having less money to pay the actors) lowers their wages. The actors get ticked off and quit. Pokemno USA, has no new vice actors to replace them.

I wouldn't be suprised if some of the voice actors already want to quit, and it is actually an underlying reason of this occuring.
__________________

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-23-2006, 03:34 AM
PokemonElite2000's Avatar
PokemonElite2000 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,139
Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: {MAJOR NEWS} Pokemon English Dub to be COMPLETELY recasted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika57
Is your entire anime experience really going to be ruined if you have different actors?

Think of it this way: Pokemon USA(having less money to pay the actors) lowers their wages. The actors get ticked off and quit. Pokemno USA, has no new vice actors to replace them.

I wouldn't be suprised if some of the voice actors already want to quit, and it is actually an underlying reason of this occuring.
Bugs Bunny has change voice actors five times, that's five different people doing the voice. Mickey Mouse voice actor has changed three times.

But yes, the voice does matter, because that's what people are use to. It could be the worse voice acting ever, but because people like the show overall, they still want the same voice actors because they don't want them to change. In other words, it would be "weird" for Ash to sound different. And that's why Pokemon USA will try to hire people that sound like the old ones.
Quote:
I wouldn't be suprised if some of the voice actors already want to quit, and it is actually an underlying reason of this occuring.
Assuming things is a bad thing. And your argument makes no sense. Why? The main voice actor (or actress I guess), Veronica Taylor, has specifically said she wants to continue on with Pokemon, she's mad about this situation, and wants fans to contact Pokemon USA to change their mind.

So you really have nothing to base that claim on, other than what you think. Well, what you think is different from what's happening right now, because clearly Taylor is angry over not continuing with Pokemon (same goes for Eric Stuart, for Brock/James).

Pokemon USA wants control of their own product, not because of some conspiracy that the voice actors want to leave. Pokemon USA also took back control of the Pokemon TCG this year as well.

It was because Pokemon was a small company, it couldn't handle the licensing in the US, so it gave the rights to 4Kids and shared the profits. Well, Pokemon is now a large company with a lot of money coming in. They can handle Japan, and even created a new company for handling the stuff in the US. So how in the world does it make sense to share profits with a company (4Kids) that you don't need anymore?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-23-2006, 06:56 AM
AshMistyMayfan's Avatar
AshMistyMayfan Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Johto
Posts: 3,080
Default Re: {MAJOR NEWS} Pokemon English Dub to be COMPLETELY recasted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
Having Pokemon USA in charge is a better thing, they actually understand Pokemon, it's their job to understand Pokemon. The parent company in Japan, The Pokemon Company, has done a great job of maintaining Pokemon's popularity in Japan. While our Pokemon movies are out of the movie theaters, Japan's Pokemon movies are still going strong in theaters.

Lets be realistic, the voice acting on Pokemon under 4Kids ain't that great as with most animes 4Kids has done, and that's being generous. So it doesn't matter if they're hiring "cheaper actors," as long as they do a decent job, it doesn't matter how much they get paid.

And I'm tired of the pun titles, like "Absol-ute Disaster." No more puns like that, please.

So you think they don't want to make millions in merchandise? And have you seen the merchandise they have in Japan? The Pokemon merchandise we have here is nothing compared to the mass amounts of merchandise in Japan. And since Pokemon USA is under the parent company of Pokemon in Japan, they'll probably follow their Japanese business model.

If anything, we'll get more Pokemon merchandise.
Please ignore the yahoos that don't contribute on this forum. I know people may hate Pokemon, but stop spreading it here. I saw what happened to Sailor Moon when you had Serena talking british, and it just sounded DUMB! YOu want May to sound like a chipmunk? Or Max to sound like a whiny brat? Rini was made to sound like a whiny brat. Darien made me want to smack my head on the closet door. THe 4th season Dark Circus monster sounded like Grover Monster from Sesame Street, sheesh,I'm trying not to laugh, but this is serious for Pokemon. Save the voices, please! I think doing it cheaply will cost the show fans and we won't see the ending of it. Sailor Moon was done so cheaply, it ruined the show. Don't let Pokemon fall like Sailor Moon.

I am sure Terri Hawks wanted to do Sailor Moon, but she was denied. Don't let it happen to Veronica Taylor.
__________________
ATeam's elite members. If you are stuck in a dungeon, you better contact the ATeam.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-23-2006, 06:59 PM
Spheal218's Avatar
Spheal218 Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England
Posts: 37
Default Re: {MAJOR NEWS} Pokemon English Dub to be COMPLETELY recasted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GymLeaderMark
Ok guys, this is big news for fans of the Anime which was brought to light by Eric Stuart and was confirmed by Veronica Taylor.

As you may or may not know, Pokemon USA acquired the merchandising rights from for 4Kids several months, and as they will be running the anime from Season 9 onwards, have taken the decision to bring in brand new voice actors on a cheaper rate who will be casted for their ability to IMITATE the previous voices. The 10th Anniversary Mirage Special will be used as a testing ground, however it is more than likely that the change will be permanent from Season 10. Although the show will still be the same, with the same plot, twists turns and characters, I among a lot of others think this is a disgraceful way to treat the actors who have put their hearts and souls into this show for the past ten years.

In fact, not only are the voice actors been replaced, but also everyone involved in the production of the Anime from script writers to music editors.

Many Anime fans have started a Mail-In campaign in order to preserve the voices we've come to know and love over the past eight years. If you wish to complain you can write to:

Pokemon USA, Inc. (HQ Offices)
400 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017

and

Corporate Offices
Pokemon USA
1177 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY, 10036

If you prefer to e-mail then the address is:

feedback@pokemon.com

It's up to us to convince Pokemon USA to reverse this heinous decision!
Oh you got here before me. lol
http://pokemonpalace.net/index.php?id=save_dub
and
http://www.petitiononline.com/pkmnRB/petition.html
Petition link
__________________

By Umbreon Shadow
Evolves into Sealeo @ 108 Posts
Evolves into Walrein @ 144 Posts
Level 100 @ 312 Posts

Bebo|DeviantArt|Piczo|Forum|Music of the Day
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com