Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 04-25-2004, 11:31 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco
Default Aliens: Friend or foe? Real or myth?

You have seen pictures of aliens. If you know about Roswell you've seen them in pictures. But what are aliens? Are they real or fake? And you can't deny it any longer. Are aliens real?
Old 04-25-2004, 11:48 PM
Ierdar Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ierdar Send a message via MSN to Ierdar Send a message via Yahoo to Ierdar
Default Re: Aliens: Friend or foe? Real or myth?

Fun topic ^_^ w00t!

Yes, I believe in "aliens". =P Rather they came here before or not is another issue. I do beleive they have been here before. =P lol Abductions? Possible, but I dont really think so. =P lol.

If aliens came here or not, they have to be out there. =P lol. Its impossible for us to be the only planet with life on it with all that space and all those stars and planets out there.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:07 AM
Pidgeot79 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pidgeot79 Send a message via MSN to Pidgeot79 Send a message via Yahoo to Pidgeot79

I think aliens exist,because numerous people have reported aliens.They are probably either friendly or neutral because they have no reason to not like us.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:22 AM
VenusaurTrainer Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via MSN to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to VenusaurTrainer

I believe in Aliens. Theirs too much space too not have any other livving thing. Also some people say the aliens created the prymids.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:29 AM
Lucky Flareon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Lucky Flareon Send a message via MSN to Lucky Flareon

I do believe in aliens. After all, the universe is huge, and even if we didn't observe something that could support life, we have only been able to see a small amount of the universe, and the places that we have acually visited is a very small percentage of the universe. The chances of other life out there is very high.

As for Roswell, and other "alien sightings" I don't really know about. People are so hungry for attention they will make images and say that they saw a UFO or something. Maybe aliens did land here, but I kinda doubt it. I think most of the people who say they saw aliens are just seeking attention and/or money. More likey, imo, is that if there really are aliens, they are observing our plant or solar system with their own technology.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:44 AM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

"Aliens" as you as well as many like to call them exist. Asking if they are friend or foe jumps to conclusions. Not all lifeforms beyond earth will be as complex as humans, or even as spiders. The fact that they are different is definitely true, but I think throughout the infinite possibilities for life's existence elsewhere, there could be a separately-evolved species of humans from different origins than us, but ended up VERY similar or exactly like us. Being able to allow yourself to want to comprehend infinity is the first key to being able to understand how many possibilities life can take. And if we ever came into contact with an intelligent species of life outside of earth, I doubt it will be face to face. And I doubt the "alien" species will be out to make friends or foe...rather, to investigate beyond their original boundaries, which is exactly what we are doing...only our ignorance is causing us to look for life as allies, and not just life period.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:52 AM
Lucky Flareon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Lucky Flareon Send a message via MSN to Lucky Flareon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kholdstaire
"Aliens" as you as well as many like to call them exist. Asking if they are friend or foe jumps to conclusions.
True. It is human nature to judge things, and we jump to comclusions often. Like the Rosewell thing, how many possibolities were there? Many, and yet people all said it was aliens without even knowing it for sure.

Quote:
only our ignorance is causing us to look for life as allies, and not just life period.
Well when people say alien, I think they mean other life forms that are not native to earth, no matter how small that life form may be.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

When people say alien, they think of something from like Mars Attacks, Aliens, or Predator. Something very similar to common lifeforms on earth, with intelligence and the want and will to kill.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:14 AM
Ierdar Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ierdar Send a message via MSN to Ierdar Send a message via Yahoo to Ierdar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidgeot79
I think aliens exist,because numerous people have reported aliens.They are probably either friendly or neutral because they have no reason to not like us.
So, people have no reason not to like me IRL, but do they? Yeah. =P

And Kol, yeah, you're right XD You say aliens, people think of Greys(though they usually dont know what they're called. =P), little green men, ect.

VenusaurTrainer, people believe they did MUCH more then just the pyrimids XD

*is filled with stories and theories on aliens* Lol, I love this stuff XD
Old 04-26-2004, 01:26 AM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange

Wrap your minds around this.

Roswell: Before a mysterious crash landing of aomething, Roswell is open to the public. Objest crash lands there. Military sends out stories of Aliens. Gov. gets involved. The next day Miltary sends out message that it was a weather balloon, not aliens. Roswell becomes restricted area.

Think about that.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:33 AM

I don't belive an unearthly species contributed to the creation of the pyramids. There would be some trace of their presence here, and there is none. Its just basically that the pyramids' perfection is undermined by scientists because they have trouble doing the math, and think that since people back then didn't have our technology, that they were stupid. I find the pyramids being made by man is completely plausible. Its only difficult to find out HOW they got so precise with the stone and the angles of the pyramids.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:20 AM
Ierdar Offline
Banned

Actually, people consider some hyroglifs(sp?) to be signs of aliens, lol. Some look like aliens, or something strange. You can say that they are evidence of aliens at least being there at one point, I'm not saying they helped build them. =P Though it is possible.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:30 AM
Grand Duke Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Grand Duke

A believe with superior smiths, craftsmen, architects, astonomers, and mathmaticians, the pyramids could have been created by man, but it would be really hard and long to build. In the questions if aliens exist or not I'm in the neutral. The Rosewell incident is a little fishy but there is not that much clear evidence of aliens...yet.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:53 PM
Ruben Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Ruben Send a message via Yahoo to Ruben
Exclamation Re: Aliens: Friend or foe? Real or myth?

Yes, of course they exist, i mean... Everything lives, the air, the trees, etc... It would be really funny if we were the only living thing in the neverending universe. Aha, that brings me to another topic... Is the universe never-ending ? Because that is a question i'm thinking of all my life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenusaurTrainer
I believe in Aliens. Theirs too much space too not have any other livving thing. Also some people say the aliens created the prymids.
No, i mean, it's clearly that the slaves did that, because that is a to big story to make up

- Ruben V.

"Say this blanket represents all the matter and energy in the universe, okay? This is me, this is you, and over here, this is the Eiffel Tower, right, it's Paris!"
- Dusin Hoffman, I *heart* huckabees
Old 04-27-2004, 01:36 AM
Ierdar Offline
Banned

One thing, air isnt alive. Its a bunch of gases. =P And the aliens could have made the pyrimids by accedent, and blamed it on them so they wouldnt get in trouble o.o XD j/k =P