Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Other Pokemon Games

Other Pokemon Games Discuss all Pokemon spin-off games here, including Pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, Colosseum, XD, Stadium, Snap, Super Smash Bros., Hey You Pikachu!, Battle Revolution and PokePark Wii.

Old 03-12-2006, 01:13 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Discussion (Red/Blue/Time/Darkness/Sky)

This game is not yet released in the US, so there's little to talk about, so it won't have it's own sub-board just yet. Once we're near the release of Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon, it will have it's own sub-board. But for now, use this thread for Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon discussion.

===========

Ask questions here, please. And, we'll see if you get some answers. Please don't start a new thread anymore. Please, and thank you.
New main Q&A thread for the section.

Last edited by Anastasia-R; 07-31-2011 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Questions and answers thread
Old 03-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Sleepy Sheep Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Default Re: Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon Discussion

First post!

I'm really looking forward to this one because playing as a pokemon is what I call a game. I also saw that it features some of my favorite pokemon, absol skarmory and hopefully grumpig!

I am excited that there will be a little action, maybe a couple short battles.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:16 AM
Clutch Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Clutch

This sounds like my kind of game! I can't wait! Man, being a Pikachu would be sooo awesome!
Old 03-23-2006, 03:30 AM
Pokemon Ranger Jeanne Offline

Anyone know where I'm suppose to go after the Full Canyon?
I've spent the past week doing class e,d,c,and b missions, waiting for the Blue Cave to unlock. Other sites said something about an expel event occuring @ the square, which I guess thats what happened when Team Red stopped by my headquarters last week. But still I haven't gotten any new dungeons in over a week.
As of this moment I'm a Silver Rank with 1,365 points, and I'm wondering how many more optional missions I have to do until I can actually get to another dungeon.And I already have befriended all the pokemon possible as of right now, with the exception of Skarmory and Zapdos.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Nick_Roge Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Talking Re: Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon Discussion

Does anyone have any idea when Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon is expected to come out in the U.S. because I mean how long can it take to transfer something from japanese to english?
Old 04-18-2006, 07:42 PM
absol2005 Offline

Send a message via MSN to absol2005

There is no release date for the USA.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:17 PM
KlippyK Offline
Amateur Trainer

I hope it is released in the U.S, otherwise I'll just get ranger.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlippyK
I hope it is released in the U.S, otherwise I'll just get ranger.
It will be released in the US... eventually.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:51 PM
Nick_Roge Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by absol2005
There is no release date for the USA.
Well i know it has know specific release date but how long does it normally take to convert a game from japanese to english???
Old 04-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Roge
Well i know it has know specific release date but how long does it normally take to convert a game from japanese to english???
It depends on the game, it depends how many people they get to work on it and it depends when they actually want to release it. I wouldn't think it would be too much longer, but you never know.

Trozei was released in the US 3-4 months after the JP release, Dash took around 4 months, whereas Emerald took 6 and a 1/2. It also depends if they start translating it before they release it in Japan. I'm not really sure how it works.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Sleepy Sheep Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Well, I bet its nearing closer to release date time. Wonder when that will be, though. I am so excited about this game that its not even funny.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Nick_Roge Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
It depends on the game, it depends how many people they get to work on it and it depends when they actually want to release it. I wouldn't think it would be too much longer, but you never know.

Trozei was released in the US 3-4 months after the JP release, Dash took around 4 months, whereas Emerald took 6 and a 1/2. It also depends if they start translating it before they release it in Japan. I'm not really sure how it works.
Thanks
Old 04-20-2006, 04:26 PM
KingDragonite Offline
New Trainer

We need to know when it comes out!!!I really want to see and try this one.I aslo want to try Pokemon Ranger too
Old 04-26-2006, 08:53 PM
theEND Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to theEND Send a message via MSN to theEND

Hello. I'm recent from the Pokemon Pearl/Diamond conversation. And I also have some interesting news to tell everybody I saw sometime ago about Pokemon Mysterious Dungeons.
Note: There will be SPOILERS to which of the pokemon you can choose as a starter( there, a spoiler already ) and what you can do as far as gthe game proceeds.

The game will begin with the main character turning into a Pokémon. The starter Pokémon is one of sixteen Pokémon (Bulbasaur, Charmander, Chikorita, Cubone, Cyndaquil, Eevee, Machop, Meowth, Mudkip, Pikachu, Psyduck, Skitty, Squirtle, Torchic, Totodile and Treecko), determined by a series of questions that determine their personality at the start of the game.

The object of the game is to form a successful Rescue Squad. This will start with one partner, chosen from Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pikachu, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip. Throughout the game, others, eventually more than 380 Pokémons, will join.

The game is mission-based with jobs varying from running errands to rescuing a Pokémon. As the teams reputation grows, private missions will become more frequent. There are other reputable teams in the game, which creates competition.

Moves and abilities from the RPGs will be present for battling or solving map puzzles. But new items also exist, such as the Explosive Seed and the Golem Stone.

Some Pokemon can not evolve until the player finished their game.

The player starts the game with a rescue base where they can check their mail. The Rescue Base varies from what starter is chosen. After defeating Articuno you will get confronted by a Wobbuffet and Wynaut who ask you to get a trio of Mankey in a dungeon. After you get the Mankeys your home will have a face on it. The Mankeys will ask you to get their berries back. After you get their berries they will make the house look like your starter pokemon.

Unlike previous pokemon games where you play as a trainer and capture pokemon, in mysterious dungeon, pokemon will join your team after battling them (as long as you meet certain requirements). All 388 pokemon are available in these pokemon games, although the versions differ by about 5 pokemon which will need to be traded from the other version.

Another interesting thing to note is evolution. In these games, natural disasters have prevented the pokemon from being able to evolve, but after you have completed the main storyline for the game, you will be able to go into a cave to the north of the town, which providing you are alone and meet the level requirement for that pokemon, will be able to evolve your pokemon. Link Cable items can be found in certain dungeons, which will allow you to evolve pokemon that previously needed to be traded to other versions. Stones can also be found in some dungeons, and have a similar effect on evolution like in the traditional Pokemon games.

There are not much difference between the two versions. However, the Blue version makes use of the unique features of the DS. While the menus can be accessed with the Start button in the Red version, they are permanently displayed on the top screen in Blue. The player can move between the screens by selecting the icons at the bottom of the touch screen. Text previously displayed in the game can also be seen in Blue, which is useful as a mission remainder.

Pokémon: Mysterious Dungeon is now available for Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS, and when both are in the DS, the two can link up. However, a glitch has appeared that has forced Nintendo to recall the Blue version. Put any other GBA cartridge in the GBA slot of the DS, and the backup data of the cartridge will be deleted. Those with Pokémon GBA games they want to keep are advised to be careful. It appears that the only game this does not affect is Pokémon: Mysterious Dungeon Red.

Nintendo of Japan has said that this is easily solved by not putting any other cartridges in the slot when playing the game. However, on Dec. 8, they will be recalling and replacing the data-erasing cartridges with normal functioning ones. Those who have already bought a copy can exchange it through Nintendo's official website or by telephone.

~ Thanks for reading this. I give credit to Pokomono on GameFAQs.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:27 PM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'd already known this months ago after reading it on serebii..