Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 02-20-2006, 08:12 PM
Metabolic Offline
New Trainer

Default Alakazam Analysis

Name: Alakazam

Picture

Base Stats:

HP:55 Atk:50 Def:45 Spd:120 Sp.atk :135 Sp.def:85

Trait:
Synchronize: Passes on Status Problems.
Inner Focus: Prevents Flinching.

Set One: Basic Calm-minder

Alakazam@Leftovers/lum berry
200HP/252 Spd/55 Def
Timid nature
Trait: Synchronize
-Calm Mind
-Recover
-Psychic
-Ice,Fire,Thunder Punches/Hp Water, Hp Grass

Strategy:: Alakazam is a good special sweeper that uses its stats pretty good. Works BEST agaist Ice beamBlissey that come up when Alakazam shows up. You cm, Recover, stall, And Deliver the final Blow.
Note: Watch out for oncoming Dugtrio.

Set Two: Encore Alakazam

Alakazam@Leftovers
6 HP/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spd
Timid nature
-Calm Mind
-Encore
-Psychic
-Elemental Punch/Hp Water/HP grass

Strategy: Wassup Blissey? Destroys Blissey, Umbreons or any stall pokemons like Suicune. Very effective when used with HP water. You calm mind, bliss comes? Encore softboileds. Umbreon is basically just screwed here. CM till max and sweep. Easy enough.

Set Three: TrickZam

Alakazam@Choiceband
-Trick
-Psychic
-Elemental Punch/HP [water/grass]/recover/Calm mind/Protect
-Elemental Punch/HP [water/grass]/recover/Calm mind/Protect

Strategy: Whoops look out! Tricks Blissey into giving it Choice Band. Very effective. Makes you laugh while still damaging stuff.

Set Four:Knock Knock, Thief!

Alakzam@Leftovers/No Item
-Knock off/Thief
-Psychic
-Elemental Punch/HP [water/grass]/recover/Calm mind
-Elemental Punch/HP [water/grass]/recover/Calm mind

Strategy:Best works if you have a t-tar. As you can knock off Leftovers from suicune, Blissey.

Other Options: Skillswap Inner Focus. Not very useful, barrier,mimic, Snatch, Psch up like Regice if you dont want to watse YOUr time Cming, substitue if you like it.

Counters: : DUGTRIO( can go first if you dont give Alakazam enough spped!, Aerodactyl, Sceptile, Dusclops, Snorlax, Regice, Metagross( without HP fire on Ala) etc...etc..

Overview: Alakazam can do so many things. Works well with any moveset not named noobish. You just cant go wrong with Alakazam. However,since its so versatile, try to keep him alive untill you are sure that you can bring him out to swepp the entire team.Also the Best psychic in the game.(not named ubers)

Register at Bleepland and find more Gfx like this, or talk about pokemon,Rate my team,Pokemon Analysis, its all there!Click the sig to go there!
Old 02-21-2006, 12:14 AM
bleep Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to bleep
Default Re: Alakazam Analysis

and you didn't post this on my forum! ! !
ok
so anyways

tyranitar seriously rapes the crap out of alakazam, hpgrass barely does anything even with one of two cms, and no one uses hpgrass anyways to counter ttar tbh

joinmyforumjoinmyforumjoinmyforumjoinmyforum
Oh yes. With over 1000 members and 70,000 posts, who could resist?

Want a team?
Check out this thread!, or go to my forum if you want one faster
Old 02-21-2006, 02:10 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to IT Send a message via MSN to IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleep
and you didn't post this on my forum! ! !
ok
so anyways

tyranitar seriously rapes the crap out of alakazam, hpgrass barely does anything even with one of two cms, and no one uses hpgrass anyways to counter ttar tbh
Actually, HP Grass does do quite a nice damage to a Tyranitar, especially after two CMs, an OHKO, I think.

Also, your spelling/grammar is blinding... so mak it luk betta ok plz???
Old 02-21-2006, 03:58 PM
bleep Offline
Master Trainer

who actually lets zam cm up when they have boah or something on their team.

with rockslide from adament ttar with full attack, i think thats an ohko on zam while hp:grass will do around 40% with a cm if you're lucky. crunch OHKOs zam with no cm's if you use the standard boah EVs so yeah.

but with a few cms i guess it could act as a pretty decent "counter"
(btw if you were talking to me about that spelling and grammar thing... i don't think i spelled anything wrong o.O)

Want a team?
Old 02-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Thrall Offline

Send a message via AIM to Thrall Send a message via Yahoo to Thrall

i have a alakazam and he is alright for a newbie ( no offense ) but as they were sayin tyranitar=serious rape well all darks will rape him . and for the people that say grass can kill tyranitar easy try kill ing mine i got hit with a solar beam and frenzy plant by a venasaur and still survived.(i also raped venasaur with flamethrower)
Old 02-22-2006, 02:23 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to IT Send a message via MSN to IT

Quote:
Who actually lets Zam CM up when they have Boah or something on their team.

So why even bring the point up in the first place?

With rockslide from adamant Ttar with full attack, I think that's an ohko on Zam while hp:grass will do around 40% with a CM if you're lucky. Crunch OHKOs Zam with no CM's if you use the standard Boah EVs, so yeah.

Sure, but Tyranitar doesn't like to take a HP Grass on the switch. Also, Ice Punch does more damage than HP Grass, and can even hax.

But with a few CMs i guess it could act as a pretty decent "counter".

No, it really doesn't.

(By the way, if you were talking to me about that spelling and grammar thing... I don't think I spelled anything wrong. o.O)
You forgot to capitalize "a few" things, along with your incredible use of abbreviations...
Old 02-22-2006, 02:30 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT
You forgot to capitalize "a few" things, along with your incredible use of abbreviations...
Ice punch < HP grass dmg wise, 75 < 70*2 (Ice not strong vs rock)

Or did you mean something else?

Also, everyone knows Alakazam w/ Dynamicpunch is instant win >:( Try eating that on the switch, Ttar :D
Old 02-22-2006, 02:38 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

Zam can also use Focus Punch.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 02-22-2006, 02:53 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal Arcanine
Zam can also use Focus Punch.
An adamant Zam with 252 atk EVs can, on avg, OHKO Ttar w/ no def EVs and max HP evs with focus punch, dealing 374-440 dmg :o

Cool!
Old 02-22-2006, 07:09 PM
bleep Offline
Master Trainer

eh ok, so you want better capitalization and stuff, I'll work on it.

Ok, so the last time I've seen fp on Zam was... ok never, who uses focuspunch on Zam o.O Tyranitar is the only thing you'll kill with it. Blissey users will just use seismic toss assuming that you're gonna CM or try to attack which would be stupid considering its blissey anyways. and why waste all those EVs in attack, when clearly he works much better with special attacks.

so maybe sceptile with swords dance can damage crap with focus punch, but this is zam =\

Want a team?
Old 02-22-2006, 07:27 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
eh ok, so you want better capitalization and stuff, I'll work on it.

Ok, so the last time I've seen fp on Zam was... ok never, who uses focuspunch on Zam o.O Tyranitar is the only thing you'll kill with it. Blissey users will just use seismic toss assuming that you're gonna CM or try to attack which would be stupid considering its blissey anyways. and why waste all those EVs in attack, when clearly he works much better with special attacks.

so maybe sceptile with swords dance can damage crap with focus punch, but this is zam =\
Clearly, I was joke-posting. Dpunch Azam ftw!
Old 02-22-2006, 08:58 PM
The End Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The End

I havent seen an icebeam blissey in 8 months.

And twave > Alakazam.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:47 AM
Metabolic Offline
New Trainer

Ice beam Blissey is quite common but toxic Blissey is taking avoer. Neerthelessm, Ttar shouldnt me much of a problem if youhave cm and HP grass.

Register at Bleepland and find more Gfx like this, or talk about pokemon,Rate my team,Pokemon Analysis, its all there!Click the sig to go there!
Old 02-23-2006, 11:45 AM
Dragon_Seeker Offline
PE2K Team Rater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metabolic
Ice beam Blissey is quite common but toxic Blissey is taking avoer. Neerthelessm, Ttar shouldnt me much of a problem if youhave cm and HP grass.
Maybe in some small little world, but Thunder Wave / Seismic Toss / Aromatherapy / Softboiled is still the mainstream set.

You need 4 Calm Minds to have a chance of OHKOing TTar with no special defense/HP iirc.

Recover / Calm Mind / Encore / Psychic works well with Dugtrio, seeing how Dugtrio takes out like 90% of the set's mainstream counters (Metagross, Blissey, Houndoom, Tyranitar, etc).

Dugtrio doesn't look like a counter when it's killed by a boosted Psychic/Ice Punch and Zammy can do both. Not to mention every Dugtrio is Adamant these days, unless the team has serious Raikou issues, which should be easy to spot. Even then they don't run max most of the time; like, 44 SDef to survive HP Ice/Grass.
Ignoring the circumstances in which this point was raised, it cannot be denied that I do in fact have supernatural powers and am jesus (lower case "J" please I'm not an egotist but I don't need you silly little people mispelling my name).
Old 02-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Metabolic Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Seeker
Maybe in some small little world, but Thunder Wave / Seismic Toss / Aromatherapy / Softboiled is still the mainstream set.

You need 4 Calm Minds to have a chance of OHKOing TTar with no special defense/HP iirc.

Recover / Calm Mind / Encore / Psychic works well with Dugtrio, seeing how Dugtrio takes out like 90% of the set's mainstream counters (Metagross, Blissey, Houndoom, Tyranitar, etc).

Dugtrio doesn't look like a counter when it's killed by a boosted Psychic/Ice Punch and Zammy can do both. Not to mention every Dugtrio is Adamant these days, unless the team has serious Raikou issues, which should be easy to spot. Even then they don't run max most of the time; like, 44 SDef to survive HP Ice/Grass.
Quite right.
But after a calm mind if you give it decent Evs in Sp.Atk. HP grass WILL Ohko Ttar.
go check on the damage calc before you type.

and if you have a dugtrio on your team with Alakazam, as you mentioned, your team will sweep very easily,yes but technically as dugtrio cannot switch into houndoom safely, not a counter.