Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 01:47 PM
Techno Treecko Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Techno Treecko Send a message via Yahoo to Techno Treecko
Default Huh? (Question that belongs here)

What happened to ElimN8's story thread? Was it just randomly deleted or something? O_o
Old 04-21-2004, 02:47 PM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange
Unhappy Re: Huh? (Question that belongs here)

NO!!!

HE WAS JUST ABOUT TO FIGHT THE MUSLUM GUY!!! NOW ILL NEVER KNOW THE END!!!
Old 04-21-2004, 03:47 PM
Shroomish Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Shroomish Send a message via MSN to Shroomish Send a message via Yahoo to Shroomish
Default Re: Huh? (Question that belongs here)

*Sigh* Sorry guys but I deleted it. I know everyone thought it was funny but it should have been deleted from post one. The story contained alot of... mature words that aren't suitable for everyone on the forum. It also made fun of alot of religons. (Christianity, Buddism, Hinduism...) And that's offensive.
Plus, it was basically SPAM. E8 didn't intend to get a capture with that, he just intened to be insane. :P

Sorry E8, but next time, be more serious about this and make the story PG13 atleast.
Old 04-21-2004, 05:06 PM
Techno Treecko Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Techno Treecko Send a message via Yahoo to Techno Treecko

I understand, but he was intending to capture the Pokemon to my knowledge. The other posts were just for fun as he was waiting for Lep to grade his story. Also, it's usually better to lock the thread rather than delete it, or at least talk it over with the creator first. Deleting it without the sure intentions of the creator isn't wise in my opinion, and you could be offending the creator himself. It was offensive to some cultures, but was intended for fun..... That's just my opinion anyway.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:57 PM
Shroomish Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Shroomish Send a message via MSN to Shroomish Send a message via Yahoo to Shroomish

He couldn't have been intending a capture. I have the story saved if Lep would like to read it. It was just... Pointless. There was no set plot, it was just randomness, the grammar was horrible, and he didn't even fight the Pokemon to capture it. The story wasn't long enough for a capture anyway. But, I didn't delete it because it was poorly written, I got rid of it because of it's content.

I've seen E8's work before, I know he's a talented writer and could do 110 times better than this story. He just made it for a joke and that was fine until it started turning more adult rated with each post.
The last installment, which only myself and a couple of others read, was probably the worst.

Yes, I could have locked it but the story would still be here for everyone to view and as everyone knows, it's not a good thing for 10 year olds to see. And I'm sure PE2K himself wouldn't have wanted it viewable on the forums...
Quote:
Rules:
1. Use Sentences (Capitalizations & Periods)
2. No Inappropriate Behavior/Junk Posts.
3. Respect Other Members.
As you can see, he broke three forum rules. (3rd one is debatable but the first two for sure.)

I didn't mean to offend anyone, if I did, I'm sorry but just because it was funny desn't make it right...

And if E8 seriously wants a grade....

Story: No clear plot. I would suggest starting over and getting your point accross more. It's ok to be random and funny but there needs to be a plot in there somewhere.

Grammar: Even though it was intentional, it was still horrible. You can't get a capture writing like that, I'm sorry. I know you know how to write, don't mess around like that. A few parts were a bit unreadable.

Detail: Well.. Not alot here. The story seeems rushed through to me. Maybe try slowing it down a bit.

Reality: Not too realistic. Of course, it wasn't meant to be in the first place but still, you need serious work here. lol

Outcome: Tyrouge Not Captured.

Tips: Like I said before, get your head together. Joke stories are funny but the kind you wrote won't get you the capture. I know you can do this, I've seen some thing you've written and you're very good at it. Just use those skills seriously here.

I am just doing my job.

Last edited by Shroomish; 04-21-2004 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:09 PM
Techno Treecko Offline
Banned

Alright, I see where you're getting at. I'll leave the thread open incase E8 himself wants to comment on it, just for the record.

Oh and BTW, could you send me the latest issue over PM? I just want to overview it myself. Thanks, and if not, I understand.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:44 PM
ElimN8 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ElimN8 Send a message via MSN to ElimN8 Send a message via Yahoo to ElimN8

So now MENTIONING other religions is disrespectful?

Notice how you're the only one who got offended...besides, not ONCE did I mention Christianity; that was your interpretation. All I did was deitize Lep, which IMO, is an honor.

And yeah, it was a capture attempt; Treecko's right in every perspective. I was waiting for the grade by writing the other nonsense.

Heh, I know we talked about it already, but you were one of the ones who looked forward to seeing it...and you could've asked. There's professionalism and there's courtesy.

Plus you all treat the URPG like it's a basket of endangered monkies.

HA HA HA!!

Luckily for my fans I'm not stupid enough to post my only copy on a source where it could be so easily deleted by filthy moderators (...like myself.)

Archives biatchez
Old 04-22-2004, 03:24 AM
DarkMasterX Offline
Banned

I'm so outraged!!! ElimN8's story inspired me to start writing my own story's!! I haven't written a story in years, but thanks to N8 I am now starting an URPG story. But now that you deleted it, I just don't feel the confidence of writing it anymore. If this is the type of forum that won't even allowed a young dying child to write his own story, then this is not a forum I want to live in, no sir.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:01 AM
Techno Treecko Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMasterX
I'm so outraged!!! ElimN8's story inspired me to start writing my own story's!! I haven't written a story in years, but thanks to N8 I am now starting an URPG story. But now that you deleted it, I just don't feel the confidence of writing it anymore. If this is the type of forum that won't even allowed a young dying child to write his own story, then this is not a forum I want to live in, no sir.
Heh heh heh HA HA HA!

That was great X. Anyways, I've given ElimN8 permission to continue his story in the Mixed Writing Board, since the URPG will not allow it.
Old 04-22-2004, 05:14 AM
ElimN8 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ElimN8 Send a message via MSN to ElimN8 Send a message via Yahoo to ElimN8

Thanks you guys... you're the greatest...

And don't worry TT, you passed the test. You've now become the manliest character in the entire story

Last edited by ElimN8; 04-22-2004 at 05:18 AM.
Old 04-22-2004, 05:15 AM
Shroomish Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

E8, you're a moderator yourself and you should know better than to post stuff like that on the forums.
If it was a capture attempt, you got your grade in my last post.

Also you knew it would probably get locked/deleted once Jack saw it, you admited to that.

And, TT, I'm surprised that that story is going to be allowed anywhere on the forums. All I have to say is E8 better edit it because I seriously doubt it'll be acceptable.

*Sigh* Now I know how Syrus and Dani felt...
Old 04-22-2004, 05:27 AM
ElimN8 Offline
Banned

Sy and Dani? Hah, they were practically intimate in every thread they went to!

That aside though, I knew Sy and Dani better than you did; they were both some of my closest online friends and I know for a fact that they would've been laughing along side me, and at *least* courteous enough to address me before taking it down, if they had to.

If you meant being hounded by everyone, this isn't HALF of what they went through...
Old 04-22-2004, 12:22 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Sorry ElimN8, but I can't help but agree with Shroomish on this one. Honestly, I didn't find too much humor in it, it was more random gibberish than anything else, but rather than saying that, I just kept my mouth shut. If this had been posted by random n00b, I've sure they would have been banned on the spot. Plus I don't think Jack would have taken very well to reading something like that. I know if I was him reading that, I would find it extremely humilating.

Second, don't provide a link to the story somewhere else, the original was deleted for a reason. I think Shroomish is right, you can mention religions, but don't do it in a URPG capture story, save it for Other Discussion. The last thing you want to have is a member offended by something like this. There are some very sensitive people out there that wouldn't tolerate this story at all. Humor that pokes fun at too many people at one time is very dangerous. That goes beyond the forum.

Old 04-22-2004, 01:39 PM
Techno Treecko Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu
Sorry ElimN8, but I can't help but agree with Shroomish on this one. Honestly, I didn't find too much humor in it, it was more random gibberish than anything else, but rather than saying that, I just kept my mouth shut. If this had been posted by random n00b, I've sure they would have been banned on the spot. Plus I don't think Jack would have taken very well to reading something like that. I know if I was him reading that, I would find it extremely humilating.

Second, don't provide a link to the story somewhere else, the original was deleted for a reason. I think Shroomish is right, you can mention religions, but don't do it in a URPG capture story, save it for Other Discussion. The last thing you want to have is a member offended by something like this. There are some very sensitive people out there that wouldn't tolerate this story at all. Humor that pokes fun at too many people at one time is very dangerous. That goes beyond the forum.
Sorry, but I'm still on E8's side here. First of all, like he said, he only mentioned religions, he did not insult them in any way, nor did he intend any offense to them in the first place.

Also, all the people that he put in the story as of yet have not complained or taken offense out of it, because they all know he's just poking fun at them.

And furthermore, if you are not allowed to mention religion in a URPG story, then that is discrimination in and of itself, because people have every right to portray a religion in a story, just as long as they aren't insulting the religion itself (which E8 was not).

Quote:
And, TT, I'm surprised that that story is going to be allowed anywhere on the forums. All I have to say is E8 better edit it because I seriously doubt it'll be acceptable.

*Sigh* Now I know how Syrus and Dani felt...
Shroom, he told me over AIM that he would specifically put a warning label on the thread title to prevent children from seeing the thread if they did not wish to. It's exactly like the War RP post he made long ago in the 1st War Roleplay. He gave a specific warning before his post, as he will now. So I don't really see a problem with it. And also, I agree with E8 on Sy and Dani as well, as they would probably laugh along.

If the URPG doesn't want this stuff, they can decide not to have it, but that does not mean he has to stop the story, because he has every right to put it on the forum, in my views.

That is all.

Last edited by Techno Treecko; 04-22-2004 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:01 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedTreecko
It's exactly like the War RP post he made long ago in the 1st War Roleplay. He gave a specific warning before his post, as he will now. So I don't really see a problem with it.
Yeah, that post still wanders in my mind. That guy....:x

Basically, I don't find anything offensive in that story. It's just a joke. Laugh along, not like it's offending anybody anyway - -
Closed Thread