Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 02-14-2006, 10:32 AM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo
Default Rate my team

I would like a quick run down of my team. I would appreciate any and all evaluations on it. LoL I'm fairly new to all these moves. I haven't played pokemon ever since It was released in the US. xD

Well anyways I would just like to get it evaluated just on the team and Movesets

Edit: I don't have EV's or natures up yet, just working on movesets before I actually try to figure out what natures and EV's I should go for. xP

Ninetales
-Flamethower
-Confuse Ray
-Roar
-Toxic

Exeggutor
-Psychic
-Solarbeam
-Sunny Day
-Ingrain

Golduck
-Psychic
-Surf
-Calm Mind
-Ice Beam

Dragonite
-Dragon Claw
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-(Not sure what I should put here)

Raichu
-Tunderbolt
-Thunder
-Rain Dance
-Return

Tyranitar
-Dragon Dance
-Crunch
-Thunderbolt
-Earthquake

Last edited by Teo; 02-14-2006 at 11:06 AM.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Fossil Fusion Offline
Ride On

Send a message via AIM to Fossil Fusion
Default Re: Rate my team

Ok here we go

Ninetales@Leftovers

Fire Blast/Flamethrower
Confuse Ray/Hypnosis
Will-O-Wisp
Substitute
*Not sure on this one.

Exeggutor@leftovers

Sleep Powder
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Hp Fire/Hp Ice

or

Exeggutor@leftovers

Psychic
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Explosion

Golduck@Leftovers

Calm Mind
Ice Beam
Hypnosis
Surf

Dragonite@leftovers

Substitute
Earthquake
Focus Punch
Dragon Dance

Raichu@leftovers

Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave/Surf/Encore
Substitute
Focus Punch

Tyranitar@leftovers

Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Substitute
Aerial Ace/Rock Slide

Dont use 2 moves of the same type such as on your Raichu you had Thunder and Thunderbolt. Next Time post EVs and Natures.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:04 AM
Teo Offline

I know of not to put two moves of the same type on my Raichu But I couldn't think of what else to put there. As for EV's And natures don't have them yet due to the fact only half of the team is built. xP So I was thinking in advance on what moves I might want to incorperate on to the team. I'll definatley re-evaluate my Exeggutor now. I was kinda shakey on that particular moveset I had picked. Thanks for the rating though. I'm getting a better idea on what moves I should replace.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:24 PM
ManOwaR Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo
I would like a quick run down of my team. I would appreciate any and all evaluations on it. LoL I'm fairly new to all these moves. I haven't played pokemon ever since It was released in the US. xD

Well anyways I would just like to get it evaluated just on the team and Movesets

Edit: I don't have EV's or natures up yet, just working on movesets before I actually try to figure out what natures and EV's I should go for. xP

Ninetales
-Flamethower
-Confuse Ray
-Roar
-Grudge

Exeggutor
-Psychic
-Solarbeam
-Sunny Day
-Leech seed/Explosion

Golduck
-Hypnosis
-Surf
-Calm Mind
-Ice Beam

Dragonite
-Dragon Claw
-flamethrower/fire blast
-Substitute
-Focus punch

Raichu
-Tunderbolt
-thunder wave
-Encore
-ReturnFiller

Tyranitar
-Dragon Dance
-Rock slide
-Thunderbolt
-Earthquake
*10 char limit*
End Battle! 0mastar wins!
Score: 0 to 6
Valdoris: Nice
0mastar: meh

Lol, beat the guy 6-0
Old 02-14-2006, 05:15 PM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

Changes in bold.

Ninetales
-Flamethower
-Grudge
-Sunny Day
-Will-o-Wisp

Sunny Day so Waters don't screw you so easily, and to get a double STAB on FT. Also helps Eggy if you switch early enough. Will-o-Wisp the physical attacker on the switch, Grudge when you think the opponent is going for the KO so they no longer have that attacking move. Make sure you put Speed and Special Defense on Ninetales.

Exeggutor
-Psychic
-Solarbeam
-Sunny Day
-Explosion

Ingrain SUCKS. Explosion to blow up on the opponent's Special wall. Get about 190+ Speed at level 100 so when Chlorophyl is in effect, you're faster than everything in the game besides a very speedy Ninjask or Deoxys (Speed).

Golduck
-Psychic
-Surf
-Calm Mind
-Ice Beam

Ew. No. Golduck should be replaced. Please, get Milotic.

Milotic
-Hypnosis
-Recover
-Surf
-Ice Beam

Get loads of Defense and HP EVs, the rest in Special Defense.

Dragonite
-Dragon Claw
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Aerial Ace/Flamethrower

Aerial Ace gives you a STAB move to run off of your sexy Attack stat, or Flamethrower provides the other half of the Flameclaw setup, which, as you can tell, is Flamethrower and Dragon Claw, which NO Pokemon in the game resists. I suggest Flamethrower, though, since Tyranitar is your Dragon Dancer.

Raichu
-Tunderbolt
-Thunder
-Rain Dance
-Return

lol, hell no. Rain Dance will just get in the way of Ninetales and Eggy. Drop Raichu altogether, he just blows when there are better options out there. Get a Jolteon, to cover your lack of Elec resist.

Jolteon
-Substitute
-Thunder Wave/Wish
-Baton pass
-Thunderbolt

Can't do crap to grounds, because HP:Ice/Grass/Water is too hard to come by in game, so just Baton Pass a Sub or a Wish. Breed for Wish.

Tyranitar
-Dragon Dance
-Crunch/Rock Slide
-Thunderbolt/Rock Slide
-Earthquake

Tyranitar is THE Dragon Dancer. I like both Crunch and Thunderbolt, so it will all be a preference for you.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:42 PM
Teo Offline

I like that Ninetales and I see how it supports Exeggutor. Replacing Golduck sounds like an excellent idea. It did seem to me when building my team that he felt out of place. As for Dragonite. I'll probably replace DD with Flamethrower. As For Jolteon. I'm kina shakey on it. But I'll definately try to find an alternative for Raichu. Thanks for the break down on my team. I appreciate it.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:49 AM
Dragon_Seeker Offline
PE2K Team Rater

If you don't want to drop Raichu but need an electric resist, you could keep the Chu and use Light Screen... probably Light Screen, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Filler. Maybe Wish or something.
Ignoring the circumstances in which this point was raised, it cannot be denied that I do in fact have supernatural powers and am jesus (lower case "J" please I'm not an egotist but I don't need you silly little people mispelling my name).
Old 02-15-2006, 06:20 AM
Teo Offline

I probably will keep Raichu, I just need a solid moveset that won't get in the way of Sunny Day. If you have any suggestions on a movest for Raichu I would like to hear them.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:50 PM
pokeball Offline
Amateur Trainer

Cool Re: Rate my team

no try and teach your dragonite hyperbeam if it hasn't alredy tryed to learn it naturally. if you did replace golduck i advise you to replace it with an ice pokemon as i feel that that's the missing link in your team.

hope i've been of some help

yours sincerely,

POKEBALL

(p.s. i rate your team at the moment 12 out of 20. and if you make the changes i suggest and what other poeolpe have suggested it'll probably have a rating of about 17-18 out of 20 because no-ones perfect.)
Old 02-15-2006, 04:18 PM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch

Pokeball that rate was less than useful. An ice pokemon might be helpful though, so if you don't take the milotic suggested earlier go for lapras or something. Or:

Slowking @ Leftovers
-Calm mind
-Flamethrower/Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Surf

Just like golduck but a bit nicer and wears a cool hat. Flamethrower makes for an awesome partner to psychic, the two moves resisted only by Houndoom and Tyranitar I think. Which is what surf is for.

And for Raichu:
-Encore/Thunder wave/Light Screen
-Thunderbolt
-Substitute
-Focus Punch

Last edited by Finch; 02-15-2006 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:19 AM
Teo Offline

Well, I'm definately going for the Milotic. I'll still train a Slowking though as a back up. The move set for the Slowking seems killer. xD Perfect blance I would say. Not to mention Slowking is a pain to get rid of when facing. xP So slowking will probably my 7th pokemon.
Raichu is looking more balanced out now. I'll raise a few more to try out different move sets to see which I like better. Thanks for the evaluation on my team.