Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-14-2006, 03:21 AM
PokemonElite2000's Avatar
PokemonElite2000 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,147
Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Four New Pokemon Revealed!

Four New Pokemon Revealed!
-02/13/06-


The latest issue of Coro Coro revealed four new Pokemon. One Pokemon can be seen clearly, but the three other Pokemon are in silhouette form.

The new Pokemon are featured in the next Pokemon movie in Japan, the 9th Pokemon movie: "Pokemon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea." The movie will be released in Japan on July 15th, 2006 (No US date yet).

Manafi - Prince of the Sea is Born
The blue Pokemon's name is Manafi. The words left to it says "Prince of the Sea," along with "birth" or "born" - (Prince of the Sea is born).

Three Silhouette Pokemon - Rough Translation Descriptions
1st Pokemon: A fish Pokemon.
2nd Pokemon: Tail is split into two.
3rd Pokemon: Has a shape of a musical note (look at the head).

Coro Coro Magazine (Click to Enlarge)
(Click to Enlarge)

EDIT (UPDATE): "Manafi" corrected to "Manaphy." The Pokemon in the 1st silhouette has the Japanese name of "Tamanta." While "Perappu" and "Beizuru" are believed to be the second and third Pokemon (can't confirm which name corresponds to which Pokemon yet).

Related Links
Future Movies
New Pokemon

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com
__________________

Last edited by PokemonElite2000; 02-15-2006 at 09:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-14-2006, 03:26 AM
Neo Emolga's Avatar
Neo Emolga Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reading your mind
Posts: 21,704
Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Four New Pokemon Revealed!

Don't mind me saying, but Manafi... looks really kinda dopey...

And needless to say, I hate silhouettes.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-14-2006, 03:36 AM
PokemonElite2000's Avatar
PokemonElite2000 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,147
Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: Four New Pokemon Revealed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu
Don't mind me saying, but Manafi... looks really kinda dopey...

And needless to say, I hate silhouettes.
Silhouettes are there to tempt ya, lol...

Manafi... obvious Chao resemblence. And the idea of Manafi is the same as Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi... small and cute, heh.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-14-2006, 04:09 AM
Lego Man's Avatar
Lego Man Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Legoland
Posts: 1,075
Send a message via MSN to Lego Man
Default Re: Four New Pokemon Revealed!

And if it's anything like Mew and Celebi, it won't see North American soil without a cheat device or a trip to New York (At least with Jirachi, there was the pre-order deal)

You know, I could have sworn we got the same thing with Ruby and Sapphire (the silhouettes ) but I didn't see anything in the old news.

Hmm... the one on the left looks like a mix of Dustox and Wailmer, and the middle almost has the shape of a Breloom with a horn. The third somewhat looks like a vuture.

Any idea what the text says besides them, maybe they're the starters
__________________
My DVDs/My games
Most recent items added:
DVD's: True Blood Season 1
Games: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (#600!!!!)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-14-2006, 04:14 AM
PokemonElite2000's Avatar
PokemonElite2000 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,147
Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: Four New Pokemon Revealed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego_man1326
And if it's anything like Mew and Celebi, it won't see North American soil without a cheat device or a trip to New York (At least with Jirachi, there was the pre-order deal)

You know, I could have sworn we got the same thing with Ruby and Sapphire (the silhouettes ) but I didn't see anything in the old news.

Hmm... the one on the left looks like a mix of Dustox and Wailmer, and the middle almost has the shape of a Breloom with a horn. The third somewhat looks like a vuture.

Any idea what the text says besides them, maybe they're the starters
It's very doubtful they're starters.

But here's a rough translation:

1st Pokemon: A fish Pokemon.
2nd Pokemon: Tail is split into two.
3rd Pokemon: Has a shape of a musical note (look at the head).
(EDIT: Added this to the news as well now)

To me, the first one looks like a Mantine, so maybe a pre-evolution.
__________________

Last edited by PokemonElite2000; 02-14-2006 at 04:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-14-2006, 04:26 AM
masterryanx's Avatar
masterryanx Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: California, USA
Posts: 523
Send a message via AIM to masterryanx Send a message via Skype™ to masterryanx
Default Re: Four New Pokemon Revealed!

Quote:
To me, the first one looks like a Mantine, so maybe a pre-evolution.
Ya, that's what I was thinking too, I mean there are pics of Mantine on that page.
__________________
"Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-14-2006, 04:33 AM
Lego Man's Avatar
Lego Man Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Legoland
Posts: 1,075
Send a message via MSN to Lego Man
Default Re: Four New Pokemon Revealed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
It's very doubtful they're starters.

But here's a rough translation:

1st Pokemon: A fish Pokemon.
2nd Pokemon: Tail is split into two.
3rd Pokemon: Has a shape of a musical note (look at the head).
(EDIT: Added this to the news as well now)

To me, the first one looks like a Mantine, so maybe a pre-evolution.
Maybe, there is a Mantine in the pic beside (from what I've read) Manafi's egg.

The tail part makes me think it could be a pre-evo of Vulpix, but it looks Bi-pedal

A musical note? I thought the top part was a scythe, but I guess it's tail does look like a metronome
__________________
My DVDs/My games
Most recent items added:
DVD's: True Blood Season 1
Games: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (#600!!!!)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-14-2006, 05:16 AM
Morkula's Avatar
Morkula Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 15
Default Re: Four New Pokemon Revealed!

Am I the only one that thinks Manafi looks like a Digimon? o_o
The other three are intriguing. Especially the musical note bird thingie. And I'm pretty much convinced that the first one is a Mantine pre-evo. It's even got the antennae and the wings.
__________________

mUnity - The Pokemon Master's Community
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-14-2006, 06:30 AM
Mitsuko Souma's Avatar
Mitsuko Souma Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulgey Wood
Posts: 1,687
Send a message via AIM to Mitsuko Souma Send a message via MSN to Mitsuko Souma Send a message via Yahoo to Mitsuko Souma
Default Re: Four New Pokemon Revealed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkula
Am I the only one that thinks Manafi looks like a Digimon? o_o
The other three are intriguing. Especially the musical note bird thingie. And I'm pretty much convinced that the first one is a Mantine pre-evo. It's even got the antennae and the wings.
Looks like a kabuki dancer to me...

And I think the 'musical note' looks kinda like a flag. :p
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-14-2006, 07:09 AM
PokemonElite2000's Avatar
PokemonElite2000 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,147
Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: Four New Pokemon Revealed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego_man1326
Maybe, there is a Mantine in the pic beside (from what I've read) Manafi's egg.

The tail part makes me think it could be a pre-evo of Vulpix, but it looks Bi-pedal

A musical note? I thought the top part was a scythe, but I guess it's tail does look like a metronome
Now that you mention it, the tail does resemble a metronome, makes sense to keep with that musical theme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkula
Am I the only one that thinks Manafi looks like a Digimon? o_o
The other three are intriguing. Especially the musical note bird thingie. And I'm pretty much convinced that the first one is a Mantine pre-evo. It's even got the antennae and the wings.
lol, well I'm not a Digimon expert, but I do notice a lot Digimon have wide big eyes like Manafi. But eh, Pokemon and Digimon, kinda the same with them creatures.

But if anything, it looks like a Chao: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Sonic_chao.jpg (for those that don't know, a creature from Sonic the Hedgehog)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-14-2006, 09:53 AM
AbXtreme's Avatar
AbXtreme Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: IN HELL!
Posts: 526
Send a message via AIM to AbXtreme Send a message via MSN to AbXtreme
Default Re: Four New Pokemon Revealed!

The 3rd silhouette looks like a parrot (or Hawk look at the beak) with either a sharp head or Musical Note it depends. 1st one looks like a Mantine Pre-Evo.
2nd one i really have no idea.....(Maybe Vulpix Pre Evo i dunno)

The Manafi Pokemon, i'm sorry but i'm not liking it :/
__________________


'You maybe able to prolong your life, but it's not like you can escape your inivitable death'

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-14-2006, 12:54 PM
Sleepy Sheep's Avatar
Sleepy Sheep Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,950
Default Re: Four New Pokemon Revealed!

I have to agree with abXtreme. The second one...the body looks like a slowking giving a pledge, but that isn't it.

But, I do believe the third one is a grass/flying type thing with the build of bayleef in some points.

I hope they are revealed soon. I wanna see how wrong we are!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Tamer San's Avatar
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Your momma's lap
Posts: 5,281
Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San
Default Re: Four New Pokemon Revealed!

Very interesting but scary.

I mean, new mons = new regions = new gyms + new attacks = more job for URPG and referees >_>
__________________

"Fight for freedom. Fight for glory. Fight to win!"
I am back
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-14-2006, 03:06 PM
Nefarious's Avatar
Nefarious Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In A Straitjacket
Posts: 6,255
Send a message via AIM to Nefarious
Default Re: Four New Pokemon Revealed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer San
Very interesting but scary.

I mean, new mons = new regions = new gyms + new attacks = more job for URPG and referees >_>
Lol, yeah, but it may mean better pokemon for my Gym. =) It'll take awhile for us to get used to 100 new pokemon though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-14-2006, 04:14 PM
MystiKal's Avatar
MystiKal Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 6,140
Send a message via AIM to MystiKal Send a message via MSN to MystiKal Send a message via Yahoo to MystiKal
Default Re: Four New Pokemon Revealed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious
Lol, yeah, but it may mean better pokemon for my Gym. =) It'll take awhile for us to get used to 100 new pokemon though.
Lol I know, It's going to be interesting to see maybe a new type interduced.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com